It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by samaria

I personally believe that one life is equal to all life.

I don't think i could sacrifice one life to save another. but that just me
No it is not only you.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Are you a vegetarian?
No I am not.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

I too save spiders, and don't fear them near as much as I used to.

Ok, here is a subject I will go further into now that we bring up spiders... This was that line that I said has to be drawn. I have arachnophobia, I do not like spiders, but wait let me finish. Doesn't mean I will go out of my way to kill them unless black widow, or brown widow nests become an issue. I do not hunt for these nests, but if they are blatantly obvious and intrude my area where I tend to be around a lot then these nests must be exterminated. A good example would be. Would you allow a black widow or a brown widow spider to live in your mailbox? If yes explain how you can reason with a spider without it biting your hand while you try to grab your mail? Anything poisonous is a danger to us, and if I feel like I am being threatened within my space then I will take the proper precautions to make sure its not me who dies. Don't get me wrong spiders are interesting creatures, I do not kill daddy long legs or garden spiders, because I feel less threatened by them when I do encounter them up close and personal.
edit on 22-2-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Even tho I have a dozen cats and hunting for food is in their nature. I have rescued more birds, squirrels, rodents and even a weasel. Probably the very weasel that was killing my chickens. But if I am not there to prevent it, there isn't a lot I can do. Ditto on the spiders and putting them outside.

My husband intercepted a coyote chasing after fawn. to have the fawn run right up to him as if to say thank you and then scamper off. I've also intercepted a bald eagle swoopin' on my cat. The list can go on.

I know this is nature at it's best/worst and all part of the cycle of life. But I am unable to watch that part of nature if I can prevent it. I would much rather give them a little more time here, even if it is only for an hour.

Let me add that I am a meat eater. Yet I have never taken a deer or turkey in the 13 yrs I have been here. And I won't till I am given no other choice. I enjoy their company way to much for that. Life is just to precious to take with out thought or care.

I deleted the part about a black widow but will mention it because of the post above. I was torn when I found one but she did get taken out a ways and allowed to live. But you are correct. Nest are to dangerous to have around. Do what is needed. they can kill. I still wanna know where she came from. Didn't know we had them in Montana.
edit on 22-2-2012 by amethystmoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2012 by amethystmoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I saved my friend's life from drowning when I was 15. He is two years older. He had a party and had apparently got into an old Oxycontin script in his cabinets. He was drinking too. I knew he was acting weird, which happened often when he drank, so I followed him around all night. He went to the pool to do a gainer. Several people were around. His feet floated to the top. I was outside of the pool gate and the ones inside the gate were seemingly not concerned. I ran and jumped in, got his head out of water, scaled the wall til I got to the shallow end, then everyone was concerned and ready to help. He didn't need CPR thankfully. I was very angry with him and with the spectators, but very thankful for the outcome and the lesson.

Also, I think I saved my cat's life on Valentines Day, or at least prevented lockjaw. My girlfriend, Abbie, got her a collar for some reason, she has never worn one before. I told her a few times that Fiona (cat) didn't want it. I was in the shower. Fiona normally sits quietly outside the shower. She was making noise and messing with the curtain. I opened it to tell her to calm down, she had the collar in her mouth. She was unable to close her mouth or get the collar the rest of the way off. I reached down and put my fingers in her mouth to unsnap it, then I threw it down in anger and finished showering with my heart racing. I think she was trying to get my attention and knew that only I could help her. She is normally irritable, but this time let me put my fingers in her mouth because she knew I had to. Later, I wondered if she was thankful. I concluded that she had probably forgotten lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amethystmoon

Life is just to precious to take with out thought or care.
Beautiful picture of deer.Yes every life is precious on how much you cherish her.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I've saved three lives in my life.

The first one was when I was 8 I pulled a friend of mine out of the path of a car. The guy ran a red light and swerved at my buddy. I pulled him out of the way just as the car smashed into the one parked on the street. He was drunk. Bad luck for him my dad was home and he saw what happened. He beat the living crap out of that dude.

The second when I was 12 I watch this who was trying I guess it was supposed to be some kind of special dive but it turned into a belly-flop and off of the high dive it can be a stunner. This kid starts sinking like a rock so I scream at the lifeguard but he doesn't because of his jam-box and wasn't paying attention anyway because he was busy hitting on this blonde chick. So I dive in and grab and start swimming up just as we get to the surface the lifeguard grabs him from me asks what did I think I was doing. I replied back well I could have let him drown while you were trying to get some F****** P****. Then I get banned from the pool for the rest of the summer cussing at a guard. Karma can be a ho.

The third was when I was 17. A friend and I was camping in some backwoods ginseng hunting when he got bit by a rattlesnake. I was away from camp when he was bitten so I had no Idea how much time has passed and even though I sucked out as much poison as I could be he started looking real bad. There was no way I was going to leave him so I cut down a couple of saplings grabbed a blanket and made him a litter to lay on as I pulled him five miles through the woods to help.

So figure whatever sinning I've done I pretty much have covered.

edit on 22-2-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sp0rk

Hero in my book...!

"If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals."

"Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind."
-Albert Einstein

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Yes a couple times in my life. I pulled a man from a burning car as a teenager and held a tourniquet on a co-workers leg after his foot was cut off until the ambulance arrived

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Dear diamonsmith,

I saved a life, I saved a toddler from drowning when I was about 9. Her mother never thanked me or spoke to me about it and I have always wondered what happened to the girl. Peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is a good question...but, after listening to the admonitions of Reverend Maynard, and considering the plight of the poor carrots, I don't think the answer is as simple as the OP has suggested.
Ahem.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Her mother never thanked me or spoke to me about it and I have always wondered what happened to the girl
My dear A Question the important thing is what you feel deep inside your heart.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Someone said once "Save a life, save a whole world"

Yes, God said that, in the Qur'an. Chapter 5, verse 32.

And, I too have already saved lives, of people and animals.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Please don't lose heart, I can feel your frustration regarding why we continue as we always have, not absorbing the real lesson in it all.
You are absolutely correct, all life is precious, most people forget also the very energy in the Earth is precious too and exactly the same as in all us living organisms.

That energy is given freely to us because we are loved by that energy,we are that energy, great sacrifice has been made for us, so we can be here now, to enjoy the things we have right now and the people around us right now.

What's important is what you do with that knowledge and how you live.

What I really want to say is, it's okay to go home now,
Go where your heart tells you is home. Is that where you live now? Is it the people around you now?

Do no harm extends to noticing other distress and not walking by when you see it. It doesn't matter where you live or what you are. Extend you heart to people with no fear for yourself, be bold and brave.
Say those things that you've always wanted to, don't hold back but remember to be polite and considerate of how they may feel, don't run. Be brave and be honest and be true to yourself.

Denying someone else the chance at this is very bad for your own energy too, they will forgive you, but will you forgive yourself?
Never turn away from someone or something that asks for your help.

All that you love will be saved, which saves you, always been the way.
And for this you may thank the father and the mother, the brother and the sister, and the son and the daughter when ever you wish

I am sorry if this came across as ramblings, I felt the need to share that.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your thread op
X
Amanda

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You completely disregarded my point where I proved its natural by way of cellular process, so your statement has done nothing to add to the argument

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i pulled my brother from a river when i was about 7 (my brother was 3 or 4). i also try my best not to kill anything (two exceptions wasps and flys)..
edit on 22/2/2012 by josephamccoy because: too much swearing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

What about if I said yes? And I can back it up? I saved a teenager from being burnt when her hair caught on fire.Had I let it go she would have suck in the flames around her face and burnt her lungs up years ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have a hard time not saving a life when presented with the oppurtunity. I have not ever intentionally caused harm to another living soul. I cannot kill bugs, instead I catch and release. I foster animals, and have used animal rescues to save dogs destined for the needle. I have performed CPR as well on an individual who had a heart attack while bowling. He did not live, but I did not feel guilty. All I can do is value all life for what it is and appreciate every day that I'm given here. Maybe I'm just overly empathetic.... and from talking with random strangers, I seem to be in the minority anymore.

Life is Beautiful!

To quote the dirtball:
"Of a lot of beings in the solar system, I am one of the ones that understands its a pleasure, and an honor to be breathing in and out, paralyzed by the rhythm of the drums"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

The only one who has lived and not killed was jesus, however we will never match that. I feel like you put yourself on another pedestal with your "I am too spiritually evolved" comment. To me that is a meaningless statement honestly and it just makes you fit into the stereotype of vegetarians. "Eating meat is so bad, so I switched to a vegetarian lifestyle the others who eat meat still are so ignorant." Do I agree with the practices at slaughterhouses or professional chicken coops...no of course not. Do I buy into the natural food hype..no. Do I even have the money to attempt to buy into the natural food craze no. So I'm glad you feel good about eating non-meat derived products but I for one will continue eating those products.

You go to the extreme by avoiding transportation when you claim the bugs on the grill, bugs replicate at such a faster rate than you and I that one 50 crash into a windshield the population will replicate that in a few days. It's okay to be sensitive about your actions on the Earth, litter less, cool. Walking when something is less than a mile away, cool. But when your sensitivity makes not want to use public transportation for fear of bugs crashing into a windshield is a little extreme.

Quick question for you, if you had fleas...would you kill them?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I kill lots of things, especially spiders and cockroaches. The ladybug that just landed on my desk I put outside...
It's all about perspective and perceived cuteness

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join