It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by 4hero

post by 4hero
I wish people would stop making silly attempts to debunk something that is clearly a UFO of some description.

So you would rather we all just except every youtube video that claims to show UFOs without question ?

post by 4hero
Time and time gain people come up with various implausible theories, that are even crazier than the UFO theory!

So saying that this video is probably showing planes and pointing out there is an airport nearby is crazier than the UFO theory

post by 4hero
Time to end the denial

Indeed .....Just because you want them to be ET don't make it so .
edit on 21-2-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

No, obviously dont accept all videos, but when something is blatantly obvious, and people still try poor attempts at debunking, it's just making them look silly!

Who said the video is showing planes? I certainly didnt, get your facts right! Obviously they are not planes!

I know they are not craft from our planet dude, that is all I'm saying. I have seen similar sightings in the UK, no where near an airport! These are not planes or any craft we have here on Earth.

What is is with you debunkers trying to twist people's words around?
edit on 21-2-2012 by 4hero because: spelling

B-b-b-but chinese flares are from our planet dude

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
instead of mocking disbelievers, why don't you just try to understand that at least 60% of the people who tend to disbelieve are in fact frustrated over plain silly claims and shakey video images in an era where information (regardless if truth or trash) flows like crazy? we would love to believe. it's just, we become pissed off for badly shot material which adds nothing to the concept but yet another brick to the giant wall erected by those ready to debunk the stuff and doing grace to disinfo agents.

youtube is the brooding source of non-serious thrash which is not tired of being flagged with dislikes and made (mostly rightfully) rude comments with loads of bad lingo. i had tons of music vids over there and don't remember any single curse word having been spent nor do i remember being responded with a swear. those who face such are deserving it.

we want to believe, we want some serious material with an even tiny chance of being believable and not necessarily stone hard proof but the your typical "shaky cam" youtuber is ruining it for everyone.
edit on 21-2-2012 by jamsession because: spelling.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

post by 4hero
I know they are not craft from our planet dude, that is all I'm saying.

You know this how ? , from watching a shaky video of nondescript lights .... check these out ,claimed to be UFOs but they are planes as well .

Appearances can be deceptive .

They are well known to some of us as planes from the Chilean Air Force training school, here's a video that shows them for what they are .

edit on 21-2-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If they were planes taking off and landing, wouldn't the people that are filming this, know that by now? Does anyone know where the airport is in relation to where they were filming? Personally, I don't see the beacon lights. So I am not sure what it is I am looking at.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

But at least some of us are trying to determine proximity to the airport. You're basing airplanes on the fact that every city has an airport. Therefore, they must be planes.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there is an AIRPORT over that way. Gawd.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
instead of mocking disbelievers, why don't you just try to understand that at least 60% of the people who tend to disbelieve are in fact frustrated over plain silly claims and shakey video images in an era where information (regardless if truth or trash) flows like crazy? we would love to believe. it's just, we become pissed off for badly shot material which adds nothing to the concept but yet another brick to the giant wall erected by those ready to debunk the stuff and doing grace to disinfo agents.

youtube is the brooding source of non-serious thrash which is not tired of being flagged with dislikes and made (mostly rightfully) rude comments with loads of bad lingo. i had tons of music vids over there and don't remember any single curse word having been spent nor do i remember being responded with a swear. those who face such are deserving it.

we want to believe, we want some serious material with an even tiny chance of being believable and not necessarily stone hard proof but the your typical "shaky cam" youtuber is ruining it for everyone.
edit on 21-2-2012 by jamsession because: spelling.

Videos are shaky. Get over it. I managed to watch the whole thing a few times without becoming frustrated once.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Beacon lights are relatively small on training aircraft, they are easy to see at night when the landing light is not on. The landing lights, in this situation, would seem to flush out the smaller beacon light. Especially when viewed from what is (seemingly) a point-and-shoot camera / a cellphone camera, which are terrible in low light (this was taken at twilight). Also, it has most likely been compressed from youtube encoding, which would help to wash out most of the detail.
There is a point late in the vid where the person making it zooms in on one of the lights, and multiple lights seem to appear on one object, one of the lights blinking. I suggest that this blinking light is either the beacon or the flashing wingtip position light.

Just my opinion and insight, not fact. But saying this is an outerworldly ship is not fact either.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there is an AIRPORT over that way. Gawd.

Based on what? Gawd...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Videos are shaky. Get over it. I managed to watch the whole thing a few times without becoming frustrated once.

no i won't get over it in an age of hi-tech cams and tripods. anyone wanting respect and credibility must deserve it in the first place. suppose i film a stink shaky footage of a chopper and try to pass it off as an ufo. shoot me if i ever attempt it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
flares...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession

no i won't get over it in an age of hi-tech cams and tripods. anyone wanting respect and credibility must deserve it in the first place. suppose i film a stink shaky footage of a chopper and try to pass it off as an ufo. shoot me if i ever attempt it.

You're condemning people for not bringing a tripod out with them every time they have their camera? It happens. Get over it and deal with what you get. So if you're outside with your video camera and you see something like this you wouldn't bother filming because you don't have a tripod and are worried about what people will say regarding that? Seriously?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The picture of the airport was spun around so you ARE looking from North to South BTW.

The picture of the airport shows north E at the bottom and SW at the top of the line.

Ok... Well, either way, using your pic draw a line along airstrip 10/190 downward and to the left a bit... Thermalito. Houses and such, not fields. I'm only suggesting a possible location of where they may be shooting from if what they are taping are airplanes in a holding pattern or practicing touch and goes from Oroville municipal AP. They might be over by Kelly Ridge or what not. Thermalito is in the 2 mile range from the AP, in the direction along the airstrip. Oroville is about 3.6ish miles yet more to the East of the AP. Oroville East even further, 7.6 miles. And Kelly Ridge about 8.5 miles. The more East their location the least likely they are taping touch and goes, considering the angle of the airstrip, but it doesn't negate that they are seeing planes practicing their flying, logging hours, etc. during dusk to night (least amount of air traffic).

The Sierra foothills are south of the airport.

You're correct about the foothills being SE of Oroville...

... But then this would mean they are looking North E. if they are looking at the airport. But as you pointed out, they are looking SW, so if they are indeed in the foothills, then it is impossible for them to be pointed in the direction of the airport.

No, the Sierra foothills take up the whole area North, East and Southeast of Oroville...

Per Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

The Sierra Foothills AVA contains portions of eight California counties: Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Mariposa, Nevada, Placer, Tuolumne and Yuba. The total area of the appellation is 2,600,000 acres (10,522 km2), one of the largest AVAs in the state of California.

Therefore they may still be looking S/SW from a part of the Sierra foothills.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Ya, I honestly was having a hard time pinpointing the exact location of the foothills so you could be right. And, things get lost in translation quickly once it begins to unravel. I'll make up another google earth photo with more detailed lines N, S, E, W, distances etc.

While I'm not closed to your idea and they do resemble planes at first, my gut and intuition differ as the clip proceeds.

Why don't you give me your opinion as to why during 1:40 to 3:50 where you suggest the plane is taking off, we can still see the same intensity of light as it does this? While I go work on a better map...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Something else I'd like to add. From the video they seem to be taping across a small valley. Looking at google earth that would mean they are more near the eastern side of Oroville... Hence, not in line with the airstrip at the municipal AP. Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'll tell you what I think of that video, its fake and bloody annoying..

When will lantern filmers learn that hiding behind tree's and zooming the camera very deliberately all over the place, in fact anywhere BUT the sky just pisses people off and in now way creates the idea of a UFO. Add to the fact it was obviously lanterns just really got my got up.

And lanterns are NOT strange aerial phenomena, they are common or garden items seen daily and used daily, no matter what way you shake a camera or play hide and seek with the screen will make them any less obvious.

I've had a long hard day, my tinnitus is going bonkers, my heads pounding and I have a look in here for something to take my mind off all that and I get shi**y shake O cam lanterns.

Between that, UK money being used to bail Greece out AGAIN (IMF) and the US army playing kiss ass for the destruction of a set of religious books in countries and people that assault and kill christians, refuse to let them build churches and burn the others down.

Today is total madness day...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Please people, stop wasting your time on this video, your energy could be better spent elsewhere, perhaps on videos that are interesting

ahhhhhhh,,,,,,, ok,,,,,,,now I get it. hello Michael

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hasn't anyone ever heard of a tripod? Hell, just sit it on something like a log or a tree branch, but please....stop holding the camera and screwing up with all of the jumping around. How can we see anything if the video is hopping all around the screen. Humans are so slow to learn. ......(Yes, I am human too).

edit on 21-2-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

To me the light at the 1:30 mark does get a bit brighter as it slowly travels from left to right.

As for the 3:30ish mark the light is pretty intense from the get go, hence one of the reasons I think it is actually a plane flying closer to them leaving the airport. Comparing it to the other lights and their speeds this one seems to be moving faster than the others. There's two lights on this one till about mid way, then just one light. They don't seem to increase in intensity, but then again they were intense to begin with.

I suppose one could see it as a solid light slowly climbing up in a strait line and to the right, but I see the lights ascending at an angle and coming towards the camera in the distance, like an airplane would. The speed is steady, too.

Unfortunately she stops taping once the light is blocked by the thicker part of the tree... I wonder why she'd do this if she was really that excited about seeing a UFO, alien spacecraft, or whatever. I know I wouldn't stop taping!
Makes me wonder though...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by elouina
Ok I found the video very interesting also. Now I could be wrong, but it seems that the lights were all going down, and none went up. As much as I want to believe this is an alien UFO, I can't help but think lanterns.

None went up?

Except the one that went up almost directly to one in the clouds, and then veered right into the cloud.

It could be aimed toward Chico which is 25 mins. from Oroville They are making a movie...

CHICO -- Traffic is likely to be affected on Aguas Frias Road, southwest of Chico, today and Wednesday afternoon as a film production company seeks to capture shots of a Butte County sunset.
www.chicoer.com...

Redding could also be the direction faced which has a busy airport.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join