It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLife

Your opinion and I'm fine with that.
Just a thought though. Isn't California infamous for wild fires?
edit on 21-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by SunLife

Aye I agree again not very smart to use candles in area that could cause fires..maybe it just rained by the looks of the clouds.. ?¿?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Great footage, some of the best i have ever seen, most definitely authentic. I get so sick and tired of people crying helicopters and Chinese lanterns that haven't even watched the whole video, These kids got lucky that night, that's for sure, an awesome display in the sky. What the hell was going on at 4min or so, some kind of electric frequency interference??? WEIRD.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
First off, we should not have to be guessing here. We should know their exact location and the exact direction in which their camera is pointing. Exactly. Isn't that very basic research, just a starting point? yet here we are guessing because we don't know. The information is not provided.

Very, very basic. Google Earth the exact location, down to the block level. On Google Earth I can see the hot tub on my deck and the deck chairs nearby. It's that good. Now back up, zoom out. What way was the camera pointing? Is there an airport in that direction? If so, end of story. If not, well, let's try something else. But here we are having to guess. Some of them may be educated guesses, to be sure, but they are still guesses. That puts this in the "insufficient information" category because even the most elementary research has not been done. What we have is some hormonal kids impressing themselves with their ability to spout profanity because they see some lights in the sky.

Now, about that hot tub. Every night I get in it after dark for about half an hour and look up at the stars. There is no time during the night that I CANNOT see something like these lights in the distance. They are ALWAYS in the sky looking exactly like this. It is completely normal in every respect.

And for God's sake get a tripod. The camera work is pathertic.

Airplanes, people. To get excited about this is insane.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
When this is proved to be chinese lanterns, I want stars on every comment I've posted here

Then prove it yourself. Geez...

Believe me mate, if I was in the vicinity I would

For being such a mundane vid, this sure has people in a pickle.
Come on dude, Chinese lanterns??? Cant you come up with something better than that?? How about swamp gas? Birds reflecting light maybe?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

You've really backed up your facts, some still look odd to me but it is a shakey vid. I'd like it to be earth lights or even stranger but I think you got it. Thank-you.

OP, despite what the overly negative have commented, I don't think this was a waste of time at all. A good discussion is taking place as well as some learning. Thank-you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunLife

reply to post by SunLife

Aye I agree again not very smart to use candles in area that could cause fires..maybe it just rained by the looks of the clouds.. ?¿?

From the 12th, 13th & 14th Oroville CA was scheduled for rain. Humidity 100% Wind 32-48 km/h, High 15, low 6.

Oroville, ca weather archives

Not the best time to be letting go of chinese lanterns, yes?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Did you watch the whole video?? One of those is most certainly not an airplane my friend. I work at a large airport and i watch planes in the sky nightly and daily, unfortunately we don't have a hot tub at work though.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
First off, we should not have to be guessing here. We should know their exact location and the exact direction in which their camera is pointing. Exactly. Isn't that very basic research, just a starting point? yet here we are guessing because we don't know. The information is not provided.

Very, very basic. Google Earth the exact location, down to the block level. On Google Earth I can see the hot tub on my deck and the deck chairs nearby. It's that good. Now back up, zoom out. What way was the camera pointing? Is there an airport in that direction? If so, end of story. If not, well, let's try something else. But here we are having to guess. Some of them may be educated guesses, to be sure, but they are still guesses. That puts this in the "insufficient information" category because even the most elementary research has not been done. What we have is some hormonal kids impressing themselves with their ability to spout profanity because they see some lights in the sky.

Now, about that hot tub. Every night I get in it after dark for about half an hour and look up at the stars. There is no time during the night that I CANNOT see something like these lights in the distance. They are ALWAYS in the sky looking exactly like this. It is completely normal in every respect.

And for God's sake get a tripod. The camera work is pathertic.

Airplanes, people. To get excited about this is insane.

Actually, there are two possible locations that give a starting point as mentioned via this thread. Kelly Ridge and the Sierra foothills. We know they are looking south because we can see the sunset to the west. I have already done extensive 'google earthing' to triangulate a position postulated by another member according to his mathematical calculations of air speeds of cessnas. Already waaay ahead of you on this.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by SunLife

From the 12th, 13th & 14th Oroville CA was scheduled for rain.

Not the best time to be letting go of chinese lanterns. The 11th would have been better but, a good idea?

Occurred February 13th 2012, so yes? it just rained..or had been rainning... dont get me wrong here... I believe the Dome of the rock was real. I saw the videos when they first hit, and saw how the videos changed afterwards. I wasnt an ats member then, I should look up an ats post from that but um...again if I hadnt seen the videos on the lanters which I hated to watch like most of you here.. but it is what it is just lights off in the distance..
Them gurls were kewl though..

edit on 21-2-2012 by SunLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by SunLife

Not the best time to be letting go of chinese lanterns. The 11th would have been better but, a good idea?

Occurred February 13th 2012, so yes? it just rained..or had been rainning... dont get me wrong here... I believe the Dome of the rock was real. I saw the videos when they first hit, and saw how the videos changed afterwards. I wasnt an ats member then, I should look up an ats post from that but um...again if I hadnt seen the videos on the lanters which I hated to watch like most of you here.. but it is what it is just lights off in the distance..

That's kind of funny, I was a supporter for the dome of the rock till the bitter end but have changed my standpoint. I advocated that thread like this one too.
Typically, debunking the debunkers happens one debunk at a time. The skeptics standpoint is "prove what it could be" but because the believer's side is diametrically opposite, my mantra is "prove what it's not"

So far two theories are being used, planes and lanterns. Logically, we know lanterns in California during 100% humidity is not likely, Less likely than planes in fact. So what are we left with? Planes. Pending discussion on just that...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero

No, obviously dont accept all videos, but when something is blatantly obvious, and people still try poor attempts at debunking, it's just making them look silly!

Who said the video is showing planes? I certainly didnt, get your facts right! Obviously they are not planes!

I know they are not craft from our planet dude, that is all I'm saying. I have seen similar sightings in the UK, no where near an airport! These are not planes or any craft we have here on Earth.

What is is with you debunkers trying to twist people's words around?
edit on 21-2-2012 by 4hero because: spelling

Can you explain why at 4:40 plus seconds when we get a good chance to see one of the objects THEY have deliberately edited the video with a crazy effect and sound

MAY BE TO HIDE THE FACT ITS PLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It happens a few times.It's not editing but some kind of malfunction. TIt's only a minute or so out of 19 where it does that. It isn't logical to edit uninteresting points vs the good stuff.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by SunLife

That's kind of funny, I was a supporter for the dome of the rock till the bitter end but have changed my standpoint. I advocated that thread like this one too.
Typically, debunking the debunkers happens one debunk at a time. The skeptics standpoint is "prove what it could be" but because the believer's side is diametrically opposite, my mantra is "prove what it's not"

So far two theories are being used, planes and lanterns. Logically, we know lanterns in California during 100% humidity is not likely, Less likely than planes in fact. So what are we left with? Planes. Pending discussion on just that...

depends on which side of the weather front the lanterns went up .. to me the very thing that held me into the video was the fact they had a hard time lifting up. low pressure decending air, back side of the front, lifting air/ drier air.
Planes use 6500K lights and higher and youd be able to see it better.. except the flashing lights.. ( an educated guess) Im no ploit, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Once...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

It happens a few times.It's not editing but some kind of malfunction. TIt's only a minute or so out of 19 where it does that. It isn't logical to edit uninteresting points vs the good stuff.

Strange how it happens EXACTLY when you get a chance to see something dont you think!!!

They need to post the exact position they filmed from and in what direction to prove its not the AIRPORT nearby and planes!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by SunLife

I'm sticking with airplanes, but I would really like to get ahold of 'iblossomful', which seems to be the youtube user who posted the original and get the exact location of where the video was taken before I can say with 100% certainty that it was aircraft (manmade).
As for the weather date, if you read the METAR reports for what I am assuming is around the time of the video since the sun was setting, winds were calm with 10+ SM visibility and the cieling was broken at around 9000 ft which seems to all match with the video (oh and it wasn't 100 percent humidity). And I noticed there was a tower of some sort visible near the objects, I looked at some approach plates for Oroville Municipal, and there are a couple of obstructions on the plates that could be the tower (anyone else think so)?
Couldn't pull up the sectional chart, runwayfinder isn't working for me for some reason.
Anyway, just more speculating by me

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLife

Thing is, these lights don't make their appearance rising up out of the tree lines. They just appear there. Not only that, but they appear at opposite sides from east to west as the clip proceeds. A camera pan from left to right while zoomed out would cover miles. It doesn't make sense for lanterns to be let go that way.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by SunLife

Thing is, these lights don't make their appearance rising up out of the tree lines. They just appear there. Not only that, but they appear at opposite sides from east to west as the clip proceeds. A camera pan from left to right while zoomed out would cover miles. It doesn't make sense for lanterns to be let go that way.

aye I agree again, However, back in my day ... if i had this knowledge.. O' the fun! me and my buddies would have had. Ill save you on the details... but yeah .. ring~ ring, hey you have your ready?! Yeah, ok Im releasing mine now, Ill text ya when Its up.. ok!.. so on and so forth.. have a few buddies releasing them and it might raise a few eyes or cameras to the sky.
I not poking fun at you or the OP Im channeling my inner youth~

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLife

No, go ahead and run through scenarios. But you do realize, you're borderline suggesting hoax.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

I saw the tower at 5:26 on the video, if we knew what it was it could confirm the direction and location of the airport.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join