It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Judging by speed, light and size, I think they might be ultra-light planes or motorised hang-gliders ?

But that's only a rough guess.

Whatever it might be though, this is - as another poster pointed out - one of the more enjoyable UFO videos.

ETA: S&F for this one.
edit on 20-2-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

Right... Because hang gliders and RC air planes hover in the air with no movement at all right? What are you? the self appointed guardian of the false debunk/disinformation theories?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by Xoanon

I have seen SOOOOOOOOOOO many of these little tiny-dancing-lights-on-the-horizon videos. They are fake. Please stop

Well one thing is for certain, this video surely isnt fake.

What we are actually seeing n the other hand is not yet determined.

Everything except for the amount of time that the object appears for, leads me t believe that it is nothing more than a helicopter in the distance.

The 18 minute duration of the film and the time of day, if this was filmed in the past few weeks would lead me to believe that it is a news chopper reporting on rush hour traffic. I've seen it myself many times ove and around major highways, bridges and metro areas.
Why would there be 3-4 helicopter in the same area?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Whenever these videos come out or whenever someone makes these videos, is there any further inquiries into the video that can be made to determine the exact location of the camera, the direction in which they were filming, and therefore have enough geographical information to narrow down, where exactly these lights are?

And after you have this information, can someone contact the FAA or local airport authority to see what kind of response they get??

You know, BEFORE people start making wild assumptions that there's a UFO out there.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Alrighty then.

Here is a general view of Oroville so everyone gets their bearings. Oroville is North of Sacramento in this pic and you can see the airport icon in the lower left.

Below is the zoomed in airport and the picture was rotated 180 degrees. Notice north is at the bottom as indicated by the google compass top right.
I've triangulated your approximate position of the kids at 2.4 miles with the yellow lines. The red lines = 6.9 miles outward from the runways. Notice the lake in the center and the fields throughout. Not the terrain the film shows. They are in a residential area.

Now here I've rotated it back to we can see the eight counties that make up the foothills. The airport is north of there. Which would contradict the sunset. Without knowing exactly where they are, so far the evidence tends to suggest that the airport is behind them. I can dig into the triangulation photo and try to see what's there regarding vantage points but I don't think they're anywhere near there.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When this is proved to be chinese lanterns, I want stars on every comment I've posted here

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

The deskperts as you so eloquently put it, have at least shown something to back the claims of hoax up. All you have done is rely on a youtube video, which other posters have shown that there are red flags in terms of credibility.

Please do reread my comments. I never once said I 'relied' on anything. I simply offered that we should perhaps reserve full judgment based on the inarguable truth that we don't have the means to know for sure about 99.9% of that material.

Just because I don't immediately call something a hoax, doesn't mean I buy it hook, line and sinker. Life and thought go far deeper than a babbling brook of You Tube videos... and that depth also goes both ways, if we take the time to examine it.

This hearkens back to the old axiom about judging a book by its cover. Just because one video may have been a hoax, doesn't make them all hoaxes and just because one book may have been a waste of time, doesn't make the whole library that way.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Certainly looks like UFOs to me. Unidentified Flying Objects that is.

That's the part that, in my experience, seems to be left out of many of the discussions on these types of videos. The fact is that we have a clip that shows some unidentifiable lights in the distance which (as is usually the case with UFO videos) does not, in and of itself, lead one to any clear conclusions (or any conclusions at all).

Just because there's a you can't prove that a shaky and blurry video of some lights doesn't show extraterrestrial craft, doesn't mean you're providing sufficient evidence to prove that it does. 'Evidence' doesn't always have to lead to a conclusion. Sometimes it's just...inconclusive.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
When this is proved to be chinese lanterns, I want stars on every comment I've posted here

Then prove it yourself. Geez...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
-It cant be a helicopter cause a few of those lights looked like they went into the woods and if a helicopter crashed, that shyt would be all over the news
-it cant be Chinese lanterns because the orbs would stay in a certain place for 2 or more minutes
-no way in hell it was an airplane

To be honest, idk what the hell those orbs we're, and so in my opinion those orbs are unidentified flying object

This isn't the only incident that has happened this year, about 1 and a half month ago orbs showed up in the middle of the sky in brazil (although I doubt this video made in brazil cause the ppl are talking straight up spanish) at night. in the video the smaller orbs started to circle and zigzag in proximity of of few hundred meters around that bigger orb from time to time. And some starts flashing. it's pretty odd

Link:www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Believe me mate, if I was in the vicinity I would

For being such a mundane vid, this sure has people in a pickle.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

right around when the first slo motion happens if you look closely you can see a blinking red light on the underside of the UFO. I think this is consistent with the helicopters that fly by in my town, i live next to a hospital and they don't have the best facilities so there are many flights to San antonio out of the hospital so i've been fooled many times by helicopters thinking they're ufo's an then they turn and the perspective changes and the blinking lights become visible and i get my hopes crushed.(that it's not a ufo)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
reply to post by FlySolo

I suppose one could see it as a solid light slowly climbing up in a strait line and to the right, but I see the lights ascending at an angle and coming towards the camera in the distance, like an airplane would. The speed is steady, too.

It's really after the 3:50 mark. If those are cessnas as you say, that incline is way too steep. It's literally ascending at 120 degrees. And there are two lights prior to going behind the branch, then only one.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Believe me mate, if I was in the vicinity I would

For being such a mundane vid, this sure has people in a pickle.

That's no excuse and just a cop-out.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

WHY the hell does everyone think that chinese lanterns are used in every town for any occasion? it really irks me how close minded and ridiculous people can be! At the same time it doesn't mean that they're ufo's either but CHINESE LANTERNS? come on! please? Apparently it's a fad nowadays or something but Chinese lanterns all over the world? for every video that's ever come out!? sure it may be a few times that they were right about the lanterns but using that excuse for EVERY FREAKIN video? how can you not read what you are typing and think that it's a stretch? OH and they don't rise and fall, they don't turn, those stupid lanterns just float aimlessly. It may not be a ufo but THIS IS NOT lanterns! please deny ignorance!!! i know they're are many hipster morons that would be like "oh how quaint let's use chinese lanterns" especially in california but again COME ON! why would there only be three? or four? the point of those lanterns it to light up the sky with many! use your critical thinking.

Rant over.....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoRobinHood

chinese lanterns are the new generation "sad excuses" replacing weather balloons of the 50's. we'll have to bare with them until they come up with a higher version of baloney.
edit on 21-2-2012 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'm glad SOMEONE feels the same way and sees it for what it is.....some moron's dumb excuse that insults everyone's intelligence. In some people's defence i know that there are those who say it SARCASTICALLY.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

the next excuse will probably be something like" Oh that's just the new iphone projecting a hologram of a ufo in the sky!"

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Ok I found the video very interesting also. Now I could be wrong, but it seems that the lights were all going down, and none went up. As much as I want to believe this is an alien UFO, I can't help but think lanterns.

I am in this camp, even though I wanta believe, but it seems to me, the lights all come from the ground and moved mostly to the right( wind currents ). It got brighter when either the then low thin clouds werent blocking or as the lanterns burned up. ( guessing )

The timming of darkness also make me believe Lanters; when considering the light got brighter as became night.

I did enjoy the excitement of the voices. ( a lil'dabwilldoya )√420

edit on 21-2-2012 by SunLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunLife

Ok I found the video very interesting also. Now I could be wrong, but it seems that the lights were all going down, and none went up. As much as I want to believe this is an alien UFO, I can't help but think lanterns.

I am in this camp, even though I wanta believe, but it seems to me, the lights all come from the ground and moved mostly to the right( wind currents ). It got brighter when either the then low thin clouds werent blocking or as the lanterns burned up. ( guessing )

The timming of darkness also make me believe Lanters when concidering the light got brighter.

Many times in the clip they said the lights can't be seen with the naked eye. Only when viewing in the camera. Not to mention, at the 13 min mark they meet up with each other from travelling from two opposite directions. Not conducive with wind patterns
edit on 21-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunLife

The timming of darkness also make me believe Lanters when concidering the light got brighter.

Many times in the clip they said the lights can't be seen with the naked eye. Only when viewing in the camera.

aye, I agree.. I watched the whole thing. Candle light isnt that bright. However if it was a 100w bulb they would be able to see with out the camera, look at the fixed lights in the back fround. Most of the fixed lights are around the 2700K range. ( guessing ) Thats how they are around where i live.
I like for it to be real but after seeing the Lantern videos I have to side with that...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join