It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Dragonrider some one had been in your house?

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Damn, you guys are faster on this thread, and IM the geologist!!!!

I guess I trained you all well, huh?
(jk)

IRIS shows six (6) quakes active over the past 24 hours.

Mag 4.3 in Mongolia

Mag 4.7 in Hokkaido Japan

Mag 4.7 in Bonnin Island

Mag 4.7 in Volcano Islands

Mag 5.5 in Timor Region, Indonesia

Mag 4.2 off the coast of Oaxaca, Mexico

www.iris.edu...

USGS is showing not a hell of a lot... very strange...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

HAARP is overall kind of quiet, although I notice that transmissions directed northward are starting to climb, which is unusual for it to climb in just one direction.

As for the seismic activity, anyone notice that I was fairly accurate with my prediction of significant seismic action after the high HAARP emmissions a few days ago? Anyone else see this trend???

X Class flare in progress, but no geomagnetic storm... I am wondering if they are using flare events to mask transmissions from HAARP or other scalar facilities?

www.n3kl.org...

AURORA WATCH: Sky watchers should be alert for auroras (gallery) after local nightfall. The best observing sites will be at high latitudes--e.g., southern parts of New Zealand and Australia, Canada, and northern US states like Minnesota and Washington. NOAA forecasters estimate a daily 5% chance of severe geomagnetic storms at middle-latitudes between now and June 14th.

Solar activity remains high. Giant sunspot 375 has unleashed a series of strong solar flares including three X-class explosions--one on June 9th (2135 UT) and two more on June 11th (0000 UT and 2015 UT). Several coronal mass ejections (CMEs) have billowed away from the sun. Although none were squarely Earth-directed, some of the CMEs might reach our planet as early as June 11th.

BLACKOUT: Radio astronomer Dick Flagg was monitoring the shortwave band on June 11th when the day's second X-class flare occurred. He recorded this solar radio burst followed by a terrestrial radio blackout:

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ilovepizza,

Yes, I believe someone was in my house... when I came home, my 3 cats were all hiding under the bed and acting freaked out for 4 hours after we got home... they usually only do that when strangers are in the house.

Also, before I left, I turned off all computer components before turning off the bus bar... when I flipped on the bus bar, my monitor turned on...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This one is especailly disturbing...

It looks like the attack of the killer, psycho geologist.

[Edited on 12-6-2003 by tacitblue]

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
12th June 2003 08:59 BOUGAINVILLE REGION, P.N.G. 6.2 M 184.7 (Good)

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I am new to looking at the HAARP data, so I am going to rely on you to correct and educate me on this, but in comparing the HAARP data for 06/11 and the radio blackout graph, I see that the HAARP data appears to have a slight permutation at the same time as the initiate of the radio blackout and then it begins its upward climb. Do you see it this way? Also, what does the upward climb in the HAARP readings mean?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
IRIS shows seven (7) quakes active in the last 24 hours.

Mag 4.4 in the Kuril Islands

Mag 4.4 South of the Mariana Islands (Mariana Trench?)

Mag 5.2 in Mindoro, Phillipine Islands

Mag 4.3 in Taiwan

Mag 4.8 in Minahassa Peninsula, Sulawesi

Mag 6.2 (big one) in the Solomon Islands

Mag 5.2 in Easter Island (very interesting place...)

USGS showing a good bit of activity, mainly centered in the Pacific Rim area.

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

HAARP is relatively quiet now, but back on the 9th, there was a significant (and very unusual) spike in transmission to the North transmission quadrant... Perhaps directed over the pole towards Russia, China, or North Korea?

It is interesting to notice todays seismic activity (about the correct estimated lead time from transmission to activity I might add), in the target areas....

M Class solar flare, but geomag field is quiet. I am also observing that this activity (HAARP) took place immediately before or during an X Class flare... I wonder if they were using the disturbance to mask what they were doing?

www.n3kl.org...

Solar activity remains high. Giant sunspot 375 has unleashed a series of strong solar flares including three X-class explosions--one on June 9th (2135 UT) and two more on June 11th (0000 UT and 2015 UT). Several coronal mass ejections (CMEs) have billowed away from the sun. Although none were squarely Earth-directed, some of the CMEs might reach our planet as early as June 11th.

spaceweather.com...

Hmmm.... Anyone really believe in coincidence????

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's almost like you've never looked at this kind of data... Just go check out USGS's web site and look at how many earthquakes there are on any given day across America... Thousands, upon thousands...

Coincidence? No way. This type of activity is normal... The earth is not a stable place, it is always shifting and moving. I see nothing unusual or amazing about any of this...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It would appear that you havent read this thread through either... Go back to the beginning and track the dates of HAARP emmission compared to significant (not just one or two) seismic events... just about every time, around 72 hours after transmission, you get SIGNIFICANT seismic activity...

I am WELL aware that there is seismic activity on a daily basis... but isnt it awful strange that it follows HAARP soooo closely?

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
D.R. as a geologist can you say that the number of earthquakes that have occured since the implimintation of HARP (don't know when that was) has increased as opposed to any recoeds from before that time.

Also.. what about records from a time when solar activity was at a high level. Just wondering if this is indeed abnormal.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   

the dates of HAARP emmission compared to significant (not just one or two) seismic events...

Actually this is something that I learned in Geology 101 a few years ago. Nobody can really explain why yet - although there are quite a few theories - but it is something that has been discussed (at least in my Geology class). Volcanism is also appears to be related to sun flares in a similar way.

I'm not saying that a pole shift isn't possible but I just wouldn't be too worried yet. If you look at the magnetic history preserved in ocean basalts and Magnatite you'll find that earth is over due for a pole shift by a few thousand years. I don't remember what the average time interval is between switches but there have been thousands throughout geologic history.

[Edited on 13-6-2003 by tacitblue]

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Actually this is something that I learned in Geology 101 a few years ago. Nobody can really explain why yet - although there are quite a few theories - but it is something that has been discussed (at least in my Geology class). Volcanism is also appears to be related to sun flares in a similar way. Posted by Tacitblue

There is actually a good deal of information regarding HAARP effects on seismology, although no "official" recognition of it has yet surfaced (I promise you'll never see it in your university geo dept)

Essentially, HAARP transmits ELF/ULF frequencies, which are able to penetrate the ground, and can be tuned to set up a "standing" or "reinforcing" wave structure, continually rebounding within the mantel. A huge energy output is not needed to do this, as each pass is reinforced by another transmission. Eventually, enough energy is amassed in this wavestructure to exceed the structural integrity of the targetted rock units, causing fracture, and if focused in a seismic zone known to contain significant seismic stress, it can easily trigger an earthquake.

I seriously doubt that was taught in Geo 101.

One of the more covert of HAARP's seemingly countless agendas is that HAARP transmissions can be used for detecting and monitoring electromagnetic or plasma phenomena which are precursors of seismic activity and tectonic movement; indications are that HAARP transmissions can be (and conceivably ARE BEING) used to activate or TRIGGER exactly these same electromagnetic conditions which can cause tectonic movement-- in other words, HAARP potentially has the ability to cause EARTHQUAKES!

Certainly such a capability is equally as disturbing as nearly everything else about HAARP, and judging by how other of the technology's capabilities have been applied, it will also likely ' be applied in a similarly malevolent manner. I don't really even ' want to follow that line of thinking too far, but the implications are clear--and very frightening. Think we have a problem here? Well, I sure do.

www.crystalinks.com...

In an Arctic compound 450 kilometres east of Anchorage, Alaska, the Pentagon has erected a powerful transmitter designed to beam more than a gigawatt of energy into the upper reaches of the atmosphere. Known as Project HAARP (High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program), the $30 million experiment involves the world's largest "ionospheric heater," a prototype device designed to zap the skies hundreds of kilometres above the earth with high-frequency radio waves.

Why irradiate the charged particles of the ionosphere (which when energised by natural processes make up the lovely and famous phenomenon known as the Northern Lights)? According to the US Navy and Air Force, co-sponsors of the project, "to observe the complex natural variations of Alaska's ionosphere." As well, admit the Pentagon, to develop new forms of communications and surveillance technologies to enable the military to send signals to nuclear submarines and to peer deep underground.

Ever since the existence of HAARP became public, a number of independent researchers have warned the operation has a secret agenda including weather modification, mind control, hi-tech military experiments, and the triggering of earthquakes. Alarmingly, HAARP technology appears well suited to enforce a host of the oppressive goals and agendas of the New World Order.

HAARP transmissions may also be used for the detection and monitoring of electromagnetic or "plasma" phenomena, precursors of seismic activity and tectonic movement. Researchers believe HAARP transmissions are actually being used to activate or trigger exactly the same electromagnetic conditions that can cause tectonic movement.

Jerry Smith in his book HAARP: The Ultimate Weapon of the Conspiracy, warns many atmospheric scientists working on the secretive military project might be unaware of HAARP's grave potential to wreak havoc on the earth. He writes:

If HAARP is a TMT [Tesla Magnifying Transmitter], and these researchers correctly understand Tesla's work, we could be in a lot of trouble. It is quite possible that the scientists working on HAARP do not know that they are playing with. Beyond that their ignorance might be compounded if HAARP is indeed a secretive black-ops military project. The military has devised a way of keeping secrets called 'compartmentalisation' where each unit knows only what it needs to know. Only the control group knows what's going on. If there is a control group familiar with TMTs directing the actions of scientists unschooled in Tesla technology, those lower level operatives could be directed to wreak havoc with created weather or manufactured earthquakes..

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm with DR on this one.
If you read the thread from the beginning, it does show a surprising correllation between HAARP and significant seismic activity.
Granted, we're not talking years of data to work with here, but DR and a few more of us here have been keeping an eye on this for a bit, and it's enough to make someone wonder.

Could just be coincidental, sure. I'm inclined to keep looking at HAARP and IRIS, though, cuz I'm not convinced it's coincidental yet.

-B.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I seriously doubt that was taught in Geo 101.

Right... And you can say I didn't learn this in Geology 101 because? Oh, that's right... You were there... I forgot.

Perhaps the word "taught" is incorrect... Perhaps I should have used the word "discussed" instead? Regardless it was a topic that we did go over - given no information was in the text book. It was all direct from the professor during lecture. There were, however, some papers written about it that I did read for the class.

I don't dispute anything you said because that is pretty much what we talked about.

In my original post I was not disputing anything, I just didn't find it that amazing.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Volcanism is also appears to be related to sun flares in a similar way. Posted by TacitBlue

Oh yes, the solar flare/seismic theory. In this theory, solar flares, or Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) are ejected out of the photosphere, and impact the earths magnetic field. Supposedly this influences the geomagnetic field of the planet in some way, effecting a geomagnetic "drag" on the field rotation, which is then translated into kinetic energy in the upper mantel, which is then expressed as earthquakes.

This model has an accuracy of about 40% or so, which is less than the accuracy of the orbital gravitational vectoring quake model (up to 60% accuracy), and that model is not widely accepted either.

As far as HAARP goes, I have posted SEVERAL pages on this board regarding an OBVIOUS correlation between HAARP transmissions and subsequent seismic activity (all around 72 hours after significant transmission, resulting in a quake "cluster" of 4 or more quakes, all mag 4 or better).

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Right... And you can say I didn't learn this in Geology 101 because? Oh, that's right... You were there... Posted by Tacit Blue

Actually, I DID teach GEO 101 (100) for 2 semesters at a community college.

As far as the "pole shift" (need to be specific, do you mean to say the geophysical poles are going to shift???), yes we are overdue for a magnetic pole shift.

But not to worry, it is underway as we speak.

We have already observed a significant drop in the strength of the geomagnetic field in the past 10 years, and the geophsyical location of the mag poles (the pole "wander") has increased dramatically in the past 2 years. Both of these are indicators of an impending magnetic pole reversal.

Dont get excited though... It doesnt happen overnight, and it wont cause the world to end. It will slowly, over the space of a couple hundred years, fade to almost zero, then come back up in the opposite orientation after about the same amount of time.

You'll be long dead before it decreases even 50% strength.

And, also, dont think it will cause the end of the world due to increased solar radiation. It has indeed happened 1000s of times in the past, but it is NOT correlatable to any mass extinction events.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What's your point? I didn't think I disagreed with you anywhere... Yet you seem to be trying to debate some "point" I made. Which is hard considering I see the same thing you do...

I'm well aware of Geologic theory. I'm probubly going to minor in it because it's interesting and I'm a geek.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A magnitude 5.5 earthquake IN IRIAN JAYA, INDONESIA has occurred at:
3.23S 140.86E Depth 33km Fri Jun 13 10:32:59 2003 UTC

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
4.2 mag in ...
Southern Quebec?

Well there's something you don't see every day.

www.iris.edu...

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is very unusual, but it does happen. I was in New England in 1990, and sat through a mag 3.8, which was my first and only direct seismic experience. (It felt like an eighteen wheeler going past you on a rickety bridge, although I was in a house with no traffic outside)

Most of the North East of CONUS is granitic shield rock, although it is heavily fractured in many places. If it were not fractured, it could easily contain the strain accumulated without releasing quakes. However, because it is heavily fractured, whenever it accumulates a small amount of strain it will quake.

Fortunately, that area is on the spread side of the continental plate, and therefore is not subject to the kind of strain that the west coast is, therefore, quakes are few and far between.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join