It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The only recent (within 24 hours) quake of decent size is the 4.4 mag reported in South Dakota, which is highly unusual in itself.

According to the USGS, the rest of the planet is rather seismically peaceful

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

We are in the midst of an M Class Solar Flare, inciting a geomagnetic storm (whoops, just down graded)

www.maj.com...

No major HAARP activity today, although there was 24 hours ago... strange that HAARP coincides with the geomag storms...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A magnitude 6.9 earthquake NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN has occurred at:
38.93N 141.51E Depth 53km Mon May 26 09:24:31 2003 UTC

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
A 4.4 mag in South Dakota (which is generally regarded as being a rather seismically stable area).... very unusual...

Aegis Fang, did you feel anything???

the local news has 0 info on this. the info available says it was located around batesville, sd which i've never heard of. most likely it is out west river and close to the nebraska border. seems like we have 1 or 2 earthquakes here every year. i've never felt one, what does a 4.4 magnitude quake feel like? if it's like f 16's flying overhead (which they do everyday with the air guard base just 5 miles away) i doubt i'll ever really know. i'll keep my eyes peeled for info on this.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Damn, you sleep in on a holiday and end up behind on all the news...

IRIS indicates a 6.9 at Honshu Japan (big one)... I only pray there is no loss of life there...

www.iris.edu...

M Class solar flare, with geomagnetic field "unsettled" (it was briefly classed as a storm last night)

www.maj.com...

HAARP is relatively mild today, but scroll back 24-36 hours, which is about the average lead time for affects to take place...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nearly 100 injured as quake measuring 7.0 hits northern Japan

Nearly 100 people were injured when a powerful earthquake measuring 7.0 on the Richter scale rocked northern Japan, causing major disruption and tremors hundreds of miles away in Tokyo.

The Kyodo news agency reported 98 people injured -- two seriously -- in what the Meteorological Agency said was the strongest earthquake to hit Japan and its surrounding area since March last year, when a 7.2 quake struck under the sea between Taiwan and the southern tip of the Okinawa island chain.

"The impact would have been much larger if its focus was not so deep," Noritake Nishibe, the head of the agency's earthquake monitoring section, told AFP.

sg.news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A magnitude 7.0 earthquake IN HALMAHERA, INDONESIA has occurred at:
2.44N 128.76E Depth 33km Mon May 26 19:23:28 2003 UTC

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Something definantly odd is going on....

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
3 pretty damn big quakes along the pacific rim in the past 24 hours...

www.iris.edu...

www.iris.edu...

Look at the double readings (have never seen it do that before!) Very high activity world wide today....

(I believe I did mention this possibility about 48 hours ago in relation to HAARP transmissions)

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Currently an M Class Flare

www.maj.com...

Coronal Hole now up to 5 times earth diameter, releasing earth directed solar wind... auroras expected to be visible.

spaceweather.com...

New Madrid still quiet... for now...

www.eas.slu.edu...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A magnitude 6.8 earthquake IN MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES has occurred at:
6.80N 123.75E Depth 560km Mon May 26 23:13:29 2003 UTC

A magnitude 5.7 earthquake IN SAN JUAN PROVINCE, ARGENTINA has occurred at:
31.23S 68.21W Depth 118km Tue May 27 08:29:45 2003 UTC

A magnitude 5.8 earthquake IN THE OWEN FRACTURE ZONE REGION has occurred at:
14.56N 53.85E Depth 10km Sat May 24 01:46:06 2003 UTC

A magnitude 5.8 earthquake IN NORTHERN ALGERIA has occurred at:
36.87N 3.70E Depth 10km Tue May 27 17:11:29 2003 UTC

www.iris.edu...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The 4.9 in the North Pacific Ocean is rather unusual... its in middle of the Pacific Plate and has no known seismic zones near it...

A lot of early activity today, mainly in China/Russia, with a bit in Australia...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

M class Flare still in progress (strange that there isnt a geomagnetic storm going...)

www.maj.com...

Two comets (sungrazers) were vaporized in the sun today... wonder if that is having an effect on the coronal hole???

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

OK, this is VERY strange, only the 2nd time Ive seen this... a 5 hour hole in HAARP magnetometer readings... Wonder if they are trying to hide something???

I notice that even though we are in the midst of an M Class Flare, the geomagnetic field is fairly stable, although when there is NO flare (which normally incites a geomag storm), we get a geomag storm, coincident with high output HAARP events....

And HAARP has been rather quiet these past few days...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
3 Major Earthquakes in a Single Day
26-May-2003

Three earthquakes of significant intensity struck Monday in various parts of Asia. While it is not unknown for quakes to occur in clusters, especially along a single fault line, these quakes are spread across a wide geologic area. While all took place in the Pacific "Ring of Fire," they were triggered in widely separated geologic zones.
The first struck at 09:24:31 Greenwich Mean Time near the coast of Honshu, Japan. This quake measured 6.9 on the Richter scale.

The second hit Halamahera, Indonesia at 19:23:28 GMT, and was measured at 7.0 on the Richter scale.

www.unknowncountry.com...

Readers please note: As of 5/27/03, the Mindanao earthquake had not been reported by the US Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program. Their failure to post this quake is unusual. However, it was noted by Seismo-Watch and other international earthquake resources at the time that it happened. We trust that USGS will post this quake to their website, with the correct date and time of event.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Unusual Earthquake Activity Today

We are taking the step of sending out this special notice because there is an unusual earthquake situation taking place today. Three major earthquakes have struck widely separated areas of the Pacific basin, all within a few hours of each other. The three quakes took place in unconnected fault zones, but all were in the Pacific "Ring of Fire." The most recent quake struck Mindanao in the Philippines just a few hours ago, and so far there are no damage reports.

Earthquake clusters are not unknown, but for three very powerful quakes to take place over a wide area in such a concentrated time period is rare. So far, the general media are not reporting this story, but the quakes have been confirmed by Seismo-Watch, an international earthquake monitoring system..

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I just realized this...

If you check HAARP magnetometer

You see a 5 hour gap in coverage today, and a smaller 1 hour gap just about 2 hours ago.

Now check this out...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

at about 18:00 GMT, there is a fairly wide spread spurt of activity, which is slam in middle of that break in coverage... I wonder if that was a quick "jolt" from HAARP that they didnt want anyone seeing???

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
hello guys
isn't this the weekend the russians are launching a mock nuclear attack against the U.S. That would explain the government using HARP and every other high tech weapon in there possesion
doesn't explain the earthquakes however

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That would explain the government using HARP and every other high tech weapon in there possesion Posted by Tutankamen

Seismic activity is regularly associated with HAARP activity, both as direct and indirect effects. There is usually a lag effect of between 48-72 hours after HAARP transmission before seismic activity is noticed.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I wonder if that was a quick "jolt" from HAARP that they didnt want anyone seeing???

Why would they block something like that out? How far of the charts do you think it could have gone and what type of emission, if any, does haarp produce?

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Only three major earthquakes today...

A magnitude 5.9 earthquake IN THE MAURITIUS - REUNION REGION has occurred at:
17.80S 65.55E Depth 10km Wed May 28 16:15:16 2003 UTC

A magnitude 6.1 earthquake IN THE MAURITIUS - REUNION REGION has occurred at:
17.81S 65.54E Depth 10km Wed May 28 16:15:16 2003 UTC

A magnitude 5.8 earthquake IN MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES has occurred at:
6.81N 123.79E Depth 562km Mon May 26 23:26:30 2003 UTC

www.iris.edu...

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29

I wonder if that was a quick "jolt" from HAARP that they didnt want anyone seeing???

Why would they block something like that out? How far of the charts do you think it could have gone and what type of emission, if any, does haarp produce?

HAARP transmitts in the ULF/ELF frequency spectrum (ultra low frequency/extremely low frequency) between 1 and 30 cycles. These are considered "ground wave" transmissions that are capable of penetrating great depths of the earths surface. (Interestingly, these are also the frequencies that the human brain is capable of recieving)

As far back as the 1880s, Nikola Tesla experimented with ELF/ULF transmissions, and found he was able to establish a standing wave in the earths interior, and even with only moderate energy input (several kilowatts) was able to constantly reinforce the standing wave, continually amplifying it on each pass until it was able to influence seismic weak points.

Today, the currently published maximum transmission strength of HAARP in Gakona is around 300-500 megawatts from a 33 acre transmission area. Recently released information on an expansion project indicate that HAARP will be increased to 50 acres transmission area, and upwards of 1.75 gigawatts output, although independant HAM monitors have monitored a max output from HAARP of 3.5 gigawatts already (before the expansion).

The HAARP facility in Montauk Point was the test bed for this technology, and is currently inactive, although I understand that it can be reactivated if need arises, although this facility is of much lower output potential than Gakona.

The HAARP facility at Fort Mead Md, attached to the NSA/NRO headquarters is integrated to the ULF communication system there. System parameters for this facility are not public, but estimated to be equivalent to Gakona, although less active due to proximity to populated areas.

The new facility currently under construction in Colorado is rumored to be at least 100 acres broadcast area, with a max output of 10 gigawatts. This facility is apparently being constructed underground, possibly in an abandoned mine.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
USGS Fails to Report Major Earthquake
28-May-2003

Three major earthquakes struck in a single day on Monday, May 23. While one or two such quakes in a single day is not an unsual event, this level of seismic activity is relatively rare and certainly worth reporting.
However, the the USGS failed to record, or chose not to report, one of these quakes. It was recorded near Mindanao at 23:13:29 GMT.

We have confirmed with news media in the Philippines that the quake did occur, and have found a single record of it, at the University of Washington's Earthquake Watch. To see this record, click here.

Is this merely an error, or censorship of event because it was unusual? In either case, USGS would appear to be obligated under its rules to correct this error and post this quake.

The other quakes recorded on the 23rd were reported normally on their website by USGS. To see their record, click here.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join