It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

97% of Terminal Cancer Patients Previously Had This Dental Procedure...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

dental surgeon he was and good at his job he operated to ease pain and found something ive spent a lot of time looking this stuff up

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
In the past i have literally gone through hell with my teeth and i have gone to over 3 different oral surgeons through the years and everyone of them told me not to ever get a root canal,that dentists talk you into thinking that you need one,just so they can get more money out of either you or you insurance company and all the while they know that 90% of the time that root canaled tooth is going to end up falling out anyways and then they'll get even more money out of it.I have never got a root canal and i never will either and this cancer connection is just frightening and a little bizarre...
edit on 18-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am 40, I had a root canal and cap when I was 11, and it is still there. Never fell out. Good dentist. On the other hand I had one done that was too tight, 4 months after it was done, it was infected inside and now needs to be redone. Insurance will not cover it twice, I can not afford it, so now after I spent all that money, I have to pull it anyway.

I have needed one on the other side for there months now with a nerve exposed. I want to pull it, but then I will no longer be able to chew on that side as there is no corresponding molar on the bottom.

I have bad teeth because my mother used tetracycline when she was pregnant with me , in a time before they knew any better. My first teeth, were soft and had NO enamel and had to be pulled. Fun being a kid with no teeth. Does not pass the playground. ... ANYWAY... my adult teeth have week enamel. They rot from the inside out .

I am an avid cleaner of my teeth. I brush three times a day. Floss every night. Use Listerine. Does not matter, they all are bad. I get accused of poor oral care, and get treated bad for it , and it sucks. I have really bad
heart problems, and I do believe there is a link.

When I have had a bad tooth pulled, I have noticed my health improve. Bacteria from bad teeth and gums, and yes, dead teeth, get into your blood stream, weaken your immune system, and can cause heart problems.
There is a reason if you have cardiac issues a dentist will have you take a pre anti biotic
edit on 18-2-2012 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
In a biography of Virgina Woolf, her doctor pulled some of her teeth because she was staying sick so much.
In a letter to a friend she said she had "pneumonia germs" in the roots of her teeth so the doctor pulled them.

Bacteria actually can breed in the teeth and be absorbed into one's system. Sometimes they give you antibiotics before you have the roots of your teeth cleaned, to deal with some of the bacteria released during the procedure. This is especially done to people who have mitral valve prolapse, otherwise, a surge of bacteria can make them have a heart attack. So not only is keeping your teeth cleaned a way to conserve your teeth, it's also helpful in maintaining your health in general.

And remember.......they give dogs antibiotics before their teeth are cleaned, otherwise they can die.

So yeah. This is not all nonsense.

edit on 2/18/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
LoL REALLY!??? So you are basically saying 97% of people with terminal cancer went to the dentist at some point in their life. Where is the common sense & logic in that article? Where is your common sense to even post that here?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
no common sense in that article. true if you don't take care of your gums and get periodontal disease, the bacteria can travel and you can get really sick.

Did anyone see the article about the dentist trying to save money so he used parts of paper clips when he did root canals?

i have fillings, rootcanals and crowns. Mr research, on the other hand, has never had a SINGLE CAVITY his entire life..

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Dental filling is a common procedure and you're making a correlation-causation fallacy here. There are lots of things like this that most human beings have in common. You may as well claim that having ten fingers or brushing your teeth cause cancer as well. We're dealing with a medical procedure that is simply too common to make a correlation or ascribe causation.

Plus what about those who die of lung cancer, or cancer that isn't related to the mouth, how could lung cancer be caused by dental fillings? And what of those who get fillings as children, live to a good age and only when older get cancer and die?
edit on 18-2-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
LoL REALLY!??? So you are basically saying 97% of people with terminal cancer went to the dentist at some point in their life. Where is the common sense & logic in that article? Where is your common sense to even post that here?
The op is saying that 97 percent of terminal cancer patients had root canals,not 97% of people who went to the dentist...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Besides what i mentioned a couple of posts earlier,theres another "thing" that everyone of these 97% of people have in common,another "procedure" they all had to have...X-Rays...Hmmmm?...If theres a cancer connection,thats probably it...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

This a bit like saying 100% of people who are devorced were married.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
oh yea well,.. 100% of terminal cancer patients inhaled oxygen and carbon dioxide their entire life!!
Causation = correlation!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
97% of ppl had root canals...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

This a bit like saying 100% of people who are devorced were married.

Not really,when your married your married,either you are or your not...

But when you go to the dentist theres dozens of different "procedures" that they perform on peoples teeth and mouths,root canals are just one of them...

Ever try going to a hospital emergency room with an abcessed tooth?

With half your face swollen?

Crying out in mortal agony?

The hospital will hardly do anything at all for you...

They'll ask you if you've gone to the dentist yet about this problem?

Then they'll automatically suspect that your there just to get a hold of some pain killers...

Then they'll give you a prescription for penicillin...

And tell you to take some "useless" asprin...

The hospitals must have some kind of financial deal worked out with the dentists...

Because the hospitals "will not" infringe upon the dentists big business...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I'm really laughing now that I've read this. It's especially funny when it is now known the dangers of fluoride, and considering the fact that I haven't brushed my teeth since I was 11, and guess what! Never had a cavity in my life. I know some people who also swear by just using baking soda and water to brush with and they have good results too. Plainly put: stay away from fluoride and any of its iterations. Having read this, though, I've gotta say that if I ever do develop any serious cavities, I will ask the dentist to just pull the tooth. There's a reason why they amputate gangrenous limbs, so why would you let dead tissue sit in your mouth?
edit on 18/2/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

WOW! Stank breath!

Honestly, I brush once per day, no floss, takes about 60 seconds or less, just to get the grime off in the morning before breakfast, and I've never had a cavity in my life either.

Up until a few years ago it was always city water, with fluoride, but now we are on well-water luckily. There are PLENTY of studies to show that fluoride in the water does nothing to help your teeth and it can be harmful to the body. Fluoride gel or paste applied directly to the teeth and then discarded is helpful, but drinking it is worthless.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

lol It helps that I have a seriously unhealthy addiction to gum lol. My whole family calls me "Minty" because the whole house reeks of mint whenever I'm around lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Nearly 100% of people that died in auto accidents were wearing clothes. Therefore, if you don't want to die in an auto accident, drive around nude.
Correlations such as the one in the OP are utter nonsense. You can chose just about any two parameters that you wish, and then draw a causality conclusion. It is junk science, and junk mathematics.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Nearly 100% of people that died in auto accidents were wearing clothes. Therefore, if you don't want to die in an auto accident, drive around nude.
Correlations such as the one in the OP are utter nonsense. You can chose just about any two parameters that you wish, and then draw a causality conclusion. It is junk science, and junk mathematics.
Sorry but theres a world of difference between wearing clothes in a car,which 99.999999999 percent of people do and getting root canals,something that not everyone gets by having high speed stainless steel drill bits bore into your mouth and hollow out your tooth,then destroy its nerves while penatrating deep inside your gums...

Why You Should Avoid Root Canals Like the Plague > www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I recall a Teacher I worked with - very fit and very health conscious. He was ill and suddenly off work for awhile - when he returned - the first thing he said was do not have root therapy at the dentist. This happened about six years ago.

He got ill - headaches and some type of virus thingy in his head - thought it was bad strain of flu. He described the symptoms and he was in agony and very ill for seversl weeks. All he did was attend his dentist who performed a root canal therapy.

When the doctors had investigated his symptoms and worked backwards through the very healthy lifestyle of my work colleague - an infection had made its way from the root canal into his brain!

Personally I have a mouth of fillings but no root canal and would not want to go that far as I feel the high cost of root canal therapy is to make money - it is not about saving teeth. I am cool - I don't want falsies but if that is the way it goes - I would much rather pull my teeth and get dentures.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Look, believe what you wish. Rather than get into the mud with what complete quackery holistic dentistry is, I tried to make light of it, but my analogy stands. Holistic hustlers like Rockwell make money by giving people hope that their way will cure them, save them, and avoid pain and suffering. So you say, what is the harm in the holistic approach?
How about this:

368,379 people killed, 306,096 injured and over $2,815,931,000 in economic damages

whatstheharm.net...

The only thing that holistic medicine does is enrich the coffers of the holistic practitioners, while emptying the bank accounts of their victims, and inevitably shortening their lives.

Caution to those that wish to believe this nonsense. Get a second opinion, before you put your trust in these modern-day snake oil salesmen. Your loved ones may give thanks that you did.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join