It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US officials believe Iran sanctions will fail, making military action likely

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Of course Iran is giving
the middle finger to the sanctions.
If they would simply stop their
nuclear programs there would
be no problem. Letting them
have nuclear weapons is akin
to giving a 3 year old a loaded gun.
edit on 17-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Have you ever been to Iran, or spoke to an Iranian? I have not either but likening them to 3 year olds based on the propaganda of the Western media is a bit of an insult, considering the US and UK are usually the first to spit their dummy(pacifier) out. Sure I would rather that Iran do not end up with nuclear weapons but they do deserve the same right to nuclear tech that the rest of the world has.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

But in todays world, when a dictator vows to wipe a country off the face of the earth, you can't blame other countries not wanting said dictator to develop a nuke.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by OwenGP185

But in todays world, when a dictator vows to wipe a country off the face of the earth, you can't blame other countries not wanting said dictator to develop a nuke.

Fair point and I do not want them to have a nuke either. I just think it is important for people to remember which country first used a nuclear weapon to wipe out a city of civilians because I am sure it was not Iran. So when us Westerners say how evil and crazy they are because of verbal threats, we should first look at what we have done to that region and the rest of the world. The US and EU are probably dropping a bomb somewhere in the US this very second so I cannot speak against their leaders any more than my own.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

The sanctions are not working because they infringe on economic/energy interests external to Iran that are, oddly enough, symbiotic to the U.S.' welfare and economic recovery. This, in my opinion, is why U.S. policymakers are epressing doubt.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
yaaaawwwnnn ... more american propaganda ... anything to justify invading yet another country and mass murdering the population so that the corrupt bastards in dizzy city can make their blood money and get hard ons over how many more they've butchered ...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just watched the documentary Countdown to Zero on netflix. Very on topic. I suggest anyone with netflix to give it a shot and tell your opinions

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Of course Iran is giving
the middle finger to the sanctions.
If they would simply stop their
nuclear programs there would
be no problem. Letting them
have nuclear weapons is akin
to giving a 3 year old a loaded gun.
edit on 17-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

"giving a three yr old a gun"?????

In your eye's is Iran, really that dumb..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Thing is Iran are bringing this all on themselves. If their leader stopped acting like 2 year old, grew a pair and admitted he's just really stupid I'm sure America, Britain and France would lay off for a while. Whilst Ahmadinejad is dangling the carrot for the option of war due to his and his country's behaviour military action will obviously be more and more likely as time goes on. Iran are not fussed by sanctions. Sanctions don't work.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wonder what the cutting off of oil by iran does for expediting war???

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
cool

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ForgetMe

What was the point of that post??? Cool that we are probably going to war???

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If war with Iran is coming, it might as well be now before Iran has nukes! Let's face it, we will eventually have a war with them because of ISLAM and the way they treat other religions. Here is a good point:

A trial court in Iran has issued its final verdict, ordering a Christian pastor to be put to death for leaving Islam and converting to Christianity, according to sources close to the pastor and his legal team.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Many on here are saying we should stay out of Iran's business but any government that can kill someone because of their faith needs to topple!
Of course a few on here has called me a 'war monger' as I served the USAF as a pilot in 'nam so to those that hasn't had the experience to see how cruel a government can be and continue to apologize to the world my thoughts are moot!
You will learn, eventually!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
War with Iran has been inevitable for years now. Did anybody really expect them to back down? Any actions taken to deter them were just going to make them more determined, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy basically.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join