It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US officials believe Iran sanctions will fail, making military action likely

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

US officials believe Iran sanctions will fail, making military action likely

www.guardian.co.uk

Officials in key parts of the Obama administration are increasingly convinced that sanctions will not deter Tehran from pursuing its nuclear programme, and believe that the US will be left with no option but to launch an attack on Iran or watch Israel do so.

The president has made clear in public, and in private to Israel, that he is determined to give sufficient time for recent measures, such as the financial blockade and the looming European oil embargo, to bite deeper into Iran's already battered economy before retreating from its principal strategy to pressure Tehran.

But there is a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I know there have been a few Iran threads... But this one to me shows the worry our administration is facing. What I don't like is this: IF Iran really does poise a threat to the world and this time a country really will use a nuke, then waiting until "after the elections in November" can't be in play. I don't care what election is coming up or what attacking Iran after 10 years of war will do to ones poll numbers.

IF we need to attack, then we attack. Elections wont matter when we all witness a mushroom cloud in Israel or Washington DC.

Einstein said it best. "World War two ends with a nuclear bomb, world war 3 will begin with one."

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Of course Iran is giving
the middle finger to the sanctions.
If they would simply stop their
nuclear programs there would
be no problem. Letting them
have nuclear weapons is akin
to giving a 3 year old a loaded gun.
edit on 17-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Wow,some pretty tough talk.Everything must almost be in place then.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That pretty much confirms that there will be war.
Israel may not want to wait until after elections
and will strike first - wonder what kind of time
line they have in mind. There will be so much
death and destruction. The probability of
nukes being used is so freightening to me
I don't have a word to describe it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The report indicates the instability of the administration itself.

Recently, we were all lead to believe that sanctions were necessary and that they would work.

Ever since then, we have have heard about all kinds of questions and second guessing including balking from Europe because they need the oil at current prices.
prices that may go up if and when Iran (or somebody) stops oil flow.

Now we hear 180 degree opinions from our own politicians at the same time !

Why make the sanctions in the first place if so many thought they would be ineffective ?

Why not lift the sanctions now if so many are questioning the effects.

Israel is playing the same flip floppie game too, as is Iran itself.

The pattern is the "Leaders" vs. their own underlings.

Makes me wonder who is making the money during all the turmoil.

They may be stalling for time and preparing for a bigger military agenda.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

If anyone from the government is listening.. let Israel do it. I actually don't care that much if they do. I don't think it's right necessarily, but my biggest problem is that WE have no right to do it, maybe Israel does. All that happens if we get involved is our government puts our citizens at risk by making more enemies in the middles east. We have already made way more than we had ten years ago.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I tend to agree... However, if Israel gets involved, they are going to ask for our help. If we dont help them in a battle against Iran, who knows what will happen...

Either way, 2012 is looking really friggen bad. Perhaps the myans had it right lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

I know there have been a few Iran threads... But this one to me shows the worry our administration is facing. What I don't like is this: IF Iran really does poise a threat to the world and this time a country really will use a nuke,

But it's USA that reall used a nuke already, and continues to rain down tons of radiological weapons upon the mideast as it is.

so its the epitome of IRONY that of all countries USA masquerades as good cop

When in fact is it the bad cop - and world class terrorist.

edit on 17-2-2012 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Israel can do it themselves and they even said they wanted to. I actually think if Israel does it they will just bomb all the sites and be done. If the US gets involved it's over kill for sure. Israel said they will hit the targets and if Iran continues they will do it again in a few years.
In my opinion when Israel went for nukes behind Kennedy's back they were saying we don't want to need your help. Now they have 200 nukes and don't need it. So we should leave them to it. They have other ally's Germany is even closer to them than us (not that that means much anymore).
edit on 17-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

And if Iran has already bought a nuke? Then what? Nothing will stop them from using it if Israel uses simple conventional bombing.

Ugh, the more I think about this, the more Im budgeting to prep for the worst.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Israel can do it themselves and they even said they wanted to. .

They never said they want to go into Iran alone; they said they will if they have to.

The way to prevent mass casualties is to intervene in Khamenei's regime now.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well.. Iran doesn't want to be destroyed and I don't think they would EVER use a nuke unless they though their downfall was imminent, but to that I say what is the fuss over their nuclear program if they could just buy a nuke? Actually why would they waste the billions for nuke facilities only to give their singular nuke away to a terrorist group and hope they are competant/don't use it against Iran themselves, if they could just buy it? Why haven't they bought one and used it yet?

It just doesn't add up. It never did.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

That is ridiculous. It wouldn't stop anything. How do you think Iran would even use that one nuke if they had the material to make it? The whole proposition is absurd. Also Benjamin N. did say they would be fine going it alone and laid out how they would do it.

I'm sure they would love to let the US take some of the targets off of their back by joining in, but they said they would be fine going it alone.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Perhaps purchasing a nuke is harder than we thought. And to hide the fact that they have just purchased one, they simply lead us on by saying they are making advances towards developing one themselves. Still developing lets us rest easy another night while they figure out how to use the one they have.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Of course. The propaganda machine and pysops warfair tactics via msm began on the public how many years ago?

One thing is for sure. The information made known to the public is heavily screened and carefully chosen for optimal public approval.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Israel can do it themselves and they even said they wanted to. .

They never said they want to go into Iran alone; they said they will if they have to.

The way to prevent mass casualties is to intervene in Khamenei's regime now.

You have a child's logic. Go to war to prevent casualties. That's honestly quite sick.

Are you Jewish? Just wondering..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

There is no way to use one and get away with it. They aren't going to hand something like that over to a terrorist organization that they know they can't trust (and they do know that) and if they launched it they would be destroyed, they don't want that. Also the isotopes can be traced back to where it was made.

Also it is suspected that NK bought the first nuke they used (it is suspected that it was actually one Israel made in South Africa), so they likely can be bought. It's all just propaganda from one enemy to control another. That is what it is.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by theBigToe

That is ridiculous. It wouldn't stop anything. How do you think Iran would even use that one nuke if they had the material to make it? The whole proposition is absurd. Also Benjamin N. did say they would be fine going it alone and laid out how they would do it.

I'm sure they would love to let the US take some of the targets off of their back by joining in, but they said they would be fine going it alone.

This arguments getting very old. Why do you guys always ask the same questions? Youre going to get the same answers.

There is no threat of mutual extermination when the country thats prepared to use the weapon is utilizing terrorist cells to carry out the attack. Given the past decade long accusations against the U.S./Israeli governments for "perpetrating the 9/11 coup" id say it would be more then simple for Khamenei to supply that weapon to Hezbollah, who will use it against the West, and then let the NWO Zionist conspiracy go to work putting Americans at each others throats. Hes going to try to draw the superpowers into a war.

Iran is a stated enemy of the United States. You do not let your enemies build up an indestructible military force. You stamp that out before it has the opportunity to become a real threat. Everything has been done to avoid a war. It is Khamenei who is the war monger in this, nobody else.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

So its okay for the Jews to be persecuted? Im just wondering by how random this question is?

Will it be worth it to prevents millions of civilian casualties suppressing Khameneis ability to acquire nuclear weapons? This isnt a game. This is reality. Simple numbers. How many do you want dead at the end of it? Casualties will be quite small going in now compared to what they will be after both sides are nuclear. Do you really think Khamenei is going to build nuclear weapons and then stop being our enemy? No.
edit on 17-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join