It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US officials believe Iran sanctions will fail, making military action likely

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Yeah.. except that is a retarded argument when the equipment being used isn't expendable. Sure they will use terrorist cells for suicide bombings and attacks with guns. This is a different story though.

Get your brain off propaganda for a second and use common sense.

They aren't going to give a multi million dollar (multi-billion if it's one of their own) weapon to a terrorist cell. Especially a one of a kind one. That is completely retarded. First they would be entrusting a group that could actually, covertly be against them and have their own agenda that would steal the bomb for their own means OR actually use it on Iran themselves or for leverage of some sort/sell it. Second they would be entrusting a group that may very well be incapable of using the weapon or executing their plan (ie: incompetent). This idea is honestly simple minded. If you believe any of what you are saying than your brain is warped.

Lastly if by some absolute miracle they were complete imbeciles and did give their one of a kind multi million dollar investment/deterrent to some outside third party group there would still be a chance it would be traced back to them. Plus the second they give it away they lose their deterrent. The whole point of a nuclear weapon is to have it to fend off possible attacks, not really to make it and then use it immediately.

Please think it through a little more thoroughly.
edit on 17-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah.. except that is a retarded argument when the equipment being used isn't expendable. Sure they will use terrorist cells for suicide bombings and attacks with guns. This is a different story though.

Get your brain off propaganda for a second and use common sense.

They aren't going to give a multi million dollar weapon to a terrorist cell. Especially a one of a kind one. That is completely retarded. First they would be entrusting a group that could actually, covertly be against them and have their own agenda that would steal the bomb for their own means OR actually use it on Iran themselves or for leverage of some sort/sell it. Second they would be entrusting a group that may very well be incapable of using the weapon or executing their plan (ie: incompetent). This idea is honestly simple minded. If you believe any of what you are saying than your brain is warped.

Lastly if by some absolute miracle they were complete imbeciles and did give their one of a kind multi million dollar investment/deterrent to some outside third party group there would still be a chance it would be traced back to them.

Please think it through a little more thoroughly.

Not even reading your post after the first two sentences.

Not going to talk to somebody who calls people retards and propagandized. Its getting old. Learn to have a civilized conversation and not act like a child.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Haha.. of course you wouldn't read the post that outline how absurd your most core belief is. I didn't call you retarded btw I said the argument was. I guess you could take it that way if the argument is very dear to you though.

Nice deflection though. Good way to not have to answer information that completely demolishes your entire reason for calling for war.
edit on 17-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Whoa lets ring it back a bit guys. Were all on the same side here. And I think thats the side of none of us want a nuke to go off or world war 3 to begin... Lets be civil and start over

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
reply to post by SyphonX

So its okay for the Jews to be persecuted? Im just wondering by how random this question is?

Will it be worth it to prevents millions of civilian casualties suppressing Khameneis ability to acquire nuclear weapons? This isnt a game. This is reality. Simple numbers. How many do you want dead at the end of it? Casualties will be quite small going in now compared to what they will be after both sides are nuclear. Do you really think Khamenei is going to build nuclear weapons and then stop being our enemy? No.
edit on 17-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

Thats neat, because I never mentioned persecuting the Jews... I was drawing a correlation on your mega-aggressive stance on attacking Iran, with you probably being Jewish, because the only people I know that are pro-Iran war are typical religious zealots.

Also, provide proof that Iran is trying to make nuclear weapons. I'll give you all the time in the world to post it, but hearsay and speculation doesn't count.

Your fantasy is not reality. If Iran attempted to use a nuclear weapon, the country would be completely destroyed, immediately. Your theories are not sound, it's just complete nonsense.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Ok.. well if you take out the fact that I called his argument retarded it doesn't change the fact that my post makes absolute sense and stops his idea of them giving a nuke to a third party dead in it's tracks.

It's hard to be civil to someone that is calling for a start to what is potentially world war three and they are doing so out of sheer ignorance of how the world works. And yes it is ignorance, doesn't mean he is an ignorant person it just means he is ignorant of how things like that work.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Not even reading your post after the first two sentences.

Not going to talk to somebody who calls people retards and propagandized. Its getting old. Learn to have a civilized conversation and not act like a child.

Civil discussion with a warmonger can never be civil. Your stance is aggression and murder, when it really comes down to it. You can't be civil with that, so don't even attempt to lay claim to civility here. Go back to the 19th century.
edit on 18-2-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Wait, you dont believe Iran is trying to make a nuke???

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In my opinion there's nobody on the face of this planet that deserves to have nuclear weapons.

A nuclear bomb is quite possibly the worst invention we could have ever created.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

There is no real evidence of it yet. They have only enriched uranium to 20 percent and they are using that in a power plant. It has to be enriched way way higher to be used as a weapon. They aren't even close to having the right stuff to make a nuke yet.

They may be trying to and they may not. It's really hard to know because there is a big push to attack so you can't really trust the media on this (well.. on anything really). They may be trying. I don't know. They definitely aren't a good government, but there are far worse.

Here is the thing.. if you were the head of a country and you knew there were other countries that wanted to take you down and you thought that the only way to deter them was to get a nuke, would you try to get one? It would be nice if we got unbiased news and our government told us whether they were really a threat or not, then we as a people could determine whether or not it was really pertinent to go in, but we don't have that and it shows through in their eagerness. I don't like Iran, but I don't like war even more.
edit on 18-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

No, they are not trying to make a nuke. It would be much easier to retrieve any one of the hundreds (or even thousands) of "missing" nukes from all over the world. Much easier..

They don't even have a proper delivery system, even if they hypothetically finished their enrichment process (which they are far away from). The "nuke" scare is nothing more than fear-food for the uneducated.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

There is no real evidence of it yet. They have only enriched uranium to 20 percent and they are using that in a power plant. It has to be enriched way way higher to be used as a weapon. They aren't even close to having the right stuff to making a nuke yet.

Right, but I thought it was a given they were still attempting to develop one. Whether they are at 20% or 90% the way there.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The personal attack cracks in this thread are beginning to show already.

Deal with the topic on a logical and civil manner.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by masqua
The personal attack cracks in this thread are beginning to show already.

Deal with the topic on a logical and civil manner.

You really know you live in a fallen society when it's considered "civil" to push for World War 3, but you can't tell someone how crazy they are for saying it.

I think his point is there are civil ways to express that opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

It is not a given. The IEAE has said they were and also said they weren't. If they found material that was enriched to a point that it was beyond a reasonable doubt that would be one thing, but I don't think there is any real evidence that they are trying. What Israel wants to base an attack on is if they have enough non enriched uranium to one day enrich it that far. They want to attack before they have enough stored underground to ever even try to enrich it that far. Which is a pretty far reach, but not if you tell everyone how evil the country is and how that is their wet dream for 15 years straight. Then it is common knowledge.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Haha yeah yeah.. I'm reining it in.

I think I ran him off, but I just wanted to stress that spreading the fear that some country handing over a nuke to a terrorist cell is a logical scenario is nonsense. If they got a nuke they would keep it like the kaiser. Ahmadinejad might stop sleeping on the floor if he had a warhead as an option.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I think his point is there are civil ways to express that opinion.

There is absolutely no civil manner one can push for a war of aggression, whilst telling everyone they're wrong. Really, does 90% of the world still live in the 19th century? When someone is asking for mass-violence and death, on a World War scale, and they attempt to shield themselves with claims of "civility", than it's time to wake up.

People of this caliber do not deserve the respect they demand. It's a shielding strategy older than dirt.

I'm sorry, but is this where we are now, we're really still here... even after Bush?
edit on 18-2-2012 by SyphonX because: broken quote

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by masqua

Haha yeah yeah.. I'm reigning it in.

I think I ran him off, but I just wanted to stress that spreading the fear that some country handing over a nuke to a terrorist cell is a logical scenario is nonsense. If they got a nuke they would keep it like the kaiser. Ahmadinejad might stop sleeping on the floor if he had a warhead as an option.

On that point though, whats to stop Ahmadinejad from enlisting 5 or 6 of his most trusted servants to smuggle a bought nuke out of iran and into Israel? They dont need "terrorists" that they dont trust to do this for them. Ahmadinejad can enlist people he knows to do it themselves.
edit on 18-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join