It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Believes He Can Be A Super Saiyan! Rethinking Indo Kids!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lordnightstalker

You're joking, right? After the last story arc, Bleach is not better than much at this point...

On topic, hope this works out for the kid...glad I'm not the only one that tried to give myself a stroke after watching DBZ, lmao.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Jon Bones Jones 2.0?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You can't be a Super-Saiyan. They have blonde hair. You are black. It doesn't work. This isn't racist, it's fact. Black people don't have blonde hair unless you're from some rare tribe living somewhere in Africa (I think?) that 95% of the population has never even heard of.

Second.

Super-Saiyans aren't real. How about instead of saying that "you're just human" and that "you're so worthless" you sit and school and listen to the teacher tell you how "Super-Saiyan" or "Amazing" our species actually is. Goku? How about Beethoven? How about the great empires humanity has been able to create? How about the freedom to use the technology (human created) that you have to upload that video because real life super-saiyans bled for your right to speak?

Seriously, what are they teaching kids in school? How bad humans are and how you should wish to be something else? I can't even blame the kid because the schools are more like indoctrination camps than actual learning institutions so let him just dream about being some blonde haired black kid. What do I care?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

You were obviously not a fan of the show. Great Saga. Nothing wrong with looking up to fiction.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I was actually a huge fan of the show. But then I grew up. I'm a realist. The show is fake. And there are better people to look up to.

Fiction is awesome. Reality is stranger than fiction though. The fact is, more times than not, reality is 100x more interesting than anything we can come up with. The kid needs a history class instead of Goku. Simply put.

CX

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm sure we can all recall running around as a kid pretending/believing we were something off of the tv, but whilst i admire for the kid for his honesty at such an older age, i do feel that this video is a perfect example of why you shouldn't let your kids do nothing but watch the kids channels all day.

Thats one step away from seeing him with a samurai sword in the street on a SWAT takedown video.

CX.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

So let him grow up. Who is to say what he really needs? It's besides the point, because I don't think he was serious to begin with. If anything, the kid should take up acting and theater not history.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Flying kick, spinning ankle sweep, shoryuken, HHAAAAADDDOOOOOOOOOOOOKKEEN!!!!!!!!!

Boooyaahhhh 4 hit combo!!!

Perfect,

Ryu

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
That was an awesome video.

How can you think that kid is NOT a super saiyen??!!!

And He's not even animated!! How can he NOT be a TRUE Super Saiyen?

I have never seen any kid go off like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Take up acting? If you go to school for acting you're retarded. The only way you become an actor or singer is you're acting or singing and someone finds you. There is no other way. Nobody in the history of Hollywood has ever looked at someone and said "hey they have 4 years of acting school! lets put them in the next biggest movie!". It doesn't happen like that.

Let him grow up though? How old is he? 16 and he wants to be a goku. I'm 24 and if I told someone I wanted to be a Goku I would probably be taken away to a mental home. No. It's time to stop watching cartoons.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
most people who are actors have pursued the career.

seldom do you hear the story of the famous person who was saved from their previous life by some specific person... like that rich stripper gal who died (good god I am getting bad with names of EVERYTHING...anything)

a lot were kind of born into families of actors.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I am more worried that people still like that DBZ garbage. Who would want to be a Super Saiyen when you can be a Shinigami?lol. Ok I kid I kid.

Seriously though, this kid needs more adult supervision. But remember he is still young. In a year or two from now he will look back and laugh at the video(or cringe).

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

All I can say is that this is one of my main subjects of study for many years now, and I feel insulted that this was posted in the Philosophy and Metaphysics. He actually has the right idea, but he is running down the wrong avenue.

Sad really. Andrew Carnegie should have been publicly humiliated multiple times for what he did to our education system.

And I did it without any humor...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Wow. All I have to say is that I completely understand where this kid is coming from.

He's NOT undermining the abilities of man. He is pointing out how ridiculous it is for us to limit our potential by telling ourselves that we can't achieve our goals because we are "only human".

What he is saying is that through sheer will power, intent, and hard work, one can manifest his own reality into this physical world. We are only limited by what we perceive is impossible.

And his attempt to go Super Saiyan is his way of sharing this energy/emotion to us. He knows what it feels like to know that we have limitless potential and he is trying to share those feelings with the rest of us.

In the beginning of the video, the kid mentions how he looks up to Goku and his innate ability to fight for what he believes in and overcome adversity. What he is attempting is not to physically become a Super Saiyan, rather, to gain the Super Saiyan spirit which is to feel like you have the power to do anything.

Many of us feel powerless in this world. Against the big bad governments who wage wars we do not want, against the people in our communities who push us around. The reason why characters such as Goku and other superheroes appeal to people is because these characters understand that despite being only one person, they can make a difference if they set their minds to it, that they have the power to make a difference in their own realities.

And despite having godlike abilities allowing them to do whatever they want, these people choose to stand by humanity, they choose to stand by the helpless and defend them.

In a way, we see ourselves in those characters and we yearn to be like them. And this kid is telling us that we can be if we really desire to. We can make the impact these characters make if we put our minds to it. Granted, it will take hard work, but imagine if everyone in the world understood this, the amount of progress humanity can make towards peace. Just think, feel, and understand it for yourself.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

"We must become the change we want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi
edit on 18-2-2012 by Takashi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

I am more worried that people still like that DBZ garbage. Who would want to be a Super Saiyen when you can be a Shinigami?lol. Ok I kid I kid.

Seriously though, this kid needs more adult supervision. But remember he is still young. In a year or two from now he will look back and laugh at the video(or cringe).

why, that video was pure awesome.

he spoke well, he made some good points to ponder and he showed out with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. He is playing... there is nothing wrong with this kid. this is what he SHOULD be doing, not listening to a bunch of stiffs who just ruin all the fun. THEY are the ones who NEED HELP!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

At some point you have to tell him Santa isn't real or he ends up in the looney bin. Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takashi11
Wow. All I have to say is that I completely understand where this kid is coming from.

He's NOT undermining the abilities of man. He is pointing out how ridiculous it is for us to limit our potential by telling ourselves that we can't achieve our goals because we are "only human".

What he is saying is that through sheer will power, intent, and hard work, one can manifest his own reality into this physical world. We are only limited by what we perceive is impossible.

And his attempt to go Super Saiyan is his way of sharing this energy/emotion to us. He knows what it feels like to know that we have limitless potential and he is trying to share those feelings with the rest of us.

In the beginning of the video, the kid mentions how he looks up to Goku and his innate ability to fight for what he believes in and overcome adversity. What he is attempting is not to physically become a Super Saiyan, rather, to gain the Super Saiyan spirit which is to feel like you have the power to do anything.

Many of us feel powerless in this world. Against the big bad governments who wage wars we do not want, against the people in our communities who push us around. The reason why characters such as Goku and other superheroes appeal to people is because these characters understand that despite being only one person, they can make a difference if they set their minds to it, that they have the power to make a difference in their own realities.

And despite having godlike abilities allowing them to do whatever they want, these people choose to stand by humanity, they choose to stand by the helpless and defend them.

In a way, we see ourselves in those characters and we yearn to be like them. And this kid is telling us that we can be if we really desire to. We can make the impact these characters make if we put our minds to it. Granted, it will take hard work, but imagine if everyone in the world understood this, the amount of progress humanity can make towards peace. Just think, feel, and understand it for yourself.

great post.... I'm not supposed to just quote to agree but this is right on the money and i have to point it out.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

At some point you have to tell him Santa isn't real or he ends up in the looney bin. Just sayin'.

that is no dumb or insane child on that screen and even if he was, there is no way you could know or even be justified in worrying about that. his brain is not yours to worry about...and since his actions are his own, leave his thoughts and feelings to HIM. that is NOT yours to judge!...or even worry about in the first place. W@hy don't YOU waste YOUR time worrying about something more appropriate.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
wow this kid is getting way to much credit for acting like an idiot. This acts like my cousin who is 30 and has some serious psychotic problems. This kid needs to get off his @$$, stop watching tv, and play some sports or something, interact with people.

Looks like heʻs withdrawn, has some social problems and thats the catch 22, the snowball effect in his life. Heʻs gotta break patterns and habits and come back to reality

side note: maybe he has no/bad father figure, no one to really look up to

its funny this kind of thread makes us analyzerʻs, but i wonder how many of us got our own skeletons in our closet

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkwingDuck82
wow this kid is getting way to much credit for acting like an idiot. This acts like my cousin who is 30 and has some serious psychotic problems. This kid needs to get off his @$$, stop watching tv, and play some sports or something, interact with people.

Looks like heʻs withdrawn, has some social problems and thats the catch 22, the snowball effect in his life. Heʻs gotta break patterns and habits and come back to reality

side note: maybe he has no/bad father figure, no one to really look up to

its funny this kind of thread makes us analyzerʻs, but i wonder how many of us got our own skeletons in our closet

you don't say... you just diagnosed and treated this kid from a video he made playing around.

god help us all.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join