It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous to shut-down the net on March 31?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
by the way , who is this stupid anonymous ?? is Shakespeare ? or cia+mossad+fsb ? so if he will shut down internet, ok , if he don`t again it is ok! we have alternatives , we get back to real life ! so suck my dick noisy anonymous ..or shall i say SHALOM ???

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'll say it before and I'll say it again. You can't shut down the Internet. That's like saying pigs fly. They are using scare tactics again. Think people.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I wonder if this will be anything like November 5th 2011 when they were absolutely definitely going to shut facebook down but failed miserably?

Anon are getting boring now, if they followed through with even a quarter of the threats made in their OTT ominous youtube slideshows I'd still be championing them, but let's be honest they've done nothing ground breaking and have failed time and again to expose anything truly scandalous.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
I'll say it before and I'll say it again. You can't shut down the Internet. That's like saying pigs fly. They are using scare tactics again. Think people.

Well, if you take out the root DNS servers you technically "kill" the net. Unless your hobby is memorizing IP addy's

But then again, there's a lot more to the net than the WWW.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Anonymous are Web Terrorists funded by the CIA. Terrorists make it far easier to take away our freedoms, that's why the secret services create them.

After Anonymous attacks the Internet, the Rothchilds BBC come out with more propaganda like this about resetting the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The Internet is a wolf dressed in sheep's clothes. Facebook and all those other so called "Social Networking" sites were setup after 9/11 to spy on Americans. Once the Patriot Act was approved, it gave our sorry excuse for a government everything they need to keep track of sheep that post every part of their personal lives on these horrible sites. I personally wouldn't mind at all if the Internet was completely shut down... FOR GOOD. I've been in IT since before BBSs and when the Internet was hatched, I knew it was nothing good. Especially since it was called the "World Wide Web". I say GOOD RIDDANCE!

edit on 17-2-2012 by my3911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2012 by my3911 because: corrections

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is galactically stupid on so many levels.

1. Anon would get little support from the people they say they are fighting for

2. For everyone who thinks if the net goes down that we would just go back to the way life was per-internet has been living under a rock for the past decade. People that think the internet is just Facebook and YouTube most likely don't use it as the powerful tool that it is and it is just entertainment to them, so loosing it doesn't really matter.

However the internet is not just entertainment (well not mostly lol), it has permeated every aspect of life on the planet. Business, educational institutes, financial centers, financial transactions, exchanging of information, being able to work anywhere in the world with anyone anywhere else, just to name a few..all these things would be affected. The internet has really made the world a smaller place and in my mind that's a good thing.

If I had to do business the old fashion way I can't imagine how frustrating that would be. I use the internet for everything in my business; communicating with clients, finding suppliers, buying and shipping supplies, looking for the best prices, managing payments in real time, keeping up to date with new technologies and techniques, learning new skills..not to mention collaboration in R&D. Communication over forums with a wide range of people is an invaluable tool especially in very technical fields. Loosing that capability alone would slow progress down to a agonizingly slow pace.

3. Lastly and this really is the important part, it would be next to impossible to shut down ALL 13 DNS clusters. Even if all the root servers as taken offline there are DNS cashes all over the place. Even if all those were magically erased it would only be a matter of time before people start exchanging IP addresses. After all the internet was designed to survive a nuclear war...well as legend has it anyway
. Short of bringing down the entire power grid..the internet is pretty much here to stay

I don't agree with SOPA or any form of internet censorship. I don't think Anon really thought this through but that's besides the point..because even if they tried to do this..it would affect diddly squat.
edit on 17-2-2012 by DamitJim because: Content

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If anyone can be a part of Anonymous, then obviously it would consist of both everyday citizens, legitimate 'hacktivists', as well as govt infiltrators. I would think that's a given. Anyway, considering they only really have any existance, purpose, or power on the net ... shutting it down would seem rather self-defeating. In any event, maybe the FBI will beat them to it on 8th March.

In the meantime, just in case ....

Disclaimer: I didn't make this pic btw - got it via Anon on FB lol ... I just added ATS. The image is a few weeks old now, as you can see, a couple of those sites are recently defunct.

edit on 17/2/2012 by MsVen because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/2/2012 by MsVen because: added disclaimer

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You can't "shut down" the Internet, what a ridiculous statement. They could barely and very minorly cripple it, if they were amazingly good. They are not. And they are idiots as well. They have no focus - they are just spewing ludicrous statements about any issue that is on the forefront, and then attacking poorly protected sites in "retaliation." I can't believe these morons have so many fans who defend their criminal actions. They don't care if they cause suffering to innocents. But I guess around here, many are pretty heartless, and are of the "can't make an omelette if you don't break a few eggs!" mindset. Pathetic.

They are not "legion." They are a set # of individuals that one by one, will be caught. They are racking up attacks that accomplished NOTHING at all, but will land them in prison for a good spell as each is busted. Morons.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
They have made continuous threats and backed out of them, so i am expecting this threat to fall flat on it's head. I also find it ironic that they are going to take the internet down in protest to SOPA, as it is effectively, restricting the use of the public to gain information via the internet

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by verschickter

Hm, they are going to DDoS every server that every ISP owns?

Nope, just the name servers.
See this info about DNS from Cisco.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I just looked on ANONOPS anonops.blogspot.com... and they did not post anything about it. I don't know if they will or not, but it is possible.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Anonymous, hmm sounds like a set up to me. By them taking down the internet, would that not be an attack against us also? Think of all of the businesses that need the internet to make transfers, create sales to make money to pay emplyees (which in most cases is us).
This will definitley help the case to control the internet, and crazy old Alex Jones may be right, they want to get rid of this internet.
If the CIA had an undercover internet group pulling off false flags, would they really use their own name...lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by squad51
Anonymous, hmm sounds like a set up to me. By them taking down the internet, would that not be an attack against us also? Think of all of the businesses that need the internet to make transfers, create sales to make money to pay emplyees (which in most cases is us).
This will definitley help the case to control the internet, and crazy old Alex Jones may be right, they want to get rid of this internet.
If the CIA had an undercover internet group pulling off false flags, would they really use their own name...lol.

Yep. After they do it a few times, the internet will have to be shut down to protect corporate/government interests from the bad guys. Don't worry, it's for the best, corporations are people.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i feel that everytime Anon shuts down something, they are just giving big brother more excuses for sopa and pipa.

I agree with Anon for the most part, just think that they are going to use these attacks as examples of things they could "prevent" with sopa and pipa. ( whether or not they can actually stop "cyber attacks" is a different topic) Wont be hard to convince the masses that they need the security with all the attacks going on in the last year[s]

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So ... anonymous is pissed at the Feds, and they want to attack the civilian population. That makes complete sense. It seems anonymous is on par with radical Muslims. "Hey, we hate America! Lets go blow up our own mosque of fellow Muslims and that will show how much we hate Ameirca! Yeah!!! Great idea guys!"

Let's get the feds to create stricter internet usage rules with all this hacking we are doing SHOWING the world how we disagree with the feds and how vulnerable the U.S. network is! Okay! Great idea fellow anom guys!
edit on 17-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If we shut off all of the power in the world on that day then they won't be able to do this! Oh wait, that doesn't really work.

edit on 17-2-2012 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

youre right, thats why this isnt legit and not a truely anon.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
What about people like me who make their living online?

Do I have a say? Because to me if "Anonymous"...."shut down the Internet" then "Anonymous" ain't cool.

And who the F is "Anonymous" anyways? Since they're Anonymous how can anyone vet them?

Screw "Anonymous". I don't know them. They could be anything from a bunch of kids to government spooks.

And what do you think would happen when something like SOPA is implemented??
One day of downtime wont really be anything compared to something like SOPA that will be something more or less permanently.

But i guess you are another one of those people who only care about now and cant care # about what happens in even near future.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings
Anonymous are Web Terrorists funded by the CIA. Terrorists make it far easier to take away our freedoms, that's why the secret services create them.

After Anonymous attacks the Internet, the Rothchilds BBC come out with more propaganda like this about resetting the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk...

Oh, there are likely CIA agents, China agents, agents of countries all around the world in Anonymous. If you want to join Anonymous - BINGO, your part of Anonymous.

The thing is, anyone, any group that attempts to censor, to destroy the internet is an enemy of the people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join