It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous to shut-down the net on March 31?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

ähm, I thought about it very well. I dont know what you mean but I dont think, if it happens, that it will help. Did you read the last part of the OP?

edit: you dont need to get bitchy. I´m just the messenger. Follow your own advice and deny ignorance
edit on 16-2-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

oh you mean by childishly attacking the internet it will give TPTB more reason to control the internet?

makes sense to me!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
btw I lived before internet times and I will live again without internet the same way. Just for your information. Aks this yourself, considering your postcount

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by verschickter

Hm, they are going to DDoS every server that every ISP owns?

no they dont have do that. Small countries are easy to hit, just one attack. A hit a country like the UK for example would require several coordinated attacks at the same time.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

more like the 13 roots servers that hold the DNS tables. Its not "the internet" its just the "www" service if you like.

edit: there are more dns servers but these 13 servers are considered as "root" servers.
edit on 16-2-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If they do go ahead with this those responsible are looking a lot of lawsuits and potentially a lot of time behind bars, and they would deserve it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Reminds me of: "Yes! You must be willing to kill the environment to save it!" - Ernesto
scoobydoo.wikia.com...

Maybe a new future episode "Yes! You must be willing to kill the internet to save it!"

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

Anonymous to shut-down the net on March 31?

www.pcadvisor.co.uk

According to a statement, which the group posted on Pastebin earlier this week, it plans to attack 13 DNS servers that ensure URLs such as google.co.uk are translated into the IP addresses that host these websites.

"To protest SOPA, Wallstreet, our irresponsible leaders and the beloved bankers who are starving the world for their own selfish needs out of sheer sadistic fun, On March 31, anonymous will shut the internet down," the group said in the statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Rubbish, that's like saying your going to close every road in the country. Something on this scale would need people working on the inside.

Good luck to them and for the record, I like what they stand for

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Petest205

Are you aware of the fact that you are talking bs? get into the topic, you did not even understand what will be going on, despite you quotet it already.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Petest205

Not sure that would work since many ISP ,gov't,and private companies have local cache of those DNS servers they frequently sync with.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anon attacking DNS servers to protest SOPA is like someone attacking movie goers because they don't like the movie being shown.....

Rather stupid, get's you no where, and makes you very unpopular.

If you don't like the movie, go after the people that made the darn thing!

So, they do this and all of us have to manually type in an IP addy to get somewhere new on the internet. And this proves......what exactly? That they are "All Extremely Powerful, you must bow down to us!" ? That they can be extremely annoying....even to people that do not want these bills to pass? Rubbish!

Hey Anon! You want to impress someone? You want to fight SOPA and it's related proposed bills? Then go attack the supporters and their banks accounts instead. Leave the rest of us alone.

Oh and for you that were going on about how loosing income won't matter because of the economy going down hill......Right. Try telling the bill collectors that and see what happens........

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
HACK THE PLANET!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Isn't that like a biker gang shutting down the roads?

Without the net Anon has zero power.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I wonder if the March 8th FBI "intervention" has anything to do with (or will affect) this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't even know why people are thinking the can pull this off. Remember how they threatened to take down Facebook a few months ago? I don't even remember experiencing any slowdown that day. If they can't take down a single website how can you expect them to take down numerous DNS servers at the same time?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ohz Noez! If they shut down my intertubes, I wont be able to post on ATS! I wont be able to watch po..err, puppies on youtube! I might actually have to go outside! Take a walk! And the realize the IT WONT MAKE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE IF THESE SCHMUCKS ARE ACTUALLY CAPABLE OF PULLING IT OFF! Internet is entertainment. I use to watch TV before I had the internetz...In fact, I think I have some Big Bang Theory on my DVR I need to watch.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
IF and that is a BIG if, they are able to "shut down" the internet. That would be a perfect time to attack Iran IMO.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petest205

And what, exactly, DO they stand for?

They are certainly NOT "for the people" more likely just the lulz..

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Petest205

And what, exactly, DO they stand for?

They are certainly NOT "for the people" more likely just the lulz..

How do you know this isn´t a fake ;-)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
And the realize the IT WONT MAKE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE IF THESE SCHMUCKS ARE ACTUALLY CAPABLE OF PULLING IT OFF! Internet is entertainment.

Are you really that dumb? Just because YOU have no life you forget that most of the world has been converted to run on the net... the medical profession, businesses like Amazon etc would loss money, people lose jobs..

Sure we could go back to the old ways, but with the economy already in a mess, more income lost and more people out if work is NOT going to help.

But then I don't expect your type to care... maybe when you grow up and actually have a life, you might

In any case Anon will not win much support fro the people they claim they are doing this for, if their attacks mess up the lives of those very people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join