It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous to shut-down the net on March 31?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
How do you know this isn´t a fake ;-)

Because it came from one of the main Anon websites... there was a thread on this a while back

And how do YOU know that Anon isn't a branch of the CIA? The CIA infiltrated ALL the major UFO organizations back in the day... what makes anyone think that they won't do it now?

Since no one knows who anon is, it would be very easy for the spooks to do what ever they want and blame Anon

What would YOU do if the Internet Shut Down?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

~snip~

What would YOU do if the Internet Shut Down?

Read a book.
Get more outside work done around the house.
Wouldn't be able to play all my neat games that require Steam to work. (or Windows Live for that mater).

Go to the bank and actually have to buy personal checks, then stamps, so I could write checks and mail them to pay my bills, instead of paying all of the online like I do now.

Go to the grocery store, and write a check for items I bought, several days in advance since I believe the VeriCheck certification system would no longer be working, and checks would have to be manually sent in to the bank, like in years past (was a great way to get what you needed a few days before payday).

Actually GO to a library to look up information.

No more Hulu or Netfix. I'd actually have to get off my butt and GO to Blockbuster to rent a movie.

Oooooo. No more phone. I have Magic Jack. I'd have to eat crow and get a real land line from AT&T again (they'd love that......).

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Being CIA crossed my mind once. Briefly. Until I watched some videos, which would have proven counter-intuitive, rather than a ruse. Hell in a handbasket, I tell ya.

People rely WAY too much on the internet. Go read an e book.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
We get that much warning? Mighty good of them...
you thought I was going to use another word didn't you????

I am thinking if they could've done it, they would've done it...
edit on 16-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
And the realize the IT WONT MAKE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE IF THESE SCHMUCKS ARE ACTUALLY CAPABLE OF PULLING IT OFF! Internet is entertainment.

Are you really that dumb? Just because YOU have no life you forget that most of the world has been converted to run on the net... the medical profession, businesses like Amazon etc would loss money, people lose jobs..

Actually oh high queen zorgon, it is because I DO have a life that I know this will amount to absolutely nothing but an entertainment inconvenience should these morons pull this off.
edit on 16-2-2012 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
should these morons pull this off.

Well at least we agree on one thing

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
What about people like me who make their living online?

Do I have a say? Because to me if "Anonymous"...."shut down the Internet" then "Anonymous" ain't cool.

And who the F is "Anonymous" anyways? Since they're Anonymous how can anyone vet them?

Screw "Anonymous". I don't know them. They could be anything from a bunch of kids to government spooks.

Yes, exactly, that's why this is so brilliant. How can you "kill" a target that cannot be seen or even targeted? You could be from Anonymous, I could be either, you see the irony?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Anonymous have always acted in fairly responsible ways before.

This would be highly irresponsible.

I don't think that this is anything to do with Anonymous.

It sounds like script kiddies scare mongering.

Technically, I also doubt that Anonymous could actually raise the resources to achieve this.

Anyway, it won't affect me if the entire DNS system comes crashing down. I have contingencies in place as do most network admins.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
oh so now no internet for a day 0_0

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Honestly if they do actually do it, I'd suggest waiting until a specific date

Anyone wanna guess??

**spoiler alert**

They should wait until 4/04.....

get it?

LMFAOROTMF

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hear we go
The Anonymous propaganda machine spitting out bs,more empty threats ,they really need to do something for for the people to prove their legitimacy.They promise the world but give you an atlas!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I actually think its a move by TPTB to blame anonymous and direct the publics anger when they Launch the attack on iran.

It will kill two birds with one stone. A news blackout worldwide and public fury directed away from those it should be aimed at.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Since no one knows who or what Annonymous actually is, no one can say with certainty whether or not they could pull this off. Not even Forbes.

As for those suggesting that the Govt. will do it and blame Anon., they can't even tie their own shoes much less take down the net.

It sounds like Anonymous is a group of people who are capable of thinking outside the box which is precisely the ONLY type of people who would be capable of pulling this off.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Ok I'm done wait.. No.. Must ROFLMFAO Ok now done.

Seriously take down the internet? I'll believe that when I see it. There is a gigantic difference between DDoS attacks on websites and hacking a mainframe here and there and taking out the *stiffles giggles* internet. I mean seriously no chance in h#ll they can pull that off. If they pull that off then I will delete my ATS account after recanting all negative sentiments towards anonymous. I have to agree with other sentiments on this thread. I don't trust them and never will. They are basically doing exactly what they supposedly fight against. Censorship is censorship whether carried out by the government or private citizens.You take out a server like Wikipedia/Youtube/Facebook etc you are hindering my right to use that site. No different then the government blocking a site. Anonymous is just a bunch of punks under the guise of doing something great.

I will say this much. If they do pull it off they will definitely give the government all the ammo they need to start a internet police force, and start enacting some serious anti-cyber crime laws. This could easily be a false flag event as it would be the next best thing since Homeland Security for the government to push it's way into our collective personal spaces. Go ahead Anonymous keep on poking and prodding the Lion's so to speak and watch how fast they bite your hand off.
edit on 2/16/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Anonymous = Pseudo-Humanitarian

Anonymous + Internet,March 31= 1st Amendment R.I.P

I hope people open their eyes to the true fruit of Anonymous. I almost think the same mind hacks who created the name " Anonymous" came up with the " We Are 99 %" chant. Both accomplished the same side-effect, to confuse you into believing that they are you. In other words, watchamacall it, a mind-fugg!
edit on 16-2-2012 by ThreeSabbathMeals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSabbathMeals

I agree..I personally am still not clear on how you are combating censorship and protecting net neutrality while at the same time you are censoring and revoking net neutrality.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

An attack by Anonymous is only going to strengthen the argument in support of SOPA.

I don't feel most people agree with Anonymous. Most people feel the internet is insecure and untrustworthy and prone to hackers. So I think that, over time, something like Internet 2.0 will happen.

If most people agreed with Anonymous then his/her attack would be heroic.

But I can't help but think the internet (we know) is like the wild west. It'll soon be a memory.

You must realize that we're becoming increasingly connected. This connectedness is exposing vital areas to potential abuse or misuse. That's a serious concern. Technology is not stopping conveniently for us all to catch up on its broader implications. So law and order -will- be enforced long before we all 'get it'.

We will lose freedoms to protect our vitals against harm. But the security will not go on forever. People want -some- freedom. This is not either/or. There can never be complete freedom or security.

Save these memories because our grandkids are going to ask us what it was like when the internet was so free and unwatched. They'll dream of it like we dream of the wild west. The frontier and mystery...

If we were to travel back in time and capture some wild west immigrants and transport them to our future time in 2012, they would be shocked and dismayed by the freedoms they will no longer have. But once they're given enough time to catch up and educate themselves, they will get over it. But I think this hypothetical scenario is giving too much credit to people. People don't change that easily.

Once people started spending money online, it was another nail in the coffin.
edit on 16-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They're doing this to protest what the FBI will be doing on March 9th, the shutdown of thousands of DNS servers which will cut off millions of people from the internet. Go Anonymous!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
seems to me that anonymous are buying into their own hype more and more.. their reasoning and anger are solid but this is laughable. i really hoped, in the beginning, that these duders where legit and even through all their outlandish claims and epic failures i still held out hope that one of these times they'd at least half way succeed but all they can manage to do is make videos of what everyone is thinking and mad about kinda like.. Thank You Captain Obvious. and in the end all we're left with is a bunch of posts from people letting us know there's a new video. anyway.. just another misplaced hope in a hero that'll sadly never be. we seriously need a hero and only then will i take an ebullet for them. don't tell me what you're gonna do and just DO IT! believe me the world will know who it is and follow suit there's no need for a pr campaign if you're the real deal otherwise the world needs ditch diggers to.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm leaning more to believing that anon is some gov't agency trying to convince the people that we need more regulations to protect the gov't and people from them.

who might Anonymous be? There cause? Real Threat and bigger than Nuclear ?:

Question: what has been the most damaging attack that anon has done? Have they actually released any valuable information in exposing the gov't fraud? Or have they just been bringing down civilian websites such as cia.gov and whitehouse.gov , etc to get attention?

edit on 16-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join