It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4th Dimension physical or meta physics?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I initially had the impression that the OP was talking about a hypothetical universe in which there was an extra (4th) dimension of space. That universe would have one additional dimension than we have in our universe, which only has three. The fourth dimension would be another direction of travel that was perpendicular to the other three dimensions. There are lots of animations on Youtube that show what fourth dimensional objects would look like if they were to pass through our 3d space.

I don't think the animation shown by the OPoster accurately depicts a fourth dimensional cube. Am I wrong?

edit on 17-2-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
ok so i have been thinking, and i dont necessarily mean a hypothetical dimension im starting to think Shirak is right about some stuff i am starting to beileve that the direction of the forth dimension could open portals or teleport objects if you channel energy to the direction that a microscope travels which in my head is almost diagonal

i have created this diagram to help people understand a little bit better where im coming from

if we where to shrink is there a limit to where we could possibly come out the other side, just a thought

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A microscope doesn't travel...and we cannot shrink.

What is the 'direction of the fourth dimension'?

And how would this direction open portals or teleport anything?

What do you mean by 'almost diagonal'.

Of course you could say...for the sake of conversation...

That the fourth dimension is time...and we all know that it appears to travel forward.

However it seems that you want to get so small that you enter the realm of the sub atomic.

Seems a bit of a non starter to me...can't you see why?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I believe the 4th dimension is a dimension of awareness.

Length, width, and height constitute the 3 known dimensions. As we know, a 3d being perceives in 3d directions.

The 4th dimension is the dimension where the inner becomes the outer and the outer becomes the inner. It is the dimension of expansion and contraction. In terms of awareness, you find that your awareness extends beyond your body. You become empathic to the point where you can literally feel inanimate objects because they become a part of you. The 4th experiential dimension is the first dimension of a continuous awareness of unity.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The fourth dimension is time. However, if you'd like to research your thoughts more you should understand Planck Scale physics. There are 11 dimensions so far. many of them are all around us and we cannot see them or understand them yet even if we did see them and the brain erases it from your consciousness.

Some people theorize that gravity in our 3 dimensions are the residue left over from the 5th dimension since there is seemingly no origin of it (other than a rotation on an axis) in our dimensions. Anyway... i think you'll find answers to your questions and thoughts if you get into Planck Scale physics which takes mass in our universe down to a scale of 10 to the negative 8kg.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I could of sworn they were a singing group. That was a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hi OP,

I believe dimensions are one of the esoteric niches left in modern physics, and I find them fascinating.

Have you had a look into this video below? I had to watch it 3 or 4 times to understand it but to me it makes sense.

I think this is the one:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
we are 4D beings.. soon ascending too the 5th, for those who wish to evolve into the 5th, you must let go of everything you think you know about this "reality" and focus on raising your being to a higher state.

We are a collective of a beautiful cosmos.. not individuals of a tiny planet called Earth. Accept it if you wish to transition.

~ love is an art

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Here

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 62225

www.youtube.com...

Heres my alien experience

Please dont be rude im sensetive about this issue

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You got it bro! The 4th dimension is actually the fractal nature of scale. Time is an illusion. Time is at the mercy of perspective. Its funny, because when one takes time out of the more complex math theories wonderful things start to happen...everything starts to work...mathematically. The biggest problems in physics right now, is Time and how to deal with it, imo. I'm not a scientist, I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn but I have read a ton of books on this subject and I believe you are right. Time only matters to something when its taught to fear and to try and manage it. Since time really does not exist outside of the human experience it is more of an illusion of our minds more so than I provable fact...kinda like God or Aliens.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I believe the 4th dimension is a dimension of awareness.

Length, width, and height constitute the 3 known dimensions. As we know, a 3d being perceives in 3d directions.

The 4th dimension is the dimension where the inner becomes the outer and the outer becomes the inner. It is the dimension of expansion and contraction. In terms of awareness, you find that your awareness extends beyond your body. You become empathic to the point where you can literally feel inanimate objects because they become a part of you. The 4th experiential dimension is the first dimension of a continuous awareness of unity.

you basically just defined fractal scaling. If only people would wake up and realize all this...I'm too lazy so I just like to babble in the interwebz about it

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mattodlum
Well, I'm not expert in this, but I have an opinion. These dimensions all are connected and interwoven some how. And the 4th dimension and others are all around us, but we can't see them. Some people can, such as children and other spiritual people. Indians used to tie themselves to trees for days, to stay awake to to enter the spirit world (which could be the 4th dimension). If you look in the bible, Jesus wandered the desert for 40 days fasting. This may of been what it takes for him to enter that dimension, because during that time, the spirit of the devil came to him and tempted him. The devil offered him all the kingdoms of the earth if he would bow down and do an act of worship to him. The angels tended to Jesus, (I think this means they spiritually fed him, so that he was ok and healthy, because he had been going without food or water for 40 days. So this 4th dimension is always there, its just not everyone's brains are on the same level to be able to see this place, while some are. Just my opinion, thanks...

what are you talking about this is science we are discussing in here...no room for relating this to the bible sorry. not everything comes back to jesus...sometimes its just science and fact

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ok im starting to feel like some poeple are on the same page as me now and actually understand what i have been trying to convey even though i cant completely grasp it myself, in my head i can imagine a direction which i cant actually put words to and everytime i try and explain it i struggle to find the words.

just joe could you maybe put it into words what you mean by fractal scaling see if you can help verybody else out more than i can

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
As has been stated multiple times already, the 4th dimension is time.

However, there are different things that 4th dimension could be referring to: a means of measuring space and existence, or the plane of existence itself.

There is a metaphysical plane beyond this one...several in fact. But we are not yet evolved enough to access these planes...and so, the only 4th dimension we will experience for now (except for those who have trained themselves to do so) is time.
edit on CFridaypm464611f11America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
we are 4D beings.. soon ascending too the 5th, for those who wish to evolve into the 5th, you must let go of everything you think you know about this "reality" and focus on raising your being to a higher state.

I think you missed the last so-called "ascension" on 11/11/11. So many others claimed that was the day.

No idea why people believe this nonsense without a lick of proof. Hell, Christians have oodles more proof of their faith than you do with your "ascension". Harold Camping has nothing on you.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
As has been stated multiple times already, the 4th dimension is time.

I know this is the official response, and I'm not arguing that time is a dimension... but why does it have to come in 4th? IMO time should be the 1st dimension, because without time we can't measure the spatial dimensions anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
A microscope doesn't travel...and we cannot shrink.

What is the 'direction of the fourth dimension'?

And how would this direction open portals or teleport anything?

What do you mean by 'almost diagonal'.

Of course you could say...for the sake of conversation...

That the fourth dimension is time...and we all know that it appears to travel forward.

However it seems that you want to get so small that you enter the realm of the sub atomic.

Seems a bit of a non starter to me...can't you see why?

It's not a non-starter. It is one of the eight primary siddhis of yoga known to yogis for thousands of years. Its Sanskrit name is "anima". Two people over a century ago demonstrated the ability to enter in their altered state of consciousness the subatomic world as a form of remote-viewing, and FOUR highly scientific books have now been written about it (including a free, downloadable PDF version of the first book here , as well as dozens of research papers, magazine and newspaper articles (see here). You will find a review of this ability here. Theoretical physicist Dr Stephen Phillips, who proved its existence in the 1980s, has delivered private seminars on the topic at the Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, and lectures about his research at international parasychology conferences. In 1992 he carried out in-depth experimental investigations with someone highly advanced in Buddhist meditation, whom he proved during double-blind trials could magnify quarks, electrons and superstrings.

The fourth dimension is NOT time. That's outmoded high-school physics. Since the early 1980s, time has been regarded by superstring theorists as the tenth dimension (and then, the eleventh, when M-theory was proposed by Professor Ed Witten), whilst string theorists in the late 1970s proved in numerous ways that quantum mechanics applied to spinless 1-d strings implied that time is the 26th dimension. It was the well-known theoretical physicist Professor Peter G.O. Freund and then the proponents of E8xE8 heterotic supertring theory who reconciled these conflicting predictions. The spectacular, pioneering work of Dr Phillips has now confirmed that time is, indeed, the 26th dimension.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
micpsi thanks had a quick scan through that and will read the rest later, so basically what its sayin is people have remotely viewed the world through a subatomic perspective?

i been thinking, the subatomic world is composed of mostly energy and electrical based things( correct me if im wrong)

but i guess most of us have seen the comparision between our brain cells and the universe and that are thoughts are nothing but electrical impulses, so maybe there could be consciousness on a sub atomic level and we only see it as a spark or electricty but i could be a thought

edit on 19-2-2012 by tdrowe2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join