It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"180" Movie - A Few Minutes that may change your mind about Abortion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

I don't know what you mean. I always wanna bring some light to stinky thread. With love.

Come on, these periodic threads about gays, abortions etc are immediately attacked and turned off topic to worthless trolling by feminists, gays, witches and all kinds of "modern man". Look how offensive use to be gays. Like little neurotic chihuahuas you wanna take away a toy from. Just to kill a debate asap. Once a thread is off topic it's always the same.
edit on 17/2/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Yea it usually starts when someone like you starts assuming that everything is black and white. And if they don't believe in what you believe then they don't believe in a higher power, the don't believe in morals, they think that we should just go around and kill everything. Not everything is black and white the way you see it, and I can tell from the way you write, you don't directly accuse anyone, you just imply, and then you hide back in your little shell and pretend to be innocent. Watch the george carlin video makes alot of sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It's because people are posting what they think has to be said. And no, it usually starts like this one:
First 13 posts came in a window of 30 minutes - while the video is 33 minutes long. First postman said "it did NOTHING to change my mind. At all. I've seen plenty of propaganda before."
After 3 minutes

Stereotype here - stereotyp there... and there we go...

Time to move along
edit on 17/2/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: joy

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ

It's because people are posting what they think has to be said. And no, it usually starts like this one:
First 13 posts came in a window of 30 minutes - while the video is 33 minutes long. First postman said "it did NOTHING to change my mind. At all. I've seen plenty of propaganda before."
After 3 minutes

Stereotype here - stereotyp there... and there we go...

Time to move along
edit on 17/2/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: joy

And you've done it again, this video wasn't first seen on this post. Actually it was passed out at my school 4-6 months before this thread even existed. How do you know they haven't watched it. And now of course you can go to further posts and may see that they say they haven't seen it, but before you were just assuming weren't you.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
reply to post by vkey08

Mmm, I know. But this is a fundamental question. How can you cover it ignoring the source of your life and all ethic? Don't expect this voice will just shut up. It's too serious. You see where the world is heading. How far shall we move the border? The same spirit you can see behind GMO and all the insane stuff around us. You may name it differently but you feel what's right and when you are "sinning".

What voice, I hear ZERO voices in my head.... I do not know of this voice you are speaking... Now as far as my belief system it predates Christianity, I'm Shinto.. we don't have such a rigid view of the world around us and are definitely not arrogant enough to say that our Gods(esses) are the bomb... to the absolute of all others.. OH WAIT... I seem to remember one line from "the Bible" that may shed some light..

"I am a jealous God worship no others besides me" sounds real loving and secure..... (rolls eyes) enough please I am not going to be converted, I am not going to engage further in a religious debate, it has NO place here in this discussion.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So, a child unborn is not human? sounds more like convenience. Funny though, how you can be charged with a separate crime for attacking a pregnant woman if the baby is injured or killed. Under the Laci and Conner's Law, it is still a human being at ANY stage of development.

So, I guess if you don't want the baby, then it is not a human, but if you do, then it is?

Pretty sad that anyone believes this. It is a human. plain and simple. If you define it as not human, under the notion that it cannot survive on its own, then it is a parasite. Well, under that logic, humans are all parasites as well, and shouldn't be looked at as, ummm, humans. since well, without the provisions of earth and nature, WE can not survive either.

Every living being is dependent on something else.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

OP, I'm glad you posted that video. It is a wonderful and enlightening documentary that makes you think about what is being done to society.

If anything, the young people of today are being lulled into a false sense of security and dis-loyalty to the human race. Most of the people we see around us will have the heart in the wrong place when the police state comes.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Of course.
It's pretty frequent phenomenon and I haven't seen it at school so I was assuming. Obviously everyone else seen it twice except me. Let's finish this OT... I'm tired.
What are we talking here about? Let's sume it. What was the number? Some 200.000 just in UK in 2008.
You can make vaccines on them and soon we'll have some bone repair juice. Propably it's already just a money question.
It's normal. It became a choice. Like: Cheese or Big Mac? To abort or let it? People are speaking about overpopulation while western nations are getting older and dying off.
Someone has depopulated us already.
It's not over but I say "see you next time bro, nice chat" 'cause everyone else left already. There's a new Tesla conspiracy thread.
edit on 17/2/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

Who cares if a fetus is human or not?

None of you pro-life people have answered my questions. Why do you care so much about an unborn child but you don't give a # about children once they leave the womb?

Why are so many conservatives against education and social programs that help these kids?

Why are many of them so eager to send these kids off to die once they turn 18?

Answer the #ing questions!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
For those who are against abortion...on a religion basis, then ill assume that u are also against contraception?
If that be the case then a woman who is raped, a junkie, a homeless person, people with extremely limited means, women with heart conditions or other illnesses..i assume that they have to carry on with the pregnancy? because contraception is forbidden?

so then u have young parentless babies fostered out to people, u have babys born addicted to crack, smack or whatever else the junk head was on, u have women dying on the operating table because thier bodies/health cant cope with pregnancy or birth....but ur pro-life? all about life? everyone has a right to live? or is it just selective to u?

its a contraciction! u cant be pro-life!

This is a very touchy subject, circumstances HAVE to be taken into consideration, admitedly had the choice for abortion never been there for women or contraception then we would have no choice and this subject would never arise...

take for example the "morning after pill" that can be taken 72 hours after unprotected sex....is that wrong? as what it does is make the womb unhabitable for the egg....but if its an egg then is it already life? it has cells etc?

I feel people should have the choice there "just in case"...but it shouldnt be abused, proper precautions should be taken to prevent having to abort....

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mznonterrorist

The funny thing is that so many posters here on ATS advocate for personal responsibility and less government interference in our lives. Yet, some choose to support anti-abortion measures, which obviously contradicts what they're supposed to be advocating for.

If you want to protect personal freedoms, then keep abortion legal for those who feel they must resort to it.

I'm all for the religious folks splitting off from the U.S and creating their own haven where they can do whatever the hell they want. Santorum and his ilk should scare the # out of anyone who claims to love freedom.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

None of you pro-life people have answered my questions. Why do you care so much about an unborn child but you don't give a # about children once they leave the womb?

Why are dodging the issue? What does being against a welfare state have to do with whether it is murder or not? Why don't get a gun, go to Africa, and shoot starving children, since you believe it is better to be dead than poor?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Oh nice, a weak strawman argument.

You know, if your reading comprehension was better, you would realize that nowhere in my post did I say that it was better to be dead than poor.

Come back when you have constructed a credible counterpoint. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

There is a difference between being murdered vs. being poor, and never existing vs. being poor (which is the case with abortion). While being poor is most probably better than being murdered, it indeed may not be better than simply never existing.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They're comparing abortion with the genocide Nazis committed....that's RIDICULOUS!!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Why are so many conservatives against education and social programs that help these kids?

Not all conservatives are against abortion. I am in favor of it.

I am against social programs because they are not my children. You want to have unprotected sex then have a kid, you pay for it. Can't afford a child - then don't have unprotected sex.

Personal responsibility, it can be a bitch.
edit on 18-2-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Not all conservatives are against abortion. I am in favor of it.

I am against social programs because they are not my children. You want to have unprotected sex then have a kid, you pay for it. Can't afford a child - then don't have unprotected sex.

Personal responsibility, it can be a bitch.
edit on 18-2-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

Emphasis mine.

You know, I wasn't going to post in this thread again after my first until I saw this. You know, not everything is that black and white. My parents used both birth control and a condom when they had sex, yet surprise, here I am. Same with my brother, they used contraception, yet he exists too.

Getting pregnant =/= having unprotected sex.
edit on 18/2/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

.... Really?

No one ever said we don't care about them once they leave the womb. The fetus has no means to defend itself. Its life and death is a matter of convenience for the parents. For the most part they are not protected by laws until they are outside of the womb.

Ummmm... Social programs mostly develop a dependency on government aid, and most educational programs have been failures. I mean, just look at face book and other sites where people blog, you see how great the education of the kids is now days, now that the big government has more control over it than ever, whereas almost 60 years ago, kids were getting way better educations WITHOUT Government help.

No one is eager to send ANYONE off to die, ( I assume you mean war) So, with that, I am a veteran, I still serve, I volunteer to serve every 2-3 years, when I re-enlist. This IS a volunteer army. WE make the decision for OURSELVES to go off and "die".

that answer anything?

BTW, Birth control = SHUT YOUR LEGS, and for the gents, KEEP YOUR PANTS ON. You can not get pregnant if you don't have sex. easy.

Few things in life are black and white when it comes to right and wrong. taking a life is wrong. If your life is NOT in immediate danger, then it is wrong. A fetus is a living thing. Saying that it is not, is an excuse to make yourself feel better about dodging responsibility.

The real world is not mommy and daddy's house. I am sick of people expecting my money, my tax dollars which were stolen from me, to cover your mistakes.

You get pregnant, GROW UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD.
Men, you get a girl pregnant, MAN UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD.

edit on 18-2-2012 by resist2012 because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by mznonterrorist

The funny thing is that so many posters here on ATS advocate for personal responsibility and less government interference in our lives. Yet, some choose to support anti-abortion measures, which obviously contradicts what they're supposed to be advocating for.

If you want to protect personal freedoms, then keep abortion legal for those who feel they must resort to it.

The only time one should resort to it, is life or death. Ectopic pregnancy, for example. In the case of rape, the morning after pill isn't quite the same if it is within a few hours or even a day after the event. It can take up to several days for the sperm to actually penetrate and fertilize the egg. It doesn't happen right away. So it is preventing conception, rather than destroying it after the fact.

As far as personal freedoms go, Why is it ok for the government to step in and take your life away from you when you kill someone, but they are expected to stay out of the way when you kill someone that has no means of its own defense?

Anti abortion is protecting the right of the fetus. NOT taking away your freedom, its to stop you from taking someone else's life based on the fact that "you aren't ready" or whatever lame excuses you (in general) can come up with.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

taking a life is wrong.

No it is not. Not by itself.
Taking a life of a person with mind is wrong. What is wrong in fact is terminating a mind, and taking a life is only wrong by proxy, when said life is needed by some existing mind to exist.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing a mindless life. Irregardless of its DNA sequence.

edit on 18/2/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join