It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"180" Movie - A Few Minutes that may change your mind about Abortion

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I'm sorry but a egg growing in your stomach is NOT a life. It is NOT a baby. Not until it takes a breathe!
I mean, it’s just sperm that has matured.. that’s all it is at this stage.

Just had to correct you here, it's definitely a baby before it breathes.. (:
Just cause it doesn't breathe in the womb doesn't mean it is ANY less developed (I'm talking like right before birth here).

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce
Here is a wonderful documentary that is a must see in my opinion for everyone that may really open your eyes about what abortion really is:

Let me spell that out for you

It is a procedure which destroys a foetus inside a womb. Dun dun dun.....

The "choice" for the woman to have that procedure is made by her, and her partner if such is the case, and has nothing to do with anyone else, let alone you who thinks you have the right to patronise us. It is a very difficult choice for some, often heart-renching and extremely personal. It is sometimes made due to health reasons, due to social reasons, financial reasons and other issues I couldn't even fathom.

The planet is overcrowded, christianity is Sin.. religion is enslavement, choice is a human right.

Go back to your bible bashing rock please.

T

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

You are Foster Friess, aren't you?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
since orginal post was with video, I'll reply with video - one and only George Carlin

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

I keep reading that you can't tell a woman what to do with her own body. The time limit within which an abortion can be performed depends on the viability of the fetus, or the unborn baby, but in most cases is between 22 and 24 weeks. In 2010, Nebraska imposed a ban on abortions beyond 20 weeks. With that argument, is it ok to tell a woman beyond 24 weeks what she can do with her own body? Why?

Read more: How Late Can You Get an Abortion? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I have no opinion because I have never been in the situation where I have had to make a decision to abort or not. I also believe that nobody should be judged because of their personal choice they make. Every single decision to abort is based on something, and until you are in the position to understand all the aspects of that decision, you have no right to carte blanche a judgement on society, when abortion is a personal choice only, and not a society choice.

Move along already and mind your own business.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shasha1956

With that argument, is it ok to tell a woman beyond 24 weeks what she can do with her own body? Why?

Late-term foetus is viable, so the pregnancy may be terminated without killing it. The woman still has a choice about her body.

Alternatively, late-term foetus has brainwaves, so it is a human being with rights, contrary to an unsentient human bunch of cells.

I dont agree with late-term abortions being legal unless medically necessary.
edit on 17/2/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shasha1956

Dear Shasha1956,
From my understanding the reasoning behind a time limit, is more to do with the health complications for the mother having the termination, rather than for esoteric reasoning, religious, pro-life, pro-choice etc..

I made my beliefs/opinion quite clear above, so keeping this answer neutral =)

Regards,
T

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

God has given every one a purpose in life, what right have you got to take that away?

Since the man in the OPs video likes to equate the holocaust to modern day abortion, I'll walk down that road too; what purpose did God give Hitler? Killing millions of people just because he felt like they didn't deserve to live?

You know, I would've answered the man's question regarding going back in time and killing Hitler's mother a bit differently than the people the video highlighted. I would've said "No, the mother didn't know Hitler was going to become what he did...I would have however given her some strongly worded literature promoting abortion."

The holocaust and murder of millions of people simply because someone hates who they are and what they do does not equate to one woman (or even millions of women) going through an emotional, personal ordeal and making a clear, possibly beneficial choice for herself and her family.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

1)again, for the thousanth time, no one is claiming it isn't life. You all keep jumping to this, but NO ONE is claiming it. Empty rhetoric.

Ummm HELLO! Knock knock is anyone home? YOU have stated twice that science disagrees with me when I argue that life begins at conception. Maybe you should clarify your point or simply admit that you're wrong.

Are all anti-choicers this dense? I have said at least half a dozen times that there is life involved, but that it is not a baby.

I used to think you were making stuff up and twisting words to make a point....now I think you just aren't very bright.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

no human is killed with abortion

If it's not a human, then what is it? If it is human, then it's murder.

Its simply a cluster of cells.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You don't have a clue what life is yet you are arrogantly speaking about when fetus's life begins to silence your conscience.
It could be even before your first kiss.
Weren't you told your body is sacred?

In Genesis 38:9, the wicked Onan “spills his seed” upon the ground (practicing the withdrawal method) rather than inseminate his brother’s widow. God kills Onan for the crime of having squandered the divine substance.

There may be another reason in that case but shouldn't we try to learn how to be sacred rather than worse than animals?
Some of you people are fatally brainwashed by devil. Sad to say...
edit on 17/2/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
You don't have a clue what life is yet you are arrogantly speaking about when fetus's life begins to silence your conscience.

In Genesis 38:9, the wicked Onan “spills his seed” upon the ground (practicing the withdrawal method) rather than inseminate his brother’s widow. God kills Onan for the crime of having squandered the divine substance.

There may be another reason in that case but shouldn't we try to learn how to be sacred rather than worse than animals?

I knew it noone can make this argument with out quoting the Bible or saying "God says" Please can anyone argue this without resorting to religious arguments?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Originally posted by vkey08

I knew it noone can make this argument with out quoting the Bible or saying "God says" Please can anyone argue this without resorting to religious arguments?

You'd need to ask in another universe. His universe is a very religious one

But how are you going to ask without a mouth?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

Originally posted by vkey08

You'd need to ask in another universe. His universe is a very religious one

But how are you going to ask without a mouth?

Problem some of us aren't Christian, and therefore do not believe as you do in that book.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eatbliss
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Very well stated. No one seems to even mention over population when it comes to the abortion issue. Do 'some' misguided folks, due to their religious programming, think that their God enjoys our experience of overpopulation, over use and depletion of resources, and the woes of starvation? Also, why do many of these same Christians support our many wars throughout history? Isn't war about killing? How do they justify it, and if they truly do not, why are they not as passionate about ending (and never getting involved in) the wars America fights? How can one justify the practice of medicine, at all, as it may be God's will for someone to die or be in pain? The way I see it, according to the Ten Commandments it states simply, "Thou Shalt Not Kill." Notice, (especially all of you folks who love to take the Bible literally) that it does not state what you should not kill. It just says not to do it. Unfortunately, no matter if you are a hardcore vegan, or a rip and tear omnivore, one has no choice but to kill to eat. So, understanding all of this, the answer is quite simple:Christians should stop eating, immediately. That would take a big chunk of the population out, allowing more resources for everyone 'left behind', therefore curbing many abortions that are happening due to parents not being able to afford children, and since the Christians are no longer disobeying the 6th commandment, they can go to heaven with a clear slate. See? Everybody wins. Your thoughts? LOL

Hey, I think he's on to something here, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Mmm, I know. But this is a fundamental question. How can you cover it ignoring the source of your life and all ethic? Don't expect this voice will just shut up. It's too serious. You see where the world is heading. How far shall we move the border? The same spirit you can see behind GMO and all the insane stuff around us. You may name it differently but you feel what's right and when you are "sinning".

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Oh I get it, its all because god says......

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

Mmm, I know. But this is a fundamental question. How can you cover it ignoring the source of your life and all ethic? Don't expect this voice will just shut up. It's too serious. You see where the world is heading. How far shall we move the border? The same spirit you can see behind GMO and all the insane stuff around us. You may name it differently but you feel what's right and when you are "sinning".

Man your good, did god give you the power to read other peoples minds? Or do you just stereotype everyone you see?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by Viesczy

How many trillions upon trillions of different insects exist in the world?...

How many trillions of birds exist in the world?...

Are they too much for you as well and must be brought to almost extinction according to the likes of you?...

There are not "too many humans on Earth". This is a lie perpetrated by sociopaths who have become so brainwashed that they prefer to devalue human life over anything else.

These are part of the same sociopaths who want to sequester atmospheric CO2 so that there are less harvests worldwide and more people can die of starvation...

This is the level of devaluing of human life that these sociopaths have come to believe is "necessary" because apparently they know exactly what the Earth needs...

You understand the difference in what you've said and what I've said?

The animals you've listed are supported by their natural environment, the balance of nature allows their numbers and the population is kept in control via predation and natural selection. See my next to statements for unnatural processes.

The talking monkeys that we happen to be are only supported by manipulating the environment and depleting its resources, an unnatural process. For the rest of the world to eat the way that Americans eat the land area needed is several times greater than the Earth.

Populations that grow out of control never do well. Don't believe me, check out the condition of the deer population in PA. I see and know that first hand.

The only person that is espousing extinction of life is you, by allowing one population to grow unchecked all other species suffer first and that species then suffers.

Putting more CO2 into the atmosphere creates better harvests... how has that degree in alternative chemistry lined your pockets? Bet it hasn't! The only thing that limits harvests are rich pr!cks who don't grow as much to artificially inflate a demand for their crop, or the gov't pays them to do so.

As far as sociopath, you understand the definition right? I aced psychiatry, I certainly understand the definition. The only sociopathic tendencies mentioned are closer to your words and your homo sapien centric view point. Really. I hope that you'll realize that... typically sociopaths don't though.

You have my sympathies.

Derek

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join