It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"180" Movie - A Few Minutes that may change your mind about Abortion

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yatrsiri
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Find out what the spirit says about abortion and many other subjects relayed through automatic writing: messages2012.blogspot.com

The spirit? Seriously?

Thats even worse than quoting the bible on this topic....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Nice changed my opinion on alot of things

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ForgetMe

You just signed up and already, a single article has changed your mind?

Something doesn't sound right here.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForgetMe
Nice changed my opinion on alot of things

Enlighten please, how this thread changed your opinion, which way it changed it and exactly what you mean by that comment. Here's a little tip, generally one line comments that add nothing to the ongoing discussions are frowned upon... and if you do it enough times, the mods take notice.

So pelase expound away...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

It doesn't until we realize we can't force our BELIEFS on other people

It doesn't matter what you BELIEVE, its wrong plain and simple. People are too stupid on this planet so I don't blame anybody for not understanding and quit trying to twist my words I said nothing about war.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

It doesn't matter what you BELIEVE, its wrong plain and simple. People are too stupid on this planet so I don't blame anybody for not understanding and quit trying to twist my words I said nothing about war.

You BELIEVE it's wrong, but it isn't. Aborting a technical parasite before it has its own brainwaves is not wrong. Forcing your beliefs on women and others IS wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

You BELIEVE it's wrong, but it isn't

Nah man, I know its wrong there is a huge difference.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

"knowing" something is wrong is believing it's wrong, mate.
People "know" God exists, i.e. they believe he does, but that doesn't make them right.
Others, bad people mostly, "know" (believe) stealing is good when it honestly isn't, but that's what they believe ("know").

ETA: If it's "wrong", why is it legal, exactly?
edit on 21/2/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well how about I know your wrong. Now what.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It is? really? Honestly?

Personally under certain circumstances I don't think it is, am i therefore by your definition, wrong?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Ahhh yes, the old "cuz I sayz so" argument.....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yup, cuz im almighty know it all didn't you get the memo? lol

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that people on ATS are nothing but a bunch of hoax screaming abortion loving naysayers, that come here to find out the truth about things but then when they finally find out...nothing changes. I guess that brainwashing has been doing its job, and no I'm not just saying this because you guys disagree with me on this thread, its everywhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oh jeez, just when I thought I could put this one to rest...

Originally posted by vkey08

This has to be the most insensitive sexist drivel I have heard in a long long time..

Well normally I would apologize for offending you, but I'm pretty sure I specifically addressed the MEN in this thread.

Men and Women are equal...

... except when it comes to abortion and all other parental rights.

Oh and to all men who keep telling me drivel like this... I add When you can give birth, you can tell me what to do about a pregnancy, until then, when you dont' have to go through the hell that it is, you have NO RIGHT to pull that sort of BS.. The moment a man gets pregnant, i will change my mind on this one.

And this has got to be the most insensitive and sexist drivel I have heard in a long long time.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I have come to the conclusion that people on ATS are nothing but a bunch of hoax screaming abortion loving naysayers, that come here to find out the truth about things but then when they finally find out...nothing changes. I guess that brainwashing has been doing its job, and no I'm not just saying this because you guys disagree with me on this thread, its everywhere.

I think you have jumped to conclusions, but you have every right to do so. Obviously you can't classify people into two groups, life doesn't work that way, there is always a spectrum, with people ending up on any part of it. I think a lot of people are pro choice, because there needs to be discretion in each situation. If you illegalize it outright, there is no discretion, there is no choice. I don't think it is as simple as, people just don't want to have to deal with kids, but they want to have a lot of sex. Things are never that simple. I want to know what truth you are referring to that after we've found out we've refused to change our minds.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I think there should be laws put in place that gives men more of a say. As of now it is completely up to the woman, and the father has no say in the matter. I've personally experienced someone who didn't not want the kid, until she realized she could get a check in the mail every month from the father if she did. The father prior to having any relationship with this woman, was told by her, that she was medically unable to have a child. The child was a surprise, the father ended up feeling pressured into a situation he did not want to be in, and just left. Went outside of the country. Now the mother who only decided to keep the kid for monetary reasons could care less for the kid. Not a very good situation.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
reply to post by Bone75

You are Foster Friess, aren't you?

Honestly I had no idea who this guy was until you asked me that, but after a little research I must say... thanks for comparing me to someone that has achieved all of this:

Childhelp Spirit of the Children Award, 2010 Paul Weyrich Award, Benefactor of the Year, 2009 Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Award presented by the Champ Humanitarian of the Year presented at the National Charity Awards Dinner Canterbury Medal from the Beckett Fund for Religious Liberty[15] Adam Smith Award from Hillsdale College[16] Albert Schweitzer Leadership Award from Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Foundation[17] David R. Jones Award for Leadership in Philanthropy[18] Thomas J. Reese Award from Catholic Charities tribute in 2001 Medal of Distinction from the University of Delaware[19] Maryvale, AZ "Man of the Year" Award Citizen of the Month, Jackson Hole, WY Rotary Club Delaware Business Leaders Hall of Fame Honorary Degrees from Pepperdine University, Regent University, and Goldey Beacom College

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm truly honored.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Your right man, people want to have alot of sex but dont want to live up to the consequences.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So you get called out by multiple people to prove your point, and all you do is personally attack people?
I'm not an "abortion loving" person. I personally hate it as I've had to live through it. However, that doesn't mean abortion should be illegal. It should be a choice for every woman out there that's in a tough situation.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Your right man, people want to have alot of sex but dont want to live up to the consequences.

I take it you didn't fully read or comprehend what andersensm said.
He said it's not as simple as that. Meaning there's more to the story than people just wanting to have sex.

Sometimes, not having the child is the most responsible thing to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join