It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would you go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am a god loving, gun totting, freedom loving, capitalist. My family comes first. I am proud of my heritage. I revere our founding fathers and their obvious genius. I am a red blooded American. I am now obviously despised by my country. My business is gone. My freedoms are going. And I am at my wits end. I will not accept Obama’s health care chip implant. I consider it the mark of the beast. I do not agree with drone patrols flying over my house. The TSA can feel up somebody else who might enjoy it and keep their hands and voyeuristic eyes off me and my family. The good news? This isn’t the only place in the world. The question? Where is a family like mine supposed to go and prosper? I’d love to see your suggestions and reasons why. Where would you take your family if the good old U.S.A was too much for you to handle anymore?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Dont know where others would go but Im staying right here in Aotearoa NZ.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

Lol, yeah right. All of your cousins are in Australia anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

Canada is really nice. Hunting rifles are ok, but handguns aren't allowed in most provinces or have stricter guidelines for a license to own one.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Why don't you just get your country back, don't ask me how, but if you are so patriotic why would you leave?
I'm sick of people all across the world just moving to different countries once the economy goes to #. All people should just stay in their country and stop migrating.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think New Zealand is one of the most beautiful places on this earth! If I moved there I would not have to give up the mountains my family and I so love!

I used to manage a coffee shop with a kiwi from Auckland. She told me a lot about New Zealand and I have been interested since. Although your earth quakes scare me a little but heck I live well within the Yellowstone kill zone here but always figured if I go... I hope it is with a bang!

Do they have good beer there? May be a possibility. New Zealand 1.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

May not work I love my hand gun oh and some other........ guns.
edit on 2/15/2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Well that is what I am hoping for but I am just putting the question out there... Where would you go if there was no more hope. I love my country but my children more!

I will most likely stay where I am but I have thought about this several times and want the ATS community ideas. I know their are people from other nations and would love there input on their own country and what if you wanted to leave? Where would you go?

I do hope our country can hurry up and pull its self together.
edit on 2/15/2012 by restlessinMT because: my lazy spelling errors

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

True some of them are
and I bet most will run back if TSHTF

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Probably either Australia or like you said New Zealand, however, I lean more to Australia since it has the brightest future ahead of it. There is so much empty land across this continent that would be perfect for future development, and only 0.4% of the Australian landmass has been surveyed, and only 0.1% of our territorial waters.
When it comes to guns, I'm not sure about New Zealand, but in Oz we have gun control. But it doesn't mean you can't own a firearm, and there are plenty of things to shoot too.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexx790
reply to post by Jace26

True some of them are
and I bet most will run back if TSHTF

Thats exactly what I think, in the case of an invasion of Australia, or we somehow become a #hole, all the new migrants will just look for somewhere better. People should only migrate to other countries if they truly want to become part of that country.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Dont drink anymore but yes great beer, but Ive tried many imported beers that have been great as well. We also make great Sauvignon Blanc , just stay away from the reds (pinots are OK). . Aussie make great reds
Bad points.. Earthquakes, possible volcanic activity ,too many Sheep-le ,Auckland traffic. Useless public transport.
Good points..Small population 4.2 mil and the size of UK or Japan. More coastline than the US and mostly uninhabited. Can grow just about anything anywhere (export 95% of what we grow). Great quality water if youre out of the main centres. Not too hot and not too cold. Plenty of rain when needed. And 1500 km from the nearest continent (great for if TSHTF not so great for exporting/importing and tourism-so far away,transport costs) Plenty of Geo Thermal,Hydro and Wind energy.We burn very little fossil fuel.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Great point and one I totally agree with! Looking at other countries I have to consider how to make a living and being productive. There is also the prospect of having to learn a new language. We have looked at Finland because it is my husbands heritage and we do love our cord wood sauna and every home for sale in Finland features the sauna. That is central to our home but we also like our space .

If I move somewhere I need to be able to contribute and become a citizen hoping...... I guess the # does not follow us and take apart the lives of the people there as well because then there will be no leaving and no quarter!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

True Aussie could be an ecomonic powerhouse. Minerals for Africa..Our gun laws are similar to Aus,with endless
amounts of introduced pests/game to cull.Hunting and fishing is big business in NZ.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexx790
reply to post by Jace26

True Aussie could be an ecomonic powerhouse. Minerals for Africa..Our gun laws are similar to Aus,with endless
amounts of introduced pests/game to cull.Hunting and fishing is big business in NZ.

I know a lot of people say that Australia is a desert, yes true, but it is still land. Take a look at Israel, it is in the desert yet they have made it bloom with farms and forests.
There is no reason why "terraforming" on a massive scale can't work here. The technology already exists, but I suspect our population will need to double before the government decides to start filling up the deserts.
I've also heard of tide control to re-establish ancient rivers, diverting river systems from north queensland into the centre, creating artificial mountains to help with precipitation, permanently flooding Lake Eyre, and building an artificial sea in central Australia, all of these things are possible we just need a larger population to get the ball rolling.
I also remember reading about a German scientist in 1790s who stated that "New Hollands (Australia) vast desert inland will one day support a population of 100 million, it will one day support forests, and farms, oh yes the central New Holland is ripe for development."

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

I like Australia as well but you all have creepy of the creepiest critters. But I would gladly take them on with a big ass swatter than watch my children starve, freeze, get implanted, or anything else unnecessary.

Australia is the capital country for poisonous spiders and venomous snakes. There are poisonous spiders with enough venom to kill five grown men in minutes. Snake bites that can kill slowly or ensure the loss of a limb. Millions of tourists flock each year to this fantastic country with no problems at all. But there are some whose' vacation or whole life is turned upside down by a simple insect. Some people return home in bits with life endangering bites, stories to tell the grandchildren, if they have any. The waters around Australia are deadly as well.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Depends where in the country you live though, if you live in rural outback areas your more than likely to come across VERY deadly snakes, crocs,etc.
If you are in Northern Queensland your more likely to come across deadly spiders and dangerous sea life. If you are in southern Australia your more likely to come across deadly spiders, kangaroos (they are deadly).
I live in Southern Queensland and its just about right, I always find it funny when foreigners are so scared of all the deadly crap here, but if you walk around you'll see most Aussies only wearing thongs on their feet.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

I understand. Here we have rattlesnakes, moose, mountain lions, black widow spiders, black bears and the mother of them all grizzly bears. But I will tell you I'd rather meet a grizzly than a moose any day. Moose are mean and VERY huge and most people do not realize this. But our new thing is wolves. Yep wolves. They will take anything they can catch and I mean ANYTHING! And their numbers are growing.

Here is a photo of a wolf killed from the Nine mile area about 20 miles outside of Missoula MT. I have lived several years in Missoula and lots of people and kids live in the nine mile area. One of the reasons I carry a gun while in the woods. This wolf is huge!

Now don't go all crazy on me for the dead wolf pic everyone. I DO NOT HUNT PREDATORS! But I would shoot this big guy if I had too. Just wanted everyone to know how crazy these wolves have gotten up here!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Amazing, thats a massive wolf and I honestly had no idea they could get to that size.

One of our biggest animals that might get you scared are the Red Kangaroos which can grow well over a full grown man in height. Many tourists think they're adorable animals however, what most people don't know is that these animals can quite easily kill you. You can never get too close to them, even the smaller ones.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Wow. See I would have never known Red Kangaroos were so dangerous. You learn something new everyday. But I would not approach one anyways. Wild animals no matter the size are WILD. But if they are anywhere near your size or bigger.... I will give them all the respect and space they need away from me even more!

But I must say I also feel the same way with spiders. I Hate spiders!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join