It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News just outdid itself in disgusting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by neo96

Free speech is one thing, parading as a news organization and telling lies is another. There should be laws or a rating system in place that signify the trust worthiness of a news organization.

Sadly, the opposite is true. Fox has gone to a higher court to get the permission to lie to it's audience and censor the truth. If you still trust news from a organization which does this, you deserve to be conned and misled.

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

Back in December of 1996, Jane Akre and her husband, Steve Wilson, were hired by FOX as a part of the Fox “Investigators” team at WTVT in Tampa Bay, Florida. In 1997 the team began work on a story about bovine growth hormone (BGH), a controversial substance manufactured by Monsanto Corporation. The couple produced a four-part series revealing that there were many health risks related to BGH and that Florida supermarket chains did little to avoid selling milk from cows treated with the hormone, despite assuring customers otherwise.

According to Akre and Wilson, the station was initially very excited about the series. But within a week, Fox executives and their attorneys wanted the reporters to use statements from Monsanto representatives that the reporters knew were false and to make other revisions to the story that were in direct conflict with the facts. Fox editors then tried to force Akre and Wilson to continue to produce the distorted story. When they refused and threatened to report Fox's actions to the FCC, they were both fired.(Project Censored #12 1997)

Akre and Wilson sued the Fox station and on August 18, 2000, a Florida jury unanimously decided that Akre was wrongfully fired by Fox Television when she refused to broadcast (in the jury's words) “a false, distorted or slanted story” about the widespread use of BGH in dairy cows. They further maintained that she deserved protection under Florida's whistle blower law. Akre was awarded a $425,000 settlement. Inexplicably, however, the court decided that Steve Wilson, her partner in the case, was ruled not wronged by the same actions taken by FOX.

FOX appealed the case, and on February 14, 2003 the Florida Second District Court of Appeals unanimously overturned the settlement awarded to Akre. The Court held that Akre’s threat to report the station’s actions to the FCC did not deserve protection under Florida’s whistle blower statute, because Florida’s whistle blower law states that an employer must violate an adopted “law, rule, or regulation." In a stunningly narrow interpretation of FCC rules, the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation," it was simply a "policy." Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly.

www.relfe.com...
edit on 15-2-2012 by Drunkenshrew because: grammar

Wow, thanks for adding this info.

The article you added looks to me like; the couple reported the harms of GMO's, their fox boss's liked the reporting, but then were probably prompted by "higher ups" to add the false information (aka the statements by the representatives of Monsanto).

So it comes down to "higher ups" being the ones demanding the false information to be told instead of the truth. These "higher ups" would probably be the ones with relations to Monsanto, or any other company/corporations that own/share a part of the news network. What is it, like 4 corporations that own all major news networks? And those corporations have ties to other corporations that have an Agenda.

What i'm trying to say is; in most cases it's not just the ordinary news peoples that are using propaganda and pushing false information, but THEIR boss's. Who agrees? Enlighten me!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Don't know their place?

Woman in America shouldn't have a place to know.
Woman can be and do anything as good as or better than a man.
Just like Men be ad do anything as good as or better than a woman.

That's what's great about America, we don't adhere to outdated unequal cultural guidelines.

And the woman was presenting misleading information as far as her statistics..so you agree with that?

-.-

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm going to play devil's advocate here but, during basic training it is not uncommon to see both men and women's units sharing the same dormatory, and men and women both sneak around between the floors in the night screwing eachother, it's like a frat party up in there. You put single men and single women in the same dorm what do you think is going to happen? Sex and lots of it! In fact Ft. Leonardwood in M.O. the men and women share the same dormatory buildings, the men on the bottom floor and women on the top.

In this regard i wonder how much of it is really rape and not "buyers remorse"? It's been documented that women have been known to cry "rape" when they really were not raped but chose to play the rape card when they didn't want to be exposed for being the hoes they were, or didn't want their boyfriends or husbands to know they willingly cheated on them and maybe even enjoyed it. The "rape" issue is always a one sided argument in which no one ever thinks to do much investigation beyond the initial allegations

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by wlord

Woman in America shouldn't have a place to know.
Woman can be and do anything as good as or better than a man.
Just like Men be ad do anything as good as or better than a woman.

Although this statement feels good, it is not accurate.

Men and women are different. We must accept that. Different does not mean inferior, it means different.

We can have fully equal entities without having the same entities.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Not true. Ideology aside,...if you lived around coal mines you would see the majority of the HUGEST coal haulers in the world being driven by women! You know why? They are statistically less apt to take chances.
Same applies to combat. No offence to anyone but I can't see a landing craft full of women storming Normandy on June 6th, or a man standing behind them with a .45 give them choices of a bullet to the back pf the head or storm that bunker.
Revise: if it was a bunch f women scantily dressed taunting the women coming ashore then no weapons needed all hell is breaking loose....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So it is now OK to Rape if they are in the army?
so it must be ok to RAPE stripers and pole dancers.
They are Just asking for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
i just want a house wife, not a soldier

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The solution to rape in the military is simple - don't send men into combat.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I fail to see what you all are so upset about.
She is saying it like it is.

The gist of what she is saying is that women do not belong in stressful war situations with men.
The inevitable of men and women being together in such event is sure to happen.
Women know this; or should; or someone should tell them.
Are there separate privies for men & women in fox holes or the equivalent at the "front"? Are there even privies?

These ultra-feminiests are really anti-feminists.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but a person can't be on this site "Denying ignorance" and also defending FOX News. I never see people from either side defend MSNBC or CNN with the passion of a FOX News viewer.

You just have to admit. If you watch FOX News, and think for EVEN A MOMENT that it's anti-establishment, you are so delusional. They are the network that propagates invasions, military action, panders to religion, promotes muslim fear, and supports the top 1% at all times.

Seriously, either Deny Ignorance or embrace FOX News. It is IMPOSSIBLE to do both.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

You're right. I just get a bit fired up when i hear things like "women should know their place", and that type of rhetoric..But i do agree with what you just said.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh Lord, why am I going to subject myself to the inevitable flaming that is to come? Ok, all the same, here goes. I am getting annoyed with the notion that everytime someone says something that we find offensive, we demand that they be fired. That's just re-branded PC...and no matter how you spin it, it's crap.

Firstly, the woman is of another generation, and they think differently than the modern generation. Don't believe me, sit down and talk with your folks or grandparents. It's the way they were brought up and that's that. This woman wasn't promoting an agenda, she was speaking her mind.

Secondly, her points are somewhat salient, if not a bit archane. I was in the Army for 9 years, and she's right, we had to constantly go to classes about sensitivity, I knew good men who got in serious career ending trouble for making jokes in the wrong company, and it's a recognized problem amongst those who serve. You can sit back and Monday morning quarterback it all you'd like, but if you haven't stepped up to the line and served and observed how this can cause real problems inside of units, then you're just speaking from an emotional and biased viewpoint no different from this woman.

My point is, I don't care if you disagree with her, but she has the right to speak her piece without being threatened by you and your demands for her being sacked as a result.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I was going to say something..but giving that I'm under age..I will not say anything on this video eww..

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

It's hard to believe that human beings could be as completely clueless as the OP and many subsequent "commenters".
Here are the facts children. When service women are captured, they are raped. Usually gang raped, in fact. This is particularly prevalent among Muslims, but has happened all through history.
This is the main reason that women are not allowed to serve in the infantry.
The leftists/progressives have ben pushing for women in the military for years, so that they can use the fates of women like Jessica Lynch as a weapon against our military.
That is all that is being said here. Sorry that it upset your little fantasy worlds, but real life has a habit of doing that to children.
Now, go back to your computer game, and maybe thank your mother for giving you a place to live your worthless lives.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I've seen this theory before.

In my time in the service, I have seen female Marines that throw out the wrong signals all the time. I've seen females that will flirt with everything that has something dangling between it's legs. And mostly, it's perceived as their attempt to use their [feminine parts] power to get their way and get off easy when things get rough. But there are some people who have a theory that some females are actually asking for rape just to cause drama and get some idiot in trouble. And also to get pregnant and get child support.

I've also heard a theory of why certain types of female even join the military. To get easy access to getting laid.

DISCLAIMER
I do not believe in any of these theories. I only put them here because I've heard them and thought I would just share it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Whoa, whoa, whoa. OK, hang on a minute. I think this woman could have CLEARLY stated her case a LOT better. HOWEVER, she does make a good point, even if it's only half the story. Let me explain....

The feminists did cry that they wanted to be treated equal in the military, and by golly, they stopped at nothing to make sure of that. I served in the Marine Corps when all the female equality issues were going down, LONG before the gay issue even thought about coming to light.

Now before anyone jumps on me, please continue reading what I have to say....I do NOT disrespect women at all, and I think they have vital roles in our military. I just think that some duties compromise a unit when women are present, and our government should have the right and authority to say "No!"

It's no secret that the vast (not all) majority of "grunts" are from less-than-stellar home situations, and typically have the lowest intelligence scores out of their counterparts in other fields. No, I'm not calling them stupid...I'm simply stating that the statistics show that those who are on the front lines fit a basic profile. Many of those who join simply to go "fight", do so because they think it will win them respect and admiration. All the wrong reasons!! This type of thinking stems from a severe lack of emotional maturity, which also leaves them wide open for gang and group mentality issues, such as the ones we've seen in the news lately. Keep reading....I'm almost to the point....

Now, given what I've just outlined above, this is an unfortunate "given" that comes with the warrior crowd. You can't get rid of it. Some will crack under pressure and lose it, some won't, some will go rabid and do atrocious things, and some won't. The very basic nature of testosterone mixed with adrenaline in this setting is a bomb waiting to explode when a woman is placed in their midst. OK, so punish them, kick them out, yada, yada, yada....but it will NEVER change the formula by which this was allowed to surface to begin with. It will continue to happen, because of it's very nature. It just will.

Now, is it her fault? Usually no. Although, in every case I've heard of, the girl put herself in a situation that was just stupid. Then it's unfortunate that something terrible happens to them. For instance, I pay car insurance. But if my car gets stolen and they find out I left it unlocked...oh well, too bad, so sad. I'm SOL. It's the same situation here, in my opinion. Why take the chance? I knew a gal that use to walk around the barracks in men's boxers and her athletic bra. It was no surprise when I found out she had been gang raped one night. Did she ask for it? Did she deserve it? No, but did she advertise and take a stupid chance? YES!! Keep that stuff locked up at all times, for God's sake! If you don't want something stolen, don't put it in a situation where you know there might be thieves.

I feel the same way about the front lines...I don't think women belong there, simply due to the amount of testosterone and adrenaline that pumps through the bodies of all the men around her. Sure, crack down on them, but why subject her to that chance at all?

Now...on top of all this, women do like to play the victim a lot. I see this all the time. Sure, there are legitimate cases, but most just make me shake my head. For instance, women come into the military and decide they want babies. Yay, babies!! Have them for free!! But wait a minute...little momma wants to breastfeed and needs time off for this and for that, and because baby is sick, or daycare is full, or whatever. I've seen women take the military to court because they aren't allowed to pump every two hours. God, do you know what that does to a unit's productivity and morale?

Don't get me wrong. I am ALL FOR equality and women serving their country. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want a family, then get out and make a family and do it RIGHT. Don't make God and everyone else jump through hoops and be miserable because you want your career AND breast pumping time every two hours. This is just a simple example of how this is NOT equality. Men don't have babies, nor do they breastfeed. It is impossible to instill "equality" between two sexes that simply are not equal. Notice I did NOT infere superiority or inferiority here!! I have the utmost respect for women, but I think it smacks of selfishness and self-entitlement when a women puts the morale of her unit at risk because she wants a family, or because some guy raped her because she paraded around in her underwear. Not all "invite" attacks...let me make that clear. But in every case I've heard, (and I've heard of plenty), she behaved in less than respectable ways. I don't think she WANTED or DESERVED to be raped, but once again, lock it up!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Anyone still supporting Fox News BS...

Fox's Bolling Repeats Discredited Myth That 9/11 Attacks Had "Footsteps" That Could Be Traced "Right Back To Saddam"

Basically saying that the Iraq war was alright because Saddam helped 9/11..

Fox News are the same ones who shilled for war... torture... patriot act... etc... just like CNN, MSNBC... they are all scum and disgusting.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
I though her statements were fine and the numbers back them up.
Seems a few women like to complain about everything.
If a woman goes to war and doesnt expect to get raped she is kidding herseslf. Its just a matter of fact.

Men are trained in war to be less compassionate and more primal.

Wow...In just a few sentences you managed to debase Men, Women and the US Military.

Women should not expect to get raped ANYWHERE.

Maybe you should have a conversation with an actual US Soldier, you will find the vast majority live by a code of conduct superior to your own.

This post ranks as one of the more disgusting I have seen on ATS.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
i just want a house wife, not a soldier

Lord...are you in for a suprise

What makes you think a "housewife" would be more apt to follow orders than a soldier?

All kidding aside. Most men I know who search for a docile wife to clean and cook for them end up very unhappy.

Many of those women that you imagine as the docile wife often rule the roost, they just do it in a non-aggressive manner. Appearances are deceptive.

I know two work friends who imported their wives from Europe years back with an eye toward the "traditional" "Subserviant" wife...They are both divorced and took a financial beating. Both wives upgraded to men with more money in short order.

Any woman who never speaks her mind and looks to be eager to serve and be the perfect housewife....is playing you and you can expect to be well used by the time it is over...just like you planned to use her. Life is funny that way. God has an ironic sense of humor.

just a bit of advice

edit on 16-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Talk to me when you start holding CNN,MSNBC,ABC,CBS,NBC,CURRENTTV to the same standards you set for Fox News.

This argument is so dumb, it is literally something I would expect to hear from my two year old.

Why do I have the obligation, when I am presented with the garbage spewing from this woman's mouth insinuating that feminism leads to rape, to have to do a cursory audit of every single news organization in existence in order to make a comment on that filth?

Her statement is garbage. You said yourself that she has the right to say it. If she has the right to say reckless, stupid things on national television with no support whatsoever, why do I have to do a comprehensive lit review of the medium that broadcast it in order to respond to it....and state that lit review as an addendum to my comment, or else my post is invalid?

You're somehow giving her a pass for being a moron, on the assumption that we have showed bias in the past. Not only that, but you're taking the intellectual high ground for it. That is absurd.

This truly sick thing is that you think that your response somehow equals rigor of thought. Unplug your gas mask, I think something is preventing enough oxygen from reaching your brain.

In my opinion, the person who dishonestly defends misogynistic statements is a misogynist. If you'd like to respond to that charge, make sure you do a comprehensive survey or racism, sexism, and feminist thought or else I'll just call you stupid, like you did to us.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Jiggyfly because: Misquote, the reply should go to Neo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join