It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News just outdid itself in disgusting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I think this is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on TV...

I mean there's free speech... but seriously, free speech shouldn't stop people from treating someone like they deserve to be treated... in this case, a disgusting human being.

Transcript :
Liz Trotta: Military Women Should Expect To Be Raped

Shawn: So this is now causing a controversy?

Trotta: Well, it’s a controversy that won’t be a controversy because of political correctness. But we have women once more, the feminist, going, wanting to be warriors and victims at the same time. So what is the news? The news is that the Pentagon is going to add 14,000 more jobs for women in the military, but the overall ban against serving in the infantry, in special operations units, and combat tank units, is still in place. Well, you may ask, why did 140 women die in Afghanistan and Iraq if this ban was in place? Well, the whole way we wage war has changed enormously. No front lines, no clear delineation of where troops are. Women can be attached to battalions, but they can’t actually be in battalions. That would get down to the real guts of how we fight wars—and that is being a member of the infantry.

But while all of this is going on, just a few weeks ago, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta commented on a new Pentagon report on sexual abuse in the military. I think they have actually discovered there is a difference between men and women. And the sexual abuse report says that there has been, since 2006, a 64% increase in violent sexual assaults. Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact, the whole airing of this issue has never been done by Congress, it’s strictly been a question of pressure from the feminist.

And the feminists have also directed them, really, to spend a lot of money. They have sexual counselors all over the place, victims’ advocates, sexual response coordinators. Let me just read something to you from McClatchy Newspapers about how much this position on extreme feminism is costing us. “The budget for the Defense Department’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office leapt from $5 million in fiscal 2005 to more than $23 million in fiscal 2010. Total Defense Department spending on sexual assault prevention and related efforts now exceeds $113 million annually.” That’s from McClatchy Newspapers.

So, you have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much.

Shawn: Well, many would say that they need to be protected, and there are these sexual programs, abuse programs, are necessary—

Trotta: That’s funny, I thought the mission of the Army, and the Navy, and four services was to defend and protect us, not the people who were fighting the war.

Shawn: Well, you certainly want the people fighting the war to be protected from anything that could be illegal.

Trotta: Oh, look, I mean, that’s—nice try Eric. This whole question of women in the military has not been aired properly, and it’s the great sleeping giant.

Sorry but to all of you who say this is edited and are defending this witch, the transcript makes it clear that she's a lunatic.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm honestly not sure which makes me angrier:

That she says that women who want to serve their country are asking to be raped.

That in saying this, she implies that men are stupid, uncontrolled beasts.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yes she saying a few things..
- Men are uncontrolled rape machines
- It the fault of the women for putting themselves in the situation and being raped
- It's the women fault for being ``too much raped``
- It costs a lot of money to help rape victims

Just totally disgusting...
edit on 15-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is really to much.
They really should apologize and put her job in the trash bin.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Fox news? Was this being reported as news at the top and bottom of the hour or was this part of the typical opinion based show that is used as filler by all the cable news networks?

For all the folks crying about fox news, please tell me what network you pimp and I will have no problem pulling up stuff from your network of choice that should make you cringe.

Only ignorant people confuse the programming on these networks for "news". Those ignorant useful idiots are pitted against each other by simplistic methods that are beyond their understanding.

If you like I can pull up a ton of things from CNN, msnbc, abc, NBC, CBS........that will make the same thread as you just did here.

Oh yeah, cry cry cry fox news is so evil...cry cry.....never mind the fact that in order to come to that conclusion means your ignorant of reality.

And yes, I dislike fox news. But I also have the ability to see reality, which allows me to post the way I do. The sad thing is there are too many ignorant people out there that lack the ability to see reality in the wider sense......thus we get threads about people crying about one news organization over another, while ignoring the root cause....which is demand. Get it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Wow, so everybody in the army wants to rape people? And every women in the Army is wanting to be raped? So girls join the army, knowing everybody's a rapist - therefore, the girls want to get raped? That's what i just took from that mental bitch's mouth..Wow

Who gives these type of people air time? The woman should of been slapped off the chair. I can never understand what gives these women this type of mind frame, in fact - it goes for all people, how do you come to these types of conclusions?

To me it seems this woman has been involved with woman's rights too much and is swallowing every bit of dodgy statistic, twisting it and going the full work on it, she needs to relax and get some male friends lol

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Complete ignorance.....how can someone be "raped too much"?
Is there an amount of rape that is "just right" or acceptable?

This is one of the reasons why I don't watch tv.
I only hope that ignorance isn't contagious.
edit on 15-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

clips obviously been edited

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You guys are missing the whole point here. It has nothing to do with fox news. It has everything to do with the ignorant useful idiots who confuse this crap with real news.

It doesn't matter what network you ignorantly subscribe to, they aim their programming at the lowest common denominator (you). And you gladly walk right into their trap.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Liz Trotta ....

She's a news contributor with a bunch of Emmys or something.
I doubt that FOX knew she was going to be such an idiot.
I also doubt that you'll be seeing her asked to be a guest ever again - on ANY news network.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Obvious troll is obvious.

Especially on TV.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Well, men who rape are stupid and should be put down. No buts or ifs

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I disagree with this stupid woman and I'm certainly not going to mention / look up her name because its not worthy of a place in my memory.

Women in the armed services do not deserve to be raped because they are doing their jobs. They didn't sign up to be raped, its not their fault. Having said that I have to inject a bit of realism in this debate. Its not surprising that some of these men who sign up are goons, who if they hadn't signed up might be spending time in a penitentiary somewhere. Its also a fact that abuses go on in the field, most of those abuses are against enemy forces (or worse, civilians). In this type of atmosphere, combined with high stress etc it makes the chances of a being abused higher. Those with a perceived weakness might be bullied and sexual abuse / rape can occur.

There isn't an easy answer as these things will happen, however, the military must make it as clear as crystal that sexual abuse / rape will not be tolerated. Perhaps a rumor should be officially sanctioned that those that indulge in such 'activity' may be executed by any soldier who will be pardoned for doing so. Either way, this type of thing must be stamped upon.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm honestly not sure which makes me angrier:

That she says that women who want to serve their country are asking to be raped.

That in saying this, she implies that men are stupid, uncontrolled beasts.

I'm not sure what makes me angrier.That you can't figure out that this video is obviously EDITED.Or that you just feel like bitching on ATS.
edit on 15-2-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Game, set, match! You hit the nail right on the head. The lefites bitch about FOX and the righties bitch about MS'___' and CNN. None of wish stick to reporting hard news. They are "discussion and opinion" formatted stations and nothing more. There is very little straight, hard news.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

what is disgusting is editing multiple clips together in the way this has been done - why is the clip composed of multiple segments ? -

the answer is simple - to creat controversy - why none existed

i want to see the full un-eddited broadcast - it will sound radically different

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

You missed the point. By saying that these women were asking to be raped, she's assuming a-priori that a good many of these service men are potential rapists.

She's implying that the servicemen are, in general, uncontrolled animals.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Th video is edited too much for me to accept it.. It could be edited to screw with the context. At same tim I know fox news sucks.. 3rdly, this seem more like a video to recruit people than a video to show how grotesque fox nws is.. Which may be close to violation of t&c. Though I doubt its you asking for names on a petition.. Still though.. Too much editing.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
You guys are missing the whole point here. It has nothing to do with fox news. It has everything to do with the ignorant useful idiots who confuse this crap with real news.

It doesn't matter what network you ignorantly subscribe to, they aim their programming at the lowest common denominator (you). And you gladly walk right into their trap.

Actually I think it is you that is missing the point. All you have done is defended fox news, saying that they are all like that. How about talking about the subject?

This attitude of shrugging shoulders and saying 'they are all like that', instead of analysing the reason why the issue has been raised in the first place is just what irresponsible journalists want. What we, the people must do then, is to highlight the worst examples of their profession and to condem it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

So it makes you angry that I'm stating my opinion on an Internet discussion forum... ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join