It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News just outdid itself in disgusting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
My god, how difficult is it to do a quick google search and find an unedited version?

Here on the webiste of media matters, is for example the unedited version plus transcript.
mediamatters.org...

The unedited version doesn't change Trotta's repugnant views. But Trotta has uttered similar trollish opinions before. She once ”joked” about assassinating Obama and equated him with Osama.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Somebody put that mad dog down!! It makes more sense to me to get rid of the gangsters and thugs in the military and prosecute the rapists and put them in prison for a long time. Being a GI should not be a free pass to act like an ahole.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Didn't miss the point, buddy just making an extra comment not diminishing yours my friend

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
CABLE NEWS RACE
NITE OF FEB 13, 2012

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,292,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,117,000
FOXNEWS BRET BAIER 1,908,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,811,000
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1,788,000
FOXNEWS THE FIVE 1,744,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,632,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,509,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 944,000
CNN PIERS MORGAN 901,000
MSNBC MADDOW 901,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 861,000
CNN COOPER 825,000

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Liz Trotta ....

She's a news contributor with a bunch of Emmys or something.
I doubt that FOX knew she was going to be such an idiot.
I also doubt that you'll be seeing her asked to be a guest ever again - on ANY news network.

I don't know if she is reading someone else's stuff or this is her speaking..BUT I assume i is her, and what I am seeing is an older Woman.

She comes from a generation that felt a woman should not be in the military, she should be at home cooking and if her dress was to short and she was raped, well what do you expect we all KNOW men cannot control themselves!

Unfortunately as a Woman who had a husband cheat on me from the beginning to the end of a 22 year marriage with every waitress and secretary he met..and Men around me with that we can't help it we are Men attitude I can see where she gets some of her feelings. We need some changes for sure!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

By reading the transcript and not listening to voice inflections I have to look at context. I believe, I may be wrong , but I think she is saying men and women should not serve in combat situations together especially since the the structure of combat has changes to 4th generation warfare. Soldiers rape women. They do. It is military history 101. It is unfortunate but IT IS A FACT. Americans rape, Russians rape, Nazis raped, rape is in every society and war proliferates it. She is saying we are using resources for something that doesn't work, men & women in combat 2gether. Then the feminists are pushing the Pentagon for them to allow and forcing them to provide resources for a system that DOES NOT WORK FOR POLITICAL CORRECTNESS SAKE. I have served in combat. It is absurd. When I left my group they were allowing women on ships first as training. Anyone could see what was down the pipeline. 1/3 of women left pregnant after a deployment. They prostituted themselves. Men acted like spastic sex monkeys because at 18-19 hormones are raging mixed with adrenaline and fear of death and you get a cocktail for disaster. I think the editing was to spin her and you guys are falling for the edit propaganda.

PS AS a historical note many times Nazi soldiers saved Jewish women from being raped by Russian soldiers. It is heavily documented and a very interesting study.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, don't women get raped WAY more then MEN?

Isn't the armed forces mostly men?

Have you ever heard about a US soldier who was a man being raped?

I think that this needs to be taken in context with facts. Sure it's bad to be raped, but men like women and soldiers are lonely men. Just think about that for a second. If there is a female in the unit she will automatically be targeted. If I was a woman I might be a feminist, but there are people who think this way haha!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Signs up to go to warzone.. worries about being raped.

What about that doesn't make sense? Poster on the first page is right.. Fox news is trolling.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

i want to see the full un-eddited broadcast - it will sound radically different

no, no it will not.

This was on the Daily Show last night. Some pretty funny comments were made about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Media Matters on the subject...

February 12, 2012 5:24 pm ET by Andy Newbold

During a segment about new rules regarding women in the military, Fox News contributor Liz Trotta attacked the Department of Defense for increasing spending on support programs for victims of sexual assault. Trotta also reacted to a Pentagon report showing a 64% increase in violent sexual assaults since 2006 by stating: "Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact."

Trotta began by claiming "we have women once more, the feminist, going, wanting to be warriors and victims at the same time" and later added that feminists "have also directed them, really, to spend a lot of money. They have sexual counselors all over the place, victims' advocates, sexual response coordinators. ... you have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much."

When Fox News anchor Eric Shawn said that "many would say that they need to be protected," Trotta replied: "That's funny, I thought the mission of the" armed forces "was to defend and protect us, not the people who were fighting the war."

More here with more videos: mediamatters.org...

This is nothing short of disgusting for sure.

This was also on the Daily Show last night, yes. But it's not funny. Although the bit about her brain trying to escape was pretty priceless.

This coming on top of the idiot Santorum saying a man's first instinct in battle would be to protect a woman. These people are neanderthals and cretins.

I honestly don't even know what to say anymore. Words fail. If someone doesn't clearly see what's wrong here, they never will.

edit on 2/15/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I sure won't defend this reporter's attitudes...and Fox has favored the bimbo type reporters for a few years now. This looks like a bimbo without the cute looks of most eye candy Fox puts up for the viewers, but still seems about as empty between the ears.

Having said that......the underlying point isn't without merit. Not the rape being the fault of victims...but women in front line military operations being a bad idea. Lets face it...our society really gets off on two things. Violence and Sex. Mixing the two was never a good idea. Women may be 100% physically capable....and God knows, I've met a few women who make the men look weak...but society has it's realities and ignoring them for the cause of social experimentation is foolish with predictable results.

Doing this all while in the middle of shooting wars with another ramping up to start is criminally stupid.
Last I checked, we're having a hell of a time winning much of anything right now, WITHOUT the social experiments. Lets save this garbage for post war times with peace time garrison. Work out the bugs when people aren't dying in the middle of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You know what the least shocking thing about this interview is? That it aired on FOX News.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Looky here another Fox News Bash thread it's not like any of you people watch it in fact you have to go to youtube and other websites to "dig up news".

Funny Fox News gets a bad rap for what a lot of people in this thread did.

Pot meet kettle.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So I guess you like what Fox news does? You come here and read about it to complain about it in real life to people so you appear to have an alternate opinion. Then you come here and support it to maintain having an alternate opinion to what appears to be the popular one.

If I am wrong and you are steadfast in both real life and online about liking and supporting Fox then that just means you are inexplicably wrong on both fronts.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Simple fact if people hate Fox News don't watch it if you think people are just too stupid to think for themselves and need to be told what to think.

That is disgusting.

People are free to say and think what they want have a problem with that too bad because if that was the way it was suppose to go 90% of ATS posts should be gone.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
If I'm not mistaken, don't women get raped WAY more then MEN?

Depends on the criteria of your question.

If you research only civilian populations, than yes more women are raped than men. If you include incarcerated populations, than no, men are raped far more often than women.

Interestingly, if you correlate confinement with rape probability, it makes you wonder why they didn't expect this in the military? (The more confined the group, the more often the raping).

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Done and action taken.

This woman is a dinosaur and fine example of antiquity in evolution.

Her compassion is astounding.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Recognizing that one media outlet is corrupt does not necessitate the belief that all other outlets must be above reproach.

Please think before scolding others for something you have no knowledge they have done.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
One third of military sex victims are reportedly MEN who were raped by other men,

go figure so that reporter is so underinformed and as dumb as her conclusion

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's not that simple and you have to know it. We don't just not like it, we are fundamentally opposed to the idea. It doesn't end at not watching it, we have to keep track of their lies in order to combat the ignorance they spew. If we don't keep aware then how do we know what kind of b.s. is being given to the people that are unlucky enough to still believe American media still tells unbiased truths? It causes problems far beyond what simply not watching, can cure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join