It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truely disturbing... pint sized preachers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is only a shade more tasteful than the Westboro Baptists who have their kids spouting hate and vitriol, only they start off with 'fun' songs which were just Lady Gaga or other high profile songs but replace the lyrics with their own.

To me, children involved in ANY religious communications is wrong, because the child is coached and conditioned to believe what they are told by their elders, and have had no choice to decide whether what they believe is wrong, or whether they disagree with it.
And to come out of a religious institution and be confronted with opposite views can be a huge shock to the system.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

yeaaa I saw this too.

It's hard to determine exactly what is going on here whether it be divine inspiration or the fact that children mimic their parents behavior and always have since the beginning of the human race. So really, it might be him mimicking his loud mouth father lol.

Or maybe a little bit of both?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

joseph fritzl raised his daughter " his way " was that right ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I couldn't either, this one is available in the UK

by the way, it's horrible!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That's odd they are working fine on this end. All systems go.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Brainwashing at it's best!!

Could be young children with machine guns in African rebel armies.

Young girls being married off to old crusty men.

This is what scares me about all religions. The way they justify control by whatever means.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I watched this show for about 25 minutes then had to stop!! The father said it was good *training*....whatever, the kid in the beginning didn't even know who Moses was and he is gonna preach? He looked like he was being possessed by a demon, not the holy ghost!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

That's how religion has stayed so popular despite the lack of proof and all the inconsistencies in the fictional "good book". The previous generation of misled, ill-informed religious kooks works steadfast to ensure the lies continue through the next generation. I myself don't believe, but I never try to force that on my children. They will make their own minds up when the time comes along.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

I'm missing something.
Whats wrong with parents raising THEIR kids in THEIR way?

Nothing, it's called freedom.
Why do some people think it's ok to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny or aliens but teaching children that there is a God is somehow wrong?

I don't care what your beliefs are, somebody somewhere will disagree with you.
America was founded on religious freedom first and foremost.
Even if I disagree with what they teach their children it;s their right to do so in whatever manner they believe is best for the child. That is unless you think Child Protective Services are going to love that child more.

I have 4 sons by 2 different wives. 2 were raised in the church, 2 were not. All are adults now. All of them are good people but very different. I never forced my kids to go to church and let them decide what they wanted for themselves. They're all happy people too with a good sense of ethics, Who can say which way is better? I sure can't.

If you want freedom for yourself take care to guard the freedom of others.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Brainwashing is the devil.

'Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Freedom of religion is an individuals right to worship as they chose. Do you really think a four year old is capable of making such a decision or is the decision being made for him? For this boy this is the exact opposite of freedom. Freedom of religion my arse.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As a Christian, I think it is entirely possible that God can use children as preachers.

I also watched the show, and I think this is a combination of kids mimicking their parents and those same parents then "training" them (as the one minister said) to expand on their mimicking to put on a good show for their congregation.

I am also not a pentecostal (the majority of these kids were pentacostal or free will baptists, which are also very "performance" orientated), and find much of what the pentacostals do (speaking in tongues, "filling in the spirit", dancing and screaming, etc.) to be emotional sensationalism and showmanship then real worship. Again, I am not saying those things can't legitemetly happen in worship or during preaching, I just don't think the majority of the examples are really that from my personal experience and observations.

I would really like to know who these kids were "ordained" by. Because in most denominations to be ordained one must have some sort of degree, usually graduate level in theology or mnistry from an accredited seminary. I know in some small churches the church elders can "ordain" someone to preach in that local church, but to me that doesn't really count.
edit on 15-2-2012 by SrWingCommander because: add content

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Im guessing people are mad not so much at the fact of how they were raised, but how they act - right?

I mean I don't like it either, but its their choice. (Parents choice) Its like if they don't ask for candy and throw temper tantrums then they don't fit in with other kids who don't do that. It shouldn't be like that. Every kid is not going to grow up the same. Chill.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Officially disturbing.
It's robbing children of their childhood and innocence to have them banging down the hammer of God.
The children should be in sunday schools colouring in pretty pictures of Mary, Joseph and donkeys, not preaching like some possessed little devils.
To have a child raised with a solid religious background is one thing, but this is something else..

I do agree that the child is just emulating his father, however coming from England where most of our worship is dour and boring, rather than over hyped and fake we probably won't see many of these little demon's popping up screaming about jebus and mopping their bows in an overly theatrical fashion anytime soon.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
yeah, i was raised as a catholic (basically) i went to a catholic school and attended church once a week.

At one point i started to really get into the whole jesus thing untill one day i realised that everything everyone said about religion was always different to what other people said about it, no one seemed to be clear on what the hell they were worshipping/preaching/believing in and it made me, at the tender age of about 9 decide that i was being lied to, either intentionally (as is the case of the drunken, sadistic priest that covered up for and protected a child molester) or unintentionally (as is the case with the slightly less sadistic and border-line brain dead teachers that also covered up for and protected a child molester who was one of them)

So you know what, Screw religion, with a capital 'S'.

NO ONE WILL EVER TELL ME WHAT TO BELIEVE EVER AGAIN.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"I stopped believing in God when I realized God is doG written backwards." -Some movie I can't remember

Chill people. Up until the 19th 20th centuries kids were treated as little adults, they wore adult clothing and their parents indoctrinated them to the adult world in their own image. At least these kids have a strong loving community behind them to help them forward in life. TBH I'm more concerned about the kids beauty pageants, now that truly has the potential to # up your mind - but that's just my opinion.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Of course 4 year-olds can't make those decisions.

That leaves us 2 choices - either the parent decides or the state does.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The one thing that stood out to me in the second video is the mother. WTH is she not allowed to speak?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

It is not so much that its hard to believe in God as it is hard to believe in God as man has created him. I believe theocratic deities are all created in the image of man, for they share too many characteristics with mankind.

Religion has been a tool throughout history used to control the masses, therefore it must be discredited.

Whether a greater entity or creator exists we can never truly know, just like we can never truly know anything other than our own existence. Chances are, however, that if a god-like entity exists, he/she/it cares little for us. The proof is in the pudding.
edit on 15-2-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Also, I wouldn't call this "Truly disturbing".

Something truly disturbing would be like walking in on your mom doing your brother.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join