It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truely disturbing... pint sized preachers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is really disturbing to me that the parents of these children brainwash them to such a point that they emulate their parents and other members of the congregation. Jumping around, speaking in "tongues ", even asking for money from the flock.

Very disturbing indeed. These poor kids are being robbed of their childhoods, brainwashed and put on display. Really sad the lengths religious folks will go to rake in the bucks from their mindless flock.

Here's the whole episode.

edit on 14-2-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

The people putting these kids up to this nonsense are nothing more than pimps Imo. It honestly made me sick watching this rubbish.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

This should be child abuse, just like teaching your children that they will be tortured for eternity in hell if they don’t believe in some fictional book should be child abuse.

It’s disgusting and so damaging for the children and society.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Children of The Corn? I'm not as disturbed as I am confused.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Redeemer

Haha! Exactly what I thought about when I watched the video. Malechae (spelling?) and he who walks in the shadow of the rose. Classic. (Children of the corn reference btw)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It's funny you should post this tonight. I happened to have the channel on awhile ago and noticed this program running with, as you say, a pint size preacher. My first thoughts were that he sounded possessed by someone 4 times his age and a still someone who spent WAY too much time preaching. To realize it really was just a little kid was sick.

How long did it take? How many practice sessions and how much badgering and training? That kid didn't just talk similar to an adult, he had the inflections and nuances in his speech of any adult Preacher I've heard. He's FAR too young to have life experience to build those traits in his bearing and speech, so obviously it was trained into him.

I feel for him.....The kid, I mean. He really won't know what being a kid was like. Not given the work that must go into the pint size package it presents to the public.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I live in the deep South. Come about August, the tent revival preachers make the circuit on the outskirts of all the little rural towns. You can see the competition of the pimp-daddy's pushing their cloned pint sized preachers like blue ribbon pies at the county fair.

It's sickening, I tell you. It's child abuse. In 99 degree temps these little kids being forced, in suits, to rant and rave, while daddy and his shills pass the money collecting buckets.

It pisses me off!
edit on 14-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
yes to all above. this is very disturbing. poor little guy didn't even get a chance to discover life and evolve his own interpretation of things on an unbiased level. very dangerous programing.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ya it really is sad. It's like toddlers in tiaras for religious nuts.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by Destinyone

Ya it really is sad. It's like toddlers in tiaras for religious nuts.

They get more money off the children preachers. The gullible crowds think it's a miracle of sorts. As long as the adults can turn a damn dime off their kids, they'll keep doing it. I won't be surprised to see one have his own show on religious cable soon....

edit on 14-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Even as a Christian I think this is offensive. However, I suggest that this is a good reason to believe in God because people who exploit and use children will have to deal with Him some day, and it will not be this pretty.

Doesn't it at least make you curious how God would deal with them, even if you don't already believe in Him?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
Even as a Christian I think this is offensive. However, I suggest that this is a good reason to believe in God because people who exploit and use children will have to deal with Him some day, and it will not be this pretty.

Doesn't it at least make you curious how God would deal with them, even if you don't already believe in Him?

How about not waiting for God to deal with it...call CPS on some of these child abusers.....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

No?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm OK with that, too. I cannot and will not even begin to try and defend these people, and hopefully you can accept that believers and non-believers have many of the same characteristics and other beliefs. Otherwise, there would be fewer members at ATS.

Can I ask a question? Why does it sometimes seem so hard to believe in aliens, ghosts, or other paranormal, but not in God? I personally think God is who He is and He made the universe as mysterious as it is and I don't need to doubt Him just because these other things probably exist. In other words, I do not believe belief in God is mutually exclusive of any of the unexplained. In fact, I wouldn't want to get to heaven and be the one telling Him how to run His business.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is almost scary...

I am very disturbed by that little kid.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Can I ask a question? Why does it sometimes seem so hard to believe in aliens, ghosts, or other paranormal, but not in God?

It's because you’re trying to sell the idea of an extremely specific god with manmade rules and so on.
I’m sure if religion was just the idea in a nameless creator then a lot more people would find it easier to believe. But a lot of people just aren’t gullible enough to believe in a specific god that is so improbable its practically impossible.

People also need evidence and there is some 'evidence' to say that aliens etc. exist..
Whereas god and religions just have a book.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm missing something.
Whats wrong with parents raising THEIR kids in THEIR way?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
Can I ask a question? Why does it sometimes seem so hard to believe in aliens, ghosts, or other paranormal, but not in God?

For me, it's much easier to believe in aliens, ghosts and the paranormal than it is to believe in God. So, I guess it's a matter of perspective.

To the original post, I think it's disgusting, but as TheCommentator said, it's just an extreme version of the Big Lie religious people tell their children anyway. It's all lying to the children, IMO.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

By raising their kids their way do you mean raising them to pander for money from less intelligent and easily misled people? I mean the kid was asking for money, "give your money" he said at 1 time ha ha. All of his mannerisms and the way he acts on stage all point to him trying to emulate and please the very people that have brainwashed him. It's really sad and I'm sorry you don't see the potential negative affects on the child. He even pretends to speak in "tongues ". Disturbed

edit on 15-2-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

i remember in 2009, i went to see marilyn manson at glasgow and there was pile of christian protesters outside the venue. It started pouring down rain and they had this little girl who couldntv been more than 5 holding a sign saying "my saviour is better than mansons satan" theres no way she had a clue what that even meant.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Can't watch it. Neither video is available where I am.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join