It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truely disturbing... pint sized preachers.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I think it's close...to me seeing a one year old possed by the devil is distrubing. I had a hard time watching the now 4 year boy. It scared me to think the devil was speaking through him. It doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies to see this young child preach what he believes is the word of God. If this happened to my child at 1 years old I'm afriad I would have been looking into exorcism. I guess it's a good thing this child has blonde hair and not black like the boy that plays damon in the movies or It could scare me even more to think about.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Parents shape their child in their own image.

Which is worse, raising them in a faith they truly believe in with a congregation supporting them and developing a good self-image around family, community and love...

... or ones like these:

Don't second guess myself, I'm born to be wild, I'm the type of chick, That likes to rock the beat

And that monarch butterfly in the beginning means a lot for those in the know... and it's not pretty.

Let's Get Something Understood
I Feel Like If I Keep It Real I Can Hit The Hood
I Feel Like All This Money Gonna Make Me Hollywood
I Feel Like I'm Bad, It's All Good

So all this makes these child preachers look mild in comparison.

Is it right or wrong having a child preach? That's debatable, but they are in a community of love and faith, not being exploited, sexualized, or being taught negative, self-destroying patterns.

If I saw a Buddhist or Taoist child preaching their faith at 4 I would smile just the same.

Out of the mouth of babes…

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Very sick indeed. Here a vid I just watched, and yes these are possesed children, in a church with other possesed people being possesed. Its a spiritual orgy......ITS SICK!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Roman Emperor Caligula also made a horse a member of the Senate.

This is just as insane.

As a Christian, I believe that we come to Christ by choice. How can this young a child truly understand sin and redemption?

Although children are born from sin, both king David and Paul made mention that children were justified before God because they are too young to comprehend sinfulness and redemption.

It is only cognizance of the law, and cognizance of our transgressions that condemns us.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I hate people like thee posting here. The same type of people who say "People should be able to raise their children in anyway they want" That is unless it's not the way you want them to be raised. Step off Nazi's and mind your own business. Go take little parsley and baby tofu to whatever drugged out music festival you want but leave others to do their own as well.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Religion should not be taught to children. Only when they reach adulthood and can make their own mind up as to wether It's true or not.

Poor kids are doomed. Especially with parents that force their religions onto them.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

No clue what you're trying to say?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Religion should not be taught to children. Only when they reach adulthood and can make their own mind up as to wether It's true or not.

Poor kids are doomed. Especially with parents that force their religions onto them.

How are people doomed simply because they follow a different ideology than you do?

Because let's face it, let's acknowledge a simple fact: what ever you believe, what ever is the driving force behind your life, it DOES NOT MATTER. As long as it drives you forward and allows you to succeed in life it doesn't matter if you believe in God(major religions), accident(atheism) or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Whatever the "truth" is, it does not matter one bit when we look at the basics of life. What matters is that you have a healthy community, family and self-esteem behind you. Don't believe that earth revolves around the sun? Who gives a # if you manage to sustain yourself.

As I've gained experience in life I've learned this simple truth and learned to respect other views. And this is coming from an atheist/agnostic(still not decided).

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'm saying that hippies and bleeding heart liberals say that people should be allowed to do as they please that is unless it offends them in some way. It's not your child or your life so mind your own business.
edit on 15-2-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred

Oh don't get me wrong. I believe everyone has the right to choose how they want to live their lives. But do these children have a choice? No.

When a child believes that they are talking in tongues, that's not normal. That's child abuse.

Believe what you want. Even try to direct your children in a certain direction. But don't force extremism apon them. When the child grows, what part of this modern society could we expect him to fit into, when he is psychologically scared by his upbringing?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

joseph fritzl raised his daughter " his way " was that right ?

Physical child abuse is not the same as parents raising their kids with religion.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
For all the people commenting here, I would like to remind you that true Christianity is not a religion its a relationship.

As for the OP: Children pastors is biblically wrong as they are not old enough to understand what they believe.

This is not a true representation of Christianity being portrayed here. What you are witnessing are cults/possessed people.
edit on 15-2-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
For all the people commenting here, I would like to remind you that true Christianity is not a religion its a relationship.
So really your gay for god and jesus?

What you are witnessing are cults/possessed people.
Yeah they call it religion and christianity

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by ignorant_ape

joseph fritzl raised his daughter " his way " was that right ?

Physical child abuse is not the same as parents raising their kids with religion.
Psychological abuse is arguably a lot worse than physical abuse.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I believe these pint size preachers are more into preaching their religion then preaching faith....

Religion and faith are often viewed as the same. The two concepts are not the same. Many people have faith, but do not believe in religion. Religion is man made whereas faith is a spiritual concept. Religion has an institutionalized background, a conformity of a system of attitudes, beliefs and practices. The word faith can be used in describing the type of religion we associate. Often this religion is one of like minds, and written doctrine.

Faith on the other hand is the actual belief and trust and loyalty to God....

Religion with its written doctrine will inform you what you are to believe. Faith is an actual deep knowing that you trust in your own belief in God.

There are many paths of religion, but there is only one faith, and that faith is in the belief that God is in control of all of life. The two can compliment each other, but are not the same. Faith is the belief that everything will work out, and religion is the organizational, institute for practicing your faith.

Source

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

How old are you? I would guess by that comment you are not old enough to be participating on this website

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

How old are you? I would guess by that comment you are not old enough to be participating on this website

Yet I would be old enough to be told that I am going to be tortured for eternity in hell right?

But, I am not young anyway

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have a question. Why are you picking on christians when jews and muslims and hindu do the same thing? You just anti-christian? I think yes.

Bigot.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

As for the OP: Children pastors is biblically wrong as they are not old enough to understand what they believe.

This is not a true representation of Christianity being portrayed here. What you are witnessing are cults/possessed people.
edit on 15-2-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I agree on both counts. That kid hasn't even reached the age of accountability and doesn't even understand what he is doing and frankly, this seems more like a mockery to me. That boy should be in the nursery coloring pictures and learning to sing children's songs.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Psychological abuse is arguably a lot worse than physical abuse.

Its your perception.
Only you see "psychological abuse" in a religious family raising their kids to be religious.

What about families that let their kids junk food and play video games all day... without any exercise.
Personally, I know its not good for the kid as he grows. I would also not lecture the kids parents on how they ought to raise THEIR kids.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join