It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I happened upon the name Alonzo Typer.
The Diary of Alonzo Typer by H. P. Lovecraft and William Lumley in 1935
Link

Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.
Nice Catch....If you read his introduction, you would have seen his reasoning for choosing the name. He already said what you uncovered.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow, glad he came back to post, but looking at the manners in here I wonder what for?

Mr Alonzo, I beg you to simply have as thick a skin as you can muster here, and just plug away telling your most interesting stories first. And, if you have time, energy or the faith in humankind left after that, you can address the questions from the peanut gallery.

And please thank your grandkids for me for graciously helping you post this.

oh and Happy Valentine's Day

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
sorry but twenty pages and his last post was on page 2. bollocks to this whole thing. Kudos to those who stuck with it as long as they did.

Regards,
-TF

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think its clear to see that Alonzo knows he's been caught out and has left the thread.

Twas a nice read but it was a mistake to take on ATS for a scam, there's so many genuine from the day people and many other experts in their field here so anyone trying a story really has to be inch perfect.

Sigh, I had hopes...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
don't understand why some people dont have the ability to just give there questions to Mr Typer about the inconsitances in his story then patently wait for a reply from the man himself instead of siting on the thread for hours and hours claiming to be going to bed but it is so important to them that they simply cannot leave the thread turning it into a 20 something pages shooting down anything else anyone else has to add or questions they might wana ask the man himself, mention no names. ATS would be alot better and easier to sift through if some members managed to show some manners and patience.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Frankel because: .

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

I choose to read his story all of my own accord. I have lived to a ripe old age myself without your help, and have done quite well. Why must YOU be the "truth police"? If this thread does not suit you, go away! We can judge the merits of the story all by ourselves. Most of what is posted in this site is pure BS anyway. Let me choose the BS I like. I promise not to clutter up the threads you enjoy.

Sorry to burst your bubble.......but that's not how ATS works!

You say " If this thread does not suit you, go away! We can judge the merits of the story all by ourselves"
well "ourselves" would be everyone on ATS wouldn't it?.....not just you, and not just the people who believe the elusive Mr Typer.......everyone gets an opinion on ATS.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the writing style of the OP'er is similar to that of Protoplasmic Traveller (now banned)......I thought exactly the same when I read the original intro thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have been following this story rather closely.

This thread has become absurd. Many irregularities have been pointed out allready from Mr. Typer's OP, and i would say, it is suffice to say, that the story is sounding more and more dodgy.

The further fact, that Mr. Typer have not replied to any questions raised by members, or to clarify anything, furthers indicate, that A: he has lost interest, and was scared of, or B: he got tired of the accusations, and left, or C: he has no way to backup his story, with anything.

It is the nature of many on ATS, to question everything, to analyze data for irregularities, to poke and probe, until the truth is revealed. That is how we deny ignorance, that is how we throw out the nonsense, and discover the truth.

I would further, suggest this thread be locked, until Mr. Typer feels like replying again. At the moment, there is to much speculation and general BS going on.

VVV

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I truly, sincerely hope this gentleman isn't legitimately in his 90s and close to death, suffering from incurable ailments. Despite what appears to be fairly solid evidence that this was a hoax (or at least fiction,) that would render this whole affair a truly tragic air. Someone his age, old and close to death, possibly not fully in command of his faculties, posting away on ATS.

I will therefore hope that that part of the tale was also fictional. And I hope if he is that old and in that state, that he knows not everyone here holds hostility toward him in response to this. I'd hate for one of his last experiences to be confusion and consternation because he truly believes what he's saying, and everyone is calling him a liar (even if it's essentially justifiable based on the evidence.)

If the goal of this tale was to provoke some level of genuine emotion or thought from its readers, I can at least say he achieved that much. Because now I will always wonder/worry about that possibility. That fear was what kept me from participating in both his introductory topic and this one until now. I strongly suspected his story was highly suspect, but didn't want to say so and then be confronted by him simply vanishing and me always wondering if I inflicted some mental anguish on a dying man for all I knew.

Peace.
edit on 2/15/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

ahh, so we concur ??

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

We do indeed.....there are few coincidences when you look at it, the writing style being the main one,but also the name Alonzo Typer being a story about strange occurrences at his house.................remember PT's last thread?....it was about strange occurrences at his house

we could be barking up the wrong tree, but you never know.
edit on 15/2/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I have doubts about this, some things aren't adding up

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I am looking forward to reading more, Mr. Typer.

My Daddy served in WWII. He was Army but was attached to the Navy and he served on a PT boat. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened. I can read all of the history books I can find but, hey, who writes the history books ....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NellahB

the army operated ists own small craft in WWII source ,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Patton was not at Normandy. He was with the third army(his command) in Italy.
Try learning some history. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
reply to post by lonegurkha

There where instances in which modified Army B-25 Mitchell's, where launched off of Navy carriers in the Pacific front.

The only time B25's were EVER launched from a carrier was Doolittles raid on Tokyo.They could not land on a carrier and could only take off with a strong head wind and having been completely stripped down. The planes were too big and heavy for carriers. They would have to be carried on the deck. therefore making it unusable for other planes. They couldn't fit on the deck elevators to be brought below decks. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

Just read his intro.Missed the Lovecraft angle. I have been following this thread.Many have pointed out that being stationed on an carrier and the B-25 don't jive except the Doolittle raid.
I do have an interest in WWII. The Navy and Marines did use the B-25, only 700 of them and named them PBJ's, which the OP didn't state.

The USAAF was not the only service to use the B-25. Over 700 Mitchells were delivered to the U.S. Navy and Marines, under the designation PBJ.
Link

Good story none the less.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by desertfox32
reply to post by jroberts227

What he did say is that he took part in what "we call the Doolittle raid". If you read my other posts, and Tomdham's. He would have corrected himself, but anybody serving in the USN during WW2 would have known about the raid, and not have gotten it confused with just a regular b-25 bombing run don't you think?

I'm not trying to call the guy out just yet i need more info for that. But so far it's not looking to hopeful.
edit on 14-2-2012 by desertfox32 because: info

Yes, sir, I am presently reading the reply posts as I go along and I know that I am a little behind others here.

I am not a historian of any kind, nor am I particularly knowledgable on American WWII events. I do have some small experience in analyzing statements for truthfulness, but I have been fooled, so I am reserving judgement.

My take on the OPs story leads me to believe that there is no intent to mislead. My take on his response to the Doolittle raid queries is kind of a generalization. While there was only one Doolittle raid, there may have been a number of Doolittle-like raids.

My grandfather and his bothers all served in WWII. One of my great-uncles landed on the beach in Normandy. I have heard many stories from them over the years. At times, they made statements that did not jive with thing they had previously said. I don't believe they were being untruthful. I think it had more to do with memory processes whereby a memory was shared, but in the re-telling that memory was inhanced by other memories.

Anyway, again my two cents....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hi Mr Alonzo Typer can I ask you if that's your real full name? If not I call you a liar of liars on your story considering that you're dying from another thread you made, why is your real name not provided? What is a dying man afraid of by posting his real life events with an actual name?

How pathedic someone in a world war won't even mention his name, how uncouragous, according to other posters they say this isn't your real name? My grandfather harry ingramham at 82 years old was always proud of himself as an American and where he served in the navy as a general and he himself worked in "projects" while eventually having the opportunity to admit it to others in the family before he died(he also had no internet experience and never used the internet)....but you nothing, nada just an interesting story as a internet troll. Sorry Mr. Alonzo typer if that is your real name I apologize.

edit on 15-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
History only records what the writers wish to glorify at the time. A person retired from the Airforce usually excentuates the Airforce but may also include other branches information sometimes. He would not be good at describing these events though because he was not really part of their group. History is written to glorify the elite. In the case of war it glorifies the generals and their forces as an entity. The history of a normal soldier is not recorded individually in most cases. The mention of this history to an old soldier can trigger off memories of how he percieved what happened. Usually they say they were shot at, scared, wet half the time, tired and afraid to sleep, and sick of the food that was supplied. They talked about not getting a chance to eat for days and looking at a picture they had with them to remind them of home. Some , like my father, didn't like talking about it much. He did tell me about his POW experiences and his cronological writings of his POW days is part of my families treasure. He hated Hogans Heros because it was far from real. He talked of people killing others over a potato in his camp. This shows you what can happen in starvation. This kind of stuff is not recorded in any history I have seen. I'm sure there are novels out there that were written but that is not part of the American History that the government wants us to see. I understand that to fight a war it is crutial for soldiers to work as one and follow orders. I can't understand though why taking a hill is more important than the thousands of soldiers that die for it. I guess this is a part of life as we know it in this world. I look at old writings where the kings go out and fight with their armies. That is not evident today except in traditional gestures like in England. I know that what I speak of is common knowledge of the older people but I say it to remind the young about reality. I was never in the military but have great respect for those who serve us and also those who have served in the past. Even though I don't understand all of the reasons the military does things I still hold faith in them to watch over us. Most of the soldiers are common folk like us that want to protect their people. Sometimes their hate of the enemy makes them act badly, seeing a friend blown up makes you mad. I understand this state of mind(temporary insanity) but they should be smarter than to take pictures of these actions. That is the ploy of a braggart not a soldier. Sorry to bore you guys again with something that is known.
edit on 15-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wow this is still going has the OP posted anything new since 1-2 page? I have been following this for a while and still not one answer to the questions we posted. He should understand "if he's for real" that we just need some clarification about a few of the holes in his story or he's a hoax. Don't you guys think?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join