It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not forgive everyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisX99
reply to post by Ralphy

And what would it change?

Everything changes, just not necessarily the way you expect when the view is obscured by perceiving something that needs forgiving.

We can't forgive someone fully until we recognize that whatever negative or hurt is being perceived in another that we wish to forgive, is ultimately coming from within our self.

Learning to see other's "wrongs" inside of ourselves, forgive our self (which inherently forgives the other if we truly accept what is actually within ourselves), and the world transforms before our eyes.

It's an ongoing process.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
To err is human, to forgive is divine

Alexander Pope

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I forgave EVERYONE who wronged me.

I forgave myself for wronging me.

It took me 40 years to see it, and what all of the anger and pent up emotions has done to my body, but now that I have seen it, I have released it as best I can.

If I can forgive, anyone can.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But again, why forgive those who don't care and will just continue? I forgive when I know the other person has seen the error in their way.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

You forgive them for yourself. Holding onto negative emotions is bad for your health. It effects you in ways you don't see.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

In many cases it is not my forgiveness that can help them. It is their own judgement of themselves, of their own actions and behaviors, that they need forgive. They need to forgive themselves and re-evaluate their own spiritual trajectory and life choices. It is far more detrimental to them that they themselves cannot forgive themselves for what they have done, or their personal temporary intentionality that led them to do the things they have difficulties internalizing and processing.

Forgive yourselves for not being able to adhere to and conform to the same exact expectations you demand of and place on others.

Voters hate people. They must. They have absolutely no idea of the number of laws that exist. These laws are not manditory learning in schools, and no child born today will live long enough to learn even the number of laws that exist, let alone what they all are word for word, and what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously.... yet voters keep taking money via taxes from everyone to pay for law makers to make new laws. Seems totally logical.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The idea is great! It's unfortunate that it can't work. The problem is that people take advantage of forgiveness and regardless of anything else they take advantage of others so with complete forgiveness they continue to hurt others because they are just forgiven.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Debwe

I disagree. I think forgiveness is SO POWERFUL that is actually binds up evil and discards it, or dissolves it. There's a saying somewhere in the bible about "heaping burning coals on their head" which means to leave them in their own mess, while showing them the power of love, both, at the same time.

Imagine you've harmed someone, and they come to you in a state of absolute forgiveness, and tell you that they forgive you - now, is that going to encourage you to keep on hurting people, or might it not cause you to fall to your knees, and have a type of conversion experience..?

I'm not sure anyone has fully grasped the sheer magnitude of the POWER of absolute forgiveness in this thread, because they are thinking narrowly in terms of only themselves, whether wronged or as a wrongdoer, whereas what I'm suggesting in terms of absolute forgiveness is something that MOVES through the entire human dynamic, and touches the whole net at one level or another as the "end of evil", even if only as a beginning, from whatever localized "sphere of influence" and in whatever way however big or small. Thus it generates a new world, as a new domain of possibility, for everything that is good and loving, and yes it extends itself all the way into the prison system since we are all part of one human family whether we like it or not.

To forgive absolutely is to "step on the head of the snake" and tread it under foot, permamently.

It hardly unleashes a permissive framework for people to continue to want to do bad where what we resist only persists in UNforgiveness and the lust for vengeance.

Again, this was part of the master key of Jesus' spiritual and psychological, unparalleled genius, for those who can see it, and get a taste for what it looks like.

To fully appreciate it, brings tears to the eyes, and then, after tears, a smile and a laughter that wipes them away, and at that point the joke is only just getting started..! It's a joke at the expense of evil, which cannot be understood on the unforgiving side of absolute forgiveness, but you'll have to trust me that on the other side, it's the funniest thing imaginable, to laugh out loud at the devil himself without any fear, or hatred, my that's something rather special, it changes the entire frame of reference.

Yes, absolute forgiveness is absolute freedom, even in a timeless, spaceless way, and that's really "the truth that sets us free", isn't it?

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 14-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That's a failure mission.

We do personally need to forgive eachother for petty nonsense.

Yet the people that have orchestrated this network of inequality must be held accountable. It is because all these criminals never pay for their crimes that were in this system of slavish thievery.. Forgive massa he no not wha he do.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Well said...

I believe This was the passage you're refering to?

Interesting chapter i must say...

edit on 14-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

I think the time for both has come, and that ESPECIALLY those who have been given more or who "work" the "grid" of domination and submission will be held to account for their grievous sins against both man and God, and none will escape a just judgement, who did not have a change of heart while there was still time. When the door of heaven is opened, there is freedom in the air for the downtrodden, for those able to wake up, look around and breath it in, but there is nothing but terror for the hard-hearted rich man, because he might find that the judgement has come upon him and his first-born son, like a theif in the night, and if that terror and fear of judgement isn't there in the men of great means, and if they have no fear of God or of a Just Judgement, then OH MY GOD, what utter terror and SORROW awaits them..

"When the hearts of men change, kingdoms change."

The same power of forgiveness moving through the system, also contains within it, an equal measure of Justice, as it does Mercy.

"Let vengeance be mine sayeth the Lord."

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I was wondering why we all don't forgive everyone that we thought wronged us and everything that has happened to us.

Only those who ask for forgiveness deserve it.

I am not in the habit of forgiving people who are currently doing me harm.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
To err is human, to forgive is divine

Alexander Pope

"To err is human and to forgive is human too." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Debwe

To forgive absolutely is to "step on the head of the snake" and tread it under foot, permamently.

But forgiveness only feeds the ego and requires one to judge others, so one must come to the understanding that there's nothing to forgive, then what's there to step on?
That's what's known as Unconditional Love.

There is no spoon!

There is no snake!

There is only Love and Logic is required, for Love is born from Logic!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I haven´t forgiven a single thing to anyone in my entire life, nor am i going to.
I can shrug it off if i´m wronged against, and i don´t hold a grudge, but forgive?
Never.
edit on 15-2-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
To forgive is to release yourself from the negative feelings you've been subjecting yourself to on another person's behalf.

But just because you forgive someone does not mean you have to resume a relationship with them, think their actions were right, or even TELL them you've forgiven them. In some cases to do so would be foolish.

Forgiveness is personal. It shouldnt be conditional on whether the person who wronged you sees the error of their ways.

I forgive because to hold hate and resentment in my heart only hurts ME. It's very liberating to let go of my hatred for certain people. One person, specifically. I have forgiven him for all he did to me and my son. This doesn't mean that I ever want to see or hear from him again. It doesn't mean that what he did was right or that I've accepted what he did. All it means is that I forgive him, I let go of my hate and I've moved on. He will have to live with his actions for the rest of his life. But I'll be damned if I will.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by subculturalgirl

to give to who take is absolutely giving to take, while one must give to what gives

if u give to what take then what gives wont get anything

while u would be making the negative sense of opposites concept use for zero existence facts

at least taking from what gives would make the positive zero, by meaning to reduce positive to none but at least positive stay equal term to negative not less or below negative as u did

anyway it is normal that u think that way, there is a lot that u dont know and all what you know must be served to support urself in positive terms

there are some things that never matter of what u think about it, ur absolute freedom is relative to add smthg that u could b able to mean positively, but freedom rights are all to truth rights first

and truth rights are all from lies humiliations through true living revenge sense

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"Forgive them father for they know not what they do."
forgive us of our transgressess as we forgive others.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorynator
"Forgive them father for they know not what they do."
forgive us of our transgressess as we forgive others.

yea pray for ur father to be saved from hell depth he is going to from no father but truth

humans are nothing existence, they are innocents to any absolute dimension, gods all are going to hell

CX

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by Ralphy

Because they are going behave the same way again...

and again..

then one more time..

so.. eventually one needs to severe the tie.

Exactly why i am not in contact with someone who is supposed to be the closest person to you.

When a person behaves in a certain way, and continuously cause that much damage to you and your loved ones, you severe the tie, no matter who they are and how they are related to you.

Some think this is pretty harsh, actualy, after repeated experiences of this, it's pretty easy.

CX.
edit on 15/2/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/2/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join