It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love Iran?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by theBigToe

Yeah, I remember reading about that. Made the Israelis look like Spartans.

Yes. So you can understand why they are still paranoid?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I love iran as much as I love a tax auditor,a cheesy lawyer,
stale potato chips,flat beer and no cookies in my house.
I do fear iran, the tax auditor and the cheesy lawyer though.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by theBigToe

If committing adultery is morally wrong, and you stone someone for being found guilty of it, maybe there will be less adultery? And believe it or not, not everyone thinks being gay is morally correct. You can't force other people or nations to share the same views and way of life as you. I'm not here to justify stoning, I'm here to tell you we have our own country to worry about and Iran is not our business.

I know it's shockingly hard to accept for some, this day in information age where videos of life on the other side of the planet are brought to your home computer, but not every nation is like the United States.

We're not the police of the world and can't step in every situation and solve it. Or invade every country and make it a carbon copy of the US.

And if you think we can, I invite you to suit up, grab a flight, go over there and do something about it rather than complaining on numerous threads here at ATS.

Oh boy.... adultery is your decision to make. It affects you. It affects your partner. Nobody has the right to judge your relationships and/or bedroom practices. And nobody has any right to tell somebody gay that they are an abomination and then kill them for it. Thats barbaric, and you can disagree with it all you want, but executing people for any reason is WRONG. You are defending Iran from the West because well use bombs, yet you defend Irans right to kill people for sexual orientation and civil liberties. You are a hypocrite beyond measure.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

you should never fear anyone or anything.....ever

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Thats barbaric, and you can disagree with it all you want, but executing people for any reason is WRONG.

That would never happen here though, right? Wrong:

www.amnestyusa.org...

That's selective perception my friend.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Dumb question, with all due respect, Mr. OP.

It's not about loving anyone or anything. It's about having enough respect for humankind that we don't support bombing innocent civilians because a few in our government disagree with a few in their government.

How about all the people around the world who hate us because of things our government has done. Did we have any influence on that? Did you personally have any influence on the bombing of women and children in Iraq? Most likely not. So how'd you feel if Iraqi citizens wanted to bomb your wife and daughter(example)?

Well, you'd probably say they don't deserve it, as it was our government who decided to bomb Iraq, not your family. It's not about Iraqi's loving America in that scenario. It's about having respect for human life, and acknowledging it's government who don't get along, not the people at large.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Thats barbaric, and you can disagree with it all you want, but executing people for any reason is WRONG.

www.amnestyusa.org...

It could, but here we at least preserve the right to make a change so long as the first amendment remain in tact.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
3. Iran creates suicide bombers
So do a lot of other countries.

6. Iran sends Obama model toy drone
Which was hilarious.

Name me one country that has suicide bombers for war purposes only?

So when our enemies insult us it's hilarious? I understand it's Obama's own fault but that should have been a very serious incident.
edit on 13-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

You are right...fear is a tool of the devil to use against you.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

The difference between the USA and Iran is that the Iranians wouldn't ask us, they would just bomb us! Under Obama we are doing everything possible to halt this war. Iranians are not showing any signs of stopping what they are doing in their country. Now they are aligning themselves with Syria.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

www.amnestyusa.org...

By the way, I dont agree with capital punishment for several reasons (probable doubt and holding ourselves to a higher standard then those we incarcerate), but in the U.S. defense - these people arent being executed for imaginary crimes like homosexuality and adultery (like in Iran) - theyre being executed for violent crimes like serial rape, murder, child molestation.
edit on 13-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

but in the U.S. defense - these people arent being executed for imaginary crimes like homosexuality and adultery (like in Iran) - theyre being executed for violent crimes like serial rape, murder, child molestation.

PotAto, potato. The people as just as dead. It's us interfering in other cultures that have gotten us to this point. We need to leave other countries alone unless they are a direct threat to us. I haven't seen anything that has lead me to believe that Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc. have/had the means or will to attack us.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I am just a paid shill from the republican party and I also am a war monger.

that's bullcrap, sir. you could also be a liberal progressive. mainstream model.
after 9/11 waging (fake) wars and spewing war propaganda has stopped being
neocon/republi#'s exclusive trait.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

yeah....

whats the point of our insane and overwhealming military in the US if we cant just sit pretty....we should just buy some miggs and WW2 era tanks and a bunch of C4 and dirt bikes.....we would arguably be just as unsafe with all the crap we have that still doesnt cut it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't understand why you people are complaining about the US sanctions

Because sanctions start wars and they don't actually hurt whoever is in power. Sanctions hurt the people of the country (the civilians), what have they done to anybody?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I am just a paid shill from the republican party and I also am a war monger.

that's bullcrap, sir. you could also be a liberal progressive. mainstream model.
after 9/11 waging (fake) wars and spewing war propaganda has stopped being
neocon/republi#'s exclusive trait.

I'm glad you mentioned this, why then. Is all the media reporting this news? It seems to me that there is some sort of a cloud over conservative news networks who try to explain to liberals why we are in wars with Iran. The liberals are usually the ones who do not want wars, so why is Fox being attacked for usually questioning the corruption and the scandals inside the White House? Why is the MSM also reporting about the wars? That's a HUGE conspiracy if everyone that works at the MSM which includes NBC, CBS, MSNBC and all affiliated channels. Don't you think?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

I don't understand why you people are complaining about the US sanctions

Because sanctions start wars and they don't actually hurt whoever is in power. Sanctions hurt the people of the country (the civilians), what have they done to anybody?

Sure sanctions start wars but if a republican was in power you bet we'd be in war already. So why are you complaining about the sanctions which have halted the war for now?

link   

Why do you love Iran? BECAUE THERE ARE GENETIC YOUTH THERE IN THE east AS THERE ARE GENETIC YOUTH IN THE west WHO ARE TOTALLY INNOCENT AND DONT DESERVE TO BE KILLED BY ANY.

link   

but in the U.S. defense - these people arent being executed for imaginary crimes like homosexuality and adultery (like in Iran) - theyre being executed for violent crimes like serial rape, murder, child molestation.

PotAto, potato. The people as just as dead. It's us interfering in other cultures that have gotten us to this point. We need to leave other countries alone unless they are a direct threat to us. I haven't seen anything that has lead me to believe that Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc. have/had the means or will to attack us.

The governments ideology (which can be studied in the Quran) combined with an ambition to outgrow their stated enemies military's. Fascists want more power - always.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

What did you not read my post? I clearly stated why.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join