It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Maine Caucus Results Thread!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is huge in the bigger picture. I mean, we have a candidate that they do their DAMNEDEST to ignore and make fun of, and he is in the thick of things. So many times people have tried to have their voices heard and have failed. This is really big.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Apparently Washington precinct, where Ron Paul had his campaign HQ, was not counted today for some strange reason, and Ron Paul is confident he will get the MAINE WIN WHEN THEY ARE COUNTED!!!

www.ronpaul2012.com...

edit on 11-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Lamestream media is reporting Romney the winner with only 83% of the votes in. Even if Paul were about to win, Im' sure they would do something about it. Like Stalin said, "those who vote decide nothing, those who count the vote decide everything."

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by macaronicaesar

It only works that way when the GOP favorite is in first place with 1000 votes and 1% reporting.

It seriously makes no sense, like mathematically. I'm not a whiner, but how often does someone overcome a candidate with a lead of 10 points with 20+% of the vote taken, if you answered never, you'd probably be right, seems silly.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
OMG This page just updated.

docs.google.com...

And Ron Paul is leading by 10 % over Romney now!

Edit: From now on i will print screen each update, so that i can see if the previous figures changed, i think i saw some previous Ron Paul numbers change downwards when hitting f5, but cannot be sure as i cannot go back.

At this point, i would NOT trust CNN at those numbers.

Ok now I am confused.

Your link is showing Paul 10% ahead of Romney and I have CNN on and they are claiming that Romney won, Paul came in a close second, but Newt and Santorum ignored the State which is why Paul came in second.

The link shows a total vote count of 1911 but google is currently showing well over 5000 votes in total with 84% reporting. Is it possible your link was from earlier in the day?

I

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Where did you get that figure of 83% Merlin?

I had it figured at around 88-90%. Could you provide a link or source sir?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
He clearly had the most support.

Well this is an opinion, not evidence. I believed that Ron Paul would have won Maine as well, but he didn't. Never the less, his performance there was not unusual as he had the some trouble winning New Hampshire before, and he had the same trouble closing a win any state back in 2008. Paul's performance in Maine demonstrates rather that he can't appear to close the deal with GOP voters anywhere. This should be troubling to his campaign.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Apparently Washington precinct, where Ron Paul had his campaign HQ, was not counted today for some strange reason, and Ron Paul is confident he will get the MAINE WIN WHEN THEY ARE COUNTED!!!

www.ronpaul2012.com...

That's not what he said. He said despite the loss he still expects to win the most delegates because they are not bound to Romney. He's got actual support rather than the voters who show up to vote for a suit. Although he came 2nd in votes he will carry the most delegates to the convention. Same thing in Minnesota.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

OMG This page just updated.

docs.google.com...

And Ron Paul is leading by 10 % over Romney now!

Edit: From now on i will print screen each update, so that i can see if the previous figures changed, i think i saw some previous Ron Paul numbers change downwards when hitting f5, but cannot be sure as i cannot go back.

At this point, i would NOT trust CNN at those numbers.

Ok now I am confused.

Your link is showing Paul 10% ahead of Romney and I have CNN on and they are claiming that Romney won, Paul came in a close second, but Newt and Santorum ignored the State which is why Paul came in second.

The link shows a total vote count of 1911 but google is currently showing well over 5000 votes in total with 84% reporting. Is it possible your link was from earlier in the day?

I

GOP caucus chairman has already announced a Romney win, it's over.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ron Paul already gave his speech. Lost by some 200 votes, basically a tie.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

From Yahoo news:
news.yahoo.com...

link   

When the rest of the votes are cast, we will see! The margin is small and Romney supporters won't show up at the rest of the caucuses. Paul supporters will and you know it.

Go Ron Go!

link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
He clearly had the most support.

Well this is an opinion, not evidence. I believed that Ron Paul would have won Maine as well, but he didn't. Never the less, his performance there was not unusual as he had the some trouble winning New Hampshire before, and he had the same trouble closing a win any state back in 2008. Paul's performance in Maine demonstrates rather that he can't appear to close the deal with GOP voters anywhere. This should be troubling to his campaign.

It was unusual in the sense that he was winning by over 10 % at 20% of the vote and all the sudden it flipped, no? I know your pro obama and think Paul is a flake and I use to lurk around here and think you were a solid poster, the way you handle the birther thing ect, but can you at least objective here for one minute?

Do you honestly think Paul has gotten a fair shake? You say he has no support, it's no wonder he doesn't get support. He nearly won Iowa, no mention of him still, did very well in Nevada, blackout continued ect ect. Maybe if he was given the opportunity to build momentum in the beginning from the MSM when he was in the thick of things we could of gotten in a better situation.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

When the rest of the votes are cast, we will see! The margin is small and Romney supporters won't show up at the rest of the caucuses. Paul supporters will and you know it.

Go Ron Go!

Sure, but a high turnout is 200 people in the remaining caucuses, basically zero chance to swing 200 votes, I still believe it was impossible for Mitt to make up the 10 % he was down in the beginning. 1200-1300 votes out of 5600 and he was down 10 points. I don't see him realistically closing that gap, but whatever.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Thanks!

Republican Nomination Primary was February 4, 2012 - February 11, 2012
83.7 %
of Precincts

reporting

Delegates

at stake

CANDIDATES
VOTES
%

Mitt Romney

39.2%

Ron Paul

35.7%

Rick Santorum

17.7%

Newt Gingrich

6.3%

Other Candidates
1.1%

That's right guys, only 83.7% is in compared to CNN reporting 95%.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Do you really think Paul would be able to win the presidency using that strategy though? If that occurs it's going to be an even bigger slam dunk for Obama than if Romney's the candidate. In order for Paul to stand a chance he would need the support of the GOP as well as the support he gets from Independents and Democrats. Winning the candidacy on a technicality like that is simply going to disenfranchise a lot of Republican voters who then won't vote in the actual election.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So most of us understand that this comes down to delegates and the media is over-hyping this for Romney etc, BUT, let's also look at what has happened in Maine in order:

The caucuses in Maine started on Jan 29th and were said to run until Saturday March 3rd with a very strong chance of Paul taking this state. (this is essentially a month long caucus event in Maine) It was said on CNN just today that Paul started campaigning there since the Florida primaries. On the 11th of Februrary a non-binding straw poll took place,(today) but we won't get in to that just yet..

Here is the caucus schedule for all states in 2012, but you can check the Maine schedule here:

www.thegreenpapers.com...

Yesterday, (the 10th) ATS member 'elpresidente' posts a thread about some suspicious goings-on from the GOP in Maine. A GOP insider who is a Ron Paul supporter reports that the GOP is adding new caucuses in fear that Ron Paul may win the state, and by a significant margin. See that thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In an article by CNN today, it is mentioned that Mitt Romney had only just arrived in Maine early Saturday:

Romney visited caucus sites in the state earlier Saturday, something he hadn't done up to this point in the campaign.

(scroll down a bit to see this)

www.cnn.com...

Then, before the MSM reported the straw poll results, (and even right now as we speak) Google had been tracking the results by precinct, and has been reporting a total of 1911 votes in. With these totals, Ron Paul is in the lead at 43% with Mitt trailing quite far behind at 33%. People on dailypaul.com are saying that both Google and Politico are reporting these numbers at 83% of the votes in.

docs.google.com...

Then the MSM reports the straw poll results:

Willard M. "Mitt" Romney 2,190 39%
Ronald Ernest Paul 1,996 36%

Next, we are told that many precincts have been postponed and not counted yet. Associated press says that State republican chairman Charlie Webster says this:

Webster said any caucus results that come in after Saturday wouldn't be counted no matter how close the vote turned out to be.

hosted.ap.org...

So, can we conclude at this point that there are some shady goins-on? Or, is it like 'Southern Guardian' says and we are all just being poor sports? I don't think so. So far this is the most shady caucus of them all IMO. There are several reasons to suspect foul play from the GOP. This kinda crap needs to stop, and we are the only ones who can stop it. I believe strongly the Paul campaign needs to call these people out for what they really are!
edit on 11-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

GOP will still vote. They hate Obama, if Ron Paul or anyone for that matter gets nomination

Edit: my 1,111th post

edit on 11-2-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Gingrich actually surged more than Romney, percentage-wise. Gingrich increased by 310.6% over the initial Google tally (from 85 votes to 349), while Romney increased by 256.7% (614 to 2190). Ron Paul increased by 150.1% (798 to 1996), which is similar to Santorum's increase of 164.4% (374 to 989).

Statistically, there is nothing obviously wrong with Romney's surge past Paul.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yes they predict a high turnout of 200 for Washington county but that is based off of last years results. As said, Pauls headquarters are in this county as well. Maybe the people will be inspired to get out and vote seeing how close it is. We dont really know how many people will vote next week based off of what happened four years ago.
edit on 11-2-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join