It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Maine Caucus Results Thread!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Are these the real results? Or the manipulated ones?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
If Ron Paul Wins/Won will there be Voter Fraud?

i mean, if other Candidates could do it, why couldn't Ron Paul Correct?

True,

But we're talking about RON PAUL.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Not over yet?

Despite the announcement from the Maine Republican Party, Mr. Paul’s campaign slammed the results of the Maine Republican Caucus.

“In fact, he will probably even win the ‘beauty contest’ Straw Poll the media has already called for Mitt Romney – even before all the votes have been tallied,” Mr. Tate argued.

Mr. Paul’s campaign cited Washington County, which delayed its caucus due to several inches of snow, as one of the reasons that the former Air Force surgeon might win the Maine Republican Caucus after all of the votes have been tallied.

Read more: www.thestatecolumn.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
If Ron Paul Wins/Won will there be Voter Fraud?

i mean, if other Candidates could do it, why couldn't Ron Paul Correct?

True,

But we're talking about RON PAUL.....

the name 'Ron Paul' means nothing to me,

it's hypocritical to believe that voter fraud only occurs when it's not in ones favour

if all presidential candidates are potential shills/puppets, how can Ron Paul be above any such Conspiracy?

because he talks about the 'Constitution'? because he brings up bullet points for the people?

call me cynical, but has anyone thought it's the same thing that happened with Obama? the promise of 'Change', and 'Working for the people, with the people' only to be a perfect wolf in sheep's clothing,

i digress,

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Xcalibur254

They would still vote out of a "necessity" to remove Obama from office.

Keep telling yourself that.

Would you vote for the guy that just screwed you over and invalidated your vote?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ron Paul down 194 votes with 98 precincts still needing to caucus and/or report but they 'project' Romney the winner. Really? we can project winners by a mere 194 votes? LOL

Not to mention all of the 'extra-special' last minute caucuses added by the GOP JUST for Romney.

And the last minute postponement of caucuses in areas where Paul was projected to do well in, because of 'snow storms' (1-3 inches? STORM?) which actually turned out to be mere snow dust.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Ron Paul down 194 votes with 98 precincts still needing to caucus and/or report but they 'project' Romney the winner. Really? we can project winners by a mere 194 votes? LOL

Not to mention all of the 'extra-special' last minute caucuses added by the GOP JUST for Romney.

And the last minute postponement of caucuses in areas where Paul was projected to do well in, because of 'snow storms' (1-3 inches? STORM?) which actually turned out to be mere snow dust.

I tried to point this out earlier, but with much more detail. Not many chose to pay attention, and of course, naturally the Obamabots didn't either. I believe that the GOP in Maine picked and chose which caucuses would be counted, as well as delayed key caucuses in favor of Paul and added staged new ones in favor of Romney to make sure Romney won the state. (or least, made it seem like he did) It's quite obvious to me. There are lots of real reasons to believe this, not just speculation.

Of course, we're just gonna keep hearing the same old "sore loser" argument. I'm not so sure how much of this nonsense I can take before I start advocating the obvious coming collapse of this nation that so many people are un-willing to see based on either ignorance or just pure stupidity. This is beyond ridiculous now.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
not all votes were counted if i heared right? a heavy ron paul consistency still has to be taken in account and would make ron paul winner.. just like when sanctorum won in iowa when media annoucent mitt romney won it to early..

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

My god man can't you give it a rest already?

Theres nothing wrong with an alternate view point but in every single thread I have seen you post in about Ron Paul its attack after attack with NO proof or evidence to back up your HATRED of the man and his polices.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
RON PAUL IS LEADING in the delegate count
second

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

People vote for the person they don't want every year to defeat the other party. Some down right hate who they are voting for. Hillary voters voting Obama, Romney supporters voting McCain.

Yes, of course they would still vote for Paul in the end to remove Obama. Their disdain for Obama far outweighs any they could have for Paul.

Your opinion here is definitely the naive and foolish one. Not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Even if this method didn't disenfranchise voters is it really worth winning this way? While the primary process and electoral college may be outdated they still represent our democratic republic. This delegates and electors are supposed to vote in accordance with the will of the people they represent. so would you really want Ron Paul, a man who claims to be a staunch defender of the Constitution, to win in a way that essentially makes a mockery of the form of government laid down in our Constitution?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Let's try a hyothetical situation. Let's say that Ron Paul gets the nomination. Then lets say that he actually wins your state. How would you feel if your electors then decided to vote for Obama instead because they support him?

Regardless of how people feel about it, we might witness something similar in this year's election. I have a strong suspicion the crossover of electors may be from Obama to Paul, if Paul makes it to the GOP ticket.

Generally electors are required to vote how their state voted. There are however a few states that allow electors to vote differently.

24 states have laws to punish faithless electors but only two, Minnesota and Michigan, that change the vote after it has been cast and that too simply invalidate the vote rather than change it to to the originally pledged candidate.

So effectively electors, except those from Michigan and Minnesota, can vote as they please and their choice carried except that some of them may risk consequences for the choice they make.

What Paul's supporters are doing would be like if every state allowed their electors to vote differently from the state and the all did so. Not only is it winning on a technicality. It's winning by going against everything that this country was founded on.

The truth is the electoral college is an antiquated system as well as the way primaries a re run. While at one time they served a purpose we now live in a world where it is easy to tabulate the popular vote and as a result the winner should always be the one the public supports most, not the one who happened to win the most populous states. That doesn't mean that gaming the system is going to ingratiate Ron Paul to a lot of voters.

It appears it is you who misunderstood the spirit of the system and claim Paul supporters are attempting to win on a technicality. The system was never intended to reflect popular will. It could reflect popular will when convenient but subvert it when inconvenient. Unless you are claiming that the arithmetic abilities of those at the Federal Level were limited to handling 3 digits while every state could handle numbers up to their population figures, the system was designed to subvert popular will when necessary.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I would say the will of the people is represented more by people that feel strongly and believe in something than people that show up and cast a throwaway vote because they always do.

In my opinion the will of the people is expressed more in Paul supporters fighting for what they believe in than people who wont even stick around to support their candidate.

Yes it is worth every second of it.

Also it doesn't make a mockery of the constitution in anyway that you can articulate, you just said that to make a point that you can't really make. If anything maybe this will change the way people in the future vote and the fraud and corruption will be gone and they will see the need for an open, majority wins, election shown in real time. Ron Paul didn't make the rules, he is just playing by them.
edit on 12-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I would say the will of the people is represented more by people that feel strongly and believe in something than people that show up and cast a throwaway vote because they always do.

In my opinion the will of the people is expressed more in Paul supporters fighting for what they believe in than people who wont even stick around to support their candidate.

Yeah, I guess the system was designed to reflect the strongest collective will rather than most popular opinion, the latter being what is reflected in a simple poll.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Being a Ron Paul supporter for over 20 years and of the same mind for most of my adult life, I am pleased to hear anything positive and winning for the Ron Paul crusade but not for one moment or even a second do I believe the "Powers" will allow him to win the Republican Nomination and if he wins the nomination, he will not be allowed to debate and subsequently expose Obama for what and who he really is and if so, he will not be allowed a fair election and if he is elected, they will not allow him to take office. My points being that the evil that opposes Ron Paul and the principals he stands for run deep and into the very bones of this country and Western Civilization and there is simply no way the world is going to be saved from these evil enemies of humanity by civil means but here again, I hope I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Dr Paul supporters are trying to get him to show up in Maine, specifically Washing County caucuses, that were post-phoned til next weekend.

The reasoning behind this is, if he goes there for the majority of the remaning caucus, then MSM will be forced to cover the voting there and with Dr Paul's support in that county(the real reason they post-phoned it) will easily overtake the small margin that maine's GOP claimed Mittens won by.

No word on whether Dr Paul will be going there but it would not surprise me because Dr Paul does listen to his supporters. A couple of examples-Putting on stage with him the military guy CNN cutoff and his wearing of sweaters mostly now in response to his supporters saying to, because he looks better in them than his suits.

Go Ron Go!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The biggest Ron Paul county was canceled due to a few inches of snow, the girl scouts did not even cancel their outing. The GOP is more afraid of the snow than girl scouts ha ha. Media is ruthless liars.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And who are you to say that only YOU and other Ron Paul supporters feel strongly and believe in what they are voting for?

Just more arrogance coming from Paul supporters think they are smarter than everyone. The funny thing is that you don't even take this as a negative comment...because you guys honestly do think this.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

There's plenty of proof, but the "Paul delusion" is strong on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join