It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Maine Caucus Results Thread!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Easy now people. This was just a beauty contest. I can assure you, in Maine, as well as all other caucus states, Paul will come out on top with the delegate counts. His supporters are the most dedicated and will stay after voting to be chosen as delegates. So many times the system has worked against the people, this time the people are working the system. Be patient. He can win the nomination without winning a single state. But you won't hear that on msm.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Paul was leading by 10 points 1k votes in. I don't believe it swung 13%, no way, no how. This basically never happens, not even in larger states where swings are more likely. Paul was dominating in the beginning rather easily. The math doesn't add up.
edit on 11-2-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Understand the caucuses aren't finished folks. Washington county will vote next weekend and some other caucuses take place through March 3rd.

Will Romney voters show up next weekend in Washington county? Doubtful.

Will Paul supporters show up? Yes

Same with the other caucuses that haven't voted yet.

And guess what?

The GOP site for Maine is conviently down right now.

www.mainegop.com...

No doubt from Paul supporters going to the site to see county by county results.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Understand the caucuses aren't finished folks. Washington county will vote next weekend and some other caucuses take place through March 3rd.

Will Romney voters show up next weekend in Washington county? Doubtful.

Will Paul supporters show up? Yes

Same with the other caucuses that haven't voted yet.

And guess what?

The GOP site for Maine is conviently down right now.

www.mainegop.com...

No doubt from Paul supporters going to the site to see county by county results.

What's happening in America with these elections is truly awful. All these coincidences and strange happenings by themselves don't mean much, but when every single election has a voting mystery connected to it, it becomes truly suspect.

Absolutely sickening.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The claim comes from here: Listen! How Ron Paul Can WIN and how RICK AND NEWT CAN'T AND WON'T!

Time to face the facts. What the GOP fears most is what America needs most. Neither Santorum nor Gingrich can win the nomination for one simple reason. Neither of them can collect enough delegates to win. Neither man can be the nominee because neither one was able to get on enough states' ballots to make a difference. (564 delegates that Newt can't win, and over 700 delegates Santorum can't win ). The media and the GOP are praying to God that the American people continue to remain ignorant of this fact for as long as possible while they try to come up with a strategy that will bury Ron Paul before Romney is forced to face him on stage alone and the commentators are no longer able to marginalize Paul by giving all the questions to everyone but him. Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are the only two candidates that made it on the ballot in every state.

Number of Delegates per State

Gingrich can't be voted for in Tennessee, Virginia and Missouri.

Santorum can't be voted for in North Dakota, Ohio, Virginia, Illinois, Washington DC, Indiana, and Tennessee

Well those are the "confirmed" ones I think.
edit on 11-2-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

Man you rule! I didn´t know that! That takes the whole situation into i completely different light...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

It only works that way when the GOP favorite is in first place with 1000 votes and 1% reporting.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Gingrich and Santorum are only around to split votes against the supposed unelectable Ron Paul. Who would people vote for if it were just Paul and Romney? My guess is it might very well be a close race then.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
List of later voting caucuses in Maine-

Gouldsboro, Hancock, Lamoine, Waltham, Sorrento, Sullivan, Winter Harbor, Fletcher’s Landing
February 18th, 10:00 A.M.

Aurora/Amherst, Eastbrook, Franklin, Mariaville, Osborn
February 18th, 1:00 P.M.

Castine
March 3rd, 9:30 A.M.

Clinton
Saturday, February 18
10:00 A.M.

Rome
February 16th, 6:30 P.M.

Washington County
POSTPONED TO THE 18TH
All towns, unless otherwise listed, will be participating at the countywide caucus in East Machias.

February 18th, 1:30 P.M.
Washington Academy

Population in Washington county is 33,000. Now let's say 1 in 33 of those residents go to the caucus and vote. That's 1000 more votes. Now add in the other small caucuses I've listed above and Romney's margin of victory is surely in doubt.

Count all the votes! Will we see a repeat of Iowa and Dr Paul ends up winning Maine 3 weeks from now? Probably not, as the GOP wouldn't allow further embarassment.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I understand how CNN can project Romney the winner by 3.5% with 95% reporting, but it's interesting to note that, if the remaining 5% was for Ron Paul, then Dr. Paul would win by 1.6%.

edit on 11-2-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I will remain hopeful that the results next week will launch Paul into first place, Im going to try to get some info on which counties are left to vote and how they voted in 2008. This was definitly an improvement for Ron Paul, who placed third place in 2008. I dunno if their was fraud, hopefully with such small areas the people can check the results.

Wikipedia for 2008 results, Romney lost alot of support

edit on 11-2-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I haven't called fraud on every one he didn't win. I think there has been tampering, but not that effected candidate placement. This one however is different. He clearly had the most support. Even the Romney camps spokesperson was prepared for Paul to win saying that Romney would be happy with a second or even third place finish.

Paul was leading by 9 percent then at the end dropped to second place by 3 percent. It is kinda obvious on this one. There is more evidence to support a problem then there is to support whatever you are implying. Why not say something substantial rather than try to start arguments? Say something worthwhile. If you are going to come to a thread that has a lot of people discussing a candidate they like and then challenge their views with nothing to back it up a lot of people consider that trolling by definition.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Yeah.. that is possible and a likely GOP strategy. Steal the win temporarily so after the spot light is off announce a different winner. Losing the moment is just as damaging as losing the win in this media driven time.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
so lets see how TPTB spin this one as being just another meaninless caucus and will try and completely ignore ron paul as even being in this event.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
OMG This page just updated.

docs.google.com...

And Ron Paul is leading by 10 % over Romney now!

Edit: From now on i will print screen each update, so that i can see if the previous figures changed, i think i saw some previous Ron Paul numbers change downwards when hitting f5, but cannot be sure as i cannot go back.

At this point, i would NOT trust CNN at those numbers.

edit on 11-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Dutch media report: Romney wins by 3%

Time: Laatste update: 12 februari 2012 01:02 info
www.nu.nl...
edit on 11-2-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

It's not though. The mainstream media is reporting that Romney won?! It's absurd. One place shows Paul up by ten percent and shows the vote count in all the counties yet the MSM shows Romney up by like 3 -5 percent.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Folks remember when the recounted Iowa Santorum was the winner...this is not finished yet

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
CNN is stressing Romey "beat" Ron Paul..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

how the hell?

and dub tee eff?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

True, and I remember CNN staying up all night saying its too close to call. Funny how they declare a winner so quickly except when its close for Ron Paul to win. Again this really doesn't determine who will win the GOP nomination, but it points to mass population manipulation of opinion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join