It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Maine Caucus Results Thread!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
According to the OP link posted docs.google.com...

Ron Paul is WINNING Maine?

Is this Google Doc updated? What is the final total?

I'm confused.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Double post...sorry

edit on 11-2-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'll go one further Xcalibur. So you say it wouldn't be fair if Dr Paul somehow got the nomination through a flawed delegate choosing process. So let's look at it this way.

Take the electoral college process. Now our laws say whoever has the most electoral votes wins, even though the total POPULAR vote may be different.

Isn't that disenfranchising of the voting public as well?

Popular vote losers who became President through electoral college-Bush,Harrison, Hayes, and Adams.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

It looks as though the website may be having problems due to traffic. Every time I go to the link it says that results are minimal due to traffic.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Of course election fraud happens in this country. Has everyone forgotten about the 2000 and 2004 election?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Pax-83.7% of the vote is in.

Other caucuses still have to vote and won't be done til March 3rd. There is no official certification of this vote yet.
Not sure if there will be as Maine considers itself a "straw poll".

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I got wind of this Politico link www.politico.com...#/President/2012/Primary/

Went there and clicked Maine on the map.

Says Paul is in second with 83.7% of results in.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Once again I don't think they would. To many in the GOP Ron Paul is just as bad, if not worse, than Obama. At least they know what to expect with Obama whereas, in their minds, Paul is crazy. Throw in the fact that many would then think that their vote was worthless and feel disenfranchised and you could expect to see low Republican voter turn out. If Paul actually wants to win the presidency he can't get the nomination on a technicality. He would need the full support of the GOP behind him as well as draw in the Independent vote and part of the Democrat voters. If he wins on a technicality though you can expect a lot of Republican voters to not vote at all and you might even expect to see many of Romney's supporters end up voting for Obama.

I do have to say that I find it slightly hypocritical that Paul supporters are constantly complaining about how these primaries are being run yet have no problem if Paul wins on a technicality even though it doesn't represent the will of the people. Paul supporters talk about how Paul will make this country what it once was, yet they don't seem to have a problem with him winning in a way that goes against the entire democratic process.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
How can a winner be declared when the margin is that close and there are still 16% remaining to be counted? Are they intentionally shoving Romney in as the winner hoping nobody would notice? I mean seriously WTF is going on!?!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I've made that same point a few times now. However, Paul's supporters are taking it a step further. Generally electors are required to vote how their state voted. There are however a few states that allow electors to vote differently. What Paul's supporters are doing would be like if every state allowed their electors to vote differently from the state and the all did so. Not only is it winning on a technicality. It's winning by going against everything that this country was founded on.

The truth is the electoral college is an antiquated system as well as the way primaries a re run. While at one time they served a purpose we now live in a world where it is easy to tabulate the popular vote and as a result the winner should always be the one the public supports most, not the one who happened to win the most populous states. That doesn't mean that gaming the system is going to ingratiate Ron Paul to a lot of voters.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
How can a winner be declared when the margin is that close and there are still 16% remaining to be counted? Are they intentionally shoving Romney in as the winner hoping nobody would notice? I mean seriously WTF is going on!?!

Of course they are. They wanted Romney to win and so they will declare it. If the full count shows Ron Paul won, well that will be either quietly swept under the rug, or they will just say those votes went "missing".

This election process is a sham. They want Romney against Obama. Either way "they" win... and we lose.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The GOP announced that even if these votes from the remaining caucuses changed the outcome that they wouldn't be tallied in this straw poll. Paul gets 2nd no matter what, but he can still run away with the delegates. The straw poll is just a beauty contest, although it would help Paul immensely if he came out on top in that remaining 17% and won the state. I think he can win a boat load of delegates, but it's unreasonable to assume he can win without carrying a single state.

For whatever reason they decided to call this one before the other remaining votes were cast and no matter how they turn out in the future they won't be added to the tally, so even if Paul comes out on top, there is no way he can get credit for winning the state. lol. You can't make this # up, but they do and people buy it hook, line and sinker.
edit on 11-2-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
docs.google.com...=1
According to this site Ron Paul is leading

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
everyone ignored maine but paul

he should have won by 25%

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I'd say the results are what should have been expected. Gingrich and Santorum were pretty much non-entities, but Romney took the state back in 2008. While his lack of campaigning cost him he still retained many supporters from last time around. However, it's clear that Paul's campaigning paid off as he more than doubled his numbers from 2008.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

its quite amazing how they fail at maths so badly.

16% of votes left to count, mitt officially supposed to be on 2190 votes and ron on 1996.

thats a measly 194 vote count difference, and they are calling it?

talk about rigged to #.

16% of votes to count with a difference of only 194 votes between first and second and they "call" it and basically are saying oh hey, even if that other 16% we havn't counted yet all vote for ron paul, we are just gonna pretend thy dont exist. sorry guys!

who are that other 16%? did they just hand pick out like 16% of paul votes and go "LOL I GOT AN IDEA< LETS JUST SAY THESE VOTES DONT COUNT! HAHA!" and the sad thing is no one is gonna do anything about it even if that is what happened.

what a sad, #ed up system democracy is. with the mighty US of A the prime example of its dodginess.
edit on 11-2-2012 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I plague every article on cnn,msnbc,fox abc and cbs with my I WILL ONLY VOTE FOR RON PAUL,,THE MARCH IS ON THE 20TH OF FEBRUARY......if you are a PAUL supporter i urge you to do the same.....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
For those interested, this is a precinct by precinct tally of the voting in Maine-

www.mainegop.com...

I'd make a copy of it incase it's changed later.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

it's more a function of the 3 minute news cycle

"that is so 17 seconds ago"

it's a business where scoops are separated by seconds

they rush to judgement to please the audience

us

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If Ron Paul Wins/Won will there be Voter Fraud?

i mean, if other Candidates could do it, why couldn't Ron Paul Correct?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join