It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Maine Caucus Results Thread!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
My fellow ATSer's, this thread is for dicussion of the Maine caucus and the results of it.

CNN is showing live coverage of some caucuses via the web and can be found here-

www.cnn.com...#/video/cvplive/cvpstream2

Some early results have been reported as the caucuses have been going on already for a week and do not end til March 3rd. The "results" will be reported on later today because they will have a sufficient number of them in and will be able to make the call.(unless Iowa happens again)

Looking good for Dr Paul!!

Early results so far-

Paul-48%
Romney-33%
Santorum-10%
Gingrich-9%
Other-1%

587 votes cast

docs.google.com...

Go Ron Go

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Wow so much great Ron Paul news lately!

Thank you, S+F

Lets watch this one closely

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Fantastic!!!

Go Dr Ron Paul!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You just know the GOP hates this sort of attention, like a thief hates indoor lighting and security cameras.
Let's keep an eye on the snakes.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
South Portland caucus results-

81 voters

Rom-29
Paul-28
San-19
Newt-5
Other-1

Go Ron Go!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And via a Facebook friend from Maine-

Super caucuses at Sanford and Lewiston are full of people wearing Ron Paul shirts and gear and not many Romney supporters showing up.

Ron Paul signs are plastered everywhere!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really hope that Ron pulls this one off. If Ron could walk away with a couple of wins back to back it might swing the momentum and focus onto him for a change.

ETA: Which counties are the pivotal ones?
edit on 2/11/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
bedford-nh.patch.com...

Rowdy crowd in Sanford! About 1000 folks showed up to vote and lot's of vocal supporters for RP.

Here was the scene as voters arrived-

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Yes he needs a couple of wins to stay in this. He is already very far behind in the delegate count and if he keeps finishing near the bottom he will never overcome the lead of Romney.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Who are all these ppl voting for romney? Seriously? All I see is every YouTube video, every sign on US soil, every broadcast on tv, every online Forum, every US Campus all about Ron Paul.

Are they all older people voting for the other 3? I'm confused.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

People keep saying that, the news keeps reporting it, but it's just not true.
We don't know where the delegates are going to go. It is a projection of where they would go if the delegate was a hardcore supporter of the winner of that state which is not always the case in an election with no clear cut winner. No matter how hard they want Romney to be, he just isn't yet.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

People keep saying that, the news keeps reporting it, but it's just not true.
We don't know where the delegates are going to go. It is a projection of where they would go if the delegate was a hardcore supporter of the winner of that state which is not always the case in an election with no clear cut winner. No matter how hard they want Romney to be, he just isn't yet.

Here you go:

elections.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Top three counties in Maine by population-

Cumberland-274,000
York-202,000
Penobscot-147,000

Go Ron Go!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

LOLOLOL

From the article

Ralph Ginorio, a history teacher from Limington, Maine, was a surrogate for Rick Santorum and spoke to the crowd in favor of him. At one point, Ginorio talked about how Santorum is the one candidate who says what he means and means what he says. "That's Ron Paul!" someone in the crowd yelled. In response, Ginorio said, "Ron Paul's isolationist policy invites a second Holocaust."

Time to get a new history teacher seriously. This history teacher obviously doesn't understand isolationism, or the holocaust. What an idiotic propaganda response.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Congrats.. That is just an example of what I was saying about how the media wants you to think the delegates have been awarded, but in REALITY they have not.

I can find you some more sources that say that if you like, it doesn't mean anything. The problem with 24 hour news mediums, a lot of times they don't have news worth reporting 24/7. So we get this kinda thing.
edit on 11-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I understand your point very well but if you seriously think those delegates are going to flop over to Paul it simply won't happen. Could they? Sure they could but its a rare event when a delegate doesn't vote for the person they pledged they would.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Let us hope that if (by that I mean when) Dr. Paul wins in Maine, people will awaken from their pathetic American dream and actualize it!

I figure also that if you can win one state, then it is highly likely that you can win the ones near it too, that's just how politics seems to work. If he can secure the northeastern vote, that'd be pretty nice.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Okay, the delegate arguement.

There's a reason why Dr Paul is targeting the caucus states moreso than the others. Delegates are not awarded on primary caucus day. Local delegates are voted on at the PRECINCT level at the caucuses. Then they go to a county or state convention at a later date to vote on delegates to the GOP National Convention.

Now in the non-caucus states, the process varies from state to state. Some states ARE winner take all and some are proportioned.

Even still in the non-caucus states, local delegates are elected to go to county and/or state conventions. MSM is simply guessing based upon winners of the primaries and doesn't explain it because they assume most won't care or not understand the process.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You must not be following closely what is going on.
Most of the delegates that would go to Santorum by vote are in fact delegates for Paul.
They aren't really pledged by the way.

and in official delegate count, Paul is in third. After he gets his delegates from tuesday he will likely be in second.

On Thursday, uber-primary watcher Josh Putnam warns of extrapolating delegate counts from states that do not explicitly tie election results to the actual allocation of delegates.

source

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Sometimes I don't know who's worse at getting the facts straight in regards to politics. The MSM or some ATS members. One post talks about RP leading in Delagates then someone says he's far behind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join