It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's an update on the "strange metal boxes washed up on Oregon beach"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
after reading it a bit I found this interesting (enough t think about going down there).

"...In turn, these boxes are “not moveable,” and they are solid and metallic and seem to have this keening wail coming from both the boxes and the atmosphere around them,” adds Errol who’s been called in to “see what’s up” by locals thinking it “has something to do with UFOs” quipped a local senior named Doris who said she heard “a miaowing wail come from the boxes Sunday evening...”

"....It’s as if an alarm went off, when a “high, shrill, piercing, frightening ring caught our attention Sunday evening,” explained Doris, a local senior whose retired and lives nearby Stonefield Beach. “I know crazy things happen over at Stonefield, but when you walk down and see that metal box sort of glowing in the surf it gets your attention real quick.”
At the same time, Doris said this area around Stonefield Beach is a very “quiet place,” where “nothing but seagulls and the Pacific Ocean waves to break the quiet.”

"While these “metal boxes” buried up and down the Oregon coast are real to the touch and sight, a local professor of psychology – whose attempted to explain away the “strange goings on at both Bray’s Point and here at Stonefield Beach,” thinks the many “of these remote living residents who claim to see UFOs at night are simply not using the tool between their ears to figure this stuff out.”

Now thats cool and puzzling.

Have they tried using a blowtorch yet?

Yes, because there are so many explanations for sealed metal boxes full of wailing sounds showing up on a civilian shore.

Sometimes, people declare believers nuts because they themselves don't want to admit that there is a very potent life-form from beyond this world not only walking among us, but also impervious to our means of control. It would mean, "Holy crap, I'm wrong and we don't know WHAT this is!"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tvv1stedJustice
would be intresting if true .. need a atser to go down and video it themselves so we can see for ourselves and judge it our way . ..

alright damnit ill do it,

when this topic first poped up the first thing i wanted to do was drive down there myself with my nice 10 mega pixel camera and get my own photo's / video,

problem is, it is 1 and a half hr drive from me and i dont have a car right now, wont until tuesday,

so on tuesday ill make the damn drive to go check this thing out, if it is even still there by then,

my curiosity is just to much not to go check it out.
edit on 2/10/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A generator and a plasma cutter would open them up right quick.

And I also think if these were all up and down Washington, Oregon and California it would be news at least locally and then nationally.

I tend to agree that this is a HOAX. Being ATS, the answer will be found one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Tuesday! we can't wait till then, thankfully it will still be there because it is "immovable"
Riiight..
I noticed in the two pictures of the box's that must have washed ashore...there is no washout around them..ya know, how anything like shells or ships cause when they are in the sand and waves wash back and forth around them?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe a Decepticon nanotechnology weopon set to transform on given signal from Shockwave. seriously it is strange.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Oh, Thank You for doing this for the cause....here's a snack for your trip....

Des

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster
reply to post by jimbo999

This is deffinately a hoax! How can it float yet be so heavy its immovable. If it was real it would be much bigger news. And theres no evidence of it being any of the things stated, just two pictures, which could be cardboard boxes for all we know :')

You reasoning for a "hoax" falls short IMO. If you put an ocean liner in that spot and tried to move it with 4 wheelers in sand, it would be "immovable" as well.....plus, an ocean liner is heavy....*AND* floats......

It may be a hoax but not for the "reasoning" you put forth, LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Dave Masko just posted a comment - www.huliq.com...-70657

"Submitted by Dave Masko on 2012-02-10.
As of Feb. 10 there's still no "movement" on the metal boxes. I have received a call back from the Hatfield, per my query about the boxes and the official comment is still "we don't know what they are?" As for the many comments and questions, the song remains the same when it comes to anything linked to UFOs, per news travels fast but not answers to the who, what, when, where and why. I will update this story when I learn more. thanks, DM"

Seems like we could find someone on FB or something that is in Bray's Point who could go verify this, or better yet maybe the "reporter" could.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pctoolbin

Thats not how bouyancy works, a cannonball is hard to move, and its smaller than a cruise ship, yet it doesn't float.
It works on density, the object needs to displace less water than its own density in order to float, so a small object could be very dense, like leadnand sink whereas an ocean liner is heavy, but is designed to float, so it does

Just because something big floats doesnt mean something smaller will too

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Just wondering if anyone can remember the report a few months back of the large rectangular box found in the Ant Arctic?????

edit on 10-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Can't say I remember that one... But I do remember some stories of some large lego men washing up on a shore somewhere. Doubtfull there is any connection. The crap that washes up on shore in some places it truely strange.
Like this: en.wikipedia.org...

I just don't see how these metal boxes would be able to "wash up" tidal currents are strong but to deposit them up the shore like this would have to take time or one hell of a wave. Maybe they have always been there and the tide is exposing them. This is just strange. We need a member who lives close to go investigate. Any takers?

Update: Right on pryingopen3rdeye! Looking forward to hear what you find down there.
Good Luck!

edit on 10-2-2012 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2012 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
we have seen this before have we not? marketing campaign for a new scifi? not a viral one but sure to go viral.
anyway i really hope this is the explanation.
has anyone tried knocking on one of these boxes and shouting pandora....if a female voice answers please do not open

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Don't open them!! These boxes are made by Pandora and we already know what opening one of those has already done.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Sure is scary to think they could have easily been "floating nukes" what an indeed clever attack method that would be

Very clever. Even more clever if...lets say some sound frequency...maybe the weird sounds people are reporting... triggered them all to act like Transformers at the same time and attack us!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
Apparently these have been seen before...

UFO history filled with “mystery boxes”
Thus, within these British government UFO files, available via the Internet, are the Sri Lanka beach boxes that are similar in both size, coloring and shape; with locals all along Sri Lanka’s beaches – located in the blue waters of the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal – stating in the recently released British UFO documents that “the strange metal boxes appeared suddenly, and after numerous reported UFO sightings.”

Why not go the whole nine yards?

Don't quote stuff like this. You are obviously in the know and since these documents are freely available on the internet, why not direct us to the relevant web-page?

Until then you are just spreading words designed to make a possible hoax believable.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If these are real, and are making a high pitched whine, get the F**K away from them, and bug out to somewhere upwind and at least 50 miles away from them! They are nuclear bombs in DU housings. Anyone with a Geiger counter test one? DU will make a Geiger counter go nuts.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I thought i read that these boxes were put there to handle a large increase in squid or jellyfish or something like that. I cant remember where I read that, but sounds more plausible. I will try to find the link.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I love these kinds of things. Has anyone thought to call the local police dept public affairs desk and ask about the boxes? Or the local newspaper?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Yeah .. must have sprung from the mind of a genius.

You simply put a nuke in a metal box, throw it into a random river, wait till it reaches the ocean, and then randomly will be washed onto a beach, maybe just around the corner, maybe on the other end of the world, and then it blows everything up.

Very clever indeed. And so sneaky.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'd be more inclined to believe there's a rational explanation. What's interesting is the wailing noise that is allegedly being heard, it kind of reminds me of those atmospheric and monotonous noises being recorded around the world (though once again, that in itself could have been a hoax, I haven't kept up with it).

Even if it's just a container making noises because of the wind, I still think it's pretty darn cool!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada

"While these “metal boxes” buried up and down the Oregon coast are real to the touch and sight, a local professor of psychology – whose attempted to explain away the “strange goings on at both Bray’s Point and here at Stonefield Beach,” thinks the many “of these remote living residents who claim to see UFOs at night are simply not using the tool between their ears to figure this stuff out.”

dismissing something outright that you don't have the faintest clue about, without any research or investigation and diagnosing a mental illness to the people at bray's point is "not simply using the tool between their years to figure stuff out", and the definition of ignorance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join