It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's an update on the "strange metal boxes washed up on Oregon beach"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Originally posted by Tvv1stedJustice
would be intresting if true .. need a atser to go down and video it themselves so we can see for ourselves and judge it our way . ..

alright damnit ill do it,

when this topic first poped up the first thing i wanted to do was drive down there myself with my nice 10 mega pixel camera and get my own photo's / video,

problem is, it is 1 and a half hr drive from me and i dont have a car right now, wont until tuesday,

so on tuesday ill make the damn drive to go check this thing out, if it is even still there by then,

my curiosity is just to much not to go check it out.
edit on 2/10/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

Well, according to "reliable" sources...the box is immovable. So it should still be there when you show up.

Be sure to examine it and get some good close ups on all sides. We want DETAILS, DETAILS!

Seriously, we're all very curious and we want a very good description of what we're looking at.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Is it possible - as another member above pointed out - that they have always been there and are simply being exposed now by the erosion of the sand also - may be they are attached to something underneath????

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Has anyone mentioned both pictures have a color filter applied to them? It's making the boxes appear nearly the same color as the sand. It would as I said that both pics have this filter technique applied to them? I don't know why anyone would do this or what bearing it has on this being something of significance or not?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
In addition to the color filter being used, has anyone noticed that you can see light under the far left corner of the box?

First thing I would try is to dig down to see how far it extends into the sand.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

Why does this bring up images of the monoliths from 2001 a space oddesy ?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

holy crap!!!....read this entire thread...was gonna make a brilliant reply about us circling it and hitting it with sticks!!

beat me to it

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

People wanted another pic of one of these 'metal boxes' - here is another apparently.

Real or not, I don't know, but intriguing just the same. There is also updated info and quotes from various Government officials about the boxes.

What do people think?

I think we should ask the guy that supposedly found the boxes and ask him (he does have a PHD)

Dr. Bill Hanshumaker Contact Email Located Here

Was going to shoot him an email, but if someone else wants to, have at it....

edit on 10-2-2012 by FORMe2p00p0n because: can't spell for poop

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Found this tidbit while trying to search for any reliable sources on these boxes.

From a Shipwreck Regsitry site:

Another treasure story from Oregon tells of a Spanish ship at anchor off the Nehalem shore. A party of local indians observed a small boat with a large black box dispatched for the shore. The party from this boat, which included a black man, took the box and buried it a little way up the beach near the Southwest side of the slopes of Neah-Kah-Nie. They then killed the black man and placed him on the box before covering it up. They then left as they had arrived. Native superstition would not allow the box to be dug up. There are many stories of attempts to locate this chest and it is said the slope is full of holes from this effort. There is a rock at the base of the mountain with what resembles a cross cut into it and possibly the words "IHS", a catholic symbol and an arrow pointing in a direction. One story tell of a Thomas McKay of the Hudsons Bay Co who seemed in later years to have an abundance of wealth. Did he find the box or was he just a good trader.

I looked on the map for the Nehalem shore and it is pretty spot on to the Rockaway beach area. Interesting...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by krazyiven
Why does everything to me now days feels like its the start of project bluebeam.

Because you think about project bluebeam quite often and much of the world appears that way as a result.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

mystery solved

BP missing some more metal boxes ?
If it was laid on it's side it looks to be the same size
and color.
the beeping could be a satellite locating device.

www.youtube.com...
looks same as this from a side view

. . . but what are they used for exactly ?

edit on 12/2/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I didn't know about this until just now, I was on a phone call with a buddy of mines that lives right on the coast and he's telling me the local authorities have called hazmat teams out to investigate in these boxes...showing up..he says they are humming and glowing... The glowing part is what brings the "alien" idea into place for me...

Anyway, will keep you all posted.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthisAuthority
Hey everyone, I didn't know about this until just now, I was on a phone call with a buddy of mines that lives right on the coast and he's telling me the local authorities have called hazmat teams out to investigate in these boxes...showing up..he says they are humming and glowing... The glowing part is what brings the "alien" idea into place for me...

Anyway, will keep you all posted.

Well...they have supposedly, been sitting there for a long time. Seems far longer than to just be investigated now.

Why don't you have your buddy take some photos with his phone, send them to you to post here....that would make your story more believable....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ok, If this is real... Why are there no videos on youtube? They have supposedly been there for days.. and nothing?
There are no reports of this, other than the one single article.. That has been chopped up and posted a few places.
Why is no one on here there right now? Are you honestly telling me we do NOT have an ATS member in or near Stonefield?

I am having a very hard time believing that something like this could have no coverage..

I mean come on, even those odd atmosphere sounds.. THEY have corroboration all over youtube at least...

This, this I can find nothing about.... anywhere.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n

People wanted another pic of one of these 'metal boxes' - here is another apparently.

Real or not, I don't know, but intriguing just the same. There is also updated info and quotes from various Government officials about the boxes.

What do people think?

I think we should ask the guy that supposedly found the boxes and ask him (he does have a PHD)

Dr. Bill Hanshumaker Contact Email Located Here

Was going to shoot him an email, but if someone else wants to, have at it....

edit on 10-2-2012 by FORMe2p00p0n because: can't spell for poop

I emailed him a few days ago and the Hatfield marine centre were he works. I've had no reply so far. I still can't believe people are falling for this. We have a writer with a track record of lying who writes grammatically terrible 'articles' and a couple of tiny pictures of some objects on a beach (could be any beach). We have only Dave Masko's word that any of what he described has happened.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
DrHammonStoat,

Why are you putting so much effort trying to dis-info this article?

We have dumped massive amounts of bad things into the oceans. If you call up and report a bunch of 55 gallon barrels have washed ashore in certain areas.....people will show up wearing chem suits, gas masks, and waiving geiger counters.

And you won't see it reported on the news.

The National Response Center....looking at Oregon for reports lately.....

""""""""MV ALASKAN NAVIGATOR HAS REPORTED DISCOVERY OF A 3-FOOT INDENTATION AND A 2-INCH CRACK IN THE DOUBLE-HULL "J" BALLAST TANK BELOW THE WATER LINE. THE VESSEL IS TAKING ON WATER,"""""""

It's a BP Shipping....ship. I think it's somehow all tied to that BP ship taking on water after it struck something.

I don't doubt we pump all kinds of crud into the sea but that doesn't make Dave Masko's report true. There may be metal objects washed up on beaches but the point here is that all kinds of wacky claims have been made about some particular metal objects on Oregon beaches being linked to UFOs. If I can prove that Dave Masko has made this up then I would just be revealing the truth, which is not 'dis info' is it?

I have put a small amount of effort into this because I have no respect for people who are blatantly dishonest and make the whole UFO subject seem ridiculous to the mainstream world.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

thank you for the cookies
xD

im getting anxious, if i get down there and the damn thing is no where to be seen im gonna be pissed, 3 hours to get there and back, highway 101 is narrow windy through woodlands and along cliff faces, scenic sure, but dangerous as well, such a long drive down such a significant highway better not be for nothing, gas aint cheap!

i wish i had a better idea of where this thing is, at this point all i know to do is drive to brays point and walk the beach as much as i can,

anyone know is it north end south end or in the middle area of brays point?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Gas indeed isn't cheap.However, if you do find it and it turns out to be just a piece of metal "junk" you could take it to the scrappers yourself, and get your gas money that way.

Not before taking pics of it, offcourse.

*btw, how are you doing on opening that 3rd eye ?

edit on 12-2-2012 by TommyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Good luck on the trip. I am calling hoax because of the Sri Lanka twist they added. I did a search and limited results to articles in the 1990's to 2006 and there were NO related articles about boxes in Sri Lanka. I'd take that guys contact info in case it is a bust, and call him out on it. Remember to bring the recording devices.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TommyD

Gas indeed isn't cheap.However, if you do find it and it turns out to be just a piece of metal "junk" you could take it to the scrappers yourself, and get your gas money that way.

Not before taking pics of it, offcourse.

*btw, how are you doing on opening that 3rd eye ?

edit on 12-2-2012 by TommyD because: (no reason given)

im not about to go all the way down there and forget to take pics lol

and to be honest i am doing much better with the whole 3rd eye thing then i was when i first made this account, things have improved, by 3rd eye i mean it in more of a metaphorical way to represent finding my way in life learning what sort of character id like to shape of myself, i am a better person then i was 2 years ago, and that was my goal, to improve myself, but thats off topic,

hopefully within 20 hours give or take i will have some pictures and video WITH audio to post of a strange wailing alien metal box that is IMMOVABLE, but more then likely ill end up with pictures/vid of junk trash lol

edit on 2/13/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Hmm, I just woke up and checked here.. Figured you'd have pictures by now.. But obviously I forgot about me being in a different time zone..

If the box thing is real though that would be awesome, it inspired my dream, as I saw some sort of beacon and the aliens came because we triggered something with those boxes. Ah, dreams, you gotta love 'em.

Funny how you also have a box/cube in your avatar

edit on 13-2-2012 by TommyD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join