It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's an update on the "strange metal boxes washed up on Oregon beach"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
would be intresting if true .. need a atser to go down and video it themselves so we can see for ourselves and judge it our way . ..

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tvv1stedJustice

Yes, if someone could be bothered that would be good but..........

You (meaning anyone really) could also search all the Oregon local news websites, where you will find no mention of these 'boxes'.

You could look at all the previous stories written by Dave Masko and find out he writes a story about UFOs at Bray's point nearly every week, usually involving "Errol" ( no last name) of the Oregon UFO watchers.

You could look at the tiny picture Dave Masko has provided and ask the question 'How do we know it was taken on an Oregon beach at all?'.

You could look at all of the claims in the article and ask why anyone is taking them at face value when they are not backed up by anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
DrHammonStoat,

Why are you putting so much effort trying to dis-info this article?

We have dumped massive amounts of bad things into the oceans. If you call up and report a bunch of 55 gallon barrels have washed ashore in certain areas.....people will show up wearing chem suits, gas masks, and waiving geiger counters.

And you won't see it reported on the news.

The National Response Center....looking at Oregon for reports lately.....

""""""""MV ALASKAN NAVIGATOR HAS REPORTED DISCOVERY OF A 3-FOOT INDENTATION AND A 2-INCH CRACK IN THE DOUBLE-HULL "J" BALLAST TANK BELOW THE WATER LINE. THE VESSEL IS TAKING ON WATER,"""""""

It's a BP Shipping....ship. I think it's somehow all tied to that BP ship taking on water after it struck something.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

you hit the nail on the head...I searched local oregon papers and tv stations and not a peep. An internet search only brings this same article and other UFO sights reproducing it. Smells hoax-y to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Apparently these have been seen before...

UFO history filled with “mystery boxes”
Thus, within these British government UFO files, available via the Internet, are the Sri Lanka beach boxes that are similar in both size, coloring and shape; with locals all along Sri Lanka’s beaches – located in the blue waters of the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal – stating in the recently released British UFO documents that “the strange metal boxes appeared suddenly, and after numerous reported UFO sightings.”

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Since we are going with wild speculation. I say they are black boxes for inter-dimensional ships/UFO's/USO's.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Or they could be rare earth metals,
materializing out off thin air,,
Placed strategically at Node points,, think acupucture,,
throughout the planet,
kind of like the little nub thing on your tires,,
or the planet is next in line for a frontal labotomy.
or,,

dont know,,but u would think there would be at least a national Enquirer news team?
where's Kolchak?
or
the guy from x-files??
ripley's??
p.t.barnum?
anyone?

wow,,,,nothing but crickets,,,

Me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Is anyone else thinking our military might have something to do with these? As in some kind of coastal protection devices...such as the new Sea Ceptor: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Could be a connection with whatever the military is preparing the West Coast for, with all the recent...

Heavy artillery movement....www.youtube.com...

Troop movement....www.pakalertpress.com...

Increase in Urban Warfare training drills....www.kfiam640.com...

FEMA internment camps....theintelhub.com...

These "preparations" are happening all over the country, but they seem to be concentrated on the West Coast

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

This psychologist says "of these remote living residents who claim to see UFOs at night are simply not using the tool between their ears to figure this stuff out.”

and then offers no explanation himself?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Do you know how much junk is dumped on purpose or accidentally in the ocean? TONS

They could be anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They came from the blue

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I use to live on the Oregon Coast
and roamed the beachs a lot. What
you see are Japanese glass fishing
floats and toys that come in from
Japan. That is most likely what
these boxes are as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
WTH? Nothing is "un movable." If they washed up on the beach, then they are easily movable. No indication they are off limits to the public or dangerous in any way, surely someone can go down and have a look, take some pics and some video. Make sure to bring a hammer!
I've never seen anything I couldn't destruct, so somebody needs to find out what is inside!

That is, assuming they even exist. The whole thing definitely sounds hoaxy, but since it is from the last couple of days, it should be very easy to verify for authenticity. Either the boxes exist or they don't, and if they exist, grab one and open the sucker up!

I'm all the way on the other coast, so I'm no help in this case, but if anybody hears of immovable boxes washing up along the Gulf Coast or Florida Panhandle, let me know, and I'll take the truck down and grab a couple!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

"...In turn, these boxes are “not moveable,”

I find this most troubling as I bet it all on the "Irresistible Force". Epic paradox resolved.

Does it say what attempts were made to move these boxes?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Is it impossible to x-ray these things?

Could they be "the black boxes" from older planes that went down and were not recovered?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What I do know is I live on Lake Michigan and if anything metal washed ashore the scrappers would be killing each other to get it. thats what the news would be not the boxes. If it's metal and it's on the ground it wouldn't be come sun up. Saw a guy on a bike carrying a car door on his sholder turning into the scrap yard the other day.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This is deffinately a hoax! How can it float yet be so heavy its immovable. If it was real it would be much bigger news. And theres no evidence of it being any of the things stated, just two pictures, which could be cardboard boxes for all we know :')

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Is it impossible to x-ray these things?

Could they be "the black boxes" from older planes that went down and were not recovered?

There would be a visible interface for the connections to a plane and unless it was very badly damaged it should be fairly evident what it was. The problem is the size, several dozen black boxes should fit in one of these. From the dimensions on the last page these boxes are the same volume as the cargo capacity of a Ford Explorer.

The black box is quite unlikely but it would be cool. Suppose one was from the Challenger with the last recorded message on the shuttle's black box. "Go on then, let the woman drive."

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think HOAX. If they were steel or even lead you could move them quite easily with a heavy duty truck. A big box of any metal would be valuable. They look a lot like ballast weights for a ship or a crane.Either someone with a big truck would take it to a scrap yard, or athorities would move them from the beach and try to find ther owner if they seemed valuable.

One thing is quite scary thoug if they are really emitting a high pitched whine. The high voltage generator/ capacitor charger of a nuclear bomb emits a whine not unlike a camera flash, but quite a bit louder; If they are unmovable they could be made of depleted uranium with a nuclear bomb inside. At those dimensions the objects would be extremely heavy.

False flag anyone?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Did nobody look at the image and straight away think 'Jumanji!!!'
I know I did, lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join