It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri teen girl gets 'life' for killing 9yr girl to 'find out what it felt like'...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

A central Missouri teenager who confessed to strangling, cutting and stabbing a 9-year-old girl because she wanted to know how it felt to kill someone was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison with the possibility of parole.
y.news

"I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead," Bustamante wrote in her diary, which was read in court by a handwriting expert. "I don't know how to feel atm. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the 'ohmygawd I can't do this' feeling, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now.

The prosecutor asked for a longer sentence stating premeditation, the defendant for a shorter sentence sighting the 'killer' had been horribly depressed, was taking the antidepressant Prozac and blamed the violence on the drug. Also, the girl had suffered from acute depression and tried to commit suicide before she went on her killing outing.

The prosecutor noted Bustamante - who killed the 9 year old when she was 15 years old had dug two graves before the killing and 'lured' the victim 'out to play'.

I don't know what to say - Big Pharma responsible for another killing?
The parents?
Society?
Or at 15, was Bustamante just a cold blooded psycho?

Life. Life in prison when her life hasn't even started because she took a life.

Wow - it's just unfathomable all the way around.

peace
edit on 8-2-2012 by silo13 because: spelling original from girls diary

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I don't know what to say - Big Pharma responsible for another killing?
The parents?
Society?
Or at 15, was Bustamante just a cold blooded psycho?

All of the above?

Life. Life in prison when her life hasn't even started because she took a life.

The verdict is just, in my humble opinion.

Peace to the victim's family.

edit on 8-2-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow..... Her own words are downright chilling and remind me of one thing above all others. She reminds me of a dog or a lion that has tasted human blood. Once that happens, killing it really isn't optional anymore. It's removed the taboo of attacking people and it will attack again. Same with her.....she got off on this, by her diary entry and can be expected to do it again. Sick.

I hope this girl dies of old age, never seeing freedom or open air again. There is a 9yr old soul that never got that chance at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

She reminds me of a dog or a lion that has tasted human blood.

How chilling is that. First thing that came to mind - for me? She got a taste of it and she liked it, just like an animal. How scary is that.

I'd like to be empathetic for the girl (killer) - you know, that whole 'I've never walked in her shoes so why should I judge her', on Prozac, terrible life, etc...

BUT - Just imagining what it would be like to experience a horrific death as the victim most assuredly did my desire for empathy disappears.

peace

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Big Pharma has nothing to do with premeditated murder

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wish she could find out what the death penalty feels like.....

MOTF!

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
if someone killed my 9 year old daughter they wouldn't make it past the first step of the courthouse.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is yet another example of why there needs to be an alternative to prison.

I have nothing else to say other than I think story's like this should touch everybody's soul and make them realize that the system we have now has major faults. Prison wont change this girl, it will institutionalize her and give her a very distort her view on reality at a young age. There is ways of helping this girl, prison not been one of them.

My thoughts go out with the family, on both sides.

Society needs to look at what is triggering this type of behavior and instead of imprisoning them - deal with the problem, not put it on ice

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
She'll find out eventually what it's like being the mouse. That's f'ing creepy

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We should get rid of our prison system as is..make them do extremely hard labor everyday..sun up to sun down. Constant work..constant work. No air conditioning, no comfy prison beds, no tv, nothing. This laying around prison is for the birds. Serve them dog food and make them sleep on the floor...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

agreed...Someone does something to my children their sentence is death...

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by silo13

Big Pharma has nothing to do with premeditated murder

MEDICATED KILLERS 1

MEDICATED KILLERS 2

MEDICATED KILLERS 3

MEDICATED KILLERS 4

MEDICATED KILLERS 5

MEDICATED KILLERS 6

Ignorance denied!!

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by silo13

Wow..... Her own words are downright chilling and remind me of one thing above all others. She reminds me of a dog or a lion that has tasted human blood. Once that happens, killing it really isn't optional anymore. It's removed the taboo of attacking people and it will attack again. Same with her.....she got off on this, by her diary entry and can be expected to do it again. Sick.

I hope this girl dies of old age, never seeing freedom or open air again. There is a 9yr old soul that never got that chance at all.

When i was 15, i did some fkd up sht. . I robbed of people double my age, stole from my family & friends, beaten kids up, i was racist to the bone, stole cars, bikes, motor bikes - robbed shops, sold drugs - the LOT.

Did i get locked up? nope, thank god - because if i did, i would of been in prison for a logn time, and no doubt not become the person i am today. My friends have been institutionalized and they actually enjoy prison - they have a very distort look on reality.

What i did go through was a massive reality check when i started to see more of my black family (been mixed race i grown up on white side)As well as many other life changing things, i started to mix with other people and taken my self away from that environment - which you become a product of very easy.

When i got kicked out of school i started to educate my self - my school never did that. I moved my self away from people who thought life was about self gain through drugs, stealing and anything else that isnt provided legally by society. I learnt that i can not be racist, its a tool of manipulation created by the people who use it to divide us, and all my life up till the point that i realized this, i was actually a slave, a product of their environment which they make you think you cant escape - but you can. You just need the right environment, and prison isnt one of them.

Im not proud of what iv done, at all - but the life experiences iv had, as bad as they are - im using them to guide other people, show them what i was and what iv become.

Anyway im ranting. . i just wanted to make it clear that given the chance in life, around the right people who push you to do good things, will create a positive person. Everybody is a product of their own environment - people want to change theirs allot of the time, but they cant - given the chance, they will. Like me.

/end rant

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

So the f...what..because some messed up little twerp was on pills does nothing for how much sympathy I give. I see monsters..pills or no pills. This is such a lousy excuse...she should have done herself in if she was really that depressed.

Give her hard labor until it kills her. Shackle her to twenty other men and women and make them move dirt all day long...I'm sick of paying for these little sh!ts.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
This is yet another example of why there needs to be an alternative to prison.

I have nothing else to say other than I think story's like this should touch everybody's soul and make them realize that the system we have now has major faults. Prison wont change this girl, it will institutionalize her and give her a very distort her view on reality at a young age. There is ways of helping this girl, prison not been one of them.

My thoughts go out with the family, on both sides.

Society needs to look at what is triggering this type of behavior and instead of imprisoning them - deal with the problem, not put it on ice

There is an alternative to prison; life in a psychiatric institution. In my opinion she should be institutionalized, but not in prison. She needs proper psychiatric care. Plus, psychologists could use her as a case study to help learn what happened to drive her to killing an innocent child, which could help prevent others from following in her footsteps.

Prison will change this girl. Being surrounded by other killers and psychopaths for 25+ years will set her on the path to becoming a professional killer. A lot of gangs do their recruiting in prisons. In 25 years time she will have met hundreds of contacts who could get her working for the toughest crimelords in the country.

Imagine it, you're 40 years old, fresh out of prison. Your whole life has passed you by, and the one memory you have of your childhood is the exhilaration of commiting cold blooded murder. What do you think you want to do for the rest of your life?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if someone killed my 9 year old daughter they wouldn't make it past the first step of the courthouse.

reminds me of an article in the paper about 15 yrs ago
a man was found guilty of murdering another young man
the murderer spent 25 yrs in prison
within 1 minute of walking out the prison
the murderer was shot dead by the victims father
imagine that though, the father waited 25 yrs to get his revenge
dont underestimate people
edit on 10/25/2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

YOU DID NOT EVEN READ ONE OF THE LINKS DID YOU?
I posted the links because LongBottomLeaf was in denial about drug companies.

edit on 2-8-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to conform to skewed data syndrome.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Big Pharma has EVERYTHING to do with it. No 2nd. See previous posters list.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Thanks for sharing that. It's important to see that people can touch bottom and make it back as very well grounded and productive citizens. I'll agree that a bad period in life shouldn't necessarily end a life, and second chances are sometimes priceless for those who take them.

You know...I wonder about something though. I'm listening to what you're saying and especially how you chose to word it all and something strikes me. You're a human being. I'm not sarcastic..I mean you have empathy, remorse and a sense of right and wrong to what you did and how it fit into the larger world. I'll bet that core of good character is what made a recovery possible in your life.

I don't see that in this girl, again, by her own writings. Empathy? Remorse? What comes to my mind when I stop and let myself imagine what happened here...is that 9 year old girl. How she must have felt and thought...as she surely begged for her life and for it to stop. She couldn't have known that her pleas were falling on the ears of someone who was dealing with the feeling of 'Neat' for watching another human being die. The poor victim here couldn't possibly have been aware that, for that moment, she was being brutalized by what amounts to a machine with no capacity for compassion or mercy.

That poor little victim couldn't have known these things about that monster. However, we do now as a society...and it's the responsibility of society to insure that evil monster never gets near another unsuspecting victim again, for the rest of her natural life.

Second chances? Priceless. So is removing an animal in human form, before it kills again though.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Not that I'm condoning this, because I'm not, this is all hypothetical.

Don't do it in public. I don't care how much motivation there is......no body no crime. Period.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Even in prison though, this 15 year old is going to experience life. Something the 9 year old can't do. That isn't right.

An eye for an eye.

True story circa 1957:
karisable.com...

youtu.be...

Killing for the sake of it has been going on for a LONG time. You can't blame drugs.....you can't blame the current society, you can't blame the parents. At 15 she has her own mind. You blame HER. Period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join