It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1) An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
2) To use another old cliche, killing this girl makes us no better than her. Killing her now eliminates any chance of preventing a tragedy such as this in the future.
3) And what if you can blame the drugs? Not that this is about placing blame, but what if the drugs altered her state of mind, allowing the line of thought that supported her curiousity about murder? Drugs have been known to alter your brain, especially antidepressents. Hell, it's what they're designed to do.
Originally posted by CaptChaos
Of course, they don't SPEND anywhere near that on each con, more like 10. They ain't exactly feeding em filet mignon. And YOUR money already paid for the buildings to be built in the first place. 40 grand profit per head. Plus they then put them to work, making stuff for one penny an hour, which the corp. then sells at normal prices. Basically pure profit on top of profit.
Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
1) No it doesn't. Analogies don't work very well here. Realistically, it makes the world a better place because you have less people running around killing for the sake of it.
2) Killing that girl DOES make us better than her because she killed an innocent child for no good reason. We would be killing HER to ensure that senseless crimes like that don't happen again. If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you. How does killing her now eliminate any chance of preventing a tragedy by her hand in the future? That doesn't even make any sense. How does NOT having a killer walking free NOT ensure that it won't happen again? Are you insinuating that it's better for society as a whole to have a killer alive and in a prison that costs taxpayers money to try and rehabilitate them when the prison system isn't set up to reabilitate people, then it is to simply have them killed so you KNOW it will never happen again?
3) I don't care what drugs are designed to do. It's been my experience that drugs accentuate the emotions in a person that the drugs are meant to accentuate. In other words, if you don't have murderous thoughts in the first place, Prozac cannot expound upon that becasue it ISN'T THERE. Drugs don't MAKE you do things. They help bring out your natural propensity to do certain things. What excatly is it that you think drugs are anyway? If Prozac is such an effective anti-depressant, why does it make people more depressed than they were before?
Why do you think bad people keep doing bad things in this world?
Becasue they know they have bleeding hearts like you on their side to ensure they have all the human rights as I do. They don't DESERVE the same rights I do. I work hard and obey the law. They don't. And that's only ONE instance I can think of to where they're not my equals. You want good things in this life, you EARN them. You don't go out, kill somebody for the sake of it, and keep living where they shelter and feed you everyday and expect to get any sympathy from me or other likeminded people. Let 'em rot.
If the majority of the people think like you do, then it's no wonder why I don't like many people in this world. You enable people like this girl to keep breeding. You're helping to pollute the gene pool.
Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
reply to post by Glass
Thank you and it means shortening of the way, a generic term. I try and think of myself more as a mediator understanding the thought processes of both sides. Yes the drugs can alter the state of mind, but we know by logic and gut feeling that murder is wrong.
Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
While I cant blame the curiosity, I think she should have picked someone older and with a purpose.
If I want to know how it feels like to take a human life, I'll prolly choose some pedophile, rapist or something around it to test my curiosity... not a 9 year old innocent. Plus I would be doing society a favor so I wouldnt care if I would get caught or not... but I would prolly try to get away with it also, just to see how good forensics really are when you chop a body in tiny pieces and carry it over 900miles, feeding a piece to each stray dog you see...
As soon as you get over the 'ohmygawd I can't do this' feeling,
t's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now.