It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman ‘Chased Himself’ for 20 Minutes While Looking for Suspect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

here's one for you ( and my law enforcement friends)

If you need to hire firefighters and police officers and you don't know who will be the best at their prospective professions suggest this to your Human Resource department.

dig a big hole.
place all applicants for fire and police positions in the hole
put a ladder in the hole
Those that figure out how to climb out of the hole using the ladder are firefighters
Those that stay in the hole are police.

An old joke but still a good one (If your a firefighter)

Told to me by my Dad, One hell of a Dad and Battalion Chief and loved by his men.
RIP Dad

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is the second time tonight a police-related thread has made me cry with laughter.

Would be nice if some policemen realised they were human too?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You sound so sure of yourself but I would rather not go there regarding Menzes working as contract electrician and what he may or may not have witnessed - Wish I could be so sure of myself and leave no room for doubt

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The Brits have the most CCTV cos TPTB are scared of them.

Did you know that Obamas constituency has the most CCTVs too, It's in Pennsylvania where the Amish go to trade. Forgot the name.
Makes you wonder why? Are the USA scared of the Amish too?

Maybe if the Brits realised who they really were, they would be formidable.
If the Brits actually knew what to do with their leylines, vortices and Churches, the Dark ones wouldn't stand a chance.

That's my tuppence.
peace

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by artistpoet

here's one for you ( and my law enforcement friends)

If you need to hire firefighters and police officers and you don't know who will be the best at their prospective professions suggest this to your Human Resource department.

dig a big hole.
place all applicants for fire and police positions in the hole
put a ladder in the hole
Those that figure out how to climb out of the hole using the ladder are firefighters
Those that stay in the hole are police.

An old joke but still a good one (If your a firefighter)

Told to me by my Dad, One hell of a Dad and Battalion Chief and loved by his men.
RIP Dad

Cute yes

My Father was a Carpenter and they used to joke that A bricklayer was a Carpenter with their brains bashed out.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
reply to post by Rockpuck

The Brits have the most CCTV cos TPTB are scared of them.

Did you know that Obamas constituency has the most CCTVs too, It's in Pennsylvania where the Amish go to trade. Forgot the name.
Makes you wonder why? Are the USA scared of the Amish too?

Maybe if the Brits realised who they really were, they would be formidable.
If the Brits actually knew what to do with their leylines, vortices and Churches, the Dark ones wouldn't stand a chance.

That's my tuppence.
peace

Shhhh - Idlle chatter costs lifes - We do have a plan
We got rid of the Romans didn't we.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I bet they are having great fun with that poor guy back at the nick...The copper who couldn't even catch his own shadow...

But its quite possible that due to network lag the delay may have seemed like it was another person-but IMO the fault was at the hands of the tech or camera operator rather than the copper.

Reminds me of a time back in my hell raising days of night clubbing-I had used the toilet in a club,and when I went to leave,there was a big guy in the doorway-I moved right,so did he,I moved left,so did he."Sorry cheif"I said.
I thought I was about to be facing trouble,just as my intoxicated eyes focused-and I saw that I was looking at my own reflection in a mirror-the door was a few metres to the side.
Funny what long forgotten memories some threads bring back.

Ah,those were the days.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Very suspicious story. From what is indicated the TV Op sees the suspect and alerts the PC. The PC sets off to chase the suspect who is in fact the PC. So far, reasonable mistake. Now as the suspect is moving he can go nowhere the PC doesn't. They are one in the same. If the TV Op is directing the PC, how does this happen?

“Every time the man darted in to another side alleyway, the PC was turning immediately into the same alleyway, but every time the CCTV operator asked what he could see there was no trace,” the senior officer revealed.

For the suspect to dart into an alley the PC would have to do it for no apparent reason. The TV Op wouldn't have reason to direct the PC into an alley or any direction the PC had not already gone. Hard to explain but I think this story is urban lore in news form or a YAHOOAX? Anyone Else? What am I missing?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
One thing it does show, though, is how stupidly inaccurate and useless those things are, then. How easy it is to get the wrong guy while the real bad guy gets away.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Pigs chasing pigs.

I'm sure Huey Newton would have something to say about this, but of course they killed him before the days of our lack of revolution being televised!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

the aledged chase was clearly on foot - it you read the source its blisteringly obvious

reply to post by randomname

se reply above - the " chase was on foot - how is that " an abuse of power "
edit on 8-2-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

praise the lard - someone actually gets it - congratulations mate

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This would have made a great incident on "The Wire," like when the cops are trying to move the desk in the office:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I just read that on yahoo news. It made me laugh. I'll bet they were doubled up too. Would be great if it was recorded and we could get a look at the tape.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This makes me feel so much safer living in Sussex!
What a waste of taxpayers money!

This story is cropping up on other news sites now, he was plain clothed which could explain why the operator never noticed he was sending him round in circles!
edit on 8-2-2012 by disconnected8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
What would really be hilarious would be to speed up the CCTV film and play Yakety Sax from the Benny Hill Show.

youtu.be...
edit on 8-2-2012 by rcanem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'm just glad your tax dollars are being put to good use....

obviously I'm joking though I see a lot of people who are paid by the gov to be incredibly lazy, we work with them all time, they do nothing, and feel because they're employed by the gov that they have rights above other people.

Bunch of lazy scum bags...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by disconnected8

So it's believable that the operator was "sending" the PC into alleys or any direction where the suspect (PC) had yet to go??? Doesn't add up if you think about it. The article ends with this

“This story was shared anonymously with the Police Federation magazine, so unfortunately without the date or location, confirming the details and locating the officer is harder for us than it was for the CCTV operator.”

Convenient. Details must be missing if this report is true.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

So it's believable that the operator was "sending" the PC into alleys or any direction where the suspect (PC) had yet to go??? Doesn't add up if you think about it. The article ends with this

“This story was shared anonymously with the Police Federation magazine, so unfortunately without the date or location, confirming the details and locating the officer is harder for us than it was for the CCTV operator.”

Convenient. Details must be missing if this report is true.

But that quote suggests that they have been in contact with the CCTV operator??? Though without any video evidence this report is always going to be dubious

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

That is my point! Communication is not in doubt. How does the Op direct the PC to where the suspect(PC) has yet to go??? Without explanation this is beyond dubious.

I was telling this story and as the words came out of my mouth "when the suspect darted into an alleyway". It hit me, why would he??

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join