It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/28/2012 craft in sky From Puerto Rico - Need help getting more info!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingsky11

that answers it... I didn't know youtube has an antishake option or uploading. That is what it looked like to me at first but couldn't see the right side expanding and contracting.

Thanks for answering my question... good luck with it all. Hope someone can clear this up for you better

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The video seems to jump at 50 seconds? Has this been edited?

edit on 5-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Excellent S@F for you, thank you for bringing your best evidence forward. Beautiful wasn't it?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I had to edit out some of my comments --i put that point on the youtube video itself. I was screaming peoples names and someone said mine. I chose to leave the the audio on the track because it was real and raw and explains what was happening. I didn't want to mute all of the audio because then it looks strange.
I had a heck of a time uploading it to. Its an MP4 since its from my phone and was something like 294 mega bites. You tube wouldn't let me upload the thing. Then i had to open it in windows media player to figure out how to cut out a frame. it was an absolute nightmare. i have never uploaded a video before or had to edit out audio of any kind. I originally just wanted to mute the 3 seconds, but i couldn't figure out how to do that.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

beautiful, frightening, exciting i was freaking out. We all were screaming. I yelled at people to look up. I mean, i was like a mad lady.lolol
This was there, it was not normal and i would love for you guys to dig and find out what happened that night. I seriously have been effected by this!!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good job OP, unfortunately a lot of people here live in denial and won't take someone's word for it even when you have video to back it up. I personally find more validity in your testimony than anything else, but for most that will never suffice. They would rather say it is the tr-3b which is just as unprovable as any other UFO. This experience was for you, not for us!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

I mean, I understand rationalizing this. I do that to everything. But my writing, my voice my description and documentation and that's still not good enough to prove something strange? What the heck. I expect everyone to read my commentary before you, unfortunately, belittle my intelligence in saying it was a kite, plane, balloon, helicopter whatever. I am not stupid nor uninformed whatsoever, which is why i ran into the house, shacking, and grabbed my phone to film this thing. It was around for a while and did its hovering, blinking and all the jazz several repetitive times. I did the best i could, which was to describe it while i filmed. I never see ufo clips with descriptions. I had to describe because it was freaking weird, real and there.
thank you ps for giving me some credit in being a sane individual..lol

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Please understand, when we speculate, from what we can see on the video, we're not belittling you.
This may sound funny to you and improbable, but, there's a boggling number of people that freak out when they notice Jupiter, or Venus, who will go take videos of Jupiter or Venus, and exclaim with 100% assured confidence that what they saw couldn't have been anything other than something extraterrestrial it was so bright.
Turns out, near every single time, it's either Venus, or Jupiter.

Your case, does not appear to be one of those. However, we don't know you. How experienced are you when it comes to LED kites?
Once again, I'm not belittling you.

It's just proper approach to attempt to start at the most reasonable and probable explanations and possibilities and then work from there in eliminating those.

Your propensity for all CAPS and gratuitous usage of extra extra extra exclamation marks would also give some of this the impression that you might possibly be a little bit excitable.

If we want to try to identify what this is, immediately jumping to the OMGWTF it HAS to be teh ALienses!!!!!!!!!, well, that is just a little silly.
There's tons and tons of people out there in the wild trying to hoax these things.
From a statistics point of view 95% of reported sightings are either misidentification, or a hoax mistaken as something real by a witness, or a hoax purposely reported as real by a hoaxer.

You, may, however, be in that rare 5%

To eliminate all the other mundane, ordinary possibilities, a process of elimination should be gone through.

Of course, if you want to, you can run around, flapping your hands, panting heavily and shaking all over, trying not to pee from the excitement that you sawed teh aliens. It's entirely your choice to believe what you want to believe, but you DID come asking for help in proper identifying this, whatever it is.
Sitting through some hazing and pecking and questions and raised eyebrows and more questions is part of trying to find out what's what.

For video we have an ambiguous blob of light, not really doing anything apparently UFOy, and then your word and description of what and how you saw things.
We have to poke through all that.

Please don't feel harried and belittled.
You will, of course have instant believers around the forum (just add glow in the dark stickers) to hold your hand, and then there's the people that want the real truth, even if it hurts, and aren't afraid to ask the hard questions.

Hard questions and speculations aren't meant to insult you, though, from some of us they might seem insulting.

Now, hopefully you understand a little bit where some of the skeptics are coming from.

Please tell us why you think this was not an LED kite? Have you googled LED kites and looked at the different models and even some videos of how they behave for comparison? I would encourage it.
Be brave.
Be brave enough to acknowledge it if you do actually peg it as something stupid.
You'll get quite a bit of respect for debunking your own sighting if you can manage it.

You saw something strange and unusual. It got you excited. You filmed it. You didn't know what it was. You came here.
What comes next?
Do you jump into the soft sycophantic arms of the closest true believers? Do you take to asking and answering the hard questions?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws

jaws or antar, can you find something on this night? i still haven't had anyone try to help in finding out anything? it seems like nothing is on records for being strange that night, at all!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No one has a right to belittle you. Unfortunately that is becoming the norm around here when someone claims a UFO sighting, even with pics or a video. The truth is that we can't really say what the video shows. I have seen a lot of videos on here that look similar to yours. The usual consensus is an RC toy, swamp gas, Venus or the like. Even though I couldn't really tell much from you video, I believe, from your statements, that you have caught something unusual. Hope you also consider that it is fine to listen to others opinions, but the bottom line is that only you know what you saw. Welcome to ATS....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingsky11
reply to post by gortex

we were in ocean park looking out towards old san juan. Isla Verde Airport is behind us. Air plains usually come in on the approach, that was why we first thought nothing of it, then thought helicopter, then freaked.
I cant lie, I was screaming.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Lookingsky11 because: (no reason given)

I watched it. Over and over. I watched it at 1080 and full screen and then on my TV....

Since you are near an airport which is behind you, IMO, it clearly looks like a plane coming in for landing.

I live in the flight path of one of the busiest airports in the US....DIA...
I constantly see a stream of lights coming at me that seem to be stationary for the most part....sometimes they appear to move up and down, left and right....slightly.....this is probably due to the winds way up there...

the appearance of the lights "circling" would be because of the distance and the plane lights blinking intermittently...

the main light going out could be a very slight directional move of the plane....

clearly there was high winds in the area....which would cause the plane to move slightly, up/down, left/right....

While watching the video, I see no other valid explanation other than incoming plane...

I see this every single night.......exactly what you filmed.....

edit on February 5th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

ok, neinex. point received. Ps-- you on youtube right now ..

Yes, i Googled everything in the world, led lights, led kites, led sky graphics everything. I watched HD DR versions, and unfortunately nothing even looked remotely the same. I mean, they looked fake. This looked malleable. Physical, dimensional. I tried to find any documents on that night that would prove my histrionics were just that. A logical, known thing that occurred that night. I mean, this wasn't some vague light. How am i not coming through? I will abs. stay away from caps and exclamation points to emphasize a point or a question.
Yes, i brought this here, because i like the devils advocate point of view. can you post an led kite vid in your next response? can you help me by zooming in on the vid or someone do an analysis?? that will help!
Did you find any other info from pr that night...anywhere?? on anything remotely having do with something in the sky?
I want help. I get that I am an unknown to this community. I am not used to scrutiny, but that's fine. I am just a person behind a screen i guess.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by nineix

ok, neinex. point received. Ps-- you on youtube right now ..

Yes, i Googled everything in the world, led lights, led kites, led sky graphics everything. I watched HD DR versions, and unfortunately nothing even looked remotely the same. I mean, they looked fake. This looked malleable. Physical, dimensional. I tried to find any documents on that night that would prove my histrionics were just that. A logical, known thing that occurred that night. I mean, this wasn't some vague light. How am i not coming through? I will abs. stay away from caps and exclamation points to emphasize a point or a question.
Yes, i brought this here, because i like the devils advocate point of view. can you post an led kite vid in your next response? can you help me by zooming in on the vid or someone do an analysis?? that will help!
Did you find any other info from pr that night...anywhere?? on anything remotely having do with something in the sky?
I want help. I get that I am an unknown to this community. I am not used to scrutiny, but that's fine. I am just a person behind a screen i guess.

Just an FYI.....most regulars here have seen it ALL...there is no phenomenon out there that has not been posted here....and people in this forum are very very passionate about the subject of aliens and ufos....there are many people here who are very good at analysing video and photos...they know what to look for, what to disregard...etc.

so yes there is a high level of scrutiny here. just expect it. and embrace it. it weeds out the hoaxes and misidentifications....yup we get TONS of those posted here. (not saying yours is a hoax)...

with that said, nobody has the right to attack anyone else here. it is against T&C...so if that happens, you report it.

again, embrace the scrutiny....it means people want the truth
but dont take it personal

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
And welcome to ATS.....you picked a hot topic to post about

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

reply to post by gortex

we were in ocean park looking out towards old san juan. Isla Verde Airport is behind us. Air plains usually come in on the approach, that was why we first thought nothing of it, then thought helicopter, then freaked.
I cant lie, I was screaming.

I watched it. Over and over. I watched it at 1080 and full screen and then on my TV....

Since you are near an airport which is behind you, IMO, it clearly looks like a plane coming in for landing.

I live in the flight path of one of the busiest airports in the US....DIA...
I constantly see a stream of lights coming at me that seem to be stationary for the most part....sometimes they appear to move up and down, left and right....slightly.....this is probably due to the winds way up there...

the appearance of the lights "circling" would be because of the distance and the plane lights blinking intermittently...

the main light going out could be a very slight directional move of the plane....

clearly there was high winds in the area....which would cause the plane to move slightly, up/down, left/right....

While watching the video, I see no other valid explanation other than incoming plane...

I see this every single night.......exactly what you filmed.....

Oh yes, we do to. You are right. That is what our initial thought was. But it didn't just hover. The same thing flew inland, on a straight path towards the top of the hotel in the picture. When it did that our vision was obscured by the top of the building, but we could see it come out the other side. Then minutes later we saw it( same weird circling lights) flying back, same path, right at the edge of the building in the pic and sit in the same spot it started in. I mean, what do you think? We always see incoming planes. But they disappear behind the building and dont come back to the same spot over the ocean. On PR, planes fly in one side and must fly out the other so as not to cause traffic

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Question: Is the object we are looking for the one that is generally stationary? It does seem to change colors, and it doesn't seem to move in 2 minutes, while another light does. If this was a plane, one would expect in 2 minutes, for the light at least to grow larger, if it were an incoming aircraft.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
see this video....dude filiming a plane...
see how it appears there are lights circling (like what we all see on hollywood's version of UFOs)?

it is hard to find a lot of videos of people just filming incoming planes coming right at them....not really something most would purposely stand around and film...

one of these nights when it starts warming up...maybe i will stand out on my deck and just film so i can show how incredibly common the misidentification is....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Question: Is the object we are looking for the one that is generally stationary? It does seem to change colors, and it doesn't seem to move in 2 minutes, while another light does. If this was a plane, one would expect in 2 minutes, for the light at least to grow larger, if it were an incoming aircraft.

that would depend on how far out it was.....

seriously...this has now made me want to stand around filming all those planes flying into DIA that fly towards my house.....i promise...when it warms up at night...i will do that...

the lights on the planes never get really big as they get closer....mainly because eventually they slightly change direction and the lights completely disappear....or because they are not literally in a point A (the plane) point B (my house) direction....they are just moving north, while my house faces south... make sense?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit
[morIO
If you listen to my description you can hear me say " and here comes the helicopter" The vid is only 2 min and 43 sec or something to that effect. the stationary thing is what we are talking about, then it begins to move to the left right at the top of the building

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

w/out having video of all the new info you provided.....absolutely impossible to give an answer.

all we can comment on is the video....and in the video, I see an incoming plane.

i could be absolutely wrong (wont be the first nor the last time)...that is just what it appears like to me...

thanks for sharing though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join