It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel no match for Iran military might

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Israel is a nation of COWARDS who will do NOTHING without being assured that MOMMY-AMERICA will help them or come to their rescue if they are in trouble.

Without Mommy-America to hold their hands, Israel would be nonexistent. So much for them being the "chosen people".

Maybe satans "chosen people" if satan existed.

A nation of cowards!?! How do you come to this conclusion? Sounds like your post is a bait post. Mommy-America? America doesn't tell Israel what to do. America is Israels bitch. I was born an American but I'll side with Israel before America decides to quit being the bitch she is.

Besides, if Israel is the nation of cowards as you say, wouldn't they just abandon their land, yes I said THEIR LAND and let the Palestinians have it?

You won't mess with them. I can guarantee you this and quit baiting.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertruck99

does nobody remember the 6 day war (worst case losses.israel 983 dead, egypt,jordan,syria,iraq combined 25,500 dead).
or the yom kippur war (worst case losses.israel 2800 dead,400 tanks destroyed,102 aircraft lost egypt,syria,iraq jordan,18500 dead,destroyed 2300 tanks,514 aircraft.19 naval vessels sunk)
i am not blatantly pro israel but they can fight,boys and girls trained in their teens,

those IDF "teens" on the frontline of the 2006 Lebanon War used their cell phones to call their parents to tell the Israeli politicians to stop the fighting.

How come the "most powerful military in the Middle East" IDF cannot defeat a 3,000 men militia, Hezbollah, during the 2006 Lebanon War?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is the worst topic to be posted.Iran is no match for Israel. Iranians should build nukes and bioweapons if they want to be capable of confronting Israel.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Well that's fair.

At least we lasted longer than 3 months like the Chinese were only able to handle back in 1979 when they invaded to "Teach Vietnam a lesson" They turned tail and backed out after the fighting got hot and they started seeing real causalities.

I guess the Vietnamese learned how to handle A Global power

Eh?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

A day will come when the jews will be vaporised.Most probably by Russia .

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well that's fair.

At least we lasted longer than 3 months like the Chinese were only able to handle back in 1979 when they invaded to "Teach Vietnam a lesson" They turned tail and backed out after the fighting got hot and they started seeing real causalities.

Eh?

Didn't even have to travel far,those Chinese.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Chicoms are only good in the defensive not offensive.Their human wave tactic miserably failed.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
those IDF "teens" on the frontline of the 2006 Lebanon War used their cell phones to call their parents to tell the Israeli politicians to stop the fighting.

Good for them

At least they had that option. Unlike "Some Teens" being brainwashed into strapping a bomb to themselves and blowing up women and children at a market or bus stop.....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
When Israel won the the six day war in 1967, they won against four nations. How did this tiny nation win? God is on their side. To go against Israel is to go against God Himself.

Israel military outnumbered Hezbollah by at least a 6-to-1 ratio in the 2006 Lebanon War. And Israel performed poorly against Hezbollah. Currently Hezbollah has over 40,000 rockets pointed at Israel, 3 times the numbers they had in 2006.

You mistake restraint for poor performance.

It's not restraint. Israel Air Force unload its entire inventory of bombs on Hezbollah. Israel had to ask U.S. for more bombs. Hezbollah had over 600 bunkers. Most of them were well hidden, and the ones that are not hidden were decoys.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

At least they had that option. Unlike "Some Teens" being brainwashed into strapping a bomb to themselves and blowing up women and children at a market or bus stop.....

Well now Slayer, are there not teens flying those Drones from thousands of miles away,killing women and children.

That seems a bit cowardice too.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides Originally posted by MissSinFull reply to post by Tw0Sides well Afghanistan is ranked 51 on this list, America ranked 1..... And who was in charge when the US entered. And who was in charge when the US left. ...not to mention how long did it last? How many technologically advanced Americans did the cave dwellers murder?

According to Wikileaks approximately 4,700 Americans have died and 8,000 Afghanees. Whats your point?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by campingman

Originally posted by Tw0Sides Originally posted by MissSinFull reply to post by Tw0Sides well Afghanistan is ranked 51 on this list, America ranked 1..... And who was in charge when the US entered. And who was in charge when the US left. ...not to mention how long did it last? How many technologically advanced Americans did the cave dwellers murder?

According to Wikileaks approximately 4,700 Americans have died and 8,000 Afghanees. Whats your point?

The point that was trying to be made was that the us spends over 1400x more on military than afghanistan. Afghanistan is rated #51 in the world. The us spends just over 36x more on military than Iran. Iran is rated #12 in the world. Afghanistan lasted 10 years with 4700 Americans dead and 8000 Afghanees. How many Americans will die and how many Iranians will die if there is a war between the two? I think most people would agree that one is too much.
edit on 5-2-2012 by superman2012 because: I put "the both" instead of "the two"!! hahaha so tired

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Well that's fair.

Eh?

They were just following the rules laid down by the 1949 4th Geneva Convention. Any land annexed/occuppied after 1949 by military invasion is considered illegal, and judged as a war crime. That's why they returned the land.
That's besides the point, the mission of the IDF was to invade south Lebanon and destroy Hezbollah. Because of that failure, Israel is now threatened with over 40,000 Hezbollah rockets

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That's why they returned the land.

Well that depends on whose history books you read. Chinese or Vietnamese. I'll believe the latter
China doesn't have a very good record of getting the record straight. A large percentage of Chinese under 30 are not even aware of Tienanmen square....

That's besides the point

Agreed.
I wasnt the one who initially went off topic here.....

the mission of the IDF was to invade south Lebanon and destroy Hezbollah. Because of that failure, Israel is now threatened with over 40,000 Hezbollah rockets

AND...
Who exactly is supplying most of those weapons?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BongWaterJoe
This fella obviously doesn't know that Israel is host of the world's 2nd larget fleet of fighter jets. Not to mention the fact that the nation that host's the largest fleet is the one that supplied all those jets to that little sliver of land they call Israel.

Not only that but Israeli pilots would take on anyone in the world easily and take them down.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by vipertruck99
reply to post by xuenchen

does nobody remember the 6 day war (worst case losses.israel 983 dead, egypt,jordan,syria,iraq combined 25,500 dead).
or the yom kippur war (worst case losses.israel 2800 dead,400 tanks destroyed,102 aircraft lost egypt,syria,iraq jordan,18500 dead,destroyed 2300 tanks,514 aircraft.19 naval vessels sunk)
i am not blatantly pro israel but they can fight,boys and girls trained in their teens,severely good homegrown weapons.....remember its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Anything from less than 30 years ago?

Ever heard of the Palestinians?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
"1949 4th Geneva Convention. Any land annexed/occuppied after 1949 by military invasion is considered illegal, and judged as a war crime. "
Now i finally understand why Iran/Et.AL. say that there only option ,
is to wipe Israel of the face of the Earth,, as though it never was,,and it is because of,

"Any land annexed/occuppied after 1949 by military invasion is considered illegal,"
and so Israel,,gave it all back,,
and it seems that the only Logical solution,
a war crime cannot be judged if the attacker, completely wipes out a nation, and does not annexed/occuppy,
said Nation,
that would then be considered the work of God,
and not able too be Judged.by Man.
And so Islam was introduced,,Holy war.
in 1979??
why is this important,,

"1949 4th Geneva Convention. Any land annexed/occuppied after 1949 by military invasion is considered illegal, and judged as a war crime. "

Well everyone knows that was agreeded to by the BIG 3,,and breaking that convention, would be the thread that starts the breaking of Treaties willy nilly,, like in ww2/ww3/Korea/Vietnam/Afganista/Georgia/Egypt,etc.........

And we can't have that because everyone knows where that road leads,,,

Me.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

TextNetanyaho says alot of things to get his support. I'm sure you'd notice that by now.

I have. Im glad you admit he is a liar.

But I would be worried about the 'air space' if I was you. Not only is your airspace tiny but your population is concentrated in a very small area. It would not be hard to wipe you from the map.You are barley on it.

Even if Iran launched all their dirty bombs on israel nothing would get through, israeli defence is incredible, they have been surrounded by their "enemy" for more than 50 years, you think they are building wooden sheds?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
If Iran is attacked, it will start a chain reaction of events that eventually leads to the muslim liberation of palestine, and occupation of Israel and who ever dwells there. Simple as.

Like the Egyptians in '67 huh? Don't be ridiculous - Arab countries and armies have been having their collective butts kicked for years. In the event of an Israeli or US attack, the Iranian dictatorship would not last longer than a week in my estimation - maybe two tops. No-one will 'rise up' to help the Iranians because Arabs don't like the Iranian regime any more than the Israelis, the US - or the Iranian people for that matter. The Iranian dictatorship is on a road to hell of it's own making. The most we can hope for is an Iranian uprising that will overthrow the dictatorship there - but the last one was brutally repressed by the religious fascists who run the country, so we can't put too much hope in that.
Still, I hope the Iranian people can finally manage to throw off the yoke of their oppressors - their own government - very soon, and finally have some form of peace and prosperity.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

The civil war in Israel occurred in 1948, prior to that convention. The remaining issues you raised, annexation / occupation of land occurred during self defense when Israel was attacked by its Arab neighbors on multiple occasions.

Those actions are a violation of the convention (among others) you listed. War is also outlawed even though it occurs. The UN charter allows for a nation to defend itself and in no way overrides national sovereignty.

If we are going to use that argument, then can someone explain to me why people justify the actions against Israel / denouncing Israeli actions in occupied land when the Arabs are just as guilty when it comes to the Kurds?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join