It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel no match for Iran military might

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It is so incredible to read the amount of Anti-Isreal/US people here.....must be lots of muslims and second world countrymen writing here! Yes.....you know who you are! You are those who deny history, who deny thousands of years of jealousy by arabs discontent that their Father Abraham sent Ishmael and his mother away and selected Issac as the true son.......It has breed hatred for centuries.....You who think Israel can't think on her own feet are deceived....you are ignorant and because of your insane hatred place the most wicked lies at the feet of your media to educate your children.......If you think for a moment that Israel will ever be occupied by anyone, smoke some more hash because your are stoned.......If you thin Iran,Syria(did that one before) or any other second rate power in the middle east has the ability to take down the Star of David, you are ignorant of history.
You may wish for Israels destruction...that one is so obvious on this site.....You are under the New World Order. That is your Master. You bow down to it. You worship it and it holds you in the depth of its slavery.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think it is insane that any argument that differs from the one accepted by SOME is met with ignorant comments that make intelligent people who just voice their concerns into hateful and inconsiderate people. The need to go to extremes to vilify them is testament to the bias we face, and also gives reason for our concern.

If we were met with reasonable arguments that didn't insult us we might consider what they were saying. If all you can do is say we are anti-Jewish then you lose our attention. That is very cowardly to just write off the people you are talking to with blanket statements that serve no purpose other than to avoid intelligent conversation.

If your passions are so blinding that you cannot address your fellow man with anything but hate accusations then you are more hateful than what you try and make us out to be.

If reason is your guide then listen to us, make a counter statement and move on. To sit there and pontificate our supposed hatred is to prove that you are in need of serious psychological help, and deserve no more attention than that which we would give to the mentally ill.

Please stop being so insulting and begin to engage in productive conversation. We can admit our faults as you should, but we will not tolerate ignorance and insults. Please correct your unfortunate behavior.

edit on 6-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ricky Revere
It is so incredible to read the amount of Anti-Isreal/US people here.....must be lots of muslims and second world countrymen writing here!

You would be surprised how wrong you are.

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Yes.....you know who you are! You are those who deny history, who deny thousands of years of jealousy by arabs discontent that their Father Abraham sent Ishmael and his mother away and selected Issac as the true son.......It has breed hatred for centuries.....You who think Israel can't think on her own feet are deceived....you are ignorant and because of your insane hatred place the most wicked lies at the feet of your media to educate your children.......If you think for a moment that Israel will ever be occupied by anyone, smoke some more hash because your are stoned.......If you thin Iran,Syria(did that one before) or any other second rate power in the middle east has the ability to take down the Star of David, you are ignorant of history.
You may wish for Israels destruction...that one is so obvious on this site.....You are under the New World Order. That is your Master. You bow down to it. You worship it and it holds you in the depth of its slavery.

You are delusional, sorry, nothing else to say to the crap you wrote here.

edit on 6-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

What about living in fear every day of your life.

What about bus bombs what about the katusha rockets fired and the cross border raids where they go and murder innocent families as they sleep at night.

How much could you take before you take your gloves off.

Yes Jesus says to turn the other cheek.

But what would Jesus think about the innocent deaths.

The poor Palastinians have suffered at the hands of their own leaders who for years have plundered the billions of dollars the us gov have given them.

No one will ever touch that topic.

Wussies.

Billions of dollars and for what.

To by iranian missiles

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here is one possible theory on how the SHTF.

Iran has a fully functional nuclear facility. Since Israel won't tolerate that risk, Israel will at some point bomb the **** out of that nuclear facility...and Iran will retaliate. Due to investment in Middle Eastern resources, various nations will take sides.

The U.S. will obviously back Israel, the other countries will do their part, and thus may possibly start WW3.

Just a theory, but I think we all know that WW3, if it happens, will be triggered in the Middle East, which is why we need to pull the hell out and let Iran and Iraq and Israel and Afghanistan blow each other to smithereens.

If they really need to get the explosives and killing out of their systems, let them do it on their own turf, against their own neighbors. We don't need to be part of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
18 Pages and still not a single post suggesting how Iran's army is actually so superior to Israel's army.

There is one post that touches this subject, which is mine (page 11), that nobody managed to properly address other than trying to use morality BS and how this or that is not the morally correct thing to do.

Silly ATS, I ask again - which aspects of the Iranian military are better than the Israeli one?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

The common retort to this revolves around the idea that Israel is in such close proximity to Iran, that mutual destruction will happen.
That is about all I have ever found.

While Iran is a closed nation, and has demonstrated that it can apply guerrilla warfare well, it really has nothing else. The terrorist still use components for EIDs from outside countries. Russian made armaments, and some Chinese low end tech for good measure.

Now, don't get me wrong, Guerrilla Warfare is great, when used correctly, and typically on a home turf setting. It will be hard pressed to confront the Military of several nations.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well.. the thread title clearly states "Israel is no match for Iran military might", suggesting the Iranian army is much superior to the IDF, so much that the IDF is not even a match, as it says.

So I ask - where are all the educated people who agree with such a title and where are their reasonings? Just how is the Iranian military any better than the IDF? How is the IDF not even a match to it's might? (lol)

Anyway, Guerrilla warfare is good in some cases, but not in this one though. If a war occurs, it will mostly be long range air-strikes and missile launches. I'm pretty sure it will light up so fast it won't even get to reach the point of using ground forces. Thus making Guerrilla warfare irrelevant.

Remember: if one side intends to bomb the living hell out of another, Guerrilla warfare will not matter the slightest. Guerrilla warfare regarding Muslims only work when the other side is trying to avoid civilian casualties. This time? I don't even think it's going to be a concern if they even try using such tactics.

Go hide behind anything you want, you'll burn along with it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Kokatsi
You are entitled to your pro-war opinion.
However, the "wipe off the map" quoted again and again is a lie, proven in numerious threads.
Unless we are sinking to the level of Ahmadinedjad (and Ehud Barak), we should not base our arguments on proven lies.
Just search it in ATS, no need to google.

Wiping Israel off the map came from Ahmadenijad during a speech. That speech was covered by IRIB news, Iranian state controlled media. All of the Western media outlets who carried the story got the information directly from the IRIB. I doubt the IRIB is going to mistranslate their leader.

That is your proof, directly from the horses mouth piece.

Sorry, but that has been a mistranslation. Let me quote the opening post of another thread, from a person that speaks Farsi:

To quote his exact words in Farsi: Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad. I will tell you from my personal understanding of Farsi the word "map" does DOES NOT EVEN EXIST in this famous, misinterpreted statement Direct, literal, Non-Zionist translation: The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time

Thread: An Iranian's view

As to who mistranslated it and why, we can only speculate. Perhaps Iranian translators are also at fault. There are warmongers and psychopaths on both sides. Since this is a hot quote, it would be nice to stick to the linguistic facts. The oft quoted sentence was said in Farsi, so the English translation is not official. Read the words in the sentence and put it together for yourself.

Make no mistake about it, I know Ahmad is an antisemite, anti-Western Theocrat who questioned the holocaust.
The situation is delicate though, because if he had made direct threats to annihilate Israel (assuming together with its civilian population), it would be (together with a proven capability) part of a casus belli. However, if he merely expressed his dislike towards the 'regime' ruling the Jewish State - what he calls in his rabid, vindictive pro-Palestinian fervor "occupation" - he was just delivering anti-Zionist rhetoric. Which is a problem if delivered at a state leader's level, however, it cannot be part of a casus belli as specified in Charter 51 of the UN.

Even when Bush invaded Iraq, he did not say Iraq should be wiped off the map. He called for a regime change and so on. Otherwise neither the UN, nor Britain nor any sane person would have gone along with him.

Yes, state marches in Iran chant Death to Israel and Death to America. However, almost the same was true of Brezhniew's Soviet Union. A lot of people in these pro-government protests were directly or indirectly forced to participate.

I believe the more pressure builds up towards the West possibly attacking them, the more people in Iran will actually start to sympathize with the extremist leadership of Khamenei. Militarism always wins when there is credible and proven external hostility.

Let me point out though, that no one in his right mind believes that Iran at this point will launch a military attack on the US. It is the other way around.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I dont really think you understand how warfare works. The reason the wars in Irag and Afganastan have dragged on is due to the fact that the enemy is fighting using unconventional warfare, geurrila tactics, suicidal maniacs blowing themselves up in public places, etc. Ranking of a country is bull**** when it comes to these tactics. However, a war with Iran would be more conventional, being that they have a STANDING ARMY to fight, and there is a clear agenda this time. Israel is better trained, has better weapons, and has shown time after time that they know how to fight an enemy with superior numbers

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
18 Pages and still not a single post suggesting how Iran's army is actually so superior to Israel's army.

There is one post that touches this subject, which is mine (page 11), that nobody managed to properly address other than trying to use morality BS and how this or that is not the morally correct thing to do.

Silly ATS, I ask again - which aspects of the Iranian military are better than the Israeli one?

Good question. I personally think none. I would like to believe - for Israel's sake - that even large rockets can be annihilated en route.
And that may be one reason why they still do not attack and they would not unless provoked seriously.

However, they may be next to impossible to occupy. And they may wreak havoc on ships and subs in the Gulf. And they may stage acts of terrorism all around the world protesting the attack. Which we could only prevent by turning the entire West into a totalitarian polica state and even then it might be very difficult.

The point is not only morality, though, but that it is unwise to rely upon sheer force repeatedly - except for deterrence. Israel has that already.

Another question no one here asked: So what even if the centrifuges are annihilated and a counter strike stopped? With as little casualties as possible?
Would the West have to bomb them again next year? Or the year after? After such an attack, any extremist patriotic force - such as the Revolutionary Guards - will be more and more in control. Just look at the example of Stalin. A lot of Soviets willingly died for that evil dictator mainly because the coutnry was attacked by Hitler.

It is easy to bomb - but it would take millions of soldiers to occupy the whole country - which would be the only way to make sure Ahmad is not building more centrifuges somewhere under a barren mountain.

Iran is not Libya. It is as big as Great Britain and almost as mountaneous as Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by markuz93
reply to post by superman2012

I dont really think you understand how warfare works. The reason the wars in Irag and Afganastan have dragged on is due to the fact that the enemy is fighting using unconventional warfare, geurrila tactics, suicidal maniacs blowing themselves up in public places, etc. Ranking of a country is bull**** when it comes to these tactics. However, a war with Iran would be more conventional, being that they have a STANDING ARMY to fight, and there is a clear agenda this time. Israel is better trained, has better weapons, and has shown time after time that they know how to fight an enemy with superior numbers

I agree with the first part. And this is where "morality" comes into question. Guerilla warfare only works where civilians support it. Iran is greatly divided - I think the large majority would want to see the Theocrats go at this point. But give them a few years of mroe and more mistreatment by the international community, the wavering will join the psychopaths who await the 12th Imam.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You don't have to speak Farsi to recognize the word "rezhim."
It does not mean "country," it means a "regime." The same as in English or Russian.

Ahmad said too many other incriminating things - let's not keep on harping on this one distorted message.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The Professor also stated that Iran will always support the "Palestinian" cause

Really?
And what have they done lately?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

You state that iran might stage multiple attacks around the world, but I have to say I disagree. Iran has never stated they will attack random western countries they are no al qaida.

The problem is that for israel, unless they have developed some fancy teleportation system, they will have to cross other countries including turkey, who is theoretically the powerhouse in the middle east.

Iran also won't make threats, iran won't close that oil route it will just piss a lot of people off and make unwanted enemies.

Iran want support from the rest of the rest of the world and they want sympathy even though they won't admit it. They are just playing the political field.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I hear ya.

All this hype and interventionism is making us poor and tired. It is literally killing us in wars and police actions, and conflicts, strategic interventions, blah blah blah. Necessary evil, this, must be must that. I have heard it all before though. I am actually agreeing with you. The real enemy is the one putting the common man against himself. The one who stands to profit from both parties fighting, that is the real enemy.

Why is all this energy being put into taking the bait. Why not look to those people destroying our world for private/ corporate gain. Are we really so OK with living as pseudo slave / serfs to banks that steal our lives from us?

When will our patriots be stirred to free their country from foreign nationals /sleeper cell, false countrymen? will they help them enslave us in all ways worse than chains? Will they help them kill us in all ways worse than the sword?

Is the well of true patriots blood dried up in foreign sands that it cannot answer to its people´s wailing?
Where are our countrymen? where are we?

Free yourself, free the world.

edit on 6-2-2012 by casenately because: fix

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Israel: 121,722 population of military age
Iran: 1,392,483 population of military age
11 to 1 difference

Under land army Israel wins in:

Tanks
APCs / IFVs (armoured personnel carrier/infantry fighting vehicle)

Iran wins in:

Towed Artillery
SPG's (Self propelled guns)
MLRS's (multiple launch rocket system)
Mortars
AT Weapons (anti tank)
AA weapons (anti aircraft)
logistical vehicles

Israel has the edge on aircraft, but don't forget about all the AA weapons. (1700 of them)

Iran's naval strength outmatches Israel.

Israel has nuclear weapons, let's hope they don't use them.

All addressed using the links you provided.

edit on 6-2-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Maybe.. maybe..it is because iranian women are ninjas.

Are israeli women ninjas?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The little kid wearing the baseball cap is Israel. The big kid wearing the red shirt is Iran.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Israel: 121,722 population of military age
Iran: 1,392,483 population of military age
11 to 1 difference

There is absolutely no advantage to more soldiers available when you got drastically less aircrafts and tanks to fit them in. Ground troops are not even going to be used as these countries do not even share a border, are miles across, and a ground invasion is not even sarcastically being considered.

Under land army Israel wins in:

Tanks
APCs / IFVs (armoured personnel carrier/infantry fighting vehicle)

Iran wins in:

Towed Artillery
SPG's (Self propelled guns)
MLRS's (multiple launch rocket system)
Mortars
AT Weapons (anti tank)
AA weapons (anti aircraft)
logistical vehicles

Israel has the edge on aircraft, but don't forget about all the AA weapons. (1700 of them)

I find it funny that you use the term "Israel wins" or "Iran wins" Pretty childish.. Anyway, lets see your list:
Tanks - not going to be used.
SPG's - not going to be used
Mortars - LOL! Even if there will be a ground invasion, which will not be, do you seriously consider mortars to be effective? This must be a joke.

AA weapons - true, Iran has them, but were they even battle tested ONCE? Are they good enough to clear any airborne threat? Do I need to remind you what happened the last time an Islamic army depended on Soviet weaponry? *ehm ehm*.

There is also no point in comparing who has more AA weapons, as Israel will not even need them considering there is virtually no threat from enemy aircrafts, specially Iranian ones.

Iran's naval strength outmatches Israel.

True, Israeli navy is basically non existent. The navy is only needed for special missions such as maintaining blockades and light shore fire cover. Other ops are reserved for a nuclear sub wielding heavy weapons.

There aren't many ships to the Israeli navy because the Israeli army uses it's airforce for naval defense as well. An F15 squadron is 10 times more efficient in taking out enemy ships than a destroyer.

Israel has nuclear weapons, let's hope they don't use them.

Israel will not use it's nuclear power unless it is on the verge of being completely destroyed. When that happens, you better run for the hills. But that is irrelevant.

All addressed using the links you provided.

Yup, only you did not even mention the vast superiority of the Israeli airforce, and not even one word about Israeli gear vs Iranian gear in terms of modern era weaponry. Most of what Iran have is soviet-era, home made or untested. It barely matters if you have 10 times more soldiers, 50 times more SPG's and 100 times more tanks if they are all two generations behind.

Well if that is your best than I suppose there is no other explanation other than that the OP and it's blind followers didn't even use their heads to think about what they are saying before they said it.

All in all, this war is going to be based on air power, submarines (for heavy bombardments), and long range ballistic missiles. Get it through your heads - there will not be a ground invasion of Iran as it is not needed!.
edit on 7-2-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join