It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: CBS to Air Another 60 Minutes Special on Bush. Telling All.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So you are saying, Nerdling, that the source CBS and Dan are tring so hard to protect is Carl Rove?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
More reports of this coming in....

Cedar Rapids, Large area's of Iowa.
Large parts of Pennsylvania,
Oklahoma City. OK
Central Illinois.

I don't have network/affil details yet, working on it.

Censorship.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So according to CBS-

She is lying/incorrect when she says the memos are fake.
She is truthful/correct when she says the info in the memos is accurate.

And how does one know the differrence? Easy, whatever makes Rather look better

They postponed for 8 hours what could have easily been done over the phone. No press conference, no outside parties allowed to question her, just Rather. As I said before, it's like a White House press conferrence

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hey, I don't have a tv. What happened?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It was a very strong piece.

I'd like to see CBS question just who did it too but they can't push their luck, they've come out of this smelling of roses again.

As for waiting for her? You have to *see* the witness to believe her, But from reports she looked like a sweet old white lady. 84 years old...awww... who could hate her!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Hey, I don't have a tv. What happened?

I don't know. Maybe you were robbed?

Ba dum bum.

Stuff developing. Some highlights on first page.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yikes! That was a good segment.

They used it to reaffirm the information from one of its original human sources.

It will be interesting to see if the broadcast blackouts are adequately explained.

It will also be interesting to see what kind of dirt the fanatics are going to dredge up on this poor woman.

Know what makes me VERY UNEASY about all this?!

This will be all over the news and the neocon's need for a big diversion is critical.

EDIT: If Rove is behind the leak this could be classic Problem-Reaction-Solution.

[edit on 9/15/2004 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
It was a very strong piece.

You didn't even see it

I'd like to see CBS question just who did it too but they can't push their luck, they've come out of this smelling of roses again.

Yeah, really, who cares if somebody forged military documents and the signature of a respected officer, as long as it damages the opposing ideology. Ignorance denied and replaced.

As for waiting for her? You have to *see* the witness to believe her, But from reports she looked like a sweet old white lady. 84 years old...awww... who could hate her!

She did seem very sincere, and I wouldn't doubt she's telling the truth (or, at best, believes what she's saying).

However, there's a little nagging thought in my mind. I have heard that the woman is a public opponent of Bush. Strangely, she didn't see fit to come forward until the memos had been released. Maybe she needed a little help 'remembering', if you catch my drift.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
DAN RATHER TO APPEAR ON O'REILLY FACTOR THURSDAY NIGHT

According to Freep.

Over on DemUnderground an infuriated dem called their affiliate...

A management decision was made to screen the movie.

Says it all really, and in swing states too.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Although Texas is a 'red' state, it was not cut out!

They went ahead with here. This can be quite troubling for Bush. (I hope it is
)
Apparently Bush was sooo 'special' that he flat out skipped his last days of the guard for a campaign in the Senate. It is definately time for regime change in the U.S.A. at this point!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Its amazing. They basically went on the air with documents that were clearly fake. They have persisted with the documents despite the increasing evidence that they were fake. Now they are going to justify thier false documents by going after the "bigger" story or worse they are going to cannonise Bush. Either way it is a sad day for professional media.

Just as amazing as going before the UN and the American people with falsified information on Weapons of Mass Destruction. Then they try to justify that by adding 'new' links between Iraq and Al-Queda and tell us there is a 'bigger threat'. That was a very sad day for the United States Government.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Just as amazing as going before the UN and the American people with falsified information on Weapons of Mass Destruction. Then they try to justify that by adding 'new' links between Iraq and Al-Queda and tell us there is a 'bigger threat'. That was a very sad day for the United States Government.

A sad day indeed, but by no means justification for what CBS did.

I'm getting #ING tired of Vigilante Polititcs. Apparently, as long as your opponenets are lying bastards, you have moral ground to do the same.

Sad thing is, most people agree with them.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but I am really looking forward to the elections. Well the 2008 elections. Mainly because in those elections we will have at least one other person to choose from. I am sick and tired of both of these candidates and their evil nasty campaign officials. I am just ready to have something positive to look forward too.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The report just aired here, and I must say, I didn't know RANT was an 86 year old woman.

Seriously though, to me that seemed like the most desperate report I have seen since Jim Bakker tried to deny his affair with Jessica Hahn. This woman was so unbelievable, and her points so ridiculously partisan had Dan asked her if Bush worshiped the devil she would have said "Well, I am going to say this, he wore the cross upside down and kept a bloody knife in his locker ...."

It was also telling, I think, how Dan always refered to him as "Bush". From what I know, it is considered proper to address a sitting or former President as either "President" or "Mr." but Dan apparently does not feel Mr. Bush garners such respect.

Anyway, this woman says that the documents are clearly faked but must have been made by someone who has seen the originals becauase they are so close to her um "recollections" of that time. Then she goes on to say they were probably made to cover up worse things included in the originals.

Now look at that for a minute... Someone finds some old documents that are very critical of the President and says "Hmmm, these are gold, but I don't want to hurt the president that bad so I'll just edit them up a bit and then give them to CBS news? Not likely at all. If someone had real documents CBS would have them.

Face it. If this woman really had this info she would have brought it out a long time ago, not 48 days before a presidential election. This woman, an outspoken supporter of John Kerry, is just not credible.

At the end of the segment Dan says he still believes that the evidence supports the documents and that they are still investigating... When did they start? And goes on to say that even if they are fake, it does nothing to change the focus of the story. Sorry Dan but that just aint so.

I guess what he means is that if you think a story is true, it is ok to make up evidence to support it. I don't know, but it seems to me if you build a castle in a swamp, it will sink into the swamp. Or possilbly even burn down, fall over, and then sink into the swamp.

This was a pathetic attempt by Dan Rather and CBS news to do a little of their own CYA that does nothing but make them look worse.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson

Now Now Chuckie, big difference between falsified documents and poor intell. Even if I buy your statement, that makes old Dan correct why?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
sorry nerd boy.

that segment didn't cut it.

nice try....cBS.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
While all you Bush followers will not beleive the cbs story tonight, the secretary on tv tonight was/is a highly credible source. She truthfuly admits she did not type this specific report, HOWEVER, all the CONTENTS ARE CORRECT. Seems like Bush avoided physical like the plague. wonder why. could it have been drugs in his system? I bet.
So...there you have a 80+ woman with nothing to lose, who was VERY familiar with the Bush case.

ALL THE CONTENTS WITHIN THAT REPORT ARE CORRECT. If anything, she said, other things were taken OUT in order to protect the priviledged boy George.
Gotta love it

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
While all you Bush followers will not beleive the cbs story tonight, the secretary on tv tonight was/is a highly credible source. She truthfuly admits she did not type this specific report, HOWEVER, all the CONTENTS ARE CORRECT. Seems like Bush avoided physical like the plague. wonder why. could it have been drugs in his system? I bet.
So...there you have a 80+ woman with nothing to lose, who was VERY familiar with the Bush case.

ALL THE CONTENTS WITHIN THAT REPORT ARE CORRECT. If anything, she said, other things were taken OUT in order to protect the priviledged boy George.
Gotta love it

Well, according to Dan Rather and CBS, she's only halfway credible. On other issues she's either confused or just plain wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
LOL
Now you say the woman is SENILE.

Oh,
wait while I pick myself off the floor from laughter

Polls will tell the difference tomorrow.

cant wait.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
While all you Bush followers will not beleive the cbs story tonight, the secretary on tv tonight was/is a highly credible source. She truthfuly admits she did not type this specific report, HOWEVER, all the CONTENTS ARE CORRECT. ALL THE CONTENTS WITHIN THAT REPORT ARE CORRECT. If anything, she said, other things were taken OUT in order to protect the priviledged boy George.

Since I have not seen the report yet, I comes on in 10 minutes. However, your conclution displays flawed logic. In particular the flaw is called Composition (Because the parts have a property, the whole is said to have that property) www.intrepidsoftware.com...

In other words your own post makes the case. She was truthfull ABOUT the fact that the memos wer false, so you decide the rest of her argument MUST be true. Do I sence a theme here: Kerry claimed he was in cambodia, so it MUST be true. Kerry told the Truth that he was not in Cambodia, so the rest of his "war" record MUST be true.

Glad you are so trusting. BTW, I have a bridge for sale. Its called the Golden Gate, but if you buy it you can name it dgtempe gate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join