It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: CBS to Air Another 60 Minutes Special on Bush. Telling All.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
CBS will tonight broadcast a second special "60 Minutes" program on the Bush National Guard scandal. Whilst a press conference has been on the cards since noon EST it has been put back into a 60 minutes special due to delays on some important factors.

(CBS) Wed., Sept. 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT
Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin, who's been called a religious fanatic and a three-star bigot, finally tells his story to Correspondent David Martin.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

CBS TV Guide.

Marian Knox, the Secretary who typed the Memo's is tipped to appear on the show at 8pm eastern. She has said the documents should not be the main focus of enquiry, but says there is a "larger story" to tell and she will take this oppurtunity to tell it. The show will feature a retired General talking about Bush's "service" and will examine the recent stories that Bush received preferential treatment.

Whilst I knew exactly how this was going to pan out I decided not to spoil it for CBS, you're going to have to wait till she talks

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Nerdling]

[edit on 9-16-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Its amazing. They basically went on the air with documents that were clearly fake. They have persisted with the documents despite the increasing evidence that they were fake. Now they are going to justify thier false documents by going after the "bigger" story or worse they are going to cannonise Bush. Either way it is a sad day for professional media.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, We'll have to wait till 8pm till we see whats the deal.

They've gone to alot of trouble to fly her out, they've delayed the press conferences several times over and have change 60 minutes so it will fit, sidelining other guests.

The hints are that there is bigger evidence in store, coming from the same sources that told me she would be appearing before anyone else knew.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Either way it is a sad day for professional media.

You tell 'em FredT.

What we really need now is a giant, taxpayer funded Federal Investigation of CBS (as called for by GOP lawmakers). Because as any good conservative knows, if anything's broke more government can fix it.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Well, We'll have to wait till 8pm till we see whats the deal.

They've gone to alot of trouble to fly her out, they've delayed the press conferences several times over and have change 60 minutes so it will fit, sidelining other guests.

The hints are that there is bigger evidence in store, coming from the same sources that told me she would be appearing before anyone else knew.

That doesn't sound any more convincing, though. In all fairness, the memos are fakes. At best, they're reproductions (not photocopies, but reproductions amde recently) of original documents. At worst, they're totally false. Saying that the source that produced "extremely damning' yet false evidence before is going to produce more, what guarantee do we have it isn't going to be more Word documents?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
[What we really need now is a giant, taxpayer funded Federal Investigation of CBS (as called for by GOP lawmakers). Because as any good conservative knows, if anything's broke more government can fix it.

RANT, I thought more governement was your party line

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

She has said the documents should not be the main focus of enquiry, but says there is a "larger story" to tell and she will take this oppurtunity to tell it.

Just like a court case. Evidence is put forward, but we're not supposed to critique it? Instead were supposed to just forget it and consider this "larger story"?

Seems credibility is not something CBS is worried about. They would rather continue swinging the hatchet. I'm disappointed.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Rather lost credibility the moment he misrepresented what the experts CBS retained said.

Seriously... in journalism, once you say that someone said something they didn't the game ends for you. It doesn't matter what else CBS claims it has on Bush... the moment it lied about what its sources said this entire story was discredited.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Rather lost credibility the moment he misrepresented what the experts CBS retained said.

Seriously... in journalism, once you say that someone said something they didn't the game ends for you. It doesn't matter what else CBS claims it has on Bush... the moment it lied about what its sources said this entire story was discredited.

Yeah, I'm smelling another Geraldo. Unless we get something truly amazing tonight on 60 Minutes, I wouldn't be suprised seeing Rather's resignation by the end of the week.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Predictions:

1. CBS 60 Minutes show rates off the scale.

2. Electorate and ATS community continue to be divided on the issue of "faking" of documents and journalistic standards.

3. Bush remains a chickenhawk and absolute incompetent as a leader, not many care much. Apathy rules.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I wouldn't be suprised seeing Rather's resignation by the end of the week.

Can't happen.

Network contracts tie their anchors to the network news. He can't leave unless breaches contract.

Brokaw retires in December but NBC will still pay him for the next 20 years, Cronkite is still employed by CBS and gets anchor payroll.

They don't let them go.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Yeah, I'm smelling another Geraldo. Unless we get something truly amazing tonight on 60 Minutes, I wouldn't be suprised seeing Rather's resignation by the end of the week.

You know that kind of credability in media is long dead it seems. I will ReplayTV the 60 minutes and take a look, but as my Granpa Fred used to say 'You can't shine S*&^" This one looks and smells like it to me.

As much as it pains me (aggggg)
I have to agree with nerdling. Rather is going nowhere.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, you learn something new every day. I guess it isn't too hard to sweep completely and totally failing at your job under the rug. Bush seems to do it pretty well

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think anything that can really show what type of a evil rotten coward he really is would be the greatest thing that could happen right now. The last thing we need is four more years of GW Bush. IMO

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What's the best CBS can hope for...

The secretary acknowledges that she was the source of the memos and while not the originals, they are recreations of memos she typed thirty something years ago for Killian. She misled CBS by telling them they were copies of the original. CBS is vindicated...the crowd goes wild.

Personally I don't know how CBS can recover unless someone, somewhere produces the actual original memos (if they exist). Even then too much damage has been done.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How come no one asks the Cokehead-In-Chief to answer the questions about his service? How come he doesn't refute the claims, only attacks the documents?

How come there is no record, and no one has accepted the $50k reward for anyone who has served with Bush?

Of course not...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Improvised Transcript...

Since theres no official one up yet we had to go with this, thanks to whoever it was

P.s. Nerdling_ATS is my yahoo name.

Transcriptor: ok BUSH
nerdling_ats: again
nerdling_ats: oh goodi
Transcriptor: Recap of Ben Barnes
nerdling_ats: they're doing a leadup
Transcriptor: We presented documetns
Transcriptor: we reported docs by Killian
Transcriptor: in past week, docs subjected to extraordinary criticism
Transcriptor: tonight Marian Knox enters debate
Transcriptor: she believes docs not authentic, but that what the docs actually say is EXACTLY as we reported
Transcriptor: TWIST: I did not type those memos
Transcriptor: and it's not the form I'd have used, and there are words in there that belong to the ARMY not the Air Guard
Transcriptor: HOWEVER, the information ins those is correct
nerdling_ats: yikes.
Transcriptor: Did you type memos like this?
nerdling_ats: jesus
Transcriptor: YES
Transcriptor: Not those particular ones.
Transcriptor: But just like them
Transcriptor: Did BUsh take physical as ordered?
Transcriptor: no
Transcriptor: was he oredered to do so?
Transcriptor: yes
nerdling_ats: is she speaking clearly and without hesitation?
nerdling_ats: damn dude
Transcriptor: yes she rocks
Transcriptor: It was a big no no to not follow orders and I can't remmebr anyone refusing
Transcriptor: for example every officer knew he was supposed to take that physical on his birthday
Transcriptor: Dan: Did you ever hear K talk about this?
Transcriptor: He was upset about it. And that was one of the reasons he wrote the memo directing him to go take the physical.
Transcriptor: WOAH: I don't want to say this, but it seems to me Bush thinks he was above (couldn't understand word) orders?
Transcriptor: Hmmm.
nerdling_ats: o_O
Transcriptor: Dan: Tell me about Bush
Transcriptor: Now Bush seemed to be having a good time. He didn't seem to be having any problems with the piolts, I can say that. But his time there. It seemed that the other fellas were sort of resentful for his attitude. That he didn't have to go by the rules.
Transcription: Killian then started a "COVER YOUR BACK" file on Bush
Transcription: all the words in the memo SOUND ABSOLUTELY THE WAY KILLIAN FELT ABOUT THAT
nerdling_ats: Wow
Transcriptor: He did write a memo like this
Transcriptor: it was like a personal jouranl
Transcriptor: it seems that somebody did see those memos and maybe tried to reproduce them and maybe changed them enough to make it so they could deny them
Transcriptor: HUH
nerdling_ats: Rove!!!
Transcriptor: debunking orginals by producing fakes courtesy of US ARMY
Transcriptor: ROVE (that was me)
nerdling_ats: yup
nerdling_ats: doesnt take a genius
Transcriptor: If Reps would just open their ears this is daming
Transcriptor: I think it's plain and simple, Bush didn't think he had to go by the rules others did.
Transcriptor:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Maybe someone from the Whie House will be on and say something beside, "Maybe their fake. We don't know". I take that back, Laura did say "Probably".

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Theres allegations that in some of the "redder" states that right wingers pulled the CBS feed.

Report from Cedar Rapids says they cut the broadcast.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Theres allegations that in some of the "redder" states that right wingers pulled the CBS feed.

Report from Cedar Rapids says they cut the broadcast.

Yup, that's the liberal media for ya.

Drudge is down for me. Any analysis yet on the army thing? Army words used?

And her statement that whoever faked it saw the original but made a fake looking copy basically?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join