It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If you actually read it - - it tells you the primary reason they are listed as hate groups is because they put out false information.

Not because of difference of opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
If you actually read it - - it tells you the primary reason they are listed as hate groups is because they put out false information.

Could you show me this please. The "it" and the false information please?

Omg, you're kidding.... SPL?

edit on 9-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Replace Gay with Black in the title, would that be considered a hate group?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by sweetliberty

Just because she may state it as a fact, which I don't see by the way, that doesn't make it so, and you shouldn't take it as such. If anyone for that matter tells you something is a fact, do you take their word for it? And if you don't whats the reason to get so upset? If this was the same thing, but istead of gay, you insert black, wouldn't that be considered a hate group?? Whats with all the double standards???

That's what I'm asking her. What's all the double standard?

I haven't taken her word for it and knew early on that she is just mirroring her personal hate for anyone with a difference of opinion from other haters.
She tries to victimize a group and exhault it in a way that is warped. She expects all others with a difference of opinion to be silenced, which is the opposite of equal rights.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Can't you see that you are doing the same thing?? This is why it just keeps going around in a circle, and people wonder where the end is, hello a circle doesn't have an end, it just keeps going as long as you spin it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You want me to insert race into this. This is about the rights of everyone and not just what she deems superior.
If I were to say someone is a hate group, I'd, at least, show proof, footage or direct articles.

This is about allowing peaceful protests to happen even if it's a difference of opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Can't you see that you are doing the same thing?? This is why it just keeps going around in a circle, and people wonder where the end is, hello a circle doesn't have an end, it just keeps going as long as you spin it.
A

Everyone should be allowed to exercise their 1st Amendment Rights.
Million Moms is.
Annie claims they are a hate group so I'd like to see what they've done that could be equated to comparing them to the KKK.
She is a bigot and a hypocrite who has to claim facts and zero tolerance on a peaceful protest. She claims she wants equal rights while destroying it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You want me to insert race into this. This is about the rights of everyone and not just what she deems superior.
If I were to say someone is a hate group, I'd, at least, show proof, footage or direct articles.

This is about allowing peaceful protests to happen even if it's a difference of opinion.

If the thread said " One million moms rally at Jcpenny's to fire the CEO, for being black. No one would argue that they are a hate group. But switch that to gay, and suddenly people are ready to backfire. People are afraid of race, and won't say things about it, but will when it comes down to sexual orientation because we see it as a choice rather than something we can't change. I think going from gay to straight, would be as hard for someone to go from straight to gay. Do we choose to be straight? I don't think so, and its the same for being gay.

Its okay to call people who dislike something purley on race, a hate group, a rascist group, but suddenly this changes if you dislike someone purely on sexual orientation?? If you can tell me how that isn't a double standard I would be amazed, and just goes to show you how rascist, sexist, and whatever ist's we are.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Journalist's Beware:

Grasping for attention, and no doubt to expand its donor base, the SPLC's recent report claims that the number of so-called "hate groups" has risen 4 percent since 2008 and over 50 percent since 2000. With great fanfare, they warn their own members and uncritical journalists of a "firestorm" of hate engulfing the land. Yet, the Southern Poverty Law Center offers no concrete information about these so-called "hate groups."

I can counter her SPLC so-called facts with this...

Annies actions and harsh opinion (not facts) is simply trying to silence the difference of opinion of anyone who speaks their own personal concerns.

She is not for equal rights, she's simply labeling a peaceful rally a "hate group" because they have an opinion that's not politically correct.

I want all people and groups to be able to rally (as long as they aren't infringing on the rights of other people).
Annie insists on slandering groups and claim it's a fact. In truth, it's opinion.
She'd rather have her pet group superior and anyone else with a difference of opinion is a "hate group"

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

How is labeling them a hate group infringing on their liberties. Arent they a hate group, the hate ellen degeneres for being gay, no other reason, which is like the definition of a hate group. This in no way infringes on their right to rally. It just shows the reasoning of their rallying, hate. You saying that Annee shoudn't be able to say these things, is an example of how you created a double standard for yourself and her. Your both entitled to your own beliefs, and if it is Annee's belief that it is a fact that this group is a hate group, then it is her belief. I tend to agree with her, unless you can provide information that this group dislikes Ellen for some other reason than she being gay.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Do not imply to know what I like and dislike friend!

I fight for everyone to be allowed to voice their opinion, online, at a rally, or at Wall Street as long as they aren't infringing on the rights of others.
Annie claims zero tolerance on a group who has a difference of opinion. I'm fine with that until she begins to falsely slander them as fact and proof when the truth is, it's a matter of opinion.... if she can spew it, so can everyone else including these groups.
She hates on a group with "zero tolerance" yet claims to be an advocate for "equal rights".

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

So let me see if I have this clear, labeling the one million moms group as a hate group infringes on their rights?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I tend to agree with her, unless you can provide information that this group dislikes Ellen for some other reason than she being gay.

The sad thing is the misinformation that people "hate" someone for being "gay". The majority of the people in the US don't "hate gays".
Please show me where this group hates Ellen for being gay.
What the rally is about, imo, is the infringement on parents who would rather not have homosexuality taught in schools, who would rather not have it pushed onto anyone.
Call it ignorance or whatever you like, .... until something you differ with is pushed onto you in such a way.

Can you see the difference between hating someone for being gay and hating something being pushed onto you?
There is a difference.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So let me see if I have this clear, labeling the one million moms group as a hate group infringes on their rights?

No.

The "zero" tolerance and disinformation and not simply allowing any to rally (peacefully) infringes on their rights.

Eta: This is ats and if you're (Annee) going to claim something so harsh, why not express it as opinion, at least, and not claim it to be a fact without providing facts

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I tend to agree with her, unless you can provide information that this group dislikes Ellen for some other reason than she being gay.

The sad thing is the misinformation that people "hate" someone for being "gay". The majority of the people in the US don't "hate gays".
Please show me where this group hates Ellen for being gay.
What the rally is about, imo, is the infringement on parents who would rather not have homosexuality taught in schools, who would rather not have it pushed onto anyone.
Call it ignorance or whatever you like, .... until something you differ with is pushed onto you in such a way.

Can you see the difference between hating someone for being gay and hating something being pushed onto you?
There is a difference.

Yes but its not being pushed onto them. Thats where the hate comes in. You can just choose not to go to JcPenny's, and choose to not watch her shows, your not forced to do anything. But this isn't enough, because these people really dislike the fact that shes gay, whats another word for really dislike, oh yeah hate.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Journalist's Beware:

Grasping for attention, and no doubt to expand its donor base, the SPLC's recent report claims that the number of so-called "hate groups" has risen 4 percent since 2008 and over 50 percent since 2000. With great fanfare, they warn their own members and uncritical journalists of a "firestorm" of hate engulfing the land. Yet, the Southern Poverty Law Center offers no concrete information about these so-called "hate groups."

I can counter her SPLC so-called facts with this...

Annies actions and harsh opinion (not facts) is simply trying to silence the difference of opinion of anyone who speaks their own personal concerns.

She is not for equal rights, she's simply labeling a peaceful rally a "hate group" because they have an opinion that's not politically correct.

I want all people and groups to be able to rally (as long as they aren't infringing on the rights of other people).
Annie insists on slandering groups and claim it's a fact. In truth, it's opinion.
She'd rather have her pet group superior and anyone else with a difference of opinion is a "hate group"

I think they are a hate group because they are going out of their way to get Ellen fired. It would be one thing to quietly stop shopping at a store if you don't agree with something the store does. But these women are raising a big stink about this, trying to get press, writing letters to JC Penney's, etc. Do you know why they are doing this? Because they know full well that most of the JC Penney's customer base could really care less if Ellen is the spokesperson. That's not good enough for them to settle for majority opinion. They want to bypass the majority opinion and get Ellen fired anyway. Has she done anything to them? Has she molested their children? No, they want her fired just because she's gay (when what she does in her own bedroom is none of their damn business anyway). Trust me, these moms don't love gays, and they are not indifferent toward them either - therefore they hate them. They are a group - they hate - they are a hate group.

Do these "moms" have a right to protest? Yes, they do, just like the KKK has a right to have a peaceful rally. Do people like Annee and me have a right to say they are hateful bigots? Yes, we do.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes but its not being pushed onto them. Thats where the hate comes in. You can just choose not to go to JcPenny's, and choose to not watch her shows, your not forced to do anything. But this isn't enough, because these people really dislike the fact that shes gay, whats another word for really dislike, oh yeah hate.

I think the Million Mom's rally was not just a simple.... we hate gays and Ellen is gay.
Gay, straight or otherwise, when someone is constantly deep throated they being to say... enough is enough...

Maybe they think this is going to be more than just simply hiring Ellen on.
Maybe they think it's going to grow into something more.
But to be so incompetent as to create a title "...for being GAY" has only riled everyone. Note: I understand the OP didn't create the title, lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I agree. It would be different if they were forced to watch the show in school, or forced to shop at JcPenny's but this simply isn't the case. What purpose does firing Ellen do for this group, other than satisfy the power they have over people who are different. This is the definition of a hate group, and if you can't call this group a hate group then you couldn't call any group a hate group.

My question to those who think this group is not a hate group, give me some examples of hate groups and I'll use the same reasoning you use to show how they aren't.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I think the Million Mom's rally was not just a simple.... we hate gays and Ellen is gay.
Gay, straight or otherwise, when someone is constantly deep throated they being to say... enough is enough...

Maybe they think this is going to be more than just simply hiring Ellen on.
Maybe they think it's going to grow into something more.
But to be so incompetent as to create a title "...for being GAY" has only riled everyone. Note: I understand the OP didn't create the title, lol.

Okay, but HOW are they being deep throated. How is Ellen being gay, affecting them?? If Ellen wasn't gay would they still want her out??

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What about blacks who feel that way, curveball!

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join