It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syphon
The only way for children to even know who Ellen is, let alone knowing about her sexual orientation, would be from them watching Ellens show on TV . . .

Even then its unlikely they would pick up on her orientation, unless of course a parent/grown up decided they needed to fill the child in - with whatever personal bias they deem necessary.

Absolutely true!

Ellen has made it clear her show is just a talk show. Not a gay show.

She actually tries to avoid gay issues - - as a point - - its just a talk show like any other talk show.

On rare occasions - - like this - - she does address it on her show.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There is ZERO acceptance/tolerance for the viral hatred of NOM and AFA.

Exactly what viral hatred? Please quote them, not O"Rielly or someone else.

Do you support the Million Moms right to rally, NOM or AFA for that matter? Or does your ZERO tolerance include stifling their !st Amendment?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

I newly spit out my sip of wine. Let's just refresh ourselves at this point with the 1963 US Congressional Record and the logged "45 Current Communist Goals"

I am not interested in your government paranoia. At least in how you are trying to apply it here.

This is about denying Equal Rights to a minority that harms no one - - mostly from religious belief - - in a secular government.

ZERO TOLERANCE

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
Do you support the Million Moms right to rally, NOM or AFA for that matter? Or does your ZERO tolerance include stifling their !st Amendment?

I stated more then once protesting is a constitutional right.

I'm sorry you missed it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Bigotry - - not hate for religion - - any religion.

I have zero tolerance for Bigotry that fights to deny a minority group - that harms no one - Equal Rights.

NOM/AFA are Right Wing Fundamental Christians. That is a fact.

What would you prefer I refer to them as?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Bigotry - - not hate for religion - - any religion.

I have zero tolerance for Bigotry that fights to deny a minority group - that harms no one - Equal Rights.

NOM/AFA are Right Wing Fundamental Christians. That is a fact.

What would you prefer I refer to them as?

Has NOM/AFA harmed anyone?

Again, please answer the following question so I can better understand why you detest them so much.

Exactly what "viral hatred"? Please quote them, not O"Rielly or someone else.

Eta: Do you think homosexuality should be taught in public schools?

edit on 8-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Again, please answer the following question so I can better understand why you detest them so much.

YES! Absolutely they have harmed every single gay person.

Their viral hatred spreads to every person with an anti-gay "ear". Some people act on that hate.

Gay youth trying to come to terms with their orientation and confusion in their own religion.

Children of Right Wing Fundamentalists - - - bullying gay children.

YES! ABSOLUTELY THEY CAUSE HARM.

They are a Hate Group!

VIRAL: National Organization for Marriage Gathering Storm TV Ad
www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

YES! Absolutely they have harmed every single gay person.

Their viral hatred spreads to every person with an anti-gay "ear". Some people act on that hate.

Gay youth trying to come to terms with their orientation and confusion in their own religion.

Children of Right Wing Fundamentalists - - - bullying gay children.

YES! ABSOLUTELY THEY CAUSE HARM.

They are a Hate Group!

VIRAL: National Organization for Marriage Gathering Storm TV Ad
www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Oh I see what you mean. The gall of that black man saying the word "rainbow" but not in a sentence about gays.

I saw and hear no viral hatred. Please tell me where you heard it in the video.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Oh I see what you mean. The gall of that black man saying the word "rainbow" but not in a sentence about gays.

I saw and hear no viral hatred. Please tell me where you heard it in the video.

If you are speaking of the video - - its simply the first one that popped up. I had to leave quickly.

VIRAL - - as in spreading word on the internet. Oh - there are plenty.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

VIRAL - - as in spreading word on the internet. Oh - there are plenty.

Plenty as in plenty viral hatred from NOM and AFA? If so, I'd truly like to see that. If not, then all you're doing is spreading propaganda about them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

I newly spit out my sip of wine. Let's just refresh ourselves at this point with the 1963 US Congressional Record and the logged "45 Current Communist Goals"

I am not interested in your government paranoia. At least in how you are trying to apply it here.

This is about denying Equal Rights to a minority that harms no one - - mostly from religious belief - - in a secular government.

ZERO TOLERANCE

So govt is wonderful and perfect when it is govt schools and suits your agenda for indoctrination of youth but when it's a matter of something entered into Congressional record it's paranoia not worthy of your attention? Tres Interessant!
edit on 8-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee, I'm afraid you don't understand that the children are now confused because they are being presented with tons of pro-gay propaganda. All you need to do is watch the clips I posted to know that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And here's a very lovely anti-gay sentiment from a Right Wing Christian (not all Christians - in case you miss that). Yes it fits the subject - since One Million Moms is an anti-gay hate group.

Civil Disobedience May Be Necessary If Christians Are To End Their Oppression Chuck Colson says the day may be here for Christians to revolt against the federal government in acts of civil disobedience. Colson, a convicted Watergate felon, is the co-author of the Manhattan Declaration, which calls for Christians to disobey any law granting anti-discrimination protection to gay Americans. joemygod.blogspot.com...

And just what's wrong with civil disobedience when their parental rights are being run all over by the govt when the State indoctrinates their precious children for a political agenda?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

America is supposed to be the land of the free, where everyone has equal rights, and equal oppurtunity to economic success. Doesn't anyone see, that by distinguishing ourselves from each other, we build on the foundation of racism further propelling it to last in the future. We all need to look at ourselves, and see how we create Us vs. Them mentalities for ourselves. We can either work together as a whole, or stand divided and continue to destroy our planet as well as ourselves. Look deep inside, what do you really want? And what is that worth to you?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

Annee, I'm afraid you don't understand that the children are now confused because they are being presented with tons of pro-gay propaganda. All you need to do is watch the clips I posted to know that.

Confused? Pro-gay propaganda?

Children are not confused by learning there are differences in life. That each person is an individual - - with their own uniqueness.

It is anti-gay adults who focus on the single aspect of physical sex act of same gender.

Is that all you are?? A physical sex act?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

We should teach more to our kids, limiting what they know can only cause problems, or postpone them

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by Annee

We should teach more to our kids, limiting what they know can only cause problems, or postpone them

Yes - we should.

We had a gay roommate here in our house for 2 years. He was still pretty much in the closet as far as openly talking about it (especially to his family). But he did have a boyfriend who was here most weekends.

It was just accepted as normal to the 9 year old. She had no issues with it at all and even understood his privacy.

One day she did ask if he was gay. We said yes. She said "Oh OK" - - and went out to play. That was it.

The kids don't care.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yes - we should.

We had a gay roommate here in our house for 2 years. He was still pretty much in the closet as far as openly talking about it (especially to his family). But he did have a boyfriend who was here most weekends.

It was just accepted as normal to the 9 year old. She had no issues with it at all and even understood his privacy.

One day she did ask if he was gay. We said yes. She said "Oh OK" - - and went out to play. That was it.

The kids don't care.

Exactly but as Adults we do, and we tend to project those feelings out to our kids, which is where it becomes dangerous, that is the main reason racism still exists, because people pass it down.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Exactly but as Adults we do, and we tend to project those feelings out to our kids, which is where it becomes dangerous, that is the main reason racism still exists, because people pass it down.

Absolutely! It is the parents responsibility for sure - - to end discrimination thinking in their children for the next generation.

Funny. My 11 year old granddaughter's friend is black. I could not remember her name - so I said "your friend who is black". OMG - - did I get chastised by this 11 year old on racial profiling. "She is my friend - she is not my black friend - - she is just my friend".

We also take the kids to skid row on Thanksgiving to help serve dinners.

There is a BIG interesting and diverse world out there. Hiding it can only do damage. The more they learn - - the better prepared they will be - - and the more value they will have in being a part of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

Confused? Pro-gay propaganda?

Children are not confused by learning there are differences in life. That each person is an individual - - with their own uniqueness.

It is anti-gay adults who focus on the single aspect of physical sex act of same gender.

Is that all you are?? A physical sex act?

Annee, children don't need to have class after class of propaganda focused on this subject. The educators should be focused on more practical lessons rather than this type of social engineering. You see, I had the wonderful privelege of being in a training class with Dr Elizabeth Caspari, who herself worked with Dr Montessori in India. I read Dr Montessori's books on pedagogy, something I'm sure you've never done. The needs of the child are not being told they have to understand what it is to be gay. This is an absolutely perverted doctrine being promoted by radicals who care nothing for the spiritual, moral, and physchological health of all children.

I also took child psyche courses in college and studied Piaget.

www.learningandteaching.info...

www.mothercaspari.com...
I will bete my knowledge against yours any day.
edit on 8-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join