It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

I know there is no longer an ignore button for me to use.

Just politely letting you know - - I will not be responding to you.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Again my age matters not. You are using your age now to discriminate against someone you thought might be in their 20's? Wow, what a tool.

Oh by the way, it seems that the agenda is being pushed now even into the PRIVATE Catholic schools

It's all a big manipulative strategy to them.

WALTHAM, Massachusetts September 6, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Back in the early 1990’s most people in North America would have doubted there would ever come a day when the homosexual agenda would be accepted with open arms in elementary and high schools. Today however, that agenda is firmly implanted in public schools and is quickly making its way into Catholic schools, thanks to a well-planned strategy laid out by radical gay activists in 1995.

The strategy consists in linking the GLBT cause to “universal values” that everyone in the community has in common, such as “safety.” One then builds on this universal value the idea that “homophobia” represents a “threat” to students’ safety since it creates a “climate where violence, name-calling, health problems, and suicide are common

Jennings realized that this strategy would effectively throw any opposition into a defensive mode and steal their best line of attack. If anyone objected to the homosexual and transgender indoctrination that the activists planned to push in the schools, they would be accused of heartless disregard for students.

www.lifesitenews.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
You obviously know nothing of Montessori or you would not be so glib about it.

Just to give you a response.

I investigated Montessori for my ADD daughter - - back in 1971.

A friend from the church tells me what she sees at the Montessori school today. It doesn't sound anything like the ones I investigated in 1971. I don't know if they've made changes to the program or what. Based on what my friend told me - - it sounds scary.

And that's the end of that story.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

. . . a gay teacher telling kids how they should feel?

And what would be the difference between a gay teacher or straight teacher in telling kids how they should feel?

Who tells someone how they SHOULD feel?

You really lost me on this one.

Nothing really. It's the same either way. That is the principle of the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Wow manna, an amazingly eloquent post if I do say so myself.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow.

People really suck.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Again my age matters not. You are using your age now to discriminate against someone you thought might be in their 20's? Wow, what a tool.

Yes - - talking to someone who has had life experience - - who is not 20 years old does matter .

You can just knock off the drama.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well, is it accredited by Montessori International? The materials are part and parcel of what makes it the Montessori Method. A school can start out using a few basic ones and then expand by adding more. In addition, some materials can be made up by the Directress herself, such as the water pouring lesson. The other part is the training of the Directress and the Aides.

www.montessori.edu...

www.montessori.edu...
edit on 8-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Well, is it accredited by Montessori International?

Oh definitely.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by andersensrm
Exactly but as Adults we do, and we tend to project those feelings out to our kids, which is where it becomes dangerous, that is the main reason racism still exists, because people pass it down.

Absolutely! It is the parents responsibility for sure - - to end discrimination thinking in their children for the next generation.

Funny. My 11 year old granddaughter's friend is black. I could not remember her name - so I said "your friend who is black". OMG - - did I get chastised by this 11 year old on racial profiling. "She is my friend - she is not my black friend - - she is just my friend".

We also take the kids to skid row on Thanksgiving to help serve dinners.

There is a BIG interesting and diverse world out there. Hiding it can only do damage. The more they learn - - the better prepared they will be - - and the more value they will have in being a part of it.

I agree. However Im not sure I do on the profiling part. I think this is part of the problem, we are afraid to recognize that we are different, we have different colored eyes, skin, hair, different facial features, the list of differences between us goes on and on. But question is whether different is bad, different has a bad connotation to some, and I think it is a primitive instinct to fear the unknown or different. We cross a line when we say we can't racial profile. I think racial profile has a really bad connotation, but if you're recognizing somebody's difference to account for identification purposes I don't see how it is a bad thing. If there is a white male serial killer on the loose, I expect them to look for a white man, and nobody else. It is silly to say somebody can't do this, and I think it is a form of racism. When you asked your daughter about the black girl, that could have been the same as the girl with the red hair, or that boy for that matter, its okay to discriminate by sex, or hair color, but not by skin color? Isn't that racist??

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

WALTHAM, Massachusetts September 6, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Back in the early 1990’s most people in North America would have doubted there would ever come a day when the homosexual agenda would be accepted with open arms in elementary and high schools. Today however, that agenda is firmly implanted in public schools and is quickly making its way into Catholic schools, thanks to a well-planned strategy laid out by radical gay activists in 1995.

Back in the early 1950s most people in North America would have doubted there would ever come a day when the BLACKS (agenda????) would be accepted with open arms in elementary and high schools.

Today however, that (agenda???) is firmly implanted in public schools and is quickly making its way into Catholic schools, thanks to a well-planned strategy laid out by Civil Rights activists.

RADICAL Activist. Very humorous. Can't just be an Activist - - - must be a RADICAL Activist

edit on 8-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Spiramirabilis

good for the goose good for the gander

The archdiocese should be able to send priests in to the schoolrooms to give the children lessons in sensitivity to not hurt Christians' feelings because they have been so spit upon by the radical left atheists. They must have classes on a weekly basis and the parents cannot opt out or they will be arrested on site.
There how's that buddy!
Well, does that actaully happen, or are you just going on a hunch here and assuming that becuase it happens to gays by religious people, the exact opposite probably happens as well? Because I've never heard of any cases like that happening.
edit on 8-2-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

However Im not sure I do on the profiling part.

Yeah - - it really wasn't a good word choice.

She was just reflecting from her mom's teachings - - that you see a person for who they are on the inside.

We teach: "People are their Heart".

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

www.lifesitenews.com...

As per usual - - your link site is a story in itself. Love the BALANCE part. Not to mention all the Christian ads on the site.

LifeSiteNews.com Daily News reports are widely circulated reports on important developments in the United States, Canada and around the world. Their purpose is to provide balance and more accurate coverage on culture, life and family matters than is usually given by other media. www.lifesitenews.com...

And further down the page:

The service was originally started by Campaign Life Coalition (CLC), a Canadian national pro-life organization headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Campaign Life Coalition, founded in 1978, was one of the first pro-life organizations to emphasize the international dimension of attacks on life and family. Along with a few other groups it pioneered pro-life lobbying at United Nations conferences. CLC president, Jim Hughes, is currently also vice-president of the International Right to Life Federation. www.lifesitenews.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I agree. I think there are many instances where we participate in racism without even knowing it. For example on "Lone Star Ranger" I think that was the show, there was a side kick Indian, who was named Tonto, which literally translates to stupid. The cleaveland indians have the big headed red skinned indian mascot who runs around banging his head, mocking Native Americans. This mainly goes unnoticed because America pretty much wiped out there existence, and their culture, and they no longer hold a voice.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I agree. I think there are many instances where we participate in racism without even knowing it. For example on "Lone Star Ranger" I think that was the show, there was a side kick Indian, who was named Tonto, which literally translates to stupid. The cleaveland indians have the big headed red skinned indian mascot who runs around banging his head, mocking Native Americans. This mainly goes unnoticed because America pretty much wiped out there existence, and their culture, and they no longer hold a voice.

The Lone Ranger and Tonto.

I don't know. Tonto does mean fool - - but in Spanish.

Jay Silverheels (Tonto) was a real Native Canadian - - son of a Mohawk chief. en.wikipedia.org...

The radio series identified Tonto as a chief's son in the Potawatomi nation. His name translates as wild one in his own language. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You have labeled NOM and AFA "hate groups" as an opinion only. I've asked for proof and facts, you gave opinions, no proof.

Your malicious assault on this thread is evident that you are a puppet of what you allow to be fed into your mind. You slander these groups with no facts to back up your opinion.

Had you given proof, I would have gladly supported you and the one's who were harmed by this rally.

I'm calling you out on this. You say you seek equality but have clearly shown you're a bigot who stoops to the lowest form of ignorance in the name of equal rights. You erode equal rights for everyone with your intolerance.

If you continue to call them a hate group, you need to add that it's your opinion and not fact.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Annee

You have labeled NOM and AFA "hate groups" as an opinion only. I've asked for proof and facts, you gave opinions, no proof.

They are officially a hate group. They are on a list.

And our government takes that list seriously.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Just because she may state it as a fact, which I don't see by the way, that doesn't make it so, and you shouldn't take it as such. If anyone for that matter tells you something is a fact, do you take their word for it? And if you don't whats the reason to get so upset? If this was the same thing, but istead of gay, you insert black, wouldn't that be considered a hate group?? Whats with all the double standards???

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It is fact. And our government takes it seriously.

Even if ThirdeyeofHorus tried to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center with opinions from extreme right websites.

18 Anti-Gay Groups and Their Propaganda

www.splcenter.org...

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join