It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The difference in the language

Here we have Ellen using the word "hate" and "haters"

And normally I try not to pay attention to my haters, but this time I'd like to talk about it because my haters are my motivators.

Then here we have the JC Penny CEO using language that's non offensive and yet... geez, he still gets the same message across.. well for those who would prefer to keep it decent and non offensive.

"We don't look at it like a controversy. One of the great things about America is people can speak their mind. And you know, the organization that believes one thing has spoken and it was great to see Ellen share her views yesterday. And we stand squarely behind Ellen as our spokesperson and that's a great thing. Because she shares the same values that we do in our company. Our company was founded 110 years ago on The Golden Rule, which is about treating people fair and square, just like you would like to be treated yourself. And we think Ellen represents the values of our company and the values that we share."

The language is the difference between night and day. The CEO is a much better respecter of Equal Rights than some on this thread and even Ellen.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Regardless of anything else the splc are jokes, people like you are just useful patsies to them

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

ITs only dumb, because you see race as the Untouchable, thing that no one is supposed to talk about, thereby defining you as rascist, I don't see how race is any more important than hair color, eye color, etc. I think the line makes sense, and I don't see how it is different from being gay. One side you hate someone cause there black, the other you hate them cause their gay, same thing to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by andersensrm

What I was trying to say is that maybe the Million Moms rally happened because a slew of changes that's happened lately that they feel is an intrusion onto their children and parenting rights.
One step has led to another and another. This has become so sensitive that it's no wonder they're taking a stand. I have to say, I truly don't think it's a "hate someone for being gay" problem here.
It's larger than that.
The spin, imo, is to paint it as hating gays.
The problem is that many parents do not want the education to influence their children on sexuality and so on.
The fear might be... what's their next step?
Please compare race with race subjects and sexual topics with sexual topics. I don't see anywhere in the OP where race comes in this.

edit on 9-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: spelling

Obviously racism is still a big problem with you guys, its okay to talk about sexual oreintation, but not race, becasue thats bad. You've just proved to me that your racist because you still discriminate against it. Why not compare, it is the exact same thing that happened 150 years ago. Millions of people rallied, and did everything they can, because they saw the steps that were eventually leading to equal rights and liberty for everyone. If parents really don't want their kids exposed to TV, THEN DON"T LET THEM WATCH TV, that simple. If you don't want them to be educated a certain way, move schools. IF you don't like it here, then move, no one is forcing you to stay. Im not saying they can't rally, for whatever reason they want, but when you justify it as something other than hate for gays, your just lying to yourself, just like all the people did when they justified their hate for blacks on something else.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Then here we have the JC Penny CEO using language that's non offensive and yet... geez, he still gets the same message across.. well for those who would prefer to keep it decent and non offensive.

"We don't look at it like a controversy. One of the great things about America is people can speak their mind. And you know, the organization that believes one thing has spoken and it was great to see Ellen share her views yesterday. And we stand squarely behind Ellen as our spokesperson and that's a great thing. Because she shares the same values that we do in our company. Our company was founded 110 years ago on The Golden Rule, which is about treating people fair and square, just like you would like to be treated yourself. And we think Ellen represents the values of our company and the values that we share."

The language is the difference between night and day. The CEO is a much better respecter of Equal Rights than some on this thread and even Ellen.

Yeah, he's a pretty smooth talker, all right. He's not on a forum where people speak their minds and true opinions. He's a CEO of a customer-based business, who pretty much HAS to be PC. If you read between the lines just a little, you can see he's bashing those Moms with their own medicine (Golden Rule - treating people fair).

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I looked up the Facebook page. It is now at 90,629
www.facebook.com...

JCP and Ellen vs. One Million Clowns

The right's latest epic fail. First they tried to pressure Komen to drop planned parenthood and the public backlash left them in tatters. Now another group of fundamentalist nutbags try to bully JCPenney department stores for hiring Ellen Degeneres as a company spokeswoman. So what happens this time? Essentially JCP and new CEO Ron Johnson tell them to STFU and . . .

Meanwhile at this writing 'one million moms' facebook page has 42,126 likes. '1 Million people who support Ellen for JCPenney' on FB has 38,890 likes, up from 38 this time last night. This is the writing on the wall for all the holier-than-thou fundamentalist screwheads.

People with these bigoted beliefs are decreasing year by year, minute by minute. Read more: interact.stltoday.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What I was trying to say is that maybe the Million Moms rally happened because a slew of changes that's happened lately that they feel is an intrusion onto their children and parenting rights.
One step has led to another and another. This has become so sensitive that it's no wonder they're taking a stand. I have to say, I truly don't think it's a "hate someone for being gay" problem here.
It's larger than that.
The problem is that many parents do not want the education to influence their children on sexuality and so on.
Please compare race with race subjects and sexual topics with sexual topics. I don't see anywhere in the OP where race comes in this.

onemillionmoms.com...

It's not spin, it's the main reason behind this campaign. The only one spinning this issue (and not doing a very good job at it for that matter) is you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I truly don't think it's a "hate someone for being gay" problem here.

I have to comment on this.

I listen to Michelangelo Signorile on OutQ radio almost daily. I like his style and he does try to present both sides of an issue. They cover many subjects on his show - - not just gay issues.

He live interviewed on his show the president of NOM "National Organization for Marriage".

He point blank asked him - - if the organization does anything to promote positive re-enforcement of straight marriage - - considering the high rate of divorce.

The answer was: "NO"

He then asked him if the sole purpose of NOM was gay marriage.

The answer was: "YES"

That was straight from the NOM presidents mouth.

NOM and AFA may vary slightly - - but they are virtually the same.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Why bring up the race issue? Because its about Equal Rights - Fighting Hate - Tolerance - Education

You know the SPLC "Southern Poverty Law Center" - - - the Law Center some of you think is a Big Joke.

From their history:

In the decades since its founding, the SPLC has shut down some of the nation’s most dangerous hate groups by winning crushing, multimillion-dollar jury verdicts on behalf of their victims. It has dismantled institutional racism in the South, reformed juvenile justice practices, shattered barriers to equality for women, children and the disabled, and protected low-wage immigrant workers from abuse. It also has reached out to the next generation with Teaching Tolerance, a program that provides educators with free classroom materials that teach students the value of tolerance and diversity. www.splcenter.org...

And continuing today:

LGBT Rights

Our work on LGBT issues spans decades – from an early case challenging the military’s anti-gay policy, Hoffburg v. Alexander, to the monitoring of anti-gay hate and extremist groups today. The SPLC is dedicated to defending the rights of the LGBT community. Our current work has a national reach but is primarily focused on the Southeast where relatively few organizations advocate for this community. www.splcenter.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

It's larger than that.

Obviously racism is still a big problem with you guys, its okay to talk about sexual oreintation, but not race, becasue thats bad. You've just proved to me that your racist because you still discriminate against it. Why not compare, it is the exact same thing that happened 150 years ago. Millions of people rallied, and did everything they can, because they saw the steps that were eventually leading to equal rights and liberty for everyone. If parents really don't want their kids exposed to TV, THEN DON"T LET THEM WATCH TV, that simple. If you don't want them to be educated a certain way, move schools. IF you don't like it here, then move, no one is forcing you to stay. Im not saying they can't rally, for whatever reason they want, but when you justify it as something other than hate for gays, your just lying to yourself, just like all the people did when they justified their hate for blacks on something else.

your logic breaks down rather quickly when you realize how wrong you are when you see you HAVE TO label me for it to make sense.
I can assure you I am not a racist. I have a long life of proof.
What you have here is a disagreement of lifestyle. That's it.
It's a better example to compare it to polygamy. I have some polygamy in my family tree. maybe it's in my genetics to want many wives as I might have been born with this desire to have a woman, a different woman every night of the week. I am just lucky there is no desire for sheep in my families history I guess. Genetics?

Well, there is that thing that science cannot prove any sexual desires are genetic so I am probably wrong.

But hate? dude, I hate getting up in the morning for work. That's my hate for the day.
I disagree with many and disaprove of many things as well and when it comes to molding childrens minds the stakes do get higher for any parent that cares about their outcome and long term emotional, physical and spiritual health. Even annee has the right to raise her children, and her childrens children the way she sees fit. To me she is blowing it bad but it's her right and she has that right to either expose prepubescants to sex or guard their childhood from these complex issues. She seems to grasp the difference with race as her kids kid knew the difference with race and it's basic premise, recognizing the simple understanding that people are people, no matter what color. And people are people no matter what their sexual desires are. But keep it out of other parents faces and guess what? They might have a chance of allowing their kids to be kids without sex being forced on them before they are ready. How evil is that? Dang, kkk'ish eh? NOT!

nah, I am not racist.
I am not offended by you ignorance of who I am and what I do, it's your choice to make those ignorant claims. But it shows how empty your arg is.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
We will never have 'equality' when one side gets to dictate the 'thoughts' of the other side.

That pretty much rules out every 'equality' and 'inequality' pushing groups in the world.

It is a technical impossibility to write 'equality' in law as, by giving a group or person special status (ironically, to make them 'equal'), they are no longer equal to the others.

The only true 'equality' in law, is the absence of differentiating labels/titles/etc.

Until that gets figured out, don't expect this sort of thing to go away.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
When I introduce my children/grandchildren to a straight person - - am I introducing them to sex? Shakes head

When I introduce my children/grandchildren to a straight person - - am I introducing them to the complications of relationships? Shakes head again

I introduce my children to PEOPLE who are: interesting - intelligent - funny - have great qualities - treat them with respect - etc etc.

People are People

People are people, so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully?
People are people, so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully?

So we're different colours and we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me though I've done nothing wrong
I've never even met you, so what could I have done?

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

lyrics.wikia.com...
eople_Are_People

edit on 10-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Okay.... but why will nobody recognize my statement, that its not being forced on anyone, parents still have the right and liberty to not expose them to it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I've never bitch slapped anyone before but I guarantee you there's always a first time!

Pardon me while I don't grovel on my belly proving to the world I'm that I'm so intellectually inept that I can't see everyone as individuals as you enjoy doing.
You are incapable of arguing anything so you stoop as low as possible to bring race to the argument.
That's absolute proof that you haven't a clue and that you haven't lived life.
If you want a racist war with me, bring it on imp! Create a thread on it.
If not, I ask you to please leave me alone.
Do you have two names on here? You sure do remind me of another belly crawler.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yeah, he's a pretty smooth talker, all right. He's not on a forum where people speak their minds and true opinions. He's a CEO of a customer-based business, who pretty much HAS to be PC. If you read between the lines just a little, you can see he's bashing those Moms with their own medicine (Golden Rule - treating people fair).

I know who's side the CEO is on. The side of freedom of speech. If you think I'm missing something here, you're wrong.
I don't care if he hires and defends Ellen. You might need to step back a moment here.
My argument in the post you're referring to is the language used.
Personally, I didn't realize the "hate" word was used so much from the gay supporters and those who are gay.

The CEO supports Ellen, his the decision to hire her and he also supports freedom of speech.
Why is that so hard to see?
Does it have to be all one-sided?
Can someone support a person (an individual), a sexual orientation AND the freedom of speech, freedom to assemble... too?

It's quite entertaining to me how I'm being stereo-typed. I see posters on this board who are trained to cover their rears by ...firststating what and who they support.

Why can't this incident be about equal rights and decency to and from everyone?

So you can't see further than a single thought? You can't see how the CEO was decent and fair?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Oh, ok, so they just woke up one morning and said..... humm, lets go rally over here..... just because someone is gay......
There's nothing more to it?
Just a single thought..... ewww, someone's gay.... lets silence them!

Look I didn't know there was such a thing as the Million Mom's group. All I'm saying is it's stupid to read an article that clearly want's to be one-sided.
So, now we have idiots running on here fueling their emotions with the "for being GAY!" drug.

I'm saying if you're going to call a group a hate group, at least show me something to back it up.
I could say OWS doesn't really have a message and they seem to have a urine problem, they seem to be quite destructive, costing tax payers millions.
I could say IMO they're idiots and need to be potty trained..... AND I could give you proof OF MY OPINION.

I'm also saying... at least these people are potty trained!!!
Whether I agree with them or not, I will defend their right to rally.
I will also defend Ellen's right to work any freakiin where regardless of her sexual orientation.

But why people aren't capable of seeing both sides of this is just stupid.

Hey, lets just run around feeding our negative emotions

If Ellen say's "haters"... well then lets confirm to her language

Me, I'd rather step a little light and carefully before I slander any group with such harsh labels.

Eta:
They could very well be a "hate group" .... but I'm not seeing any proof of it.
edit on 11-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

He point blank asked him - - if the organization does anything to promote positive re-enforcement of straight marriage - - considering the high rate of divorce. The answer was: "NO" He then asked him if the sole purpose of NOM was gay marriage. The answer was: "YES" That was straight from the NOM presidents mouth. NOM and AFA may vary slightly - - but they are virtually the same.

The National Organisation for Marriage

The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to protect marriage and the faith communities that sustain it. Founded in 2007 in response to the growing need for an organized opposition to same-sex marriage in state legislatures, NOM serves as a national resource for marriage-related initiatives at the state and local level. For decades, pro-family organizations have educated the public about the importance of marriage and the family, but have lacked the organized, national presence needed to impact state and local politics in a coordinated and sustained fashion. NOM seeks to fill that void, organizing as a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, giving it the flexibility to lobby and support marriage initiatives across the nation.

Can you prove their mission is a simple "for being gay" by adding a link to a podcast or something?

edit on 11-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
We will never have 'equality' when one side gets to dictate the 'thoughts' of the other side.

That pretty much rules out every 'equality' and 'inequality' pushing groups in the world.

It is a technical impossibility to write 'equality' in law as, by giving a group or person special status (ironically, to make them 'equal'), they are no longer equal to the others.

The only true 'equality' in law, is the absence of differentiating labels/titles/etc.

Those are sweet sweet words to remember.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

We DO have laws against discrimination, however. The Civil Rights Act was not about making the black segment of our society "special" - it was about eliminating discrimination. You discriminate against someone by not treating them the same as everyone else, by not allowing them the same rights as everyone else - in other words - inequality. See how it works?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Oh, ok, so they just woke up one morning and said..... humm, lets go rally over here..... just because someone is gay......
There's nothing more to it?
Just a single thought..... ewww, someone's gay.... lets silence them!

You're right. It IS much more than just rallying because someone is gay. It's about trying to get Ellen fired. It's also about pressuring sponsors to drop financial support for tv shows like Modern Family and Glee. They are trying to take away MY right to watch these tv shows, by taking them completely off the air.

Of course, they are well within their rights to stop shopping at JCPenney. They are within their rights to not watch shows like Modern Family and Glee, and not let their kids watch them. But when they start taking away other people's rights, that's when they cross the line to being a hate group.

Hey, lets just run around feeding our negative emotions

I would argue that is exactly what the million moms are doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join