It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by Manhater

I see nothing wrong with their actions, First amendment applies to them as well right...? At least these mothers shower and are not urinating in the parking lot. I commend them for standing up for their principles.

And just to let you know, I like gay men, I love them, I wish more men went gay...leaves more free woman for me available and the ratio keeps getting better...: )

But let me ask you a question, if all men and woman were gay how would babies be born...? (forget current medicine because homosexuality has been around for a long time. The planet would be void of humans no...?
If the devine intended on homosexuality to be normal than he would have given both sexes the ability to reproduce on their own without the other...(argue your crap all you want with me on this, but this is reality)...

MarineSniper (showering alone, Allah know's who might be starring at my junk)...

They are e*il whose only purpose is to destroy the order of the divine.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

But when Chick-fil-A was protested and boycotted by the gays - - - these type moms sang a different tune.

They seem to want it one way.

I wasn't going to say anything about that thread Annee, but you brought it up.

You took the position that Chik-Fil-A should be boycotted and shut down, the exact same position these protesters are taking against JC Penney now, and accused anyone who did not agree with you of homophobia and hatred. You took the opposite side of the debate, apparently merely because of the agenda of the people doing the protesting.

I said the same thing I am saying now: Chik-Fil-A was free to set their policies as they wished, just as I now say JC Penney can do the same. Identical stances, on both sides of the debate. Your stance shifted 180 degrees to stay with the gay movement, regardless of fairness or equity.

You have been called out.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by manna2

reply to post by ofhumandescent

Care to define what is 'love'??
In my view it's the greatest excuse one can find if used in out of context.
now tell me, what is love???

Love is the root of all evil when secularized

What a ridiculous statement. I believe hate is the root of all evil, secular or not.

Love is wanting to share yourself with another human being. Love is putting someone else's needs before your own. Love does not need religion to be valid. There are many people who don't follow your religion who love their family with all their hearts - how is this evil?

Your definition begins with attachment and ends with riding the high moral horse which refers to ego.
Are you sure it's love???

Yep, I'm sure.

What ISN'T love is trying to take away someone's right to be a respected member of our society when they aren't hurting anyone else. What ISN'T love is trying to force your particular religion on others regardless of whether they want it or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Great point...the corporations are free to take their stance as are the people that protest.

I honestly dont understand the issue, everyone has a right to agree or disagree and peacefully protest...

I personally do not like Ellen D, not because she is gay but because she is not funny nor entertaining to me. Also she has a hot wife that should be straight... : ) (have a sense of humor people)

Sniper

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neurodrive
I had to register here, just because there is major flaw in the logic of many closet homophobes.

Just because being homosexual isn't "natural", doesn't mean they should have less rights than a straight person, or looked down upon.
Absolutely nothing in your life is natural. You live in huge wooden and steel boxes, spend most of your day sending digital letters to strangers you have never met, travel inside a giant mechanical animal, you cook your food inside a smaller metal box that incinerates your food with microwaves. I can go on forever; there is nothing "natural" about humanity.

You want natural? Go take your wife into the woods and survive there with absolutely no technology and see how that lasts. Maybe have a child or two. Maybe one of them grows up and tells you he/she is gay. Would they be natural now?
Your title is neurodrive but it seems you have gone on 'nonsense' drive.
All those things that you mentioned come from nature my dear and we apply natural laws to make them. Nature has given us brains and we are natural enough to use them.
And avoid calling everyone who understands the natural laws 'closet' homophobes.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Annee

But when Chick-fil-A was protested and boycotted by the gays - - - these type moms sang a different tune.

They seem to want it one way.

I wasn't going to say anything about that thread Annee, but you brought it up.

You took the position that Chik-Fil-A should be boycotted and shut down, the exact same position these protesters are taking against JC Penney now, and accused anyone who did not agree with you of homophobia and hatred. You took the opposite side of the debate, apparently merely because of the agenda of the people doing the protesting.

I have agreed with you 100% that protestors have a right to protest.and boycott according to the constitution.

Again - - I am standing for a minority group being denied Equal Rights. Gays are not trying to prevent Equal Rights.

NOM - who's only purpose is to prevent gays from marrying is the same as the KKK to me. It is a hate group trying to deny a minority group Equal Rights.

The Chick-fil-A situation is a little bit different. The owner of Chick-fil-A donates large sums of money to NOM.

Chik-fil-A tried to spin it that they are a business that serves everyone - - and that what the owner does on his own has nothing to do with the business.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

reply to post by ofhumandescent

Care to define what is 'love'??
In my view it's the greatest excuse one can find if used in out of context.
now tell me, what is love???

Love is the root of all evil when secularized

What a ridiculous statement. I believe hate is the root of all evil, secular or not.

Love is wanting to share yourself with another human being. Love is putting someone else's needs before your own. Love does not need religion to be valid. There are many people who don't follow your religion who love their family with all their hearts - how is this evil?

Your definition begins with attachment and ends with riding the high moral horse which refers to ego.
Are you sure it's love???

Yep, I'm sure.

What ISN'T love is trying to take away someone's right to be a respected member of our society when they aren't hurting anyone else. What ISN'T love is trying to force your particular religion on others regardless of whether they want it or not.
Are you a religiophobe???
did i mention anything about religion??
I asked you what is love not the opposite.
And since you have mentioned religion, care to tell me from where the concept of 'love' comes from??

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This thread hurt my brain.

On one side you have "I hate homosexuality because I've found God, and with that, I've found absolute humility....except toward the gays, I know they're lower than me and I despise them because they don't know what love is. If they only understood love, I could stop hating them."

On the other, we have "These people should NOT be allowed to protest JC Penny! However, it's cool when they glitter bomb the Bachmann Institute and the pray the gay away clinic."

The not-so-aptly named One Million Moms have the right to do this. It's hate speech, and it's vile, but it's protected. I disagree with The Redneck, I think the gay barbarian horde should glitter bomb the protest. Yes, they'd look silly. That's the point. Hate speech should be called out as the silly garbage that it is. However, if Westboro Baptist is allowed to do what they do, certainly these bored, overly zealous morons are too.

Yes, I'm judgemental towards them. That's my right too. I'm not saying I'm better than them because I'm Ghandi. I'm saying I'm better than them because I'm not stupid. I think they're really, really stupid. I don't think people are ever persuaded to a line of thinking by being called abominations, and the only people who are attracted to this line of thinking are the morons who need to be on the angry mob side of an issue so they feel important.

I'm just happy that a lot of the posters here seem really reasonable about it.....with the whole "it's their right and it's JC Penny's right to tell them to get bent" angle. It's a shame the unreasonable ones post so often, or we could move on to better things like making some of the obvious "Occupy Your Mom" jokes that should have already been made.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Again - - I am standing for a minority group being denied Equal Rights. Gays are not trying to prevent Equal Rights.

That's all fine and good, but your stance shifts with the stance of the group you stand with. You support a gay agenda regardless of equality or fairness. At least admit that.

NOM - who's only purpose is to prevent gays from marrying is the same as the KKK to me. It is a hate group trying to deny a minority group Equal Rights.

The key words here are "to me". You are of course free to have that sentiment, but it would behoove you to accept criticism that you are biased on this issue.

The Chick-fil-A situation is a little bit different. The owner of Chick-fil-A donates large sums of money to NOM.

No, and here is where I vehemently disagree with you. the only difference is that Chik-Fil-A did something you saw as anti-gay, while JC Penneys did something you consider pro-gay. In both cases, the leaders of the corporation made a decision based on their opinions and as a result a boycott was threatened, by the "gay community" (whatever that is) in the case of Chik-Fil-A and by an opposing group in the case of JC Penney. In the former, you were in wholehearted support of the boycott, while in the latter you denounce it.

We live in a country where all are welcome to have their own opinions Annee, and there is nothing whatsoever wrong with you having the opinion you have. I simply wish you would be more forthright about that opinion and admit that you will support the gay agenda over fairness, true equality, or anything else that becomes inconvenient to that agenda.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
# The Gays Man. She Should be fired. A Nasty Ass Dike like that, i mean really, who cares about JCPenny anyways...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No, and here is where I vehemently disagree with you. the only difference is that Chik-Fil-A did something you saw as anti-gay, while JC Penneys did something you consider pro-gay.

NO.

Chick-fil-A did something anti Equal Rights to a minority.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Saying that the two situations are equivalent is complete dishonesty.

Chick-Fil-A donated millions of dollars to keep the rights of a certain minority (gays) in check.

JC Penny hired someone.

I understand the point you make, and I agree with you that since money is speech (boo to that) Chick-Fil-A was within their rights, the gays who protested were within their rights, and these moms are too. That's valid.

Please don't characterize the two situations as identical though. They're not. On one hand, you have a group fighting desperately for what they perceive to be legal rights that are squashed, in large part, by Chick-FIl-A and their monetary contributions....on the other, you have a company that hired a gay spokeswoman.

One is hate speech, one is not. Both protected, but not the same.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee and post by Jiggyfly

Disagreements duly noted. But please be aware that disagreements do not change reality.

Fair is fair, and I will stand for fairness... regardless of public opinion or which side of an issue I find myself on.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
personally i think its about time someone start complaining about gays being pushed down everyones throats

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee and post by Jiggyfly

Disagreements duly noted. But please be aware that disagreements do not change reality.

Fair is fair, and I will stand for fairness... regardless of public opinion or which side of an issue I find myself on.

TheRedneck

I know about prejudice and inequality by growing up with a disabled mother. I was only 5 when she contracted polio. A year later my dad ran off with a "shoulder to cry on" - because he couldn't deal with it.

I know about being denied entrance to a restaurant - for whatever excuse (insurance - because with a disability you might fall).

I know about being asked to leave because another customer felt uncomfortable looking at you. Yes - this happened more then once.

I remember my mom breakdown crying when we (3 of us 6 and under) were denied entrance to a restaurant - - and my mom begging the "owner" to let us kids use the bathroom. (they didn't have 7-11s on every corner back then).

And not only disability discrimination - but gender discrimination as well. A single woman in the 50s trying to get a credit card? Not a joke. Trying to get a second on our house (basically anything to do with finances). Apparently women can't be trusted with handling money.

So YES - - - this for me is about Equal Rights for a minority group. And along with that I'm going to fight hate and ignorance.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm usually no moralist but...

Are you kidding me? Are we really having this conversation? Do we still live in a world where people's sexual preferences matter? How petty, mediocre and boring. I picture a herd of stampeding domesticated cows annoyed at having to witness a woman holding hands with another woman.

How does someone's bedroom antics hold any sway on anything? I don't get it and I can't understand the reasoning behind it. Are we really that fearful of our own sexuality that we have to persecute others for theirs? This sort of self-loathing is despicable.

What a mockery of mankind, and a complete disgrace to all human progress.

...Moralizing over.

ETA: The claim that homosexuality isn't natural is a pile of so much excrement. Homosexual behavior in animals

edit on 4-2-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Most human beings as well as many religious people are strongly devoted to the abolition of evil…provided it's someone else's evil.

Seven billion human being in the world are insisting on fifteen little words that are destroying the entire planet. Those words are: "My way is right. Your way is wrong. And I will kill you (or hate you) for it !!!”

Judgmental criticism is the disapproval of other people---not for having faults---but for having faults which are different than their own.

edit on 4-2-2012 by lapi7 because: Editorial comment deleted.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Are you a religiophobe???
did i mention anything about religion??
I asked you what is love not the opposite.
And since you have mentioned religion, care to tell me from where the concept of 'love' comes from??

Love comes from humanity - being human. Love was around long before religion.

I do not hate religion - I hate religious extremism which is when an individual or group tries to rule everyone else based on their religious principles. This is what the million moms is trying to do.

What do you think love is?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neurodrive
I had to register here, just because there is major flaw in the logic of many closet homophobes.

Just because being homosexual isn't "natural", doesn't mean they should have less rights than a straight person, or looked down upon.
Absolutely nothing in your life is natural. You live in huge wooden and steel boxes, spend most of your day sending digital letters to strangers you have never met, travel inside a giant mechanical animal, you cook your food inside a smaller metal box that incinerates your food with microwaves. I can go on forever; there is nothing "natural" about humanity.

You want natural? Go take your wife into the woods and survive there with absolutely no technology and see how that lasts. Maybe have a child or two. Maybe one of them grows up and tells you he/she is gay. Would they be natural now?

I thought it was the pro-Gay people who said it's completely natural therefore good and acceptable,and some of us provided examples of where natural may not be appropriate for humans( such as eating feces or eating our own).
edit on 4-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

the only difference is that Chik-Fil-A did something you saw as anti-gay,

See I don't know a lot about this company or the incident being talked about, but just googling and looking on wikipedia, shows that this company are pretty ant-gay.

Not only that but a muslim employee also sued the company.

They don't seem too great.

while JC Penneys did something you consider pro-gay.

See this is where this issue is really confusing. (it isn't actually but people like to confuse)
There is nothing pro gay about hiring Ellen.... nothing,... she is a celebrity, a famous person... a personality. She has a hugely successful show and the company obviously thought she could help them make money.
She's not going to be making out with her GF in ads I wouldn't think.... or bringing out "How to be a lesbian" dvds...

Her sexuality is irrelevant and the only people who have an issue and talk about her sexuality as an issue, are those who are "Anti-Gay" and belong to these "Family values" and "american family association" groups and so on... bigoted people who can't leave people alone.

And people who say things like "The gay agenda" have issues...

The only agenda is equality... equality in law and equality to live their lives free from harassment and discrimination..

People can boycott whatever they like, more power to 'em....

But boycotting JCP's is like boycotting a company because they hire a black person or a disabled person as their spokesperson..... or ANYONE who isn't a wholesome, white Christian family man/woman

It's pathetic.

Boycotting and campaigning FOR equality and for change and awareness and fairness is NEVER going to be the same as boycotting because you are ignorant, bigoted and scared of something that's different.

And that's the point.

These stupid Million Moms are a bunch a bigoted, ignorant idiots.

edit on 4/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join