It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Well said there, TheRedneck. I too stand for equality, across the board. I like Ellen Degeneres, always have, and I don't really care how she conducts her life. JC Penny is an old, very established American company, I can remember their catalogs, and my Grandpa used to order suits from them. We shop in Penny's sometimes. This American company is trying to hold it's head above the water, polluted by Walmarts everywhere, in an economy that doesn't work so good anymore. Demonizing them for what their spokesperson does in her own bedroom is un-American. There are over 1500 species of animals that practice homosexuality, it is NORMAL, so it is time to just get over it. Gay people are American too, they vote, they serve in the Military, and they spend money in American stores. Please pay some respect to them for that.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've read as much of this as I can.

I'm not going to say anything that hasn't been said already. It's not like Ellen is selling sex toys. She is representing clothing. I'm punky for example, but that doesn't mean I hunt down every punk hair or dress representative and make sure their moral and ethical beliefs along with bed rooms habits match mine.

I'm sorry, but this is just the equiv of declaring war. If you want to stop gay people representing a brand and are endorsing this behaviour, then I'd suggest next time a Christian person gets fired for believing in Jesus you're going to have to accept it.

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why does Ellen Degeneres dress more like a man than a woman?

I don't think I've ever seen her in a dress, not that I've been looking, but the number of times I've seen her she has been dressed more like a man than a woman. In fact most of the lesbian couples I've met always seem to have one "manly" partner yet I've never seen a male homosexual couple where one partner wears a dress.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks

I don't think I've ever seen her in a dress, not that I've been looking, but the number of times I've seen her she has been dressed more like a man than a woman. In fact most of the lesbian couples I've met always seem to have one "manly" partner yet I've never seen a male homosexual couple where one partner wears a dress.

Because she doesn't like dresses.

The rest of your post is stereotyping.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

In fact most of the lesbian couples I've met always seem to have one "manly" partner yet I've never seen a male homosexual couple where one partner wears a dress.

It's a style thing for some. The short hair etc ... helps identify which is actually quite neccessary when you want to date less than 1% of the population. It's the same way gay men have certain styles in various areas. It's not really classed as cross dressing for women either, and IMO there isn't that many manly persons.... people out side just notice those ones more because they stand out.

There are plenty of alternate sub cultures where women wear pants and things (and not particularly masculine ones either). To be honest you could make the same generalizations about heterosexuals. IE ... why do most heterosexual women have long hair?

I'm not sure it means anything other than its part of the culture.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I personally don't give a hoot what she wears. Her dressing "manly" is no more odd to me than my sister-in-law's Scottish dad donning his kilt openly here in the US. If you're comfortable in what you wear, rock on!

ETA: And she may feel the same way as me regarding dresses or skirts. I find them to be frilly & uncomfortable no matter the style. I hate them, therefore I don't wear them. Only tops & shorts are comfortable for me, with the occasional jeans in cold weather

edit on 2/4/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/4/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Again - - most of the gays I have known are Christian. Gays are not going to end Christianity. Accepting gays as God made them - - is not going to end Christianity.

There are many Christians fighting for gays to have Equal Rights. There are Christian denominations who have opened their doors to gays.

This is NOT Christian bashing.

Last year polls for the first time showed 51% of people in America accept gays and gay rights. We are moving in the right direction.

I've had two friends - good friends - that were Christian before they came out. They were Christian for some time after. I 'm not a Christian - never was. We never had a problem finding common ground. I accepted who they were - they accepted me - seems pretty simple...the things that make us different are so few compared to the things that make us all so much alike

I've obviously had straight Christian friends who genuinely love and accept people. All people. They don't judge. Just as obviously - I've had many good friends who were atheist or agnostic - and they are just the same - they accept everyone. They don't judge

I've had Muslim friends, Jewish friends...just more of the same

The problem comes when some people decide that other people are not allowed to be who and what they are.

They'll say it's about not having things forced on them. That's the weak camouflage they try and use. Or they'll say that it's about not wanting to be exposed to a lack of proper morals

How is it they get to decide for everybody what proper morals are? How is it - exactly - that they get to decide who is good and who is bad?

oh - I forgot - God says. Their God

Accepting gay people is no different than accepting people of different faiths, people who are from a different ethnic background - or accepting people with different political leanings for that matter - it's about tolerance

We don't have to like each other - though I believe that the various gods and prophets actually do suggest that we love each other. Not just like, not just tolerate - love. How unrealistic is that? :-)

Of course, when it comes to fighting Satan - loving each other is less important. You toss Satan into the mix and you've just given yourself a permission slip to do anything - 'cause Satan is sneaky and all that - he could be anywhere - or anyone

Jesus will forgive you're lack of tolerance, compassion, forgiveness and brotherly love if you're fighting Satan - 'cause that SOB is goin' down one way or another...come hell or high water

:-)

no, you're not bashing Christians Annee - and the real Christians know it

truth is, however - we are both of us bigots. We are intolerant of bigotry

life is complicated like that

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Why is your avatar wearing purple tights?

What does your question have to do with equal rights for gays?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

How is it they get to decide for everybody what proper morals are?

The same could be asked about people like yourself. How is it you get to decide that being 'tolerant' is the moral way to be for everybody? How is it that you get to decide that being 'bigoted' is immoral?
edit on 2/4/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I have known those - I'd say - "Truly Walk in His Footsteps" - - unfortunately its all too few.

If they knew a gay person - - they would just love them - - and let God do the judging.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wow, I need to celebrate. I think this is the first thread I ever made that got some people going to make about 20 pages of a thread. _/

edit on 4-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by kaylaluv

wipe gays off the planet, that's a good one.
keep em' coming. we need humor in this thread

Are you not aware that tv is the mind control tool of all time?
Come on allready.
Whta is shown on tv is the frontline battle for childrens minds....But go ahead, keep watching what the social programmers want to implant.But for these moms, they get it.....for the most part.
edit on 4-2-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

Ok - you've made your position known. You are a member of a hate group. Good luck with that.

ok, I have a challenge to prove a point.
I have made alot of posts in this thread and have been accused of being in a hate group and I want to know why?

Come on kayluv, show me what I said is so hateful?
I think you accusing me of this proves the ridiculous agenda here.
I made good points and I never once offended anyone, except by exposing annies hypocrisy, which is pretty easy to do considering the things she is so flippant and inconsiderate when she chases the christian boogie man.
But a hate group? Really? Is your arg that shallow that you have to label me in a hate group?
What hate group did I expose myself to?

This is sooooo telling of the irrationality of this arg by you and others.
Where's my hate speech? My affiliation with what org? The moms I defended? Thats just stupid! I feel you guys completely failed in making a clear case in denigrating these peoples right to be represented using their 1'st amendment liberties and they never crossed any lines the best I could tell as they were peaceful in their petition or their assembling.

But you on the other hand.....where is the hateful stuff you have accused me of? Can you use my words or do you need to interprete for me what I meant to really say?

I am sorry I let you get away with this cheap shot for so long but lady....if you are one, you accused me of something very ugly and I wonder if you can support your own, HATEFUL rhetoric aimed at my person.

edit on 4-2-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I love Ellen! I dont know whats wrong with some people. this makes me angry.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am sorry but Ellen is freaking hilarious. These woman bigots need to get a life. Apparently they have nothing better to do than judge other people. So silly. Having marched in numerous PFLAG parades in support of a gay family member I find their conduct disgusting and quite ludicrous. I can guarantee they interact with many gay people every day that they don't know are gay and are non the wiser. To put a label on someone like that is asinine and counter to everything America stands for. Freedom to be who you are.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruthS

All sins are equal in the Christian Gods' eye. A gay person is no different than a liar according to the Christian Bible. You make no sense.
edit on 2/4/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

How is it they get to decide for everybody what proper morals are?

The same could be asked about people like yourself. How is it you get to decide that being 'tolerant' is the moral way to be for everybody? How is it that you get to decide that being 'bigoted' is immoral?
edit on 2/4/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

it's a lame point you're trying to make my friend - it's about civil rights - equality and fairness - for everyone, not just for some people. And not just for people I like and approve of

besides, I never said it was immoral - I said it was wrong :-)

I've already admitted - I am intolerant

I will put my particular kind of intolerance up against anyone's

it's a free for all - that's for sure - but this is how things change

The majority will decide the way things should be - and the majority changes

you don't like it - can't help you there

I am simply not going to shut up about this until people stop trying to tell other people what they are allowed to believe, feel or be

I think the mistake many people make is - they don't see the difference. Or, it makes no sense to them

I'm not telling the bigots they can't believe or feel what they believe or feel. I'm not saying they can't be what they are

I'm saying - they don't have the right to decide those things for me

if you can't understand the difference between fighting for the rights of everyone or fighting to make sure some people are kept down - well, I can't help you there either

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by netwarrior
This is what happens when a bitter wife has nothing better to do. Get a hobby for crying out loud.

That's a lot of "bitter wifes'" I think there is a deeper underlying symptom here than just being bitter.

Homosexuals are trying to force society to go from "tolerance" to "acceptance" then from "acceptance" to a homosexual normalcy. People forget that other people have a right to self agency as well, a right to self determination. By forcing their views onto other people, homosexuals will just undo everything they have done these last few decades. They would of been better served cultivating a general culture of tolerance(with homosexual enclaves here and there where homosexuals can have their own communities) and leave it at that.

No matter, stuff like this is just the beginning. You have to understand that homosexuals linked themselves to feminism. And the lady folk aren't going to blame themselves for the marriage strike or the culture of misandry in society that has made marriage in impossibility for their daughters(and millions of women who want to get married).

So they are going to start to take it out on those who propagate such an environment, if only as a sub-conscious reaction. First they will come for the gay's, then the feminist's, then other leftist's, well after that things will get really interesting. Stuff like this are the first outreaches of the seeds of the coming fascist revolution that was planted in the 60's and 70's.
edit on 5-2-2012 by korathin because: comma added

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This thread is awesome!

We have the opening of Ellen being protested by soccer mom's who are offended by her being gay.

Then, we have people protesting the people protesting Ellen.

We also have people protesting people of religion because "some" believe that being gay is a sin.

Then we have people of religion protesting those protesting them.

The point being here, in my opinion, is that it actually doesn't matter wether you are gay, straight, white, black, muslim, christian, Bears fan, Man utd fan, a papa john's fan or a pizza hut fan (the list could go on and on) there will always be someone with an opposing opinion. Always. And should those people have the right to express their opinion? Of course. Because if they can't, then neither should you be able to express your own. You really have to have it both ways.

I personally support Ellen in this, I have no issue with her (although personally I am not a fan) but I say that in the knowledge that not everyone will agree with me, that's life folks.
edit on 5-2-2012 by AtlantisX99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korathin

Homosexuals are trying to force society to go from "tolerance" to "acceptance" then from "acceptance" to a homosexual normalcy. People forget that other people have a right to self agency as well, a right to self determination. By forcing their views onto other people, homosexuals will just undo everything they have done these last few decades. They would of been better served cultivating a general culture of tolerance(with homosexual enclaves here and there where homosexuals can have their own communities) and leave it at that.

Homosexual enclaves?? So what, the answer is segragation?? Madness!!

What next; segragation by color? what about seperate enclaves for vegatarians and meat eaters??

edit on 5-2-2012 by AtlantisX99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by ATruthS

All sins are equal in the Christian Gods' eye. A gay person is no different than a liar according to the Christian Bible. You make no sense.

Sin only applies to those who have that belief.

The US is a secular government - - although sometimes I wonder.

Equal Rights should never be determined by religious belief. Why it is - - why this is happening - - is not OK.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join